• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched Jase walk PunishedSnake through a Steam purchase. Step by step.

Earlier, my dog rolled her chest and ears in something dead that I can't locate, then got into my bed.

This is going to be a strange day, isn't it?

Kifimbo

That Indiegala bundle allowed me to finish my Magnum Opus!

bTXbZSr.jpg

It's missing one. There is a new one called Hypersensitive Bob.

Yass~! I always wanted to play The Walking Dead, almost bought it in the last summer sale.
Thanks Roboleon and happy birthday!

If you really want to count the number of bugs The Division has, it's countless.
It's depressing to see the state of the game these days. Old bugs still haven't fixed yet and we have new exploits every day.

GHG

Is steam down at the moment?

I'm having trouble logging in on my computer.

Edit: nevermind, I'm in now.

Oh no. Wbacon saw that post by jaw lol

OXMjF6R.gif

at least capcom is trying

we need to be raking Sega through the coals for their awful PC porting efforts as of late. The community passed the test with Valkyria Chronicles as far as im concerned and to see that all we got for it was a shit sonic game is really something only sega could pull off.

when even Square Enix is starting to make your frequency of PC ports look bad then you know youve fucked up

Tizoc

Oh no. Wbacon saw that post by jaw lol

OXMjF6R.gif

Which one? THe on asking for DC1 and 2 or DC3?

at least capcom is trying

we need to be raking Sega through the coals for their awful PC porting efforts as of late. The community passed the test with Valkyria Chronicles as far as im concerned and to see that all we got for it was a shit sonic game is really something only sega could pull off.

when even Square Enix is starting to make your frequency of PC ports look bad then you know youve fucked up

I dunno man, I don't see 1 game a year as being awful, least the quality of their ports is good.
You want ruffle some feathers, ruffle SEGA Japan's, and really seeing as they're fine with their financials in Japan they don't got to worry about us gaijins :V

FF9 is pretty alright

DSR works if you set your desktop to whatever resolution you want, you can even put smoothing to 100% for the feel of an SDTV.... in 4k!

Still at the beginning
Honestly, I'd much rather play PS1 3D games at low-res without any AA. The pixelation has a nice side-effect of masking low-fi assets. My brain "fills" those with much higher quality ones and it looks heaps better than at actual high-res.
No I'm not crazy.
Celebrating getting old!
How fitting of you to give away "The Walking Dead" then old man.
NinqZjd.gif

Happy birthday!
Ports and/or remasters still take significant amount of dev time and QA resources especially if we're shooting for a high caliber port like DDDA. With that said, we do have other projects already in the pipeline...we'll talk more about it in the near future. ;-)
So much in Capcom's library. Hard to choose. Okami, Dakstalkers, Marvel vs. Capcom (I know licensing, let a man dream), Ace Attorney, Onimusha, Monster Hunter.... the list goes on and on.
But honestly, people at your company must have turned their heads a wee bit at monhun clones hitting PC, right? Right?? ;)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If you really want to count the number of bugs The Division has, it's countless.
It's depressing to see the state of the game these days. Old bugs still haven't fixed yet and we have new exploits every day.

Fortunately, The Division's map is rather small. Most of the collectables are no more than 100m-200m apart.

Jawmuncher

I dunno man, I don't see 1 game a year as being awful, least the quality of their ports is good.
You want ruffle some feathers, ruffle SEGA Japan's, and really seeing as they're fine with their financials in Japan they don't got to worry about us gaijins :V

I think that one game a year is godawful given that sega has a rich backlog of games they could work on bringing to the PC and yet we got a shit sonic game that literally no one asked for. In the meantime, Square Enix has released like 40 Final Fantasies and Capcom redid 2 Resident Evil games and put Dragon's Dogma on the PC.

I'm not waiting till 2027 for Jet Set Radio Future or Panzer Dragoon Orta or Vanquish, they need to strike while the iron is hot dammit.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got in the Overwatch beta this weekend! :) What took you so long, Blizzard?

Expensive day

t613MlR.png

do you have win10 installed? if so can you play that spiderman game and tell me if it works? i see some people going the game doesn't save in win10.

Which COD has a better SP experience, BLOPS 2 or AW?

BLOPS2 is good but you'll get more out of it if you played blops1, which is game that you would get more out of if you played world at war.

AW is completely stand alone and might be the best campaign since BLOPS1. It's a fun romp.

I would say AW.

Ribeiro

Never played Blops 2, but AW was really good in that regard. Easily my favorite COD campaign from all that I have played.

Yeah, i am leaning more towards AW, the BLOPS 2 story doesnt look so good

BLOPS2 is good but you'll get more out of it if you played blops1, which is game that you would get more out of if you played world at war.

Yeah, i think i havent finished the BLOPS 1 Campain, but the WaW was one of my favorites

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got in the Overwatch beta this weekend! :) What took you so long, Blizzard?

do you have win10 installed? if so can you play that spiderman game and tell me if it works? i see some people going the game doesn't save in win10.

Yeah I noticed that too, so it had me a bit worried. I'll install it and see what the crack is.

Wok

So I wanted to play a bit with Python coding and visualize my monthly expenses in Humble bundles since the start. This is the red curve in the following graph after some smoothing (without smoothing, it is here in blue):

Basically, I was spending less in 2015, after spending a ton on $1 bundles in 2014, and then the Humble Monthly subscription made me spend my money on Humble bundles again.

The next step is to do this with my Steam purchases.

Edit: I gathered the data directly from my profile on the Humble website, and the Steam profile.

im surprised Dark Souls 3 isn't getting a ton of shit for supposedly being pretty buggy. Seems people always jump all over a major PC release being a mess at launch yet the impression that im getting is that DS3 is getting a pass

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
im surprised Dark Souls 3 isn't getting a ton of shit for supposedly being pretty buggy. Seems people always jump all over a major PC release being a mess at launch yet the impression that im getting is that DS3 is getting a pass

Well I've actually had no problems so I got nothing to complain about really.

Hektor

First time hearing this. I couldn't enter the bossroom as sunlightbro once and had to jump back to my world. Outside of that, can't remember to encounter a single bug, unless you classify some (asthetical) clipping issues as such.

Well I've actually had no problems so I got nothing to complain about really.

First time hearing this. I couldn't enter the bossroom as sunlightbro once and had to jump back to my world. Outside of that, can't remember to encounter a single bug, unless you classify some (asthetical) clipping issues as such.

Zero issues here.
i kept hearing that people were getting crashes at the first bonfire, i guess that the scale of those issues is apparently small then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom