• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delusional Love 9
That face....
9ZHQsVI.png

Moaradin

Shokugeki no Souma 83-149

I stopped reading right in the middle of the tournament arc back when the anime was still airing for some reason. Blew through the rest of it within a few days as soon as I got back into it. Really great stuff.

And about time they start trying to make Erina less of an unlikable asshole.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Spirit Circle 42
lol, Fortuna think he can handle the situation, but he forgot about his host and the fact that him interfering cause a change in a timeline (butterfly effect?)

rrc1594

Anyone have any recommendation for a good RomCom. Where the MC likes one person no love triangles. I prefer a Male main character, but it doesn't really matter.

Zweizer

Banned
Anyone have any recommendation for a good RomCom. Where the MC likes one person no love triangles. I prefer a Male main character, but it doesn't really matter.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa and Love Tyrant are absolutely hilarious and highly recommended. Some other fun romcoms are Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki, Yandere Kanojo, Hajiotsu and Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san.

If you prefer completed series, I'd suggest Bonnouji and Tasogare Otome x Amnesia.

Fairy Tail

Author always looking for an excuse to put Lucy and the new villainess of the current arc in fan service situation

and i like it

Sakura

Boku dake ga inai machi v1-7

Ended up enjoying the first episode and decided to read the manga...
Reading the 7 volumes that are out.
Enjoying it quite a bit so far, but I feel it is starting to fall apart a bit. It was exciting, but, nothing really happens in volume 7. Seems kind of like stalling for time because the ending is already in sight.

Usobuko

Banned
Boku dake ga inai machi v1-7

Ended up enjoying the first episode and decided to read the manga...
Reading the 7 volumes that are out.
Enjoying it quite a bit so far, but I feel it is starting to fall apart a bit. It was exciting, but, nothing really happens in volume 7. Seems kind of like stalling for time because the ending is already in sight.

The strongest emotional pull is the mom's action all these years. All that is left is the final confrontation.

I won't say it falls apart though, the suspence is pretty much gone after the culprit was identified. And this steers more towards the good territory rather than the great one.

Sakura

The strongest emotional pull is the mom's action all these years. All that is left is the final confrontation.

I won't say it falls apart though, the suspence is pretty much gone after the culprit was identified. And this steers more towards the good territory rather than the great one.

Sure, just that, the 7th volume was a whole lot of nothing. Especially compared to some of the other volumes. I kind of feel like I am at the same point at the end of the volume as I was at the start of it. But we will see how the 8th volume is.

And I think the whole gimmick with his ability is a little, er, under utilised.
There must've been what, 4 or 5 occasions where it gets used in the first volume, but then after he goes back to being a kid, he only really uses it once. Like it's just forgotten about. I feel like the author just wanted an excuse for time travel, then once he did it, didn't care about the ability any more.

rrc1594

Jitsu wa Watashi wa and Love Tyrant are absolutely hilarious and highly recommended. Some other fun romcoms are Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki, Yandere Kanojo, Hajiotsu and Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san.

If you prefer completed series, I'd suggest Bonnouji and Tasogare Otome x Amnesia.

koi wa ameagari no you ni

Thank You, but read all of those. Do I have to much free-time or is there not enough Manga in the world?

Zweizer

Banned
Thank You, but read all of those. Do I have to much free-time or is there not enough Manga in the world?

I see. Have you read Ojojojo, Senaka Gurashi, Wakabayashi Toshiya's 4-koma Collection, Koharu no Hibi and Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? then?

If you haven't delved into the world of yuri yet, you could also try Comprehensive Tovarisch, A Kiss And A White Lily, Their Story, Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni!, Kase-san, LOVE/DEATH and Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon for a start~

If any of you guys are fans of 7 Seeds, you should play SOMA. It's a lot like the Underground Shelter and Abandoned Ship arcs, with some great sci-fi themes going on. Very, very strong storytelling.

Seraph of the End 41
CYdfrpoW8AE0SQC.png

Well it was most exactly like the final episode though not as flashy. Still just as intense. Unclear if Krul died in this or not, but otherwise loved it all. Mika's panel with Ill help is my favorite.

Hope he makes demon Yu into a vampire demon seraph Yu.

Zweizer

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";191890292]If any of you guys are fans of 7 Seeds, you should play SOMA. It's a lot like the Underground Shelter and Abandoned Ship arcs, with some great sci-fi themes going on. Very, very strong storytelling.[/QUOTE]

Oh, is that so? Survival Horror games are not really my thing, but this certainly sounds interesting. I'll give it a look sometime then.

Oh, is that so? Survival Horror games are not really my thing, but this certainly sounds interesting. I'll give it a look sometime then.

It's a lot less horror game and a lot more sci-fi novel than you'd expect. Definitely my pick for best game story of 2015. I'm a Lovecraft nut and I didn't think anything was going to beat out Bloodborne's story for me. But SOMA kind of embarrassed it.

Zweizer

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";191894387]It's a lot less horror game and a lot more sci-fi novel than you'd expect. Definitely my pick for best game story of 2015. I'm a Lovecraft nut and I didn't think anything was going to beat out Bloodborne's story for me. But SOMA kind of embarrassed it.[/QUOTE]

That's good to hear. I'm not too good with jumpy horror games, even though I'm rather fond of Lovecraft myself, haha.

I like how Seraph of the End created an impossible to get out of situation then insantly flashes forward showing everyone fine without any indication of how the main cast managed to survive.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I like how Seraph of the End created an impossible to get out of situation then insantly flashes forward showing everyone fine without any indication of how the main cast managed to survive.

I could think of a few interesting ways that could be dealt with, but I doubt they'd use any of them. It's probably plot armor.

diaspora

The mom is the real MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom