• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Potter [Mafia] |OT| “Yer a werewolf, ‘Arry”

Rynam

?k?y, ? b?l??v? Ryn?m, M?r?cl? ?nd Th?G?dd?mn.

Th? l?k?ly p?ss?b?l?ty ?f ? n?nj? d??s n?t fr?? cr?b ?f s?sp?c??n c?mpl?t?ly. ?ll w? kn?w th?r? ?s ? pr?b?bly ? n?nj? ?nd h? m?st h?v? k?ll?d b?rb N2.

okay, I believe Rynam, Miracle and TheGoddam.

The Likely possibility of a ninja does not free crab of suspicion completely. All we know there is ? probably a ninja and he must have killed burb N2"

I still wonder why crab visited swamped on N1. So my vote stays for now. And let's hope there aren't anymore Town Roleclaims today. Already enough people with targets on their backs.

Miracle

I still wonder why crab visited swamped on N1. So my vote stays for now. And let's hope there aren't anymore Town Roleclaims today. Already enough people with targets on their backs.

As long as we can correctly deduce Scum during the Day and only one death happening per night, then we should be fine.

roytheone

Do you want to try and tell a small fib?

Hey guys, it is time for me to role claim!

I am Severus snape, I am a miller, can spy on the scum and brew potions to cure poison or to investigate someone!

Now, that is of course a complete lie, so lets see if the wording on my hand actually means something or not.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, let me put it this way. There is a specific reason it would be bad for me to role-claim. I'm not going to say why, because then mafia know what to do and what not to do. What I will say is this: I have very carefully alluded to my role in enough ways a particularly observant person can make a good judgement as to an important part of it. If you reread my posts in this day carefully, you'll notice I'm actually really glad under suspiscion, and also that I know who someone is. That should be enough.

Hey guys, it is time for me to role claim!

I am Severus snape, I am a miller, can spy on the scum and brew potions to cure poison or to investigate someone!

Now, that is of course a complete lie, so lets see if the wording on my hand actually means something or not.

Bad royroy!!

BAD!!

That was a joke guys

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Don't forget Blarg and Burb got switched around. So someone was trying to steal something from snape and not from our insane headmaster.

That's true, I forgot that one.

Miracle

Well, I'm off to bed now. I think we have made progress. :D

tumblr_inline_nxgo34TEt01t94ymz_500.gif

What a touching reunion—

YQ534Ko.gif

Anyway, enough banter/fluff posts from me; it's full corporate business time.

Now that the two Switchers have apparently revealed themselves (not exactly how I wanted this to go down, but I'll have to make the most of this, I guess), let's start this off with a bit of strategy.

Firstly, in your mind's eye, shelve the rest of the players for now.

You two, Miracle and TheGoddamn, I want you to consider forming a power trio with me, a triumvirate; the three of us, together.

Two Switchers and an Investigator, out in the open. We are in the most danger. But together, we are the most dangerous. If we work together, we can systematically win this for Hogwarts. The high possibility of other unannounced Town power-Roles aside; realize that you two may essentially become my very own Horcruxes, in a sense.

I wish that I was shouting this plan out to a still-anonymous player void in the hope that the Switchers could have discretely chosen to play along, allowing the possibility of the Death Eaters to be fully confused as to my recurring survival, but, your dual Role-claims kinda burnt my candle at both ends *business hands*

But, it is of little to no consequence anymore; what counts is that chance is in front of us. I say, that from now on, we do this The Thing-style. Sort of.

I propose that you two help me become the Town Tank.

E5wUVlT.jpg

During the Day, I will announce who my target will be the coming Night, and one of you two will switch me with someone; but, don't switch me with my announced target or one of our trio. You must switch me with anyone else you feel is expendable. Then, that Night, I will investigate the player I targeted, and once the following Day starts, I will announce the alignment of that Night's target to you all for rightful judgement.

You two run interference, I do the scouting. We repeat this cycle until I finish going down the list, or we die trying.

We're going to be the D-A team, blasting in through the front and drawing aggro while the rest, D-B team, sidewinds and continues hunting down the Horcruxes, if they can.

We do this for Swamped,

for Rats,

for Burb-

This will be our DUMBLEDORE'S ARMY

"V" may be dead, but the power vacuum remains, roaring and empty

Right now, with your confirmed cooperation and, then, at the very least, I will have 2 more shots to investigate and deliver an announcement; for, as long you two remain a threat to them by accepting to safeguard me, the Death Eaters will take at least two more Nights to kill the both of you before they can get to me, if they fully commit to killing this trio of ours.

There is one more thing that I need to tell you that I've intentionally withheld until now: I am also a Doctor (not a Poison Doctor though, sorry Sawneeks ;_;). Every Night, I have the choice to either cast my investigation spell, LEGEREMENS, or my protection spell, PROTEGO, on a target of my choice; it is however, one-at-a-time, it's either or. And no, I don't have an Override ability.

So, between the three of us, we are:

• 1 Hybrid Investigator/Doctor
  • 1 Switcher
  • 1 Switcher
For now, whilst Daylight's burning, I say we devote a little time to considering how we can use these powers in the most efficient way to extend our trio's Mission Time as much as possible.

The primary GOAL of every Night is that I gather an investigation result for us all to work on during the following Day; however, I can't investigate someone if I protect someone.

The conundrum of this plan is, how can we ensure that I achieve my Nightly GOAL alive and unscathed, whilst simultaneously ensuring that the three of us stay alive, and all for as long as possible?

I'm just throwing this horrific junk-scrap filth of a plan out there for us to mull over; it's only in its infancy, but I truly think we can make it work somehow. Throw it around. I know there are a lot of other variables to consider, such as Poisoning, Roleblockers, etc., but we can fold them and the issues they raise in gradually as/if we discuss this further. There are still days to this Day.

I'm going to sleep now; and yes, I know that I haven't analyzed, confirmed and/or corroborated either of your Role-claims and the others' yet myself, but that post is coming, I assure you, and is entirely beside the opportunity in this proposition of mine.

Think; together, we can become the weapon to surpass Night Kills

...a matter of hours, more to come

In the meantime, that^

roytheone

Alright, haven't seen any kind of effect yet of my lie, so I will assume the mark on my hand doesn't do anything....for now. I wouldn't be surprised if it does have some effect later in the game, but we can only speculate about that right now and that will get us nowhere.

Anyway, looking at what happened this night, I agree that option C is the most likely. The thing that does confuse me in this option is what the goal was of the scum switch. I doubt town has the ability to switch two times during a night, so the second switch is probably scum aligned. So they targeted Crab and ???. I really think it would help us A LOT if the second switch target comes forward so that we can try to figure out what the plan was of scum during this night. Of course, there is always the possibility that scum, knowing they would probably not be able to kill Blarg tonight, switched one of their own with crab so that if the scum was to be investigated, the cop would get crabs alignment instead, fake clearing the scum. And vice versa, if Crab would get investigated, the cop would wrongly get the scums alignment without knowing it, framing Crab. In this case, the second switch target (being a scum) would of course not come forward and just stay hidden to put suspicion on Crab. This is a possibility.

Also, about the horcrux: The existence of a thief and the ability to destroy them makes me think that there is more to them than only a link to Mister no name. Destroying them all would probably have done something to V, true, but I find it unlikely that Salva and Nin put such a pretty big and complicated mechanic in the game, complete with roles and special commands, and then make it so that it can become completely meaningless with the lynch of a single person. I think they still have a role to play in this game.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Blarg's plan is exactly right. The only thing I'd suggest is that Blarg doesn't name his investigate target - it does introduce the slight risk of his target being switched, but otherwise mafia will just kill whichever person Blarg names so that the investigation is useless. Given we have two switchers, it should take at least three nights before mafia gets to Blarg, and hopefully Rynam can stay on the switchers to even find an extra scum there.

Gorlak

Banned
Bl?rg ?nd th? sw?tch?rs sh??ld c??p?r?t?. Bl?rg c??ld ch??s? t? ?nv?st?g?t? t?d?y, ?n? sw?tch?r d??s. Th?n ?t’s t?m? f?r m?nd g?m?s w?ll h? ?nv?st?g?t? ?g??n? ?r pr?t?ct th? l?st?ng sw?tch?r? N? k?ll n?ght w??ld b? gr??t ?s w?ll, ?v?n w?th??t th? c?nf?rm?t??n ?f ?n?th?r r?l?. B?t w? h?v? t? k??p ?n m?nd, ?f cr?b ?s t?ll?ng th? tr?th th?r? ?s ? sc?m sw?tch?r ?nd pr?t?ct??n ?s ?bs?l?t?.
W? sh??ld l??k ?nt? th?s ?s w?ll, why w??ld cr?b b? sw?tch?d ?nd w?th wh?m?

cr?b v?s?t?d sw?mp?d N1 ?nd cl??m?d b??ng sw?tch?d N2, w? c?n’t v?r?fy N2 ?nl?ss s?m?b?dy r?v??ls h? w?s sw?tch?d. Th? n?nj? m?k?s s?ns?, b?t th?r? ?r? str?ngs ?tt?ch?d. ?n MGS s?m?b?dy ??m?d f?r th? d??d p?rs?n ?nd w?s s??n. H? w?s th? k?ll?r. ?r C?pyc?t wh?ch?v?r y?? b?l??v?d. ?n ? g?m? ?f 28 p??pl?, sc?m ?nd y?? ch?s? th? s?m? p?rs?n ?t N1? ?nl?k?ly.
? d?n’t w?nt y?? t? r?v??l, ?nl?ss y?? d??m ?t ?bs?l?t?ly n?c?ss?ry. Th?r? w?r? ?n??gh cl??ms f?r ?n? d?y ?nd ? h?v? th? f??l?ng w? w?ll g?t t? ? s?l?t??n ?s w? d?d w?th Fr?d & G??rg?.

B?rb ?nd Bl?rg g?t sw?tch?d. W?tch?d Bl?rg -> B?rb. B?rb d??d, n?b?dy s??n -> N?nj??
C??ld th? sc?m sw?tch?r b? ?nv?s?bl?? ?ll?w?ng ?nv?s?bl? sw?tch-k?lls? ?s ?n sw?tch Bl?rg w?th cr?b, k?ll cr?b -> B?rb ?s d??d b?c??s? ?f Fr?d & G??rg?.

R?y w?s th?r? ?nyth?ng ?ls? t?n?ght? “Y?? m?st n?t t?ll l??s” w?s wh?t H?rry h?d t? wr?t? ?nt? h?s h?nd wh?n ?mbr?dg? w?s ?n H?gw?rts. M?ny ?th?r st?d?nts w?r? p?n?sh?d th?s w?y. N?w ?s t? h?r ?l?gnm?nt, wh?l? sh? w?s ?n ch?rg? ?f H?gw?rts ? r??lly d??bt sh? ?s ?l?gn?d w?th th?m. Sh? ?nd?r?ctly s?pp?rt?d th? D??th ??t?rs? W?rk?d f?r th? M?n?stry ?f M?g?c, ?v?n wh?n ?t w?s t?k?n ?v?r by “V”. Pr?b?bly sc?m? M?yb? n??tr?l?

roytheone

Roy was there anything else tonight?

No, just got notified I got punished! (punished in red) and that the words "I MUST NOT TELL LIES!" appeared on my hand. That is it. If it turns out that is literally all it does, I wouldn't be surprised if Umbridge is a neutral with the same type of win condition like Sorian in NX, aka have every living player in the game branded. If it is a scum power, I would expect we will see some other effect of it soon, just being able to put words on someone's hand alone doesn't strike me as a useful power for scum.

Gorlak

Banned
No, just got notified I got punished! (punished in red) and that the words "I MUST NOT TELL LIES!" appeared on my hand. That is it. If it turns out that is literally all it does, I wouldn't be surprised if Umbridge is a neutral with the same type of win condition like Sorian in NX, aka have every living player in the game branded. If it is a scum power, I would expect we will see some other effect of it soon, just being able to put words on someone's hand alone doesn't strike me as a useful power for scum.

Y?? h?v? n? r?str?ct??n ?n y??r p?st?ng b?h?v???r wh?ts??v?r”?” Cl??rly y?? c??ldn't t?ll m? ?f th?t ?s th? c?s?”?” B?c??s? th? s?nt?nc? ?mpl??s y?? l??d, m?yb? y?? w?r? ?nt? s?m?th?ng ?nd n?w y?? c?n't m?nt??n ?t ?nym?r?”?”

?h y??h t?t?lly ?nr?l?t?d, r?y ?f y?? ?v?r f??l l?k? s?y?ng y?s ?nd y?? c?n't w?ll ?hm, h?y m?yb? y?? f??l l?k? y?? w?nt t? p?st ? p?ct?r? ?f ? d??d sp?d?r”?” ? l?k? t? p?st p?cs ?f d??d sp?d?rs ?ll th? t?m?. ?t's gr??t.

roytheone

Y?? h?v? n? r?str?ct??n ?n y??r p?st?ng b?h?v???r wh?ts??v?r”?” Cl??rly y?? c??ldn't t?ll m? ?f th?t ?s th? c?s?”?” B?c??s? th? s?nt?nc? ?mpl??s y?? l??d, m?yb? y?? w?r? ?nt? s?m?th?ng ?nd n?w y?? c?n't m?nt??n ?t ?nym?r?”?”

?h y??h t?t?lly ?nr?l?t?d, r?y ?f y?? ?v?r f??l l?k? s?y?ng y?s ?nd y?? c?n't w?ll ?hm, h?y m?yb? y?? f??l l?k? y?? w?nt t? p?st ? p?ct?r? ?f ? d??d sp?d?r”?” ? l?k? t? p?st p?cs ?f d??d sp?d?rs ?ll th? t?m?. ?t's gr??t.

Nope, I have no restrictions at all, as far as I know there aren't any side effects of me getting branded. I can say yes, no, dancing teddy bears on a flying magic keyboard, El topo, no problem. There was nothing more in the message than what I already told you.

But just because you are right that dead spiders are great:

Spider%20Worm%20Parasite.jpg

I was right on the money with my posts! Yay! Knowing that Miracle and TheGoddamn are the switchers, everything is lining up with theory C for me. A few questions that need to be addressed in general:

1.) Why did Crab visit Swamped D1?

2.) Who was Crab switched with D2?

If Crab is telling the truth, this means there is a Death Eater switcher, WHICH SUCKS.

I'm not really pleased today in the long run as many town roles were claimed, effectively putting targets on the back of their heads. Dumbledore is a doctor too? Holy moly, I hope your plan works out Blarg because it can go wrong very quickly. Also, I hope I'm not one of the expendable guys you are thinking of. :(

The Death Eaters must be laughing at us, broadcasting our plans to everyone.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not answering 1. unless you're all set on lynching me. For 2, it could be Arkos, TheWorthyEdge, or Enker, none of whom have posted yet today; Burbeting or Blargonaut because one is dead and the other might not be able to determine separate switches; or it could have been a switch with a mafia player they want to hide. Hopefully we can at least rule out the TheWorthyEdge and Enker fairly soon, and get a replacement for Arkos because I don't think we're getting prpgress on that front.

Enker

I'm not answering 1. unless you're all set on lynching me. For 2, it could be Arkos, TheWorthyEdge, or Enker, none of whom have posted yet today; Burbeting or Blargonaut because one is dead and the other might not be able to determine separate switches; or it could have been a switch with a mafia player they want to hide. Hopefully we can at least rule out the TheWorthyEdge and Enker fairly soon, and get a replacement for Arkos because I don't think we're getting prpgress on that front.

I posted that I wasn’t switched N1 or N2. Other than that, trying to wrap my head around the switching thing.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I posted that I wasn’t switched N1 or N2. Other than that, trying to wrap my head around the switching thing.

My apologies, I missed you. Could have been WorthyEdge, Arkos, Burb, Blarg, or someone who is mafia, then.

roytheone

My apologies, I missed you. Could have been WorthyEdge, Arkos, Burb, Blarg, or someone who is mafia, then.

If we assume that the Goddamn/miracle are speaking the truth (which is a pretty safe assumption), if you got switched with Burb, how would that work with the kill?

Scum targets blarg----->moves to burb------> moves to you
Scum targets you------>moves to burb-------> moves to blarg
Scum targets burb--------> moves to you or blarg based on which of the commands has the highest priority.

Since Burb got killed, doesn't that make this impossible? Or did I get something wrong? One switch command can already be complicated, let alone two of them..........

Kalor

Maybe I misinterpreted it but I feel like Blarg suggested that he was switched but maybe it was an innocuous line. It'd still be better to hear it directly from him so that we can rule him out as a potential target.

Kawl_USC

Just a thought, with Snape showing a choice of what to do as now Blarg claiming to have two very viable choices (investigate or protect) we should be wary of thinking we have scums abilities pinned down exactly. It seems very possible one or several scum are faced with equally lucrative choices when it comes to their night actions.

Sorry for the continued low activity. Driving most of today and have my brothers football game I must attend. Will try to spend time tomorrow morning and provide deeper thoughts and reads. For now, if people think they believe the brother switchers, mafia switcher, ninja theory we should then get about determining our top scum for today then.

Also, Blarg feel free to put forth whatever alliance you want, but honestly having you in charge of information for the town is a headache I don't really feel like dealing with. The continued avoidance of a simple question to alleviate a lot of confusion doesn't lend any credence to you as towns champion. So do what you like, but I for one hope we have other topics to discuss every day that don't involve stroking your ego to get you to play the damn game.

Well this is good and all, but we still don't have a viable lynch target for today. I'm going to start looking at the inactives that are just coasting by.

My first question wasn't an attempt to make you vulnerable, even though it may seem I was trying to find out your role (I wasn't). I won't post again until there is (God forbid) another role claim, TWE and Arkos speak up if they were switched or not, and/or Blarg says even more important stuff.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If we assume that the Goddamn/miracle are speaking the truth (which is a pretty safe assumption), if you got switched with Burb, how would that work with the kill?

Scum targets blarg----->moves to burb------> moves to you
Scum targets you------>moves to burb-------> moves to blarg
Scum targets burb--------> moves to you or blarg based on which of the commands has the highest priority.

Since Burb got killed, doesn't that make this impossible? Or did I get something wrong? One switch command can already be complicated, let alone two of them..........

I don't know. I don't know multiple switchers will be resolved. I think you're right, though, so that rules out Burb. So our list gets even smaller: TheWorthyEdge, Arkos, Blargonaut getting switched twice (this one does work, I think), or hiding mafia.

Enker

I believe Blarg is Dumbledore, but why try and destroy a Horcrux last night when we killed the object of said Horcruxes yesterday? Particularly when you are also allegedly a cop and doctor. The only real excuse would be we win if they all disappear and there’s only 2 or 3 of them.

As for the “wardrobe” flavor text, assuming that was the scum switcher there is a famous book scene involving wardrobes sending Death Eaters from Point A to B, so I have no reason to doubt that was a true PM.

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
Finally settled down enough today for me to catch up.

HOLY CRAP! What just occurred was really brutal to read through. Luckily, things seem to have settled down now. It sucks that we had to have so many town prs role claim,but I do think that we can now use those role to our advantage.

I am still confused as to who we should Lynch, as well as crab's claim of being switched by another switcher. If he was switched, there should be one more person who was also switched with him, but we haven't had anyone else claim being switched as well. So the only options are that either blarg or burb were switched twice(probably blag if we had to chose one of those two), or someone who hasn't spoken up was switched and we have to wait for them to chime in.

Also,If it's possible I still want to know why crab visited swapped on the night she died. If it can give us more info, that would probably help us. That being said if crab's theoy of a ninja existing is true, then that would definitely explain why Rynam only saw crab and theGD on nights 1&2 respectively. The scum team would probably have the ninja make the kills for them to prevent getting caught.

TheExodu5

Banned
How does a Ninja work? It can't be an additional kill, since only 1 person has died each night. Does it just imply does scum can make undetected kills until the ninja is dead/lynched?

Rynam

As for the “wardrobe” flavor text, assuming that was the scum switcher there is a famous book scene involving wardrobes sending Death Eaters from Point A to B, so I have no reason to doubt that was a true PM.

The Weasleys also pushed Montaque into the Vanishing Cabinet in the books, so it's not entirely death eater stuff.

I would like Christina Mackenzie, Flame_ac, Arkos, and Worthy to say if they were switched N1 or not. Flame_ac hasn't said much this day phase other than the very beginning of it. Arkos and Worthy just haven't posted at all this day phase. CM hasn't given a strict answer to if he was switched N1.

I would like Christina Mackenzie, Flame_ac, Arkos, and Worthy to say if they were switched N1 or not. Flame_ac hasn't said much this day phase other than the very beginning of it. Arkos and Worthy just haven't posted at all this day phase. CM hasn't given a strict answer to if he was switched N1.

Gonna echo this. In light of the whole switcher business a bunch of players have entirely faded into the background. Now given- Americans have holidays, so this wasn't entirely unexpected, but still.

Oh yeah btw, if anyone had not seen this in the main thread

Ok, I need a replacement for Arkos. Do we still have replacements or can we have Splinter play in two games?

nin1000

Banned
Suddenly a wild daily prophet appeared
Good evening my lovely readers, last night I received a quite outrageous letter from our favorite little wizard.

200.gif

I won't bother you with the filthy details but it wasn't really nice to say the least. But I know my precios s readers won't let me get away with just that and trust me I will do anything for you.

So I went to Hogwarts to confront our very own chosen one to see how he is doing myself.

Well... unfortunately he wasn't so pleased to see me... My photographer managed to take one picture of him before we've been chased out of the castle.

200.gif

On our way out a wizarding advocate stopped us and threatened us with some legal actions and to be honest my salary in these dark days is way to small to get me through a proper law suit... I am now forced to print a counter statement to my latest article.

Well most of the things said in the article are the truth but this one tiny detail might have arisen from my Quick-Quotes Quill...

So, goddammit I'll admit it. It's right... I can confirm that Harry Potter does not have a problem with prohibited substances!

Don't worry now my dearest readership. I know that there is a lot more going on in that castle and it's just waiting for me to reveal to the world!

Kalor

I had forgotten about the Daily Prophet in the mess of events that have occurred since the last one. I don't think that there is as much information that we can read into in this one, nothing sticks out as a message.

I still think that the reporter gets some night action to find out some limited piece of information as I don't know if we would have a purely flavour role.

How confident are we that there's a ninja? Honestly I'm sort of inclined to just assume that the simplest explanation is the truth, and that Crab killed Swamped. I'll admit though that I still need to go over all of his posts like he's asked, which is difficult because I won't have access to my computer until this evening.

Also, It's a bit of a stretch but could today's Daily Prophet have something to do with Roy's hand message? It sounds like both he and our reporter got in trouble for lying.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
How confident are we that there's a ninja? Honestly I'm sort of inclined to just assume that the simplest explanation is the truth, and that Crab killed Swamped. I'll admit though that I still need to go over all of his posts like he's asked, which is difficult because I won't have access to my computer until this evening.

Also, It's a bit of a stretch but could today's Daily Prophet have something to do with Roy's hand message? It sounds like both he and our reporter got in trouble for lying.

If there's no ninja, who killed Burb?

TheExodu5

Banned

I'm all for simple solutions...Occam's razor and all.

But one question gets raised if we go with the simple solution: why did Rynam not see the killer on N2?

Top Bottom