• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Keeper And The Soldier
505B96D20A84DF47511E1F032FAC6758CE79698D
A narrative driven puzzle platformer, inspired by real events, currently in development from Jumpbutton Studio about a young girl who stumbles across something beautiful in a world ravaged by neverending war. Keeper and the Soldier has elements of role playing and point-n-click adventure games with an emphasis on narrative, atmosphere and stealth.

Interesting artstyle, although the gameplay part doesn't look too hot from what is shown in the video linked to the greenlight page.

METAGAL
ETAGAL is an 2D platformer action game.

Player character role is play as android girl "Meta" whom tries to rescue her creator "Dr.Ray" from an evil dictator called "General Creeper" who has also captured her sister and turned them into Battle Androids in order to use them in his plan for taking over the world.

Feels a bit like a Mega Man clone to me, but my experience with Mega Man games is quite limited. Seems nice though.

Dynasty Feud
What do Warden Spirits do in their spare time?

Play Dynasty Feud, an exciting multiplayer brawler for up to 4 players, in which dynasty wardens send their most prominent warriors to fight.

More blawlers is always good, right? And this says it will have online multiplayer, not just local. Also, pretty neat art.

Shahadan

Lol I've summoned a dark spirit by mistake, lost and then "you have been invited to join the steam group Lamest Dark Souls Players, Git Gud"

Mmh... It seems FF IX might be a small success on Steam. 1st place in sales in my country (France), 2nd place Worldwide... Nearly 5k of concurrent users and already 11k sales on Steamspy for the first day.

Lol I've summoned a dark spirit by mistake, lost and then "you have been invited to join the steam group Lamest Dark Souls Players, Git Gud"

I've been invaded quite a bit when in the non-totally-dead state. Most of the duels have been pretty good, but there are some fuck ups that just bait the enemy AI into attacking me and then try to capitalize. It's kind of annoying.

I ended up chasing a guy through half the level while he just camped in a group of enemies.

I died.

Based Valve saving us from kickstarter links

t5Nb.png

Being a Cthulhu point&click adventure game is suffering.

The amount of 'game updates' being used by companies as marketing space for their other products is really disappointing and kinda troubling. Z-tier publishers with older titles are the most guilty of this; I suppose indie megahit Aldorlea Games is the easiest example.

I wish Valve stopped this abuse of their storefront. It's made the Recently Updated tab completely useless, used only for sales or marketing of older games, needlessly cluttering the storefront in a desperate bid for more attention.

Grief.exe

Mmh... It seems FF IX might be a small success on Steam. 1st place in sales in my country (France), 2nd place Worldwide... Nearly 5k of concurrent users and already 11k sales on Steamspy for the first day.

Broken record here.

No point in discussing those steamspy numbers right now, they just aren't relevant.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So today's my "Steam birthday". Damn the last 5 years feel like they've really flown by.

It also means I've obtained, on average, 1.827 games per day since my account was created. I've slowed down a lot in the past few months though.

If you ever play Dark Souls 3 and see a purple summon sign, definitely summon that person. They are there to help you or die trying.
So today's my "Steam birthday". Damn the last 5 years feel like they've really flown by.

It also means I've obtained, on average, 1.827 games per day since my account was created. I've slowed down a lot in the past few months though.

You're a couple bundles away from hitting that magic 2.000 number. Believe in yourself, jshackles! You can do it!

Ludens

Banned

Per day? Are you an arabian prince?

Tizoc

Man I am so lost in Hyper Light Drifter that it is freakin' daunting. I don't feel like I'm making any progress @_@ I started in the Right/Eastern area btw.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

The Ship: Murder Party -- MB-2FB9E649E9261928 - Taken by bloke

If you ever play Dark Souls 3 and see a purple summon sign, definitely summon that person. They are there to help you or die trying.

I was under the impression that the purple signs were the 'dueling' covenant.

Is that wrong?

---------------------------------------

I find the covenant stuff in DS3 to be pretty lame compared to previous entries. Oh sweet, I found an item and now I switch covenants whenever I want. I kind of liked the 'alter' or 'leader' approach from DS2 and DS1.

less than two games per day isn't hard :p

Not at all with all the shit-tier bundles that are flying around these days. You can get 100 awful games a week pretty easy now.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

You're a couple bundles away from hitting that magic 2.000 number. Believe in yourself, jshackles! You can do it!

I'm sure it used to be well over 2 per day. I hit 3,300 a couple months ago (Feb, I think) and I'm at 3,335 now after purchasing Final Fantasy IX yesterday.

Per day? Are you an arabian prince?

No but I used to buy absolutely every bundle released from every site that put them out. I also used to buy a lot of stuff directly on Steam after making around $600 total profit on trading cards, starting from when they were first introduced. I think there are only a handful of games in my account I actually paid full price for. It also used to be incredibly easy to buy cheap games from other regions.

Although, I used to set aside about $75 a month just for bundle purchases which, looking back on it now, seems a bit crazy. There have been a few games I've really liked that I've bought from bundles, but given the size of my budget at the time I could have easily just bought them outright even at full price.

I've learned better since, but I fell into the trap of "It's on sale, so I'm saving so much money!".

zkylon

zkylewd
I never felt too strongly about the interconnectedness. It's kinda neat, but it's always been a minor thing for me. It's also not super unique or anything — very similar to Metroid/Castlevania in structure.
it's not that it's unique, it's that they pull it off super duper well

like the world just makes sense, you go down the tomb of giants and you see lost izalith and then you go down there and look up and you can see where you came from

or how anor londo looks from the undead burg and the oolacile (can't remember the real name) forest, how you can see sen's fortress from like three different places, all of that's amazing to me

idk, i find that to be super impressive

New Dark Souls 3 patch coming Monday

CgFutZnVIAEJ0Bh.jpg:large
cool, tho i dont use any of those weapons lol

Ludens

Banned
I'm sure it used to be well over 2 per day. I hit 3,300 a couple months ago (Feb, I think) and I'm at 3,335 now after purchasing Final Fantasy IX yesterday.

No but I used to buy absolutely every bundle released from every site that put them out. I also used to buy a lot of stuff directly on Steam after making around $600 total profit on trading cards, starting from when they were first introduced. I think there are only a handful of games in my account I actually paid full price for. It also used to be incredibly easy to buy cheap games from other regions.

Although, I used to set aside about $75 a month just for bundle purchases which, looking back on it now, seems a bit crazy. There have been a few games I've really liked that I've bought from bundles, but given the size of my budget at the time I could have easily just bought them outright even at full price.

I've learned better since, but I fell into the trap of "It's on sale, so I'm saving so much money!".
Yeah but how can you buy 1800+ games per day :D
It's impossible, I think you mistyped and it was per year?

I use a greatsword +10 in DS2 and that shit is brutal with a strength build. like +600 dmg brutal.

never want to see a good weapon nerfed, like my buddy the zweihander in ds2 : /

With the amount of bundles and free games (as in, Steam key giveaways) out there, 100+ a week doesn't seem impossible.

Is that wrong?

---------------------------------------

I find the covenant stuff in DS3 to be pretty lame compared to previous entries. Oh sweet, I found an item and now I switch covenants whenever I want. I kind of liked the 'alter' or 'leader' approach from DS2 and DS1.

Duelling signs are separate from summoning co-op signs, IIRC. I think those are red? Might be wrong; I haven't tried duelling anyone.

And while I haven't seen all the covenants yet, the only bummer has been connection issues, like ice skating lag or disconnects, which hamper the experience. Other than that I've been OK with it.

does DS3 have stupid ass PvP areas where they don't even tell you it's a PvP area? Shit is mad annoying when youre one of those crazy people who wants to see all of the areas and bosses in a game and then you get some guy invading your game and soul arrowing you to death

it's not that it's unique, it's that they pull it off super duper well

like the world just makes sense, you go down the tomb of giants and you see lost izalith and then you go down there and look up and you can see where you came from

or how anor londo looks from the undead burg and the oolacile (can't remember the real name) forest, how you can see sen's fortress from like three different places, all of that's amazing to me

idk, i find that to be super impressive

Completely agree. The world in Dark Souls continues to blow me away. The scope and the way everything is connected....it's just fantastic.

I haven't found 2 or 3 (still really early) able to match this yet.

does DS3 have stupid ass PvP areas where they don't even mean it's a PvP area? Shit is mad annoying when youre one of those crazy people who wants to see all of the areas and bosses in a game and then you get some guy invading your game and soul arrowing you to death

Oh, it gets better than just DS2's clangorous covenant or gnawing covenant. Just you wait and see.

I bet you'll love it!

Jawmuncher

I'm enjoying the Game of Thrones TT so far. It's basically a playable version of the actual show, but from a new side. which I don't have a problem with.

ExoSoul

Banned

Don't do this, this is bad advice!
Purple dudes (mound-makers) only care about themselves, their only goal is to kill, no matter whom. And the more people summoned the more tempting it is for them to just go after the host otherwise they have to kill 3 phantoms. Even in fight clubs they're a wild card, more so if there's two of them.

If you do summon a purple guy check what type of summon sign it is, most likely than not it'll be a red summon sign and you should only summon them if you want 1v1 duels.

Is that wrong?

See above.

Oh, it gets better than just DS2's clangorous covenant or gnawing covenant. Just you wait and see.

I bet you'll love it!

im specifically peeved off at the Belfry section of DS2. and all just so i can kill fire versions of the gargoyles from the first game.

meh.

maybe DS3 will have snow versions of the gargoyles to keep with tradition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom