• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Controller Rumor [Up5: Original was fake, and thus this is too]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcx4610

If it was fake, it would be something cool and impressive.

This fits perfectly in line with modern Nintendo. Completely believable.

wtf?

fQVmVvZ.png

When you put your thumb on those two sticks, the corners are practically hard to see.

This whole design makes no sense.
You don't lose all that screen space with your thumbs
ltZwCcU.jpg

Dmax3901

At the end of the day it's so exciting to be part of this pre-console reveal hype again. All the leaks, speculation and hilarious reaction images/gifs. Feeling #blessed to have this roller-coaster available so soon after the PS4 Xbone rat race.

Zoon

Why would an NX developer have Wii U gamepad next to him? Even if he developed for Wii U , isn't the devkit gamepad different than the consumer one?

L Thammy

wtf?

fQVmVvZ.png

Now don't look at my exact marks, didn't have time to get the proper lines in. But you get the point.

When you put your thumb on those two sticks, the corners are practically hard to see.

But if you notice, there are no handles. Which means, the palms of your hands go around the side, thus covering up part of the sides of the screen, along with your thumbs below the nubs, rendering the corners on each side useless screen space.

It's a dumb design.

That's still a negligible amount of space that's being covered. And, more importantly, the area where the screen would be expected to be is still there. It would stand to reason that devs would have the most important part of the image be that area, which would not be covered, and not the extra area off towards the edges.

They probably aren't going to stretch out the image so that your character is hidden under your thumb. That would be ridiculous.

Man...I think it looks like the real deal...and it's so bad, but not like power glove bad.

Trying to hold off on judgements until Nintendo has a chance to show it off.

Somnid

wtf?

fQVmVvZ.png

Now don't look at my exact marks, didn't have time to get the proper lines in. But you get the point.

This argument is backwards. Having plastic there is a waste of real-estate, you might as well get more screen area out of it. It's not like you're going to mold the bezel to everyone's exact grip anyway. At worst you can just display a solid color but the point is that it's additive it's not a trade-off.

Conceptually I think the core expectation would be to put context buttons in that space.

RagnarokX

wtf?

fQVmVvZ.png

The thing is that the area between the sticks is the size of regular screen, so anything they put beyond that would be extra. They could put extra periphery vision there and/or buttons.

MilkBeard

After the whole 'acrylic' discussion was brought up, if you really look at it, especially at those angles, it doesn't have the same look of a screen at all. Notice how in the pic with the WiiU, the WiiU has this strange discoloration, whereas the NX fake is completely flat black, with a glossy surface.

Screens usually have a depth inside of them that captures some light. Looking at my phone, which is a Galaxy S6, it has kind of a similar effect as the WiiU screen while looking at it with light upon it at different angles. The screen is not flat black, and it has a sort of reflection of colors like an oily bubble.

Nintendo is just damn crazy at this point. Oddly enough, I keep drawing a parallel to a quote in the movie Seven that pretty much encapsulates my idea of what expectations I should have with Nintendo.....

William Somerset: If John Doe's head splits open and a UFO should fly out, I want you to have expected it.

packy34

So much denial here. People so badly want this to be fake because it looks stupid and hard to use. Sounds just like modern Nintendo to me. #TeamReal

KingV

Or maybe the hoax of all hoaxes to prove a point (that we shouldn't always believe leaks despite how real they seem). Think ArtsyOmni with a 3D printer. If that's the case, I'm expecting a complete exposition on Reddit within a week's time.

It was banksy

KingV

Why would an NX developer have Wii U gamepad next to him? Even if he developed for Wii U , isn't the devkit gamepad different than the consumer one?

Take this to the next level. Which 3rd party developer is currently developing Wii U games in Sweden?

I'm pretty sure that's none of them.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
The thumbsticks don't look like they move at all. The nail marks on them was a nice touch, though. #TeamFake

lol jk

#TeamReal

Azalean

Banned

1. They probably have a consumer Wii U model to test it out on

2. They use it to play other games

MK_768

So much denial here. People so badly want this to be fake because it looks stupid and hard to use. Sounds just like modern Nintendo to me. #TeamReal

Or maybe people are just skeptical because these pictures are not clear proof. I know...it's a hard concept to understand.

Until there is better proof, not some reddit user that just popped out of nowhere, it's fair to be skeptical.

notaskwid

Because he is working on Zelda U.
When you see Zlatan Ibrahimovic in the credits for it you will say wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom