• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahadan

I got autosave stutter, crashes at random (even with the lighting set to Low -that I have to set again everytime I launch the game btw) bosses bugging and making them unbeatable, I fell through the world twice, some people in my world being unable to enter a boss room, and a few minor glitches.

I'm mainly annoyed by the crashes and when a boss suddenly disappear or is invincible, it's annoying as fuck

Parsnip

Someone mentioned elsewhere that the Dark Souls 3 bonfire crashing is happening for people on green team with Kepler based cards, but I haven't tried to verify it so it could be bollocks. Basically anything that's older than the 9xx series.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Someone mentioned elsewhere that the Dark Souls 3 bonfire crashing is happening for people on green team with Kepler based cards, but I haven't tried to verify it so it could be bollocks. Basically anything that's older than the 9xx series.

I'm rocking a GTX 760 4GB so doesn't seem universally true at least.

Bl@de

gamesradar+ said:
“The Doom beta is already the most exciting FPS of 2016”

2096 reviews - 39% positive

tumblr_n4o89uq42j1tvlsaeo1_250.gif

Wonder how long till capcom starts aggressively slashing SFV's price to try to get more people into its micro transactions instead. Because clearly selling the game at full price isn't the way to profitability given how that's going.

I guess they would need to have their microtransaction shit in order first though.

Eternia

How is Geometry Wars 3? I liked Galaxies on mah wii back in the day.
The adventure mode has some interesting/annoying levels but it's hard to get attached to it. They did include the Geometry Wars 2 modes which is where I spent most of my time. That's all still great.

Was happening to my friend with his 780s. Turning lighting to low fixed it for him but he has to set it to low every time he enters the game I guess.

i kept hearing that people were getting crashes at the first bonfire, i guess that the scale of those issues is apparently small then.

I haven't had a single crash yet and the only issues I've had are some frame drops in some places and the save stutter at times...so it's not some buggy mess for me to this point

hopefully patches/driver updates iron out the issues as time goes by

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Wonder how long till capcom starts aggressively slashing SFV's price to try to get more people into its micro transactions instead. Because clearly selling the game at full price isn't the way to profitability given how that's going.

I guess they would need to have their microtransaction shit in order first though.

I'll bite when the price is low enough.

Fuck their microtransactions though.

Tizoc

There won't be any aggressive price slashing.
Come Summer Sale it'll go for maybe 50% off. EVO will increase interest in the game.
Besides I've ben of the notion that Capcom took the budget Sonty gave them for SF5 and funneled it into other projects like MonHun etc.

I'll bite when the price is low enough.

Fuck their microtransactions though.

The microtransactions aren't even that big an issue; I currently have enough in game currency to get 3 characters, with some time I'll be able to get all characters in the game for free, along with a few of their alt. outfits.
Much of everything offered in the game itself is free to earn by playing through he game, without need to spending anything.

Kinda disappointed with Zowie customer support. Never buying from then again. I asked for general advice previously and was ignored. Now I have a real issue they just reply "nothing we can do for you" in a casual e.mail.

At the very least I expect an out of warranty replacement service. Guess that's what I get for trusting /g/ with mouse recommendations. Won't be spending more than £10 on a mouse again.

e90Mark

Kinda disappointed with Zowie customer support. Never buying from then again. I asked for general advice previously and was ignored. Now I have a real issue they just reply "nothing we can do for you" in a casual e.mail.

At the very least I expect an out of warranty replacement service. Guess that's what I get for trusting /g/ with mouse recommendations. Won't be spending more than £10 on a mouse again.

Which product are you having issues with? Just jumped on the Zowie bandwagon and have an ec2-a coming my way.

Nothing wrong with my g502, but curiosity has the best of me.

2014 FK1, middle mouse click is double clicking.

The praise is generally pretty good until you have issues. Then I'm seeing several reports on twitter and r/mousereview of people being ignored as I have, and Facebook posts complaining about this being deleted.

There won't be any aggressive price slashing.
Come Summer Sale it'll go for maybe 50% off. EVO will increase interest in the game.
Besides I've ben of the notion that Capcom took the budget Sonty gave them for SF5 and funneled it into other projects like MonHun etc.

it's $40 on amazon right now, I can easily see it being sold for $10 somewhere before the end of the year and I'm not talking about a price glitch.

Hektor

Aaaand finished.

Took me 26 Hours, making it the shortest souls game so far.

Even though the actual graphics aren't that impressive, the atmoshere still is hella amazing. (Environmental spoilers)
http://imgur.com/a/hP6U5

The bossfights were mostly really well done and definitely harder than in DSII and BB. Whereas i've beaten the majority of bosses first try in those two, it took me an average of 3 tries per boss in DSIII. The hardest one was
King of the Storm.

Generally, the bossfights had some really cool ideas, even if a handful weren't that well executed. The designs themselfs are all amazing tho.

I thought the environments were a bit too samey for the most part but
coming back to Anor Londo
was really cool. The leveldesign seemed to be a bit more linear than the other games (Altho souls games never have been truly open natured),

Soundtrack was top notch too.

I hope that it is really going to be the last Dark Souls game, after three (or rather four if you count DeS), i'm a bit sick of the middleage setting. There is just so much you can do with it.

Will still play the DLC tho, obviously.

That's kinda going with the notion I mentioned in prior post though :p

well, if it does drop to $10 before the end of the year then that would be aggressive pricing from capcom given how they're almost Activision-like in price protecting their newer releases.

for example, the cheapest dead rising 3 has been is 14.99 according to ITAD.

AHA-Lambda

I'll crosspost from the DS3 OT

I'm early still but have just beaten
the tree
and am using a broadsword, I should probably invest in something better soon I'm guessing
So, ok 2 questions regarding weapons

1) what is the +/- number next to the base number on physical attacks?

2) what's a good weapon for me to invest in upgrade wise at this point in the game? I don't want to waste my time and resources upgrading something comparatively poor. Fanciest looking things I have so far is a Claymore and the Ithryill Straight Sword (the icy one)

In my 23 hour campaign, I had no crashes personally - But just as bad. Constant kicks to the main menu for Framerates, even when U was in the 40's.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I still can barely see a difference if any between 60 fps and 30 fps :(

I've even watched comparison videos, maybe my eyes are borked

Tizoc

well, if it does drop to $10 before the end of the year then that would be aggressive pricing from capcom given how they're almost Activision-like in price protecting their newer releases.

for example, the cheapest dead rising 3 has been is 14.99 according to ITAD.

Way I see it, Capcom aren't too worried about SF5's sales, such that I wouldn't be surprised if by now it broke even. I mean MonHun got them 2 mil in Japan, now if they bring THAT to Steam, watch it make more money than SF5 would've gotten if it did release with more single player content :V

Aaaand finished.

Took me 26 Hours, making it the shortest souls game so far.

Even though the actual graphics aren't that impressive, the atmoshere still is hella amazing. (Environmental spoilers)
http://imgur.com/a/hP6U5

Seeing all your "praise the sun" pics instantly starts this playing in my head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9gk1PGZxaE

HEY! ITS THE SUN! AND IT MAKES ME SHINE! ALL AROUND ALL AROUND!
Bah dah dah dahhh dah. Bah dah dah dahhhhhh dah. Bah dah dah dahhhhhh dah.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deadly Profits -- MB-6E2D390254B71CBF - Taken by Saty. 2 entrants total.
Cubetractor -- MB-903217DA82F46C3B - Taken by Lashley. 1 entrants total.
Why So Evil 2 -- MB-A5A5F39AAB4CA2F1 - Taken by Lashley. 1 entrants total.
ace of words -- MB-10D9296215E56CA0 - Taken by Kifimbo. 3 entrants total.

t1460739618z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Into the War -- MB-A88D8078AB8B279C - Taken by Lashley

yuraya

Its a shame R* never released Red Dead Redemption on PC. Would have been nice to have an open world western since there really isn't anything like it on Steam.

Well.. I guess New Vegas can be considered a Western but still its really not the same.

Rivitur

Banned
Its a shame R* never released Red Dead Redemption on PC. Would have been nice to have an open world western since there really isn't anything like it on Steam.

Well.. I guess New Vegas can be considered a Western but still its really not the same.
Combo pack incoming at e3

Now we know why RDR didn't get ported: THE DARKNESS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom