• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

JABEE

Howard Eskin
‏@howardeskin
QB Chase Daniel likely1 of next FA's #Eagles will b signing. And Eagles will move on from M Sanchez and possibly draft QB late @FOX29philly

Goodbye Sanchize.

Josina AndersonVerified account
‏@JosinaAnderson
On the phone w/ DE Charles Johnson. Adds that he’s expecting to return to Carolina on a 1-year deal. @AdamSchefter 1st to report choice.

‏@JosinaAnderson
Charles Johnson telling me he almost signed with the #Giants. “I came pretty close, but ultimately my heart is in Carolina."

‏@JosinaAnderson
Charles Johnson to me: "It’s not about the money. Carolina is home and I wouldn’t have been happy if I went somewhere else.” #Panthers

‏@JosinaAnderson
Charles Johnson added, “The #Giants are a 1st class organization, but now I have one more year to get back where I want to be, at home."

‏@JosinaAnderson
On the phone w/ DE Charles Johnson. Adds that he’s expecting to return to Carolina on a 1-year deal. @AdamSchefter 1st to report choice.

‏@JosinaAnderson
Charles Johnson telling me he almost signed with the #Giants. “I came pretty close, but ultimately my heart is in Carolina."

‏@JosinaAnderson
Charles Johnson to me: "It’s not about the money. Carolina is home and I wouldn’t have been happy if I went somewhere else.” #Panthers

‏@JosinaAnderson
Charles Johnson added, “The #Giants are a 1st class organization, but now I have one more year to get back where I want to be, at home."

So Carolina wins by saving cap and getting the player back. Just smh

Looking at the last 5-6 years..the players were better at the 13th pick then 8th. At the end of the day you have to pick the right player and you are going to crap out over 1 out 3 in the 1st round.

lol you've figured it all out! why don't teams that are picking higher just swap spots for free with teams picking later in the draft!? history proves you'll get a better player later! all these stupid teams keeping their higher picks.... when will they learn!

‏@JosinaAnderson

‏@JosinaAnderson

‏@JosinaAnderson

‏@JosinaAnderson

Too bad. I would have loved his leadership on the team. Good for him though.

Sanjuro

Oh yeahhhh

byE7myw.jpg

Colasante

Tavon Wilson won't be returning to the Patriots. He was a horrendous reach as a 2nd rounder, but I actually always kind of liked him. I remember he had four interceptions his first season and was doing pretty well, then he got beat deep on the same exact play two games in a row and was permanently banished to exclusively special teams.

Not a surprise at all though. Safety is well-stocked with McCourty, Chung, Harmon, and Jordan Richards.

Sanjuro

Tavon Wilson won't be returning to the Patriots. He was a horrendous reach as a 2nd rounder, but I actually always kind of liked him. I remember he had four interceptions his first season and was doing pretty well, then he got beat deep on the same exact play two games in a row and was permanently banished to exclusively special teams.

Not a surprise at all though. Safety is well-stocked with McCourty, Chung, Harmon, and Jordan Richards.

This team doesn't look great for next season.

He ain't coming back unless he takes a significant pay cut.
I wonder how it'll play out, maybe he wants another ring. Dude hasn't touched his contract money apparently so maybe he would take a paycut.

We have till tomorrow to see how it plays out since they haven't placed him in the retired list yet.

WedgeX

Banned
v21V2JB.jpg

Nft7QZ1.jpg

FM07RpG.jpg

Calvin the Megatron to Ford Field Did Come

The beast of Madden flailed at his redoubt
Fire in their eyes, across turf they tore!
Bending, cripping, to thee they hoped to bore,
Thy career’s end they sought to force out.

Thy companions they did break! Childe
Edwards in camp. Stout Burleson for want
Of rounded pie, consigned so standing gaunt
And er’remore forsaken to the Browns, forer’r mild.

Valiant Broyles had scarce begun to heal,
When broke by the beast once more. Titus the Young’st
Did boast and stomp. Until torn from amongst
The team did his illness reveal.

Nineteen thousand and sixty-four shine bright.
As did two thousand and sixty three before
So shall another, a Motor City fated yore.
Each yet squandered for lack of adroit squires, a career squelched!

Knightly Sire Roy, who knowing that in his death knell,
Christened thee but when still a childe. Chimeras
Could never lessen thy legend. Ne’er could legions of
Hordes nor houscarls defeat thy honorific decepticons

Only could those sacrileg’d saboteurs in their satirical safeguards
Presume to rescind what was rightfully Megatron’s in their predation: “Process
of Thy Catch” - screeched those Thrall of the Rodger.
Impossible to rectify thy dejection. Despairing and demoralized as masses of Detroiters who follow.

Thy travels seen in Detroit ne’er before:
Outright from draft’s 756, 1331, 984 greatness perhaps an outlier,
Yet to greatest heights did build 1120, 1681, 1964 with gregariousness still
A legend, a leader, 1492, 1077, 1214

The fates to Detroit fastidiously brought you, to fame.
To worshipper nor hated foe did he condescend.
Yet Curst by Layne is Detroits fate, no curiae may ever absolve -
Megatron never to squelch curse’s squalor. Squandered fore’r.

A body bent, broke, borne its burthen longer then most.
Thy corporeal form no more corroded by carrying The Prince of Corpulence,
Feast upon feedlock have brought this fearless yet cernuous
Receiver of’t stricken by pain! Off days so have portend.

As Achilles before, no more shall Calvin the Megatron ache,
Karma having brought thee into the care of Karras of Mongo
“A pawn in game of life no more,
Freed from the Ford’s before thou fissure and fracture”

Er’r Illuminated with Wijciechowicz, Walker, Matson, Night Train,
Layne, Schmidt, Gatski, JH, Lary, Barney, LeBeau
Christianson, Clark, Culp, Dudley, Creekmur, Charlie & Barry

The future having been fated: That Tenderhearted Transformer, borne by retinue
Burnished with golden fleece, borne to the meadhall of Canton by
The devoted denizens of Detroit deeming thee erst-worthy-
“We hath processed thou catch for thee”

5Ribswr.jpg

ZdR1Te8.jpg

dweMzCk.jpg

squicken

That Eagles-Lions game and the US soccer team vs Costa Rica are the two weirdest snow games I have seen. There have been stranger games played in the very cold or dealing with wind and ice, but those games were really about the snow and nothing else.

Bitanator

I will remember Calvin Johnson as the beast that completely outclassed the Dallas Cowboys to the tune of 330 yards. This was a week that had some smack talk by the Cowboys and Dez Bryant saying he is just as good or some shit and ended up being a non factor. Dude was impossible to stop, pleasure to watch. As a Dallas fan, I'm not even mad we lost that game, to see somebody completely dominate like that, even if he is not on your team you cannot be mad

MechDX

Source: The #Raiders will sign LB Bruce Irvin when the league year starts tomorrow. Out of nowhere.

Welp.that's a biggie

I feel like I never hear a whole lot about Ramon Foster, which is actually probably more of a good thing when it comes to offensive linemen.
He's quietly put together a few really good seasons. Steelers are making sure to get their core guys. Beachum is probably gone though.

Top Bottom