• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ACE COMBAT 7 (Bandai Namco, Project Aces, UE4) coming to Playstation 4 & PSVR

jett

D-Member
When they announced it I thought it was going to be exclusively PSVR and be some cheapo tech demo thingy, but now I can get hyped at the prospect a fully fledged AC game!

oimori

oh my.

OOOOOOHHHHH MMMMMYYYYYY

Erigu

Ace Combat at its finest. It means lossely related to reality, but imaginitively designed.
I'm pretty sure that's what they mean by "strange real", indeed. It's just a concept (explained here by Kanno).
I don't believe they ever gave their fictional world from the Ace Combat numbered games (and some spin-offs) a specific name. I'm not sure why Western players came to call it "strangereal", but the damage is done, it seems.

But yeah, based on the emblems glimpsed in the trailers, the new game appears to be set in that world anyway. Let's hope.

It's Strangereal, they said so on twitter.
See above.

Meneses

Day one :)

Now all I need is to have the PS2 games available on PS4 nu-classics and my Ace Combat thirst is quenched.

Please be more like ps2 era ACs, please be more like AC Zero, dammit I'm just happy that you are going to be at all but please be good.

Bishop89

Highly doubtful it's a vr exclusive since its a numbered sequel.

Good news it's coming out though. Been a long time since 6

PBalfredo

Man, it's been a hot minute since the last real AC, hasn't it? I wonder if they are going to include upcoming aircraft like the T-50 and J-20 so the F-22 has something in its tier to play with, without having to jump straight to superfighters.

As far as favorite fighters go, I find it hard to ever tear myself away from the F-14 and F-15.

ACESmkII

Man, it's been a hot minute since the last real AC, hasn't it? I wonder if they are going to include upcoming aircraft like the T-50 and J-20 so the F-22 has something in its tier to play with, without having to jump straight to superfighters.

Pretty much guaranteed to be included. T-50 was in AH.

AtkO

Back in the day I used to play a lot of games, but I always went back to some of them to play them over and over again. The Ace Combat games were one of them! I need this in my veins! (now it's Burnout's turn to come back, please!)

Top Bottom