• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nanatsu no Taizai

Denzel the brother of the King is the more ruthless counter-part... I can see him dying

Gother a Commandment... so him and Melodias then are pure demons

OPM Tornado extra

lol Saitama literally finishing everything off to the point that Tornado had to speed blitz in order to kill off a fodder before he does... cool to see the storm sisters get a extra chapter

Zweizer

Banned
Maoyuu ch45

Guns are so overpowered.

WOd0ASi.png

This is too true.

Seraph of the End 40
Ive been waiting so long for MikaYuu to be fighting together side by side. Its made the many years even more worth it than when he had to drink Yuu's blood.

But the rest, I hope it leads to Yuu becoming some super hybrid of the three entities.

TheFlow

Banned
The seven deadly sins 153
woah that major reveal about gowther is about to change the game

Fairytail 465
welp a lot of major questions were definitely answered, too bad we couldn't see Natsu's final move

BLue Exorcist 74
Yes this is more like it and no Shiemi in sight for miles and miles. Im glad the inn manager was on the same wavelength as fans for such a scenario that has been explored in extra works before. If only it lasted more pages and Yukio wasn't so stressed.

Also he should just tell Rin. He's going to find out someway or another about the details of the training.

Seven Seas licenses Magia the Ninth

YqDPuIV.png

Seven Seas Entertainment is pleased to announce the acquisition of the supernatural manga series, Magia the Ninth, by Ichiya Sazanami. Magia the Ninth features a thrilling and unique spin on the fantasy genre, set in an alternate reality that fashions our greatest classical music composers as magic-wielding demon hunters.

"Beethoven, Bach, Mozart, Shubert, Liszt and Tchaikovsky as a group of good-looking demon hunters? Say no more," said Seven Seas production manager Lissa Pattillo. "The art is great, the characters are fun, and the story about a group of powerful exorcists based on famous musical composers is irresistible."

High school student Takeru Sumura has a dark secret: his parents were murdered by demons. Consumed by vengeance, Takeru seeks out the famed demon hunter, Ludwig van Beethoven. Beethoven is a “magia,” a wizard who wields the power of music to battle demons. Taken under Beethoven’s wing, Takeru joins the ranks of other renowned magia: Bach, Mozart, Shubert, Liszt and Tchaikovsky. This unique team of demon hunters will use their music-based magic to combat the world’s demons. Now all Takeru needs to do is figure out how to convince Beethoven to upgrade him from his personal cleaning boy to a full-fledged apprentice!

famous musical composers as demon hunters? ok then

Zweizer

Banned
(NSFW) The praying mantis' nest by Arai Kei

Standard NTR setting, but the way she turns the tables on him as she goes batshit towards the end makes it worthwhile. You're the one who made her a yandere, son.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fairy Tail

Huge plot drop. It annoys me that a lot of the underlying plot here is actual good, but there's a shitload of random seemingly meaningless arcs around it. The problem is a lot of them AREN'T meaningless, e.g. the Tartaros arc introduced E.N.D., but it didn't seem terribly relevant in the long term much like a lot of the other arcs until way later on. Retroactively making a plot arc interesting is the wrong way to construct a good plot, imo.

Also, Happy just prevented the entire plot from resolving.

Sealed

Banned
Terra Formars 156

nope, still no idea what's going on. Does Joseph even have base? Are the guys attacking them the Chinese? I don't remember.

Fairy Tail 465

Fairy Tail

Huge plot drop. It annoys me that a lot of the underlying plot here is actual good, but there's a shitload of random seemingly meaningless arcs around it. The problem is a lot of them AREN'T meaningless, e.g. the Tartaros arc introduced E.N.D., but it didn't seem terribly relevant in the long term much like a lot of the other arcs until way later on. Retroactively making a plot arc interesting is the wrong way to construct a good plot, imo.

Also, Happy just prevented the entire plot from resolving.

Fairy Tail 465

TOO ... MUCH ... INFORMATION

HOLY SHIT

giphy.gif

pretty much my thoughts on the chapter as well lol

some real interesting stuff, which is a surprise for fairy tail tbh

Seven Seas licenses Please Tell Me! Galko-chan

Seven Seas Entertainment is pleased to announce their acquisition of the all-new, full-color comedy manga series, Please Tell Me! Galko-chan. Written and illustrated by Suzuki Kenya, with an anime adaptation scheduled to air on Japanese television in January 2016, Please Tell Me! Galko-chan gives a hilariously candid inside look into the life of Japanese school girls like you’ve never seen them before.

Galko-chan always speaks her mind, which may not be the wisest decision in all cases, but it’s never short of entertaining! Meet the exuberant and unbelievably busty high schooler, Galko, as she traverses the ups and downs of adolescence with spirit and verve, alongside her best friends--the anti-social loner, Otako, and the unpredictably honest, Ojyo.

"Please Tell Me! Galko-chan is our first full-color licensed manga," said Seven Seas publisher Jason DeAngelis. "The series is not only visually impressive, but the jokes and social commentary are irreverent and hilarious. With an anime debuting in early 2016, we're extra-excited to bring the source material to readers and fans starting next Fall."

Seven Seas will publish Please Tell Me! Galko-chan for the first time in print in North America as single volumes. Each book will be presented in its original full-color format, at a deluxe trim size. Volume one of Please Tell Me! Galko-chan will be released on November 22, 2016 for $14.99 USA / $16.99 CAN.

man, pretty nice to see seven seas grabbing a wide variety of new titles

Droplet

I have no clue what the fuck is happening in Seraph of the End anymore

I appreciate that it's gone from generic shounen garbage to whatever it is now. It's entertaining.

In other news I've been reading Spirit Circle (caught up) and Mob Psycho 100 so thanks for talking about enjoyable things sometimes Mangaf.

Quasar

So on another board I frequent some asked for suggestions of good anime/manga where you had actual proper relationships (and not just the first post confession days of one). Got me wondering about that.

Certainly the easy choices would be in the josei realm.

Yeah that would probably be Josei series which are less about idealized romances like shojo. They only make up about 1% of the market (or so I've read) so I doubt most people in the West even know they exist.

Zweizer

Banned
So on another board I frequent some asked for suggestions of good anime/manga where you had actual proper relationships (and not just the first post confession days of one). Got me wondering about that.

Some seinen are good at it as well, like Solanin, Boys on the Run, Bonnouji. Goodnight Punpun also features some interesting relationships, albeit unusual.

Sealed

Banned
Noone else reads Terra Formars ?

I have no clue what the fuck is happening in Seraph of the End anymore

its definitely gotten really interesting though. I don't think it's been too hard to follow, we just lack info on the details of Guren, Krul, Ferid, and the experiment.

I really want to know more about this expriment, and the details

and about that Trumpet that was in Yu's "dream"

I really like how the story is progressing tbh

Sealed

Banned
I used to but I dropped it. DTL reads it.

Edit: Who was stronger in OPM - Boros or Garou? Both were pushing God level but neither made it.

I need clarification :/

anyway, ONE addressed this in one of his interviews...

I think he said Garou is stronger, but I'll try and find it

"ONE: Garou vs Boros, who would win, you ask? Before (pre-monster Garou), it was quite obvious Boros was ways above him. But now that Garou has basically become the perfect monster, it is hard to tell who would win, it would've been one hell of a battle. I do believe that Garou is stronger in close combat, where he would simply dodge all punches and kicks"

http://onepunchman.wikia.com/wiki/Interviews

idk what would happen if Boros used that meteor rush though

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

It's one of those things that suck because it sucks in real life. One day your heart is pounding when you go to see her, the next day you're taking a shit with the door open and hollering across the house for her to bring you some TP.

The Little Match Girl 4
This chapter was sweeter than that parfait. I was expecting some fireworks (lit by matches) after lead character #4 failed to grasp Rin's words, but instead I got a twist that left me misty-eyed. A positive, heartwarming story in a series like this would usually make me retch, and yet it was actually my favourite chapter since the original one-shot. That's pretty weird. I need to go home and rethink my life.

Usobuko

Banned

Yonensei
Sekitou Elergy

Seinen though.

ryan13ts

Nanatsu no Taizai:

Holy shit, talk about a plot twist. Gowther is a Ten Commandment? I guess there was some underlying mysteries regarding his past but definately didn't see this coming. I'm wondering if his decree will also be 'Lust' like his sin title is, it would make sense.

Hajimari wa Sayonara 1

Well this ended up being a supernatural being disguised as a tired businessman type of manga. It was fantastic start even if they got to the action a bit too fast. But beyond that, Im curious about how Kei's memory loss happened and why he ended up leaving 20 years ago.

Great art and great character designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom