• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 4 art leaks (Norse setting, Kratos w/ beard) [Up2: Polygon says real]

Which part of God of War 4 are you most excited about?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I picked the beard but honestly the best thing about this is those environments. I still hope we get to see some of the cool architecture like the other games, I loved seeing the way they handled materials like marble and gold and all that.

PS4K can't come any sooner.

I don't remember shit about God of War, is there any sort of pretext for Kratos to be able to just enter a completely different mythological setting or is it not literally the same character?
Hasn't Kratos fought creatures from other mythologies? The basilisk, the elephant in Ascension? I imagine other pantheons wouldn't be happy with a god killer roaming the earth

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Don't mind Kratos and his ragey self, but man this game is gonna be gorgeous regardless of main character.

So ready for a big ol adventure game.

Everything is up again in the OP thanks to Hexa and across another image host again to help keep it up.
Isnt this some interns work? We ok torturing the poor guy? Who knows if this stuff is even relevant or related to anything tangible.

This all seems fairly weak off of one dude.

MP is a dying trend now. It is omitted in the recent AC and Far Cry games.

Now that I think about it, I think you're right. Wow. That's actually kind of blowing my mind. Of the past 5 games I bought none of them had multiplayer.

Edit: Actually I forgot that MGSV has multiplayer. I'd bet that multiplayer wasn't a significant factor in its sales though.

Now that I think about it, I think you're right. Wow. That's actually kind of blowing my mind. Of the past 5 games I bought none of them had multiplayer.

Edit: Actually I forgot that MGSV has multiplayer. I'd bet that multiplayer wasn't a significant factor in its sales though.

MP part was developed by a western studio not being a part of Kojima Productions thus thus not having Kojima involved (surely a an obligation from Konami).

I think it's more that the trend of cramming multiplayer into franchises that dont need it is dying

Sulik2

So they are going back to David Jaffe's original idea? Good on them, that was a way better concept then the sequels we got.

So they are going back to David Jaffe's original idea? Good on them, that was a way better concept then the sequels we got.

I like the idea. I even liked what SSM is doing with this overdone setting. The artworks look really like "Land Of The Fairies”.

I think it's more that the trend of cramming multiplayer into franchises that dont need it is dying

Right, that's probably more accurate. What I was thinking of is that post CoD4 every game was trying to have some type of multiplayer in it. As you say though, and after reflecting for just a bit, it seems more appropriate these days.

I'd bet GOW IV won't have multiplayer. But I wonder how they will try to increase the value of the game (which does seem like a current trend), if at all?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
MP is a dying trend now. It is omitted in the recent AC and Far Cry games.
Yeah, the actual trend has been that there are more games that only have multiplayer or singleplayer instead of both, since development requirements are so high now.

That said, quite a few developers have started putting the other mode back in now that they've got one new game under their belt, and thus a foundation to work with.

Games that are 6-12 hours for $60 are also basically dead which is what God of War would normally fit under.

ReaperXL7

Pumped, I have been a huge fan of God of War since the first game, its probably one of the only game franchises in which I have played every single entry regardless of platform.I was hoping that they would go Norse so that just makes this all the better if it turns out to be accurate. I know some really don't like Kratos but quite frankly if you were going to remove him you might as well just make something that's not God of War since Kratos is an important piece of the series.

I cannot wait to see what they can do on PS4

PIelwtRtH1Leo.gif

joaquin-tongue-gif.gif

Pumped, I have been a huge fan of God of War since the first game, its probably one of the only game franchises in which I have played every single entry regardless of platform.I was hoping that they would go Norse so that just makes this all the better if it turns out to be accurate. I know some really don't like Kratos but quite frankly if you were going to remove him you might as well just make something that's not God of War since Kratos is an important piece of the series.

I cannot wait to see what they can do on PS4

PIelwtRtH1Leo.gif

joaquin-tongue-gif.gif
Ascension had some wince moments too
god_of_war_ascension_fgxn7.gif

I hope GOW won't follow Saint Seiya's chronology: happen in greek setting then visit norse setting then go back to greek setting. Lol!
Meanwhile
Kratos could star in the next Avengers cast (and still no Spider-Man invited XD)

Now, the story takes a decidedly dark turn at this point. The site that leaked the images quickly found itself at the mercy of someone who took it upon themselves to hack the site and leave a message warning the site to stop leaking stuff. Strange but hacks are certainly not unheard of. This is where it gets really weird: the site just vanished like it never existed. The site’s domain name is now for sale and if you go to the URL for Nerd Leaks you end up on the Go Daddy website. The site’s twitter account has also been deleted, almost as if someone wanted to hide themselves. It goes deeper, too. The link to the site was also posted on the popular-yet-brutal N4G site by a user named Azog. That user’s account is no longer active on N4G. They’ve just gone. Poof in the wind.

Now, many have taken it to mean that Sony has flexed its muscles and has digitally murdered Nerd Leaks for leaking what is supposed to be a secret project that the world isn’t supposed to know about. We can categorically tell you now that is not true. There have been hundreds of leaks in the past (we’ve been at the start of some of them, sorry, Sony!) and this has not, at least not in our memories, happened before. It’s all the more likely that the site owner got spooked by the initial hack and decided to up-and-run. Still, bloody weird, innit?

http://pureplaystation.com/god-of-w...e-that-leaked-it-completely-vanishes/2016/04/

So the site gets attention for an article.
The site gets hacked.
They then turn around and close the site.
Delete the twitter corresponding to the site.
Delete the user account who posted the articles to N4G.

http://pureplaystation.com/god-of-w...e-that-leaked-it-completely-vanishes/2016/04/

The site gets hacked.

This is scary !

Azog also posted the other leak about GOW: http://n4g.com/news/1885090/a-new-g...-on-veteran-character-animators-cv#c-11196950

And confirmed it was not an April's Fool joke in the comments below. He even uses an orc avatar (norse mythology: coincidence that much?)
I didn't even know you could close your account in N4G.

Norse mythology?!
THEY LISTENED?!

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!

If this is true I'm gonna flip out so hard. So. Hard.

Gotta replay all the GoWs now. Also I finally have to play Ascension.

Arkeband

Banned

The site gets hacked.

Seems more like fuel for the argument that it's all fake.
Wouldn't "Kratos with a Hand-Axe" seem more authentic if the person leaking it seemed like they were being "disappeared"?

Oh well, the idea of maybe Freyja, Hel or just about anyone other than Kratos as the main protagonist got me hype for a moment.
eBvYaCU.png
Oh fuck, Kratos is totally going to fuck them Valkyries isn't it? He's going to fuck Hrist before we ever get Valkrye Profile 3 isn't it???

Hexa

Shinobi hasn't posted in a while either. RIP Shinobi.

He just got Farcry Primal so I think he's just busy playing that lol.

Seems more like fuel for the argument that it's all fake.
Wouldn't "Kratos with a Hand-Axe" seem more authentic if the person leaking it seemed like they were being "disappeared"?

I would say that's highly unlikely. Shinobi was the first person to come out describing Norse mythology. Nerd-Leaks then immediately went on a search and found concept art relating to that, directly in the portfolio of a guy who has claimed to work at SSM for almost a year at this point. The timings and independent actors involved makes it highly unlikely its fake.

Shinobi hasn't posted in a while either. RIP Shinobi.

The N4G account isn't just inactive.
It's been closed.
"The user has closed his/her account. The user is not active anymore."

I think it's all an elaborate hoax.
But I think some of it is interesting. Why close the N4G account?

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Love Kratos, Love God of War and can't wait to like... what... rip an ice giant apart with his own nipple ring? Hack into someones head and curb stomp their brain stem? OOHH maybe we can shove Thors hammer down his throat and blow him up with electricity or some such wild shit!

I'm curious if they are all just gonna love the shit out of him... glorious deaths and all... maybe he's the apocalypse they pray for!!

Hyped.

The N4G account isn't just inactive.
It's been closed.
"The user has closed his/her account. The user is not active anymore."

I think it's all an elaborate hoax.
But I think some of it is interesting. Why close the N4G account?

Azog also posted the other leak about GOW: http://n4g.com/news/1885090/a-new-g...-on-veteran-character-animators-cv#c-11196950

And confirmed it was not an April's Fool joke in the comments below. He even uses an orc avatar (norse mythology: coincidence that much?)
I didn't even know you could close your account in N4G.

Did anyone notice that he no longer has the chains bound to his arms and he now and now his skin looks normal by losing his ashes as if he was freed from his damnation:

awxccTl.png

I think he is now powerless, longing for starting over in this part of the world to carve his name among those who never knew his position before.

This is Season 8 Ending Kratos, where he goes off to be a lumberjack.

I won't believe this until E3 reveals it, it just seems so stupid.

I think he is now powerless, longing for starting over in this part of the world to carve his name among those who never knew his position before.

Thewonandonly

Hope the beard is fake.

What saddens me about this whole thing is the possible PS4K. If rumors are to be believed GoW4 will be developed with the PS4K in mind and the OG PS4 will play a gimped version. I don't hate the idea of the PS4K and will probably buy it day one, but having to spend $400-500 to truly play one of my favorite Sony IPs is troubling.
I'm with you here. I bought a ps4 for God of war in mind because it's one of my favorite series ever. I just love the idea of killing God and giant monsters. Sure bloodborne was really really good but it's literally the only Sony exclusive game I have played on the ps4 besides EDF. Will be a little salty if I have to spend 500 dollars to play it when I already spend 400

I'm with you here. I bought a ps4 for God of war in mind because it's one of my favorite series ever. I just love the idea of killing God and giant monsters. Sure bloodborne was really really good but it's literally the only Sony exclusive game I have played on the ps4 besides EDF. Will be a little salty if I have to spend 500 dollars to play it when I already spend 400

The problem is that I think that the PS4K was created to meet GOW4 full needs and not the opposite.
That is why this was the only game not revealed yet: everything else was revealed (from FFVII Remake to Shenmue III to The Last Guardian to Quantic Dream game and even the delayed Deep Down (which will follow the same treatment on PS4K).

This game has been kept so secret surely for a secret reason too (and this continues even now, seeing the removal of the leaks). PS4K must have have a game to showcase its power.

Hydrus

Too bad this was leaked early, it would have made a great E3 surprise. Boo internet.

Not for me. I'm glad it leaked because I don't like the idea of Norse mythology. The leak let me down slowly. Now I have zero hype for God of war E3. It can only go up from here!

The problem is that I think that the PS4K was created to meet GOW4 full needs and not the opposite.
That is why this was the only game not revealed yet: everything else was revealed (from FFVII Remake to Shenmue III to The Last Guardian to Quantic Dream game and even the delayed Deep Down (which will follow the same treatment on PS4K).

This game has been kept so secret surely for a secret reason too (and this continues even now, seeing the removal of the leaks). PS4K must have have a game to showcase its power.

Tbh, after reading those leaked description about the flora: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=200175134&postcount=872

I am willing to believe this is the truth. Considering how much dynamic the environment elements will be, the game may even exceed Uncharted 4 in terms of environment interaction since everything is alive and moving (I loved the fan like plant). This is surely very demanding to achieve. I wonder how much toned down the regular PS4 version will be.

What if they follow Jaffe's original plan for GoW3? After Zeus death all mythologies try to rise to power and an all out war happens? Could be very interesting.

Not for me. I'm glad it leaked because I don't like the idea of Norse mythology. The leak let me down slowly. Now I have zero hype for God of war E3. It can only go up from here!

I was like you at the beginning but I decided to give it a chance.

Top Bottom