• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Horizon: Zero Dawn delayed to early 2017

What if Zoetis is Shinobi's source?

Cg10WYBWwAAkl1K.jpg:large

SomTervo

When was the game originally meant to release? Like, November?

Why didn't they just build a few months contingency into their road map?

I understand it when delays happen a couple of months/immediately before release – you can't know shit won't work until that point, or something might go wrong – but like 7 months before release? How wrong is this going?

I understand it when delays happen a couple of months/immediately before release – you can't know shit won't work until that point, or something might go wrong – but like 7 months before release? How wrong is this going?

Nothing has been officially announced. How do we know when developers realize a game is not on track to meet a release window? I'm sure they know a LONG time before it goes public in most cases.

Auctopus

But shinobi never came here saying anything, he can say what he wants on twitter it's not his fault if someone bring it here.

Might have been an effort to smoke out leakers etc.

I am a little conflicted. I don't want Horizon to be delayed to 2017 but Shinobi seems like a really good guy so I hope he didn't get smoked out.

Do these guys lose their jobs when they get caught?.

I don't think Shinobi works in the industry, he just knows people. They can't do anything except never give him information again.

foxbeldin

I don't know if this was discussed on gaf but a few days ago, Philippe Cardon (Vice President Sony Southern Europe) was interviewed by challenges.fr and here's an interesting tidbit.

2016, une année cruciale pour PlayStation?
Pour beaucoup 2015 devait être le pic dans le cycle des consoles de 8e génération, avant d’entrer sur un plateau, une phase plus stable. Mais nous considérons que 2016 va être encore une année de croissance. Ce sera une meilleure année pour le software et une très grande année pour le hardware. Nous nous attendons à vendre encore beaucoup de consoles. Et puis il y a Uncharted 4: a Thief's End, l’événement de Sony pour cette année. C’est notre plus grosse sortie de l’année avec Gran Turismo et le grand retour de The Last Guardian. Et bien sûr, le PlayStation VR arrive.

Quick Translation

2016, an important year for PlayStation?
For many 2015 was supposed to be the peak in the 8th gen consoles cycle before going into a plateau, a more stable phase. But we consider 2016 to be a growth year. It will be a better year for the software and a great year for hardware. We expect to sell a lot of consoles. Then there's Uncharted 4 : a Thief's End, this year's big event. It's our biggest release this year with Gran Turismo and the big come back from The Last Guardian. And of course, the PSVR is on it's way.

No mention of Horizon.

source

I don't know if this was discussed on gaf but a few days ago, Philippe Cardon (Vice President Sony Southern Europe) was interviewed by challenges.fr and here's an interesting tidbit.

Quick Translation

No mention of Horizon.

source

I see no mention of Gravity Rush 2 either. It's not a "big" game though(unfortunately) so hopefully it isn't getting delayed too.

Guymelef

Quick Translation

No mention of Horizon.

source

I wouldn't read too much into this.
GT Sport is not going to be a 2016 title, also he doesn't mention GR2 or Everybody's Golf.

I could see Shinobi getting banned from GAF if he was wrong but what would it ultimately matter if "sony got to him"? It's not illegal to say that a game is releasing whenever. If he's not working for sony then what could they do?

Why would he be banned? He didn't make the thread.

Shinobi can't be banned for tweeting something out but more context from Zoetis would be appreciated.

On Horizon though, I'm still holding out for Nov 2016.
Reaaally hoping

They've only said 'target 2016' up until now I believe, and knowing it's going to be delayed 7 months before release is probably more of a case of good project management and knowing they need more time to finish it, rather than rushing to get the game finished by the end of the year.

Guys, I hate that vague stuff 'insiders' post here. Should be bannable imo.

Edit: Referring to Zoetis.

Agreed. He's been warned by mods in the past about teasing and vague-ass info. Not to backseat mod or anything, but it is irritating and actually questioning another insider's words -- whatever his cryptic post means.

Not saying he's not legit but yeah, you get my point.

GlamFM

Banned
Is the implication that Zoetis actually works on Horizon, knows better and for some reason assumes Shinobi will be banned?

Some Nobody

Tough luck on his behalf.

New news = new thread..

No but see, if he's wrong there likely won't be any consequences for him, but the person who posts the thread? Well.

If he wanted it posted he would've done it himself.

And regardless of who else shows up claiming to know stuff, Horizon is in 2017 to me until I see a full release date claiming otherwise. It just doesn't have the feel that a game releasing soon should. Where's the interviews? Where's the gameplay showing parts that aren't that same vertical slice? They've been silent mostly since the initial reveal, and most companies can't shut up about their upcoming games once they get close.

Elandyll

Banned
ohh thank god no, i would be f***** 2!

runs away!!!
Oh, so I guess Shinobi's contact/ source was smoked out I guess?

Yikes.

That, or the rumor is real and Sony wanted to announce in their own context, and Shinobi's source is pissed and won't say anything anymore....

farisr

It just doesn't have the feel that a game releasing soon should. Where's the interviews? Where's the gameplay showing parts that aren't that same vertical slice? They've been silent mostly since the initial reveal, and most companies can't shut up about their upcoming games once they get close.
If only there was this event in the middle of the year where games get a lot of attention put on them, where they wouldn't take attention away from the first 5 months worth of game releases, where they could show off a brand new area and various other aspects of the game and officially announce a release date. If only.

Is there anything worse on this forum than people supposedly with "inside" information whipping the people without "inside" information up into a frenzy with unbelievably cryptic posts?

Top Bottom