• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Psychonauts 2 Announced (Crowdfunding on Fig, PC/PS4/XB1, UE4, $3.3M goal--funded!)

dity

f94lOAZ.png

Backed as an Early Bird. I'm excited, it looks good.

B33

Banned
Has anyone received an email confirmation regarding their pledge?

I can see $1.00 was charged and removed from my credit card, but I haven't received an email confirmation.

so their shitty payment system just aint working for me. Went through checkout 3 times...man hope i don't get charged 3x, else I'll have to do a stop payment.

I can see $1.00 was charged and removed from my credit card, but I haven't received an email confirmation.

Same saw this after the 3rd try

JSoup

Banned

I got mine instantly, but you shouldn't be charged anything yet.

Mistle

Awesome! Wish they were doing a full on doco again, but I can totally understand why they wouldn't haha.. I just loved seeing the making of.

I know one of the rewards is a making of, but I imagine it's moreso a 1-2hr feature at most.

Gabe in the pitch vid was good

RK128

YEAR OF DREAMS BABY XD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fact this is even a THING is outstanding and, something of a dream game I have always wanted to see happen. Love the original after playing it on my PS2 and have always wanted a PS3/Vita remaster alongside a sequel to happen at some point. Now with this announcement, the sequel is going to be a thing :').

A lot of little points I love about this announcement:
-The Pitch video was very funny; you can tell everyone was on board this project right from the start
-Seeing the stack of 3D Platformers on Tim's Desk has me very happy; Rayman 3, Ratchet 2, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Vodu Vince, (I think...) Conker Live and Reloaded, (I think....) Jak 1 all are present when he talk about great 3D platformers. Has me hopeful that they will use them as inspiration for the title (as the original's level design was one of its very few flaws; it was to cramped at points)
-Jack Black might do a voice for the game; he is very funny, so looking forward to that XD!
-The concept of exploring all kinds of minds for missions really opens the doors for some great level concepts and designs; could work kinda like how A Crack in Time had the explore-able moons to explore (many optional minds to explore for some fun little platforming bits)

Very excited about this and the moment I get some money going to throw some at the screen XD!

dity

I just received one. Instead of being backer 2747, turns out I'm backer 2636.

B33

Banned
I got mine instantly, but you shouldn't be charged anything yet.

so their shitty payment system just aint working for me. Went through checkout 3 times...man hope i don't get charged 3x, else I'll have to do a stop payment.

Same saw this after the 3rd try

I just received one. Instead of being backer 2747, turns out I'm backer 2636.

I'm concerned I'm going to miss out on the Early Bird Basic Braining tier if it didn't go through.

I may try it once more.

I think the Stripe app charges the card and removes the charge as a way to verify payment method.

dity

I'm concerned I'm going to miss out on the Early Bird Basic Braining tier if it didn't go through.

I may try it once more.

You sure the email isn't being put into your spam folder or something?

Anyway, here's what the email will look like:

IISuv4y.png

Any of you actually put money in as an investment? Not snark or concern trolling, just wondering.

Why does Double-Fine have to crowd fund everything?

Because money does not grow on trees and because publishers won't fund P2 or trust TS to actually do shit on time and for budget. Trust me, if they didn't have to, they wouldn't (hopefully).

B33

Banned
You sure the email isn't being put into your spam folder or something?

Anyway, here's what the email will look like:

IISuv4y.png

Thanks for showing me.

I've been compulsively checking my inbox, including the spam folder. Nothing has been sent as far as I can tell.

Top Bottom