• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break PC Codes Going Out

Thucydes

Neo Member
For those wondering about the key's being region free, I can confirm that a U.K. key was successfully redeemed in Canada.

Luckydog

Well, if they fixed the account system and just tied the game to one's account, none of this would be an issue.

Not sure what the deal is with this. It seemed to work fine for Killer Instinct. I bought all the seasons on Xbox and when i logged into the PC it was on my account. Seems like a solved problem.

Well, if they fixed the account system and just tied the game to one's account, none of this would be an issue.

Oh I agree, this is a massive fuck up on Microsoft's part. They would have known this was going to happen and were just delaying the inevitable.

I wonder how many codes were sent out and how many are kept and how many are sold? Significant numbers I would imagine?

DirtyLarry

If I got the PC code the day the game was released, I would have used it right away and never thought about selling it.
Sending it a week later, after I had already beat the game and am sitting at 98% completion after my first playthrough meaning I only missed a handful of collectibles, means I am not going to replay the game anytime soon and if I do go back for 100%, doing so on my One will be enough.
It is also important to keep in mind I am not a big re-player of games since I am older and my time is limited to begin with. That also heavily factors into things. I pretty much do not replay games and have not for many years now.
But if I had the option when the game was released to jump back and forth between PC and the One, I would have done it.
I did not have that option until after I beat the game, so for me the incentive to own both versions greatly diminished. In fact it disappeared completely. I posted in the Ratchet & Clank thread earlier today how I was glad QB was so short as now I can enjoy R&C.

WarLox

How are the codes being sent? I preordered via Xbox one, but I didn't get an email. I'm not sure what I should be looking for.

MrBS

Anyone else getting a login error when trying to redeem?

0af84de18e.png

(i'm logged in)

edit: Nevermind. It worked when using MS Edge browser instead of Chrome.
I can also confirm that this code would only work if I used MS Edge, firefox returned the error above

TheKeyPit

Banned
If I find someone who's willing to post his experience with the game through a couple of posts in the OT, I'll glady give that person my PC code for free. (I'll need your Gamertag, so I can check your progress with the game)

Edit: gone

ClearData

Phil Spencer has publicly stated multiple times that cross-buy isn't yet a feature that exists since the Stores are still different between Xbox and Windows.

At GDC, Microsoft announced that cross-buy (and many other features) are coming as a part of the merging of the Stores:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-windows-10-games-getting-cross-buy-suppor/1100-6425696/

In the meantime, this is a workaround for a lack of that feature. And the game came out one week ago, not two.

I just wish they waited for the feature to be ready for primetime before doing the promotion. Having the Xbox copy to play and then hearing about the rough port really killed my desire to play on PC. No matter which way you slice it it was not a good look. And one week is an eternity to wait when your competitors can do the same thing near instantly.

I bought one for $25 in xbl credit (paid $15 for it thanks to the golden crisps cereal promo last year) and its a 45 gig install, going straight onto my SSD :( May move it later with mklink /j.

There is no way way to download the episode stuff on PC, is there? maybe after it installs I guess. I might wait until the May Windows 10 update since I have a gSync monitor and want it to run with gSync.

Be careful of what account you buy it under, I log into my windows 10 PC with a different account than my xbox live account. You can click on the windows 10 store little user icon in the top middle, "logout", and login with your xbox account so that way you share saves/achieves/etc with your XBL account.

tioslash

If anyone is willing to trade for a Tom Clancy´s The Division PC code, just PM me. - Edit: GONE.

Lol dammit. Just bought a code instead.

Sorry, I wasn´t very clear. I meant I have a Division code and if anyone with a Quantum Break code wants to trade it with me, I´m up for it.

T.O.P

Banned
Since i'm not upgrading my 970 for a while i guess i might as well drop the code for now

20€ Paypal, pm if interested

Yeah, I'll knock my Quantum Break PC code to $20, since that seems to be the going price (Serves me right for not looking first) Paypal or Simple is acceptable, PM if interested.

Edit: Sold!

They're just trying to hit the MAU goals.

I would love to finally get a glorious MAU update for NPD PR this week. But they will probably settle on Quantum Break being the greatest selling MS published Xbox One title mixed in with some "engagement" stats. Get ready for the number of times people Time Dodged.

FZW

I got a Quantum Break PC code and an Alan Wake 360 code selling for $30 together.

Just PM for details.

EBE

bit of a weird one but

id like to trade my code for one of the Quantum Break tins people got for preordering from some retailers

just the tin
then you could flip the code or whatever
i went digital but want a box

evgenromin

Neo Member
I just got my code and activate it for my MS account. I think we should support Remedy and buy the game in stores - not from code giveaways... Or we can lose another great studio with great future games...

I just got my code and activate it for my MS account. I think we should support Remedy and buy the game in stores - not from code giveaways... Or we can lose another great studio with great future games...

I do not think we are in any danger of losing Remedy over this. Microsoft does not own them.

Still don't have my code. Kinda bummed about it. I'd like to play on PC and not have to hook my Xbone up. Preordered the day before too.

Top Bottom