• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I miss being young

cormack12

Gold Member
What is it with 30 yr olds feeling old? Y'all built different/worse.
tumblr_n3b82k4FqZ1qz5q5lo1_400.gif

sharp weiner

Neo Member
Somewhere between 20-60 years old here and I could barely help putting the tree up cuz that lower back is crying right now. I feel this thread

Phase

Those of you still physically healthy, I hope you continue to be and really appreciate it. Take care of what you have. I was in an accident 2 years ago and have been in hell since. Try to take care of yourself the best that you can, because the medical system is completely broken in the west. I hope none of you have to rely on it for anything.

I'm doing my best to get through each day, but I miss my active life I had before. I struggle with basic tasks now. Skateboarding, competitive tennis, basketball, hiking, walking... I miss them all so very much. Be good to yourselves and those around you. You never know how long things will last.

pachura

I miss getting super-excited about things - games, movies, trips... laughing when watching comedies... nowadays, I can only experience these feelings when using psychedelics.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Workout. Get enough sleep. Drink water. Don't eat a bunch of garbage. Quit booze and you'll be surprised how good you can feel even if the rest of your life is sub-optimal. I'm 41 and my body is easily better than it was ten years ago. Which is kind of sad in one way but that's how it works out sometimes. It's never too late to take care of yourself.

Put the fucking phone down too. That's one I'm working on now. We all spend way too much time on our phones.

LordOfChaos

I woke up feeling like garbage on friday, told work I wasn't working, slept it off until 2pm, didn't feel like dog anymore, but my back has been thrown since

Man the downhill post 30 is fierce lol. I am physically stronger than ever, but recovery time and random injuries are definitely going up.

I miss getting super-excited about things - games, movies, trips... laughing when watching comedies... nowadays, I can only experience these feelings when using psychedelics.

I feel that. I've wondered sometimes if not really being excited about a big new game launch announcement or a TV show everyone else is saying is amazing but for me it's just shovelware that's ok to watch as junk food but not that gripping is a me thing, or just a getting older thing. It was the PS3/360 era which was the last time things really felt that exciting for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom