• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peco

I just finished Nijigahara Holograph last night and loved it. I'm in the mood for more.

Does anyone have recommendations for horror Manga or similar like Nijigahara? I've read most of Junji Ito's stuff, but that's about it. I've also read most of Berserk.

Read Himizu by the superior Furuya.

Zweizer

Banned
I just finished Nijigahara Holograph last night and loved it. I'm in the mood for more.

Does anyone have recommendations for horror Manga or similar like Nijigahara? I've read most of Junji Ito's stuff, but that's about it. I've also read most of Berserk.

In addition to Punpun and Himizu, also check out Shintaro Kago's works, like Fraction and Parataxis, as well as the selection from the previous horror month.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map

Oyasumi Punpun has already been mentioned, but I can't recommend that enough. It's the best. I'm a fan of Homunculus and Himizu as well. If you want something specifically like Ito, check out Umezu's The Drifting Classroom.

zQfe8u4.png

Fuckery levels are high with this one.

Attack on Titan 77

Not surprised Reiners still alive, the three stooges got marco killed, Annie and Bertolt always seem hesitant, Reiners always calling the shots. They wont get away in time with 3dm gear from the body slam so I guess Eren will save them

Attack on Titan 77

Not surprised Reiners still alive, the three stooges got marco killed, Annie and Bertolt always seem hesitant, Reiners always calling the shots. They wont get away in time with 3dm gear from the body slam so I guess Eren will save them

he's not alive. This was his last action.

Peco

Both Furuya are great but one of them has more creativity in his works.
We're on the same page here.
The only reason why I refer to Minoru as the superior Furuya is because I like his works a bit more than Usamaru's. I know that's not a popular opinion but I just can't help it.

Zweizer

Banned
Sakura no Sono ch12-13

This just got more complicated, huh. From the look of it, I doubt going to his world would be much better for them.

Attack on Titan 77

I'm not sure I understand this; why is it that Reiner acts like he is of a higher race, but when he saw Marco getting eaten he looked mortified? Mistranslation or what?

Black Clover 44

Uhh Aster never gives up?

mdubs

Banned
Attack on Titan 77

I'm not sure I understand this; why is it that Reiner acts like he is of a higher race, but when he saw Marco getting eaten he looked mortified? Mistranslation or what?

Since they were living as soldiers for so long, their minds began to treat that as a type of reality independent of their status as Titans, causing conflicting emotions when their minds had a difficult telling what was reality. I think anyways going from Chapter 46.

Kingdom Ch 459

Kyoukai is knocked out.... I am guessing she will learn some secret things from the villagers that will give them a advantage later on

Also Kanki is waiting for something but I wonder what

See volume 11, episode 46.

Since they were living as soldiers for so long, their minds began to treat that as a type of reality independent of their status as Titans, causing conflicting emotions when their minds had a difficult telling what was reality. I think anyways going from Chapter 46.
That's what I was thinking, but it seemed so weird reading the panels. It's almost like he is bipolar.

L.O.R.D

Fairy Tail 468

maan , this chapter is very good
why she didn't say the 5 warriors was dragon slayers ? damn you happy , you break the climax every time

but , did i miss something? when this damage happened to him ?
after battle effect ? his scarf is normal
i wonder who is the new master of Aquarius.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Prison School ch. 202

That is a lot of people to be fighting against.

One Punch Man ch. 88

Imouto Bat letting her brother know what's up.

e_i

Nisekoi chapter 200

Nearing the end? Now that Bean Sprout
realizes he likes Chitoge as well as Onedera and has to make a choice
the end is not too far off.

Mob Psycho 100 caught up

This is pretty enjoyable, but I think overall I like One Punch Man better. Mob is a very interesting protagonist though, he pacifist nature reminds me of Vinland Saga.

Baoh by Hirohiko Araki

Baoh is a manga by the renowned Hirohiko Araki, most known for the long running JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Baoh was created in 1984, two years before Part 1 of JoJo, but the link is easily there. Art style wise, it looks very much like Phantom Blood - crude but efficient, but Araki has definitely improved massively when it comes to stuff like the flow of fights and paneling. Beyond that, it has the typical Araki-isms on display, stretching back even three decades ago - dogs being brutally killed, a killer ape, the ultra violence and heavy amount of gore that was commonplace in Phantom Blood, half cyborg dudes, tons of hovering onomatopoeia and of course, poses.

Now I've watched the OVA previously, which frankly isn't very good, especially in comparison to the Stardust Crusaders OVA. But Baoh is a short series that doesn't really overstay its welcome, nor does it evolve into something special like JJBA. Still, to see Araki's work before his big hit is interesting.

dani_dc

That's what I was thinking, but it seemed so weird reading the panels. It's almost like he is bipolar.

Yeah I had the same issue, it wasn't well done

I felt that was pretty much the point.
They essentially grew up as child soldiers, but training among humans for the last few years started to open cracks in their indoctrinated views. Thus the bipolarity of his actions.

This was pretty on pair with his character actions so far.

Girls of the Wild's

Okay Daldal, I'm with Jaegu here. The pity party ends at you throwing serious punches at me. Not to mention you really did this to yourself.

mdubs

Banned
I felt that was pretty much the point.
They essentially grew up as child soldiers, but training among humans for the last few years started to open cracks in their indoctrinated views. Thus the bipolarity of his actions.

This was pretty on pair with his character actions so far.

I just felt that it hadn't really been referenced in a long while, making it jarring when we've seen him more or less just trying to kill everyone in the last little bit. It would have been helpful if he had hesitated a little bit before they actually saw him get eaten, it would have felt like it didn't come out of the blue quite as much that way

Quasar

Girls of the Wild's

Okay Daldal, I'm with Jaegu here. The pity party ends at you throwing serious punches at me. Not to mention you really did this to yourself.

I don't really disagree (though if they were serious punches he'd be face down). She had plenty of chances to make Jaegu understand her feelings were serious, and frankly she'd seen enough evidence that he felt something for Queen. And I guess those two points are related. Still want to give her a hug and let her cry it out though.

Revo

Girls of the Wild's 218

you had your chance to actually go on the offensive when you kissed him daldal but you wasted it away doing the same things you were doing before that (although it doesn't help jaegu let you keep doing it forever)

rip daldal

Quasar

Girls of the Wild's 218

you had your chance to actually go on the offensive when you kissed him daldal but you wasted it away doing the same things you were doing before that (although it doesn't help jaegu let you keep doing it forever)

rip daldal

Time to go full yandere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom