• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I have a picture that is broken can I fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hexa

uhh this is the pic i got out of that

3f955b77ff.jpg

YOU FIXED IT!!! :D

Seriously, I wasn't accusing you of ANYTHING. I was asking if you'd found the photo online and it was broken like that after you saved it. I didn't ask if you were hiding shit. There are people that hide shit in photos that seem totally normal and put them on the web as trolls, and I was wondering if that had somehow HAPPENED TO YOU. Not accusing you.

Very sorry I offended you. I will try and write more clearly next time to try and not offend anyone.

Lol just forget about it

I hate when people think I'm being mean when I'm not. :(

You are right though, there's a few programs out there that take wasted compression space in a jpeg or bmp and you can store unrelated data there but if you stress it then banding happens on the images.

In OP's case he either had a bad transfer corrupting it or a failing memory card
or hidden CP

jesu

Seriously, I wasn't accusing you of ANYTHING. I was asking if you'd found the photo online and it was broken like that after you saved it. I didn't ask if you were hiding shit. There are people that hide shit in photos that seem totally normal and put them on the web as trolls, and I was wondering if that had somehow HAPPENED TO YOU. Not accusing you.

Very sorry I offended you. I will try and write more clearly next time to try and not offend anyone.

I'm sorry too :)

You are right though, there's a few programs out there that take wasted compression space in a jpeg or bmp and you can store unrelated data there but if you stress it then banding happens on the images.

In OP's case he either had a bad transfer corrupting it or a failing memory card
or hidden CP

It's called Steganography. Basically you change a number of values in a data file such as a photo to represent the data you want to encrypt. These changes are usually lost in the noise of the picture as they are only single pixels subtly changed.

Raist

Banned
I guess there are several options

- re-copy the image from your camera
- extract the thumbnail and work from there
- fix the header using the one from another picture taken with the same settings (no idea how to do that in details though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom