• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break is leaving Xbox Game Pass (It's now back again)

Spyxos

Gold Member
Bought Day 1 and still haven't played through it. I'm trying to finally play through it for the 3rd time. It looks great, but it's kind of dull at the same time, and the abilities look great but lack the punch. And I stopped watching the ingame series after the first episode.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
they should have had it as XBL Gold this month as a last hurray tbh... would have made XBL Gold not look as shit too "pie_tears_joy:

Yeah, but then we also thought they'll open the flood gates and put out a bunch of high profile games when they stopped putting 360 games on games w/ gold. We got Portal 2 out of it, I suppose lol.

DaGwaphics

Yeah, but then we also thought they'll open the flood gates and put out a bunch of high profile games when they stopped putting 360 games on games w/ gold. We got Portal 2 out of it, I suppose lol.

I had thought that as well, I've given up the hope now. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

There are still some interesting games they put up there though. GP is where it's at on Xbox now though, no question about that.

Power Pro

When I saw that this was leaving Game Pass, I picked up a used copy for $5. Always said I'd give it a try someday, and didn't think it was gonna leave game pass cuz it was published by Microsoft. Can't even trust that shit now I guess.

Roberts

Good news even though it doesn't really concern me as I have bought it when it came out. Will they buy music licenses again or just replace it with some stock music? Anyway, they really need to try and add 60fps option.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Anyone know if this is cross-save/buy with the Xbox PC version?
It is crossbuy and cross save with the Microsoft Store version.

But dont play the Microsoft Store version.
Remedy stopped updating it well before the Steam version and none of the "fixes" for the game work on the Microsoft Store version.
Just get the game on Steam and enjoy the experience.

Kilau

It is crossbuy and cross save with the Microsoft Store version.

I can’t find confirmation of that. It’s not listed as a play anywhere title, it launched before that was out. Has separate store listings for each version. The PC version also wasn’t ever on game pass. It is cross save though.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Everytime there is a QB thread, it made me remember that stupid Boss Fight at the end, that was travesty and still probably one of the worst designed bosses I've seen.

adamsapple

I won't trust Xbox Dynasty. They also created the "Halo Infinite costs 500 billion USD to make" rumor. Everyone beleived them and posted it like a fact until S Stinkles from 343i denied it. Sadly people will once again beleive another Xbox Dynasty rumor.

Their article says they got a direct quote from MS, so they're either just repeating that or straight up lying.

Regardless, it makes sense as like most Remedy games, there is a ton of licensed stuff, including some very prominent songs, used in the game which would definitely make sense about renewing licenses.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Everytime there is a QB thread, it made me remember that stupid Boss Fight at the end, that was travesty and still probably one of the worst designed bosses I've seen.
Its not that bad. Use the side hallways. I just did it. Just fight normal enemies and run when he uses his force bomb. Then shoot him 3x. Thats it.

Barlow

I won't trust Xbox Dynasty. They also created the "Halo Infinite costs 500 billion USD to make" rumor.
It was a rumor from Idk who from Germany.
Then we should stop making threads when there are no official statements.
You know a rumor could be wrong

Kvally

Banned
Glad to get an explanation. That's what I wanted.

Next time just do this a week earlier.
Calm Down Cool It GIF

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Once you realize the pattern it is fairly easy. I died the first few times though just trying to figure out what was going on. LOL
Same. It is a bit vague, especially the final section he adds another blast that comes behind you. But you can just keep moving in a big circle with the side hallways. Once you actually grasp it, it's pretty easy.

Kvally

Banned
Same. It is a bit vague, especially the final section he adds another blast that comes behind you. But you can just keep moving in a big circle with the side hallways. Once you actually grasp it, it's pretty easy.
I usually would have youtubed that, but I figured out the hallway trick on my own, and then it was easy as can be. I was pissed for a couple hours before I figured it out though!

adamsapple

They should keep it up there for a while just for the memory of Lance Reddick.

They will, it's only being taken down temporarily for some licensing issues and will be reinstated as soon as they're resolved. Confirmed by folks at Xbox marketing and Remedy themselves.

Last edited:
Every other person on their Twitter is asking for a 60 fps update.

This situation where these great BC games are stuck with 30 fps and low resolutions seriously needs to stop.

I hope more and more console gamers speak up to MS, Sony, and devs of other popular last gen games about this.

Console is so behind this area but it doesn't have to be. We were making progress with MS this gen until they backed out of their commitment.

* with all these games being on subscription services there is no reason not to update them!

The rediculously profitable games not on services should be upgraded simply be ause the demand is so high out of respect for their fans > I'm talking about RDR2 - Rockstar you suck

Kataploom

Gold Member
I bought it recently thinking it wasn't there, I literally looked for it on the PC app like twice last year... Weird...

LastBattle

It’s been removed. I went to boot it up this morning on Gamepass and it’s been removed 😭. I was super invested in the story and probably 3/4 or more through the game as well. Hopefully its back very soon because I have the memory of a fish and will forget the story beats quickly…

Back to Wo Long and RE4 I guess…

Top Bottom