• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach Reveal Thread - Matchmaking/Multiplayer Details Revealed

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Demoncarnotaur said:
Ok, excited.

I suppose some sleep should bring the reveal. I hope. So, multiplayer trailer? Vidoc? Mystery image with epic music just to throw everyone off?

But honestly, what are most people betting on?

I am betting that we get to see the flyby of of MP map (the one we got concept art for) that they showed people at X10, could be part of a vidoc.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
GhaleonEB said:
My prediction: Multiplayer vidoc. The last was posted at 6am Pacific, so we could be looking at tomorrow morning, or in another day or so. Who knows. Aside from Urk.
Sometimes I get the feeling not even he knows.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
user_nat said:
Sometimes I get the feeling not even he knows.

Oh he knows....bomb gets dropped tomorrow, he gets to sit and see people on the net freak out about it, giving him his material for this weeks BWU.

This is all a ploy to make his job easier. :lol

IZZO

Neo Member
Whatever the bomb is. I hope it is related to this:

tumblr_kya7fmEO9A1qb0uido1_500.jpg

I MUST KNOW WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING AT :mad:

EazyB

Banned
Turns out Battlefield is pretty damn lame in its current state.

Here's to making the wait even harder and playing shitty Halo 3 playlists in the meantime.

JayDub

I come in here and see discussions about videos, playlists, setting up games and discussions about played games. If I didn't know better, I would've thought Reach had been released for a good month and all the talk of the campaign has come and gone, and the only discussions remain are of MP.

Oh, wait.

I love all you guys in the Halo 3 thread, but I expect discussions of Reach in here. I see this thread bumped, come in excited, and all I get is a new discussion of last night's game.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
JayDub said:
I come in here and see discussions about videos, playlists, setting up games and discussions about played games. If I didn't know better, I would've thought Reach had been released for a good month and all the talk of the campaign has come and gone, and the only discussions remain are of MP.

Oh, wait.

I love all you guys in the Halo 3 thread, but I expect discussions of Reach in here. I see this thread bumped, come in excited, and all I get is a new discussion of last night's game.

Come back later today when multiplayer is finally revealed. Fireworks.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
JayDub said:

Oh, wait.

With reach being what Bungie is calling the "definitive" Halo, I have come to think of this thread as the "Definitive Halo Thread". Unless you are going to post Legends spoilers, then you know the drill...GTFO

But I do like how this thread is right now, it is full of excitement and remember the glory of some H3 matches while waiting for new Reach info. Good stuff. :D

Dani said:
Come back later today when multiplayer is finally revealed. Fireworks.

It has to be a ViDoc.

By the way, as I was saying in a previous post, the latest BWU gives more than a hint about something that went or is going to or could well be in a ViDoc:

Urk@BWU said:
Blinded by "Something Cool"
While Chad was busy peering into infinitude, Brian and I were over at Steve Cotton’s desk peering into something I assumed was impossible just last week. It turns out what Shishka had on offer when he was gushing about what Cotton was cooking up was already yesterday’s news.

What Cotton is playing around with right now is beautiful and alien and huge. Brian launched into a bevy of questions designed to break Cotton down and reveal all the holes and limitations in his master plan, but at each and every step, his efforts were easily foiled by Cotton’s expertly crafted construct.

“Yup, we’re doing that.”

“Yup, that’s in.”

“Already in the plan.”

We joked that what Cotton’s working on deserves a ViDoc all by itself, and as we walked away, Brian and I realized that the sentiment really was no joke. We really could drop ten minutes covering just this. Easily. But then again, I could drop a single image and it would probably be enough to send you over the edge.

All in due time.

Yeah I know: should remain calm.

Pardon my hype.

JayDub said:

Oh, wait.

I think discussing the predecessors of reach is paramount to the discussion of reach itself. There's no better way to gauge the future of the franchise than to dwell on its past.

plus... maybe the new bomb is the announcement that all halo 3/odst maps will be included as maps in halo reach(long shot). Then what? we have to discuss it.

Falagard

JayDub said:

Oh, wait.

Pretty sure most people are talking about a multiplayer reveal, which might be coming as soon as tomorrow, that may or may not include a video. It's being called a "bomb" by Bungie. As in megaton.

Perhaps you thought we were talking about arming a bomb in Halo 3? If so, you were wrong :lol

Gotta love halo hype. Sure the games themselves are awesome but between every Halo game being developed I find myself enjoying being cock teased week after week through the weekly updates. Makes you feel like a kid again.

user_nat

So I guess the question is.. is this what Bungie was going to show?

Seems very likely, but who knows.

user_nat said:
So I guess the question is.. is this what Bungie was going to show?

Seems very likely, but who knows.
They could show half of that footage.

Or hell, even stills from that footage, and we'd all be having wet dreams either way...:lol

Brainboy

I fully expect someone to post screenshots of all the revelations in that video within the hour. There's just so much going on, it's insane.

I actually hate leaks... but anyway.
Things noted:
-Invasion : Covies vs Humans, both seem human controlled.
-Jet-pack armour abilities (Tribes anyone? :D )
-Purple fast 'Sentinel Beam'-esc weapon/Covenant Spartan Laser
-Face-to-Face executions look awesome
-Invisibilty (was practically confirmed already, looks awesome)
-The grenade explosion at 0:21, look really quick timed to anyone else?
-Personal shield ability (survives ghost explosion/splatter attempt)
-Elite front roll, wonder how that works, ability?

Brainboy

One thing I just saw: your present location as a small text below the radar. Perfect for call-outs, probably very useful for some of the bigger maps.

Also I didn't take any note of the Phantom until I had watched the video about 4 times. :lol

user_nat

*snap*

Best part.

No shields, low health... NO RED SCREEN.

Oh, and motion blur.

edit: Maybe I shouldn't post a picture from a leak, IDK.

Top Bottom