• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

the closest thing we'll get to medaka box part 2 is launching in jump square

1449075529868pmsri.jpg

*selfavatarquote*

cntr

Banned
Golden Kamuy was pretty good. Glad the translators know how to spell Ainu.

Boku no Hero Academia 67-69Uh Oh love for Deku by Gravity girl (Uraraka).... now the shipping wars will begin (author should've avoided this even though it is small... you feed them)
Horikoshi's been very straight-forward with shipping Deku/Uraraka. Any wars are going to be within the fandom's imagination only, and would exist anyway.

Mendrox

New To Love-Ru Spoilers have NON mirrored pussy in them. Also dat Yui.

Nemesis doesn't have to do shit cause Rito does everything himself again! Nice.

Jump Issue 1 Rankings
One Piece (Cover, Lead CP)
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Koro-sensei Quest! (Special Chapter)
Hinomaru ZUumou
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo (CP)
Boku no Hero Academia
Shokugeki no Souma
Ayakashi Ishoku Henitai Garo (CP, One Shot)
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Haikyuu!!
Samon-kun wa Summoner
Buddy Strike
Black Clover
Toriko
Gintama
Sesuji wo Pin! to
Mononofu
Isobe Isobee Monogatari (CP)
Nisekoi
Bleach

World Trigger (Absent)

Monoofu not doing so hot it seems.

Arabesque

RIP Nisekoi

Y-San's voodoo curses is nothing to sneeze at.

Though given the manga is heading to an ending any ways, it doesn't really matter.

Bleach's ranking is business as usual. It spent 2015 being dead last for so long, it makes me wonder if they will move it next year finally.

Y-San's voodoo curses is nothing to sneeze at.

Though given the manga is heading to an ending any ways, it doesn't really matter.

Bleach's ranking is business as usual. It spent 2015 being dead last for so long, it makes me wonder if they will move it next year finally.

Doesn't it still sell reall well in volume form? They're probably content to let it coast there

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Boku no Hero Academia 67-69

Uh Oh love for Deku by Gravity girl (Uraraka).... now the shipping wars will begin (author should've avoided this even though it is small... you feed them)

Mini Ball Head boy (Mineta) is still himself and other people seem to be passing the tests well enough

never the less he pass wth the addition of some character growth....

cool down chapter afterwards with those new enemies wanting to join up the Villain Alliance

that ending though for CH 68 lol crust as man

Well at least we got some info on what Crusty Face Palm is thinking
I've read like 15 chapters and it already seemed like Deku and Uraraka was a thing.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
If the author's gonna go hard, it's gonna be now when he's tying everything together before the end. I honestly liked the little wrap up of the point of each past life and how they led into each other.
I liked it too. I knew the previous life influenced the next one, but I didn't think about their regrets doing so too. Plus that call out on just why Fortuna and Lafalle were similar.

Jump Issue 1 Rankings
One Piece (Cover, Lead CP)
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Koro-sensei Quest! (Special Chapter)
Hinomaru ZUumou
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo (CP)
Boku no Hero Academia
Shokugeki no Souma
Ayakashi Ishoku Henitai Garo (CP, One Shot)
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Haikyuu!!
Samon-kun wa Summoner
Buddy Strike
Black Clover
Toriko
Gintama
Sesuji wo Pin! to
Mononofu
Isobe Isobee Monogatari (CP)
Nisekoi
Bleach

World Trigger (Absent)

Monoofu not doing so hot it seems.

noooooo not monoofu and DANCE

then again it looks like both series's ratings just collapsed compared to the issue before so hopefully this is an outlier than the trend

Fudanshi Koukou Seikatsu 1 - 3
CVUMWjWWcAEpi8D.png

Chp 1 was great the rest were decent, I did like him in the third one snapping the photos when the friends were arguing and also describing relationships between boys.

Will keep following, relatable.

noooooo not monoofu and DANCE

then again it looks like both series's ratings just collapsed compared to the issue before so hopefully this is an outlier than the trend
Yeah, this ToC is very strange. Mononofu has been getting color pages and I don't know why Straighten Up plummeted or why Samon Kun skyrocketed.

Arabesque

Doesn't it still sell reall well in volume form? They're probably content to let it coast there

Relatively speaking, it's still a big seller with nearly 500k per volume, but that's ignoring its losing its audience on a consistent rate for the past 5 years.

Maybe they are letting coast at the back end of the magazine until it ends, but they would've said something about it already like they did with World Trigger. Which is why I feel it's a matter of time before they just move it to a different magazine if Kubo won't end the manga anytime soon.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's also followed him over the course of like 4 lives, as a birth mark.

I thought his brother was always meant to be the other disciple/lord/terrorist dude.

What's the last thing you remember? I can maybe fill you in.

I thought Fortuna got killed and main guy woke up, but I probably need to start back at the beginning of his arc.

Yeah, this ToC is very strange. Mononofu has been getting color pages and I don't know why Straighten Up plummeted or why Samon Kun skyrocketed.

The TOC is an unreliable indicator because they change it around for random reasons pretty much all the time. Trends in where something is put in the magazine matter more than say "well nisekoi is in the back this issue."

Angry Grimace

Fudanshi Koukou Seikatsu 1 - 3
CVUMWjWWcAEpi8D.png

Chp 1 was great the rest were decent, I did like him in the third one snapping the photos when the friends were arguing and also describing relationships between boys.

Will keep following, relatable.

I'm having trouble reconciling that you read and buy all this yaoi stuff and are also a hardcore republican. One or both of these is a work.

Fire Brigade of Flames 10

So this guy is fully himself when he turned into a flame person.... he basically is like those firefighters but instead he also got deformed

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I thought Fortuna got killed and main guy woke up, but I probably need to start back at the beginning of his arc.
So Fortuna in his original life realized that Fuuta was going to die against Koko, which would end his plans to become the universe/observe all possibilities since he'd never reincarnate again. So he made up a plan to take over Fuuta's body once Fuuta got done observing his life, to kill Koko instead. It's kind of like how Flors possessed Fuuta for a day, but went away once he made the sphinx again/became satisfied. Unless Fuuta can find a way to regain his own body, his consciousness will disappear and only Fortuna will remain. That's why Fuuta's trying to talk Fortuna down.

Seven Seas licenses The Seven Princes of the Thousand Year Labyrinth

Seven Seas Entertainment is pleased to announce the acquisition of The Seven Princes of the Thousand Year Labyrinth, by author Aikawa Yu and artist Atori Haruno, an all-new gothic fantasy manga series about a group of young men struggling to survive in a mysterious labyrinth full of traps and secrets.

A young man, Ewan Juno, awakens to find himself imprisoned in an unknown place, surrounded by stone walls and seemingly endless corridors. Ewan learns that he is one of eight young men, all sent to this strange place--the Thousands Year Labyrinth. Each of them is a candidate to be the next emperor, but only one among them will have the power to choose whom it will be. As each man struggles to survive, Ewan must navigate the shifting landscape of the labyrinth and its multitude of traps, if he is ever to escape and learn the truth behind the labyrinth’s dark secrets.

I'm rather enjoying the series so pretty cool it got licensed.

Happy Sugar Life 1
.....the Yandere is strong with this one....really strong.
Target acquired.

Happy Sugar Life 1
Well then. The workplace dispute made me think the FeMC was more into forceful negotiation than forceful force, but then the last few pages happened. The premise is kinda similar to Mugen no Minamo ni which I read last week, minus the lead's sanity. Looking forward to seeing her add more happiness and sugar to her life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom