• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

Ty4on

Haha. Sadly, I'm bit confined on waiting my main scum candidates to actually show up, since I'm not scum-reading most of the people who have been active today. It's annoying.

Reminds me of Heist where I thought the same even though all the quiet ones were town :p

If the current apparent course holds and we lynch Camjo, we should think about tomorrow's vote a little bit before we do.

Or rather, I suppose the question to ask is what his flip would prove or show for today. I am not talking about just whether he is the arsonist, though naturally as next in line to die for that rile it is in the forefront of my thoughts, but rather whose interactions with or without Camjo suddenly become suspect?

Commuting home (loltrain) but I will try to look back through Camjo's posts.

I still have my suspicions re: Launch, but Nin's behaviour today (especially wrt Launch) has been really odd. Like, he jumped on the motion tracker ping, but iirc it wasn't even his ping. It was Terra's.

roytheone

Haha. Sadly, I'm bit confined on waiting my main scum candidates to actually show up, since I'm not scum-reading most of the people who have been active today. It's annoying.

While you wait Burb : what do you think of ourob if we indeed manage to lynch the arsonist today? Do you think he will keep helping us, or is there the danger he will stab us in the back if we come to close to winning? I don't want to spend a day lynching him, but there may be a time we will have to basically start to ignore him.

Slightly related : I wouldn't be surprised if launch claimed to have a drink in order to get ourob to be against lynching him.

SalvaPot

Salva, how do you feel now about Kalor not voting for you in d2 which could have done weemad, when we know both Kalor and weemad were scum.
If I was scum it made no difference to him, since we where pretty close in votes. Why did he even mentioned he would vote weemad? You could ask the same every question who didn't vote for me

And really, what would be more important than saving gf? You said it yourself, theycould have get scrafty to clean him.

I am on mobile btw, excuse any typos.

Btw. There is a way to make camjo useful. If there is a doused player, scum will kill him. If not... They'll let him live in hope he ignites.

I still think we should lynch him todau.

Ty4on

Launch, when you first received a drink at the dawn of D2 you've said that you wanted to lure out whomever gave it to you without by staying silent. One thing I tried to drag out of you were the thoughts on Xam.
In the sense of him claiming to receive the drink I did? I wasn't entirely sure what to make of that, to be honest. If it was a poisoner, I could call him out later, but then it was weird that he knew something about a role that was only briefly discussed as a possibility the day before. I chose to wait and observe.
Going by what you later clarified it seems like you suspected Xam of maybe being the poisoner. Is that correct?

I think I would be very confused when Xam claimed receiving the same thing as you, but you didn't seem to question it that much. Am I wrong? Either way, why?

Burbeting

Banned
If I was scum it made no difference to him, since we where pretty close in votes. Why did he even mentioned he would vote weemad? You could ask the same every question who didn't vote for me

And really, what would be more important than saving gf? You said it yourself, theycould have get scrafty to clean him.

I am on mobile btw, excuse any typos.

Btw. There is a way to make camjo useful. If there is a doused player, scum will kill him. If not... They'll let him live in hope he ignites.

I still think we should lynch him todau.

I assume Kalor doesn't know what the PR roles of the scum were. So he wouldn't know that weemad was the GF. If that was the case, he wouldn't know if he should prefer saving weemad or you.

Burbeting

Banned
While you wait Burb : what do you think of ourob if we indeed manage to lynch the arsonist today? Do you think he will keep helping us, or is there the danger he will stab us in the back if we come to close to winning? I don't want to spend a day lynching him, but there may be a time we will have to basically start to ignore him.

Slightly related : I wouldn't be surprised if launch claimed to have a drink in order to get ourob to be against lynching him.

Well, I always think that in the game of mafia, the player's mission is to reach their win condition, which is why Camjo's almost gamethrowing level of actions has made me confused. Obviously while reaching the win condition, player should also play fairly, and not to use cheap tactics or outright cheating.

So looking at Ouro from that perspective, right now he is definitely playing in order to reach his win condition. He has mostly sided with town, while also making it clear to scum that he is not the most important role out there, so he has minimised the chances of being Night Killed by the scum. Claiming the role in D3 made sure that the poisoner narrative would come to a stop, so that him possibly claiming later wouldn't be as problematic. For now it has worked fine for town too: He is somewhat contributive to the game, and at least not a hindrance.

But as to your question on the future... I don't know for sure. I doubt Ouro has any more information about the scum than we do, but at the same time he does not want the Town to win too early. And let's be honest, we have had a pretty decent track record so far, so moving onwards like this could pose a potential problem to him. He could try to lead us off the trail, and try to make us lynch people he secretly believes to be town.

However, as long as town has a significant majority on the game, this is not a huge issue. At this point, there is 11/16 town, assuming there is 5 non town (Ouro, Camjo + 3 Scum). So for now, we are still somewhat in the clear. Problems can arise though, if we start to reach a mylo situation, and ouro is super close to his win condition. He could vote with the scum at that situation, in the prequisite that he would reach his win condition the same night.

So it's a little complex situation. He could be potentially a liability to us later, but at this point it's not a huge problem, assuming he is what he is claiming to be. You never know if it's a scum ruse, and that the drinks would actually be a scum power (although I can't really figure out what they would actually do).

Burbeting

Banned
But if the day is going to continue to stagnate like this, turboing won't be a bad choice. There hasn't been anything very contributive since Launch-ventures.

Camjo-Z

Starting day at this time would be less than ideal for PAL pals. It's halv and hour after midnight in central :/

yea but the sooner town turbos the sooner i can stop hearing burb go "B-BUT I DONT GET IT! G-GAMETHROWING ARGLE GARGLE!"

RetroMG

Retro, would a turbo shift the day start/end time? If so, by how much?

I would probably keep the day start right where it is, unless it's a major problem. (I haven't heard complaints so far.)

9am PST is the only time I can absolutely always be available on any day of the week - That's why I chose it.

Burbeting

Banned
I would probably keep the day start right where it is, unless it's a major problem. (I haven't heard complaints so far.)

9am PST is the only time I can absolutely always be available on any day of the week - That's why I chose it.

Cool.

I'm fine ending this day then, I'm not seeing anything happening, and the people I wanted to hear don't seem to be around for a while (BSP lives in european timezone).

VOTE: Camjo-Z

RetroMG

“Okay.” Ourobolus said, “Then I think we’re all in agreement.”
They all looked around for Retro.
His seat was empty.
Swamped came rushing in. “He’s out! No questions! Camjo, come with me.”
Before anyone could respond, she grabbed Camjo’s arm, and dragged him out of the room.
From behind the closed doors, the guests heard Swamped’s voice.
“Okay. Now I’ve been nice so far, but you are going to tell me. WHERE IS TACO VALLEY!?”
“Swamped! There’s no such place, I told you! Taco Valley is just something I made up!”
“Liar! It has to be real, or else where else would you have gotten those amazing tacos!”
“They were from Taco Bell!”
“Taco… Bell?”
“Yeah! And that’s not all! Right now you can get either the Beefy Crunch Burrito or the Cheesy Double Beef Burrito for only a dollar each? Which is your favorite? Doesn’t matter! Buy both! We can eat them together oh God let me live.”
“Well. Thank you so much, Mister Kitty. I’ll eat a taco for you.”
Then there was only screaming, and the smell of burning cat hair.

Camjo-Z, aka Kingkitty the Arsonist, has been lynched!

Welcome!

Now let’s see. Your name tag says Camjo-Z, but we both know that you are Kingkitty, the Arsonist!

You are the Caterer. (That means you are a Neutral.)

Swamped invited you to the wedding all right - as the caterer. Ever since that gag in Werewolf 2 about you making those tacos she liked so much, she’s got it in her head that you’re a great cook. Never mind that you can’t tell a colander from a croquet! You’ve only ever seen two episodes of Good Eats!
But that’s okay. She’s forgotten the other thing - the thing that you really learned in that game.
You LOVE fire. And you don’t just want to take out the paltry handful of people you burned in Werewolf 2. You want to create a glorious blaze. You want to take them ALL out.

Each night, you must douse a player (regardless of proximity) in gasoline by PMing RetroMG the command DOUSE: <PLAYER> The player will be informed that they have been doused.
You win when you have doused every remaining player in the game. At that time, you will be the sole winner of the game.
You may ignite your doused victims twice during the course of the game by PMing RetroMG with the command &#8220;BURN BABBY BURN&#8221; During this night you will not be able (or required) to douse anyone. You may not claim victory if you do not have any charges left. Please be sure to save one for the end.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Game Thread is here
Good luck, Kingkitty!

Day 4 has ended.

Day 5 will begin in:
gra_1462982400.png

RetroMG

“And wake up.” Retro’s voice rang out through the hall.
Everyone opened their eyes.
“Where the hell were you last night?” Xamtheking demanded, scowling at Retro.
“Don’t you worry about where I was last night.” Retro scowled back. “I had stuff to do.”
“Shut up, Xam.” Ouro cut over the younger man, who was clearly about to retort. “Who died last night?”
Retro’s face slowly spread into a smile. “No one.”
“Come again?” Ty4on asked, staring at Retro.
Retro shook his head. “It was a perfectly peaceful night.”

No one died during the night.

Day 5 begins
K84tnhp.png

(Note: Nin's new avatar is really hard to see on the map, so I'm leaving his old one there.)

Day 5 will end:
gra_1463241600.png

Top Bottom