• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
Sekai Maou ch24

Being the Demon Lord sure is convenient for gathering information.

Yjwr5mB.png

Well, he wasn't too far off.

petran79

Banned
I read the manga of Ushio and Tora.
First 7 volumes were boring and I really thought of abandoning this title. Story, action and pace were bad even for an early 90s title.

But after the story with the 3 kamitachi the manga got better and the ending was very original for a 1997 shonen title. Though at that time it was way too violent for a TV adaptation, hence probably why it only got an OVA. Didnt reach Sazan Eyes quality but it was close afterwards.

Cant believe they squeezed the manga story to just 20 episodes so far in the anime and toned down the violence.

Focus 1
I love these BL manga set on an island with characters interested in writing or photography. This one is off to a good start with older characters who one starts off by saying hes gay and clearly being interested while the other one who seems to not be gay but also pretty oblivious at least hangs out with him. Im afraid it could turn out to be one of those sad BL manga where it stays one sided the whole time at even the end of the series. Those have usually always been painful to read and sad though I guess they are realistic.

Great art, great setting, interesting premise.

Zweizer

Banned
The Princess of the Library (One-shot) by Osawa Amane

Short yuri 4koma story about a librarian and a ghost. Pretty nice, though obviously I'd have loved to see this expanded into a one-volume series at least.

Ousama no Koi Asobi 1
tumblr_nx40wqlGis1tl5ty5o2_500.png

The American, Kamina Barns, joining the JPN Branch of Prada to quickly reform it is a good premise that starts off on a high note. He is fantastic and pretty enjoyable to have to provide a new perspective on the company and its employees. Temp worker insider Noda who seems to have caught Kamina's attention is an intriguing character who needs his motives mentioned. However, I wonder if we will return to that as due to him catching Kamina's attention he was found out immediately.

Cant wait to see what Kamina proposes for Noda to do as punishment.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Boo hoo raku can't figure out which of the 4 hot girls who want to fuck him he wants to fuck. The fact that he actively denies wanting to fuck Chitoge is actually funny. Like, what high school student does that? We've already established that every single character in the entire show thinks she's stupidly hot. Except Raku because he didn't fucking notice.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Soma 144

Strange, I'm probably wrong but from this chapter I got the sentiment Soma was going to lose.

The author stopped doing 'last guy to release his bankai wins' a while back.

I wouldn't be surprised if the judges refuse to try the dish and only try Eizan's, but thenEizan declares himself the loser when he tries Soma's dish because of some kind of dumb pride shit. It's gonna be pretty disappointing when it turns out Soma had no plan at all to deal with the judges being bribed.

I'll give Nisekoi this I'm honestly not sure which between Chitoge and Onodera is actually going to win. Generally the Chitoge character wins in the end and would end the series on a nice full circle, but story wise stuff like the Xmas chapter really makes me thinks Onodera is going to win.

Jaxec

Nisekoi 195

Raku is still an undecided pos.

Boo hoo raku can't figure out which of the 4 hot girls who want to fuck him he wants to fuck. The fact that he actively denies wanting to fuck Chitoge is actually funny. Like, what high school student does that? We've already established that every single character in the entire show thinks she's stupidly hot. Except Raku because he didn't fucking notice.

Damn. You guys are going in. Spit that fire.

I'll give Nisekoi this I'm honestly not sure which between Chitoge and Onodera is actually going to win. Generally the Chitoge character wins in the end and would end the series on a nice full circle, but story wise stuff like the Xmas chapter really makes me thinks Onodera is going to win.

Nah, it's 100% Chitoge.

I think I may just do OP by arc if the patterns and pacing keeps up

the series is becoming cookie cutter in template

I'll find out in the coming chapters

This fucking series needs to end, it was in the back of Jump this week, though it's getting the next cover.

random25

As much as I would like that to happen, Chitoge will be the endgame for Raku with all the signs pointing in that direction. Would be happy to be wrong though.

PK Gaming

Welcome to every harem manga ever made...?

dani_dc

One Piece 807

This chapter actually managed to annoy me.
How do you go to talk about the last 10 days and not go over the most important detail, Sanji!

Quasar

As much as I would like that to happen, Chitoge will be the endgame for Raku with all the signs pointing in that direction. Would be happy to be wrong though.

I figured that was true from word go. She was first after all. And the main girl for the whole premise.

Angry Grimace

I figured that was true from word go. She was first after all. And the main girl for the whole premise.
He's going to confess to both except not actually choose and leave no resolution.

The author stopped doing 'last guy to release his bankai wins' a while back.

I wouldn't be surprised if the judges refuse to try the dish and only try Eizan's, but thenEizan declares himself the loser when he tries Soma's dish because of some kind of dumb pride shit. It's gonna be pretty disappointing when it turns out Soma had no plan at all to deal with the judges being bribed.

I don't want that at all :/

I was hoping the head shokugeki glasses dude with the "?" mark suit finds some way to disqualify the judges and invalidate all the Shokugeki's they judged.

Haikyuu!! 183
tumblr_inline_ny4ateKERv1qgm84e_540.png

I love how tsukki is called Karasunos Light of Hope. He really rose to the top of Karasunos arsenal. Hinata and Tsukki in play will make this a nailbiter.

Goshiki Tsutomu was splendid. Its so intense.

Revo

Fire Brigade of Flames 8

this has to have only been a limited amount of chapters from the getgo(bad ratings/originally planned to be super short) otherwise I don't see why we're just speeding through everything

Kingdom - 452

So Ten has cooked up a plan. An unconventional one at that too! Hopefully it doesn't take long for Shin to rack up some enemy heads.
Fire Brigade of Flames 8

this has to have only been a limited amount of chapters from the getgo(bad ratings/originally planned to be super short) otherwise I don't see why we're just speeding through everything

You mean...burning through everything! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom