• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGA World Premiere Details Coming Tomorrow

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Domino Theory said:
So we're going to find out about all the "world premieres" before the show actually airs? What in the fuck is the point? I'm assuming they'll just air the same teaser they're putting up on the web.
Actually most of those we haven't seen teasers for. For the three we have, Black Lotus will have actual gameplay footage instead of the CG they showed and both Tron and Spec Ops will have vastly extended teasers before the 10 second clips. The Star Wars teaser was sadly just composed of different Star Wars games than the one shown.

We have been figuring out what all the games are, but a title doesn't do that much as a whole.

But yeah, don't worry, they're not stupid enough to show all their games beforehand. :lol

Unfortunately it does mean I have to watch the VGAs where everything outside of the teasers is horribly embarrassing :/

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Nirolak said:
Unfortunately it does mean I have to watch the VGAs where everything outside of the teasers is horribly embarrassing :/
No, they just upload these videos like two hours after the awards air PST.

Kibbles

Nirolak said:
Actually most of those we haven't seen teasers for. For the three we have, Black Lotus will have actual gameplay footage instead of the CG they showed and both Tron and Spec Ops will have vastly extended teasers before the 10 second clips. The Star Wars teaser was sadly just composed of different Star Wars games than the one shown.

We have been figuring out what all the games are, but a title doesn't do that much as a whole.

But yeah, don't worry, they're not stupid enough to show all their games beforehand. :lol

Most of the teasers are embarrassing too. I expect 2/3 of them to be CG.

[Nintex]

Nirolak said:
The Star Wars teaser was sadly just composed of different Star Wars games than the one shown.
They're probably looting the corpse of Factor 5 to find material for a trailer as we speak.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
The only thing they've managed to keep under wraps well and the one I'm super hyped for and will put myself through the VGAs is the premiere footage of Halo: Reach.

Absolutely cannot wait to see that.

Domino Theory said:
The only thing they've managed to keep under wraps well and the one I'm super hyped for and will put myself through the VGAs is the premiere footage of Halo: Reach.

shockandawe

segarr

Domino Theory said:

Reach and Dead Space 2 alone and it would almost be worth sitting through a couple hours of awkward D list celebrities attending a video game awards show. Almost.

FrankT

SolidSnakex said:

More Crackdown? All for it. That small little slice there I'm liking a lot.

Anyhow looks like we can add MoH for EA and I'm sure they will be debuting DS2 and maybe even ME2. Also have THQ and WB debuts.

List;

MGS: Halo Reach, Crackdown 2
Activision: Black Lotus
Ubisoft: PoP The Forgotten Sands
Disney: Tron
2K: Spec Ops
LucasArts Entertainment: Next "Star Wars"
EA: Medal of Honor

More PR:

Blockbuster Global Premieres of Medal of Honor, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, and Crackdown 2 Added to Roster of Debuts at Spike TV's 'Video Game Awards 2009'
Trio of Premieres Join Halo: Reach, TRON And The Next Star Wars Game As Unveilings Announced Thus Far

Two-Hour Worldwide Event Premieres LIVE On Saturday, December 12 At 8:00 PM ET

Download image NEW YORK, Dec. 2 /PRNewswire/ -- The biggest night of the year for the video game industry just got bigger! Today Spike TV confirmed that three highly-anticipated new games - Electronic Arts' Medal of Honor, Ubisoft's Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, and Microsoft's Crackdown 2 - will premiere LIVE at Spike TV's "Video Game Awards 2009," Saturday, December 12 at 8:00 PM ET.

(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20060322/NYW096LOGO )

The VGAs - which recognize the best games of the year and preview the most anticipated titles of the future - will feature the first-ever look at EA's reboot of Medal of Honor with a world-premiere trailer. For the first time in the franchise's storied 10-year-history, Medal of Honor is leaving the World War II theater and putting players in war-torn Afghanistan. The game introduces the Tier 1 Operator, a relatively unknown entity directly under the National Command Authority who takes on missions no one else in the world can handle.

Ubisoft's Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands(TM) is the latest installment in the critically-acclaimed franchise and marks the return to the Prince of Persia® Sands of Time storyline. Scheduled for release in May 2010, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands(TM) will feature many of the fan-favorite elements from the original series, as well as new gameplay innovations that gamers have come to expect from the Prince of Persia brand.

Crackdown 2 is the sequel to one of the most innovative releases in recent memory. Ten years have passed since the Agency first eliminated the gangs in Pacific City. Now, this new Xbox 360 exclusive puts you back into an Agent's shoes to clean up and eliminate all threats to the City. Crackdown is already known for its unique use of cell-shaded graphics and vertigo-inducing verticality; now it will redefine multiplayer gaming with up to 16-player PVP, delivering the most intense action in a huge world.

These three world premieres join a growing list of previously announced VGA exclusives including Halo: Reach, TRON and the next Star Wars game from LucasArts. Additional world premieres will be announced in the days to come, with even more surprises set to be unveiled during the LIVE broadcast.

The official sponsors of Spike TV's 2009 "Video Game Awards" are Burger King, Mountain Dew, Verizon Wireless, GameStop, Energizer and U.S. Army.

Albie Hecht, Oscar®-nominated producer and Casey Patterson, senior vice president, event production & talent development for Spike TV will serve as executive producers of Spike TV's 2009 "Video Game Awards." Beth McCarthy will direct. Greg Sills is supervising producer.

Spike TV is available in 98.6 million homes and is a division of MTV Networks. A unit of Viacom ( VIA, VIA.B), MTV Networks is one of the world's leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. Spike TV's Internet address is www.spike.com and for up-to-the-minute and archival press information and photographs, visit Spike TV's press site at http://www.spike.com/press.

SOURCE Spike TV

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...pike-tvs-video-game-awards-2009-78333257.html

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Nirolak said:
But we've already seen around 30 minutes of Crackdown 2 gameplay footage from TGS :/

Updating the OP.

So? It's motherfucking Crackdown. <3

And I might get back into the Medal of Honor franchise with this latest installment since DICE is making the MP for it.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I do hope something SCE related is revealed/trailered there. No presence there is needed, but it'd be nice.

+1 to the 2 minute Halo Trailer. Much better than the 30 second spots of last year.

FrankT

geoffkeighley Just reviewing an edit of our Indie Games special on Spike. Cool first look at Twisted Pixel's next game, Comic Jumper!

geoffkeighley Looks like @deadspace is starting to come to life.

Dead Space is pretty much 100% lock at this point.

SCE will likely have something in reference to this Q/A;

@geoffkeighley i asked you this 1000th time and i ask you again :) will there be some SONY announcements at VGA

@Kain81 Nothing to share yet on that front. Stay tuned!

geoffkeighley Another VGA premiere being announced tonight during The Ultimate Finale on Spike. Kimbo Slice fights!

The Ultimate Fighter Finale just confirmed that one of the premieres will be UFC Undisputed 2010. Not exactly a surprising one though.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Okay, so when they first announced this we found out who seven of the publishers were going to be and that they were going to have at least 11 games at the show. Currently, if we include Dead Space 2 due to Keighley's rather obvious hint, we have 10 games and only Warner is missing. Warner also accidentally sent out their 2010 schedule, so it seems we know what they're making as well.

So unless they have more than 11 games for the show, it seems this might be the final list:

2K:
1.) Spec Ops

Activision:
2.) Black Lotus

Disney Interactive Studios:
3.) Tron

Electronic Arts:
4.) Dead Space 2
5.) Medal of Honor

LucasArts Entertainment:
6.) New Star Wars Game

Microsoft Game Studios:
7.) Halo Reach
8.) Crackdown 2

THQ:
9.) UFC Undisputed 2010

Ubisoft:
10.) Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

Warner Bros. Interactive:
11.) F.E.A.R. 3 or LotR RPG 360/PS3

Also updated the OP.

Edit:

It seems there are more than 11 games coming. *points to next post*

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Is Spec Ops supposed to be 2k boston's new game? Or is it a reboot of the darling ps1 series :lol

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
geoffmk said:
You guys are fast. Definitely more than 11 games to show.
Well then, it seems this show will be quite packed. o_O

SolidSnakex said:
Is this the LoTR RPG that's rumored to be made by Snowblind?
I believe so. War of the North I think...

Y2Kev said:
Is Spec Ops supposed to be 2k boston's new game? Or is it a reboot of the darling ps1 series :lol
Well, 2K Boston's game was originally rumored to be X-Com, but it seems that's actually being made by 2K Australia:

superannuation said:
Lead Character Artist

Jan 2007 – April 2008 2K Games Canberra, Australia…
? X-Com (Xbox 360, PC Game)
http://www.monsterlevel.com/resume/Shamus_Baker_Resume.pdf
Unless 2K Boston is doing another collaboration with them (which would make sense since at one point they were the same studio) it's quite possible.

But yes, it's a reboot of the horrendous PS1 series. :lol

Spoo

geoffmk said:
You guys are fast. Definitely more than 11 games to show.

Is one of them Duke Nukem Forever? Scott Miller of 3DR started up that Duke Nukem fanpage on Facebook and dropped a hint about a trailer and possible Duke-revivals... :D

Cesar said:
Is there any hint that they're working on SF5?

Sony Bend has been hiring programmers for a PS3 game and there was a company that had SF5 for the PS3 listed as a game that they'd done mocap work on.

shinshero

SolidSnakex said:
Sony Bend has been hiring programmers for a PS3 game and there was a site that listed mocap work being done on SF5 for the PS3.

2010 or 2011 release?

If its 2010, then I guess we can expect an announcement early in the year (a la Uncharted 2 style) and if its 2011, then E3 surprise reveal.

EktorPR

The only game I care to know about from EA is Criterion's next. It's been two years since Burnout Paradise (and no, the DLC island doesn't count). :(

EktorPR said:
The only game I care to know about from EA is Criterion's next. It's been two years since Burnout Paradise (and no, the DLC island doesn't count). :(

We knot it's Need for Speed, I think John Davison mentioned it's codename is Revolution, and it's coming out next year. So EA migth go in with the big reboot duo of Need for Speed and Medal of Honor, alongside with Dead Space 2.

Vinterbird said:
Not really, from whats been said about the Criterion is that it's the true reboot and a return to from for the series.

So Need for Speed has and will keep split between four different games?

Wii - Need for Speed Nitro (Arcadey racer)
PC - Need for Speed World Online(?) (Racing MMO)
HD Consoles and PSP - Need for Speed Shift (Realistic Sim racing)
HD Consoles and PSP - Criterions Need for Speed

Is that Right?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Nirolak said:
2K:
1.) Spec Ops

Activision:
2.) Black Lotus

3.) Tron

Electronic Arts:
4.) Dead Space 2
5.) Medal of Honor

LucasArts Entertainment:
6.) New Star Wars Game

Microsoft Game Studios:
7.) Halo Reach
8.) Crackdown 2

THQ:
9.) UFC Undisputed 2010

Ubisoft:

Also updated the OP.

That's a fairly impressive list.

Oyashiro

Can't say I'm too impressed with the list so far. But hey, who cares? DEAD SPACE 2. That's all that needs to be shown.

Dedication Through Light said:
So Need for Speed has and will keep split between four different games?

Wii - Need for Speed Nitro (Arcadey racer)
PC - Need for Speed World Online(?) (Racing MMO)
HD Consoles and PSP - Need for Speed Shift (Realistic Sim racing)
HD Consoles and PSP - Criterions Need for Speed

Is that Right?

More than likely, but you can probably take Nitro off that list.

squicken

The new PR schedule:

3 years from release: Game Informer Cover

18 months to release: VGA CG Trailer

6 months to release: GTTV episode of spoilers and soft ball questions

2 weeks from release: IGN Editor's Choice 9.x

Nirolak said:
Okay, so when they first announced this we found out who seven of the publishers were going to be and that they were going to have at least 11 games at the show. Currently, if we include Dead Space 2 due to Keighley's rather obvious hint, we have 10 games and only Warner is missing. Warner also accidentally sent out their 2010 schedule, so it seems we know what they're making as well.

So unless they have more than 11 games for the show, it seems this might be the final list:

2K:
1.) Spec Ops

Activision:
2.) Black Lotus

3.) Tron

Electronic Arts:
4.) Dead Space 2
5.) Medal of Honor

LucasArts Entertainment:
6.) New Star Wars Game

Microsoft Game Studios:
7.) Halo Reach
8.) Crackdown 2

THQ:
9.) UFC Undisputed 2010

Ubisoft:

Also updated the OP.

Pretty lackluster list so far. I hope that if there are some surprises left to the show, that they are for awesome big budget and well anticipated titles.

With the slew of titles Sony are developing internally, I'm having a hard time thinking that they don't have ANYTHING to show from the following developers working with/under them:

Eat Sleep Play
Evolution Studios
Insomniac Games
Studio London
Studio Cambridge (I've been waiting on this one for AGES).
Studio Liverpool
Bend Studio
Lightbox Interactive
Studio Japan (the least likely, IMO).

Maybe EA have Mirrors Edge 2 media to show too, and I reckon Fallout: New Vegas might have a teaser trailer.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
squicken said:
The new PR schedule:

3 years from release: Game Informer Cover

18 months to release: VGA CG Trailer

6 months to release: GTTV episode of spoilers and soft ball questions

2 weeks from release: IGN Editor's Choice 9.x
:lol

Don't forget the twitter posts! Find out what geoff knows exclusively about the opening to #yourgame!

Kafel

Banned
cuyahoga said:
Rumor is that Snowblind is working on this one.

egqu5x.jpg

Top Bottom