• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

SalvaPot

VOTE: SalvaPot

Instead of discussing imo a little bit irrelevant plot threads, like the drinks, come and scum hunt with me. What are your thoughts on stuff, especially how D2 played out in the light of Weemad being scum, and Kalor being hidden partner.

Sorry I don't have time to read through the last few pages, since I am with my parents and they are waiting me for breakfast, but I saw this and I can link to my response to this, since I still find it stupid you keep ignoring all my posts and pretending I am coasting when that is not the case:

You jerks tried to lynch me again while I was away.

But I'll forgive you since you got scum instead, nice job town!

Anyway, I think the drink guy is actually a neutral and might be inoffensive, similar to the cow lick. This is going to sound silly but I think it might be a role like cabot and his objective is to get everyone in the party to drink a nice glass of refreshing alcohol and get drunk with him, and he wins when he gets a certain number of players to drink.

As for the arsonist, sounds like our neutral killer to me, I wonder what flavor of arsonist is and if he can douse/ignite an unlimited number of times, or if he only has one chance to ignite everyone else.

As for those who voted for me, yes I think there is obviously a few scum players there for sure and I think Xam's switch at the end is the most suspicious of them all, since he had already had his vote on me and by that moment it was mostly symbolic, of course he could also might wanted to avoid a tie.,,

Also, apology accepted Terra.

So a few highlights of what I missed last day end.

This one was in response of Kalor voting RobotNinjaHornets. After this kalor unvoted and apologized.

Here launch adds himself to the kalor vote, but mentioning his suspicions on weemad.

I completely missed this claim the first time around, there was very little focus on it.

Here was the vote count as of this moment, this will give context to the following posts

There was a sudden surge of votes against me, Burb pointed it out and roy agreed.

By this moment:
weemadarthur (4)
xamtheking 652 (762)
czartim 805 (1138)

scraftydevil 883
czartim 1155
burbeting 1214
nin1000 1252

salvapot (5)
terrabyte20xx 830
burbeting 1026 (1214)
ourobolus 1198
fireblend 1205
launchpadmcq 1236
xamtheking 1238

Nin with the clutch defense on me.

Terra with the vital vote switch. I think this one was vital because it was 100% him trusting nin, so now I am sure to believe terra is town. Sorry about piling on you yesterday.

7:57am
weemadarthur (5)
salvapot (4)

7:57am
weemadarthur (6)
salvapot (4)

7:58am
weemadarthur (6)
salvapot (5)

By this point xam already had his vote on me, so he couldn't just tie.

7:58am
weemadarthur (7)
salvapot (4)

Well that was close.

Also present and didn't changed votes at the last second:
Camjo-Z
Ty4on
LaunchpadMcQ

I'll get to post more about this on my next post.

Lets see:
-Bronx was cleaned by scrafty (RIP).
-Terras, Nin and Absolutbro voted at a crucial time to nail down weemad, without really knowing if I was town or not. This makes this 3 my top town player, aside cleaned
-I, SalvaPot, am still not clean. I really appreciate nin's trust in me, and if he somehow was able to check my alignment I'll rather him not reveal how. But knowing nin, I am sure he knows me enough to realize I am town, and it was not with the help of an action.
-Launch has the 1-shot scrambler claim.
-Kalor has the commuter claim.

I think the early vote of czar and burb on weemad also puts them in my nice list, specially burb. I still feel iffy about czar.

Let's try to tier the suspects:

Shiny Clean
02. Bronx-man [m] (Gossiper)
14. Salvapot [m] (Because dat me)

Masters of the hammer
15. Terrabyte20xx [m]
01. AbsolutBro [m]
10. Nin1000 [m]

Early voters
04. Burbeting [m]
06. CzarTim [m]

Switched at the very last minute as a symbolic gesture?
18. Xamtheking [m]

Didn't try to save weemad
17. Ty4on [m]
05. Camjo-Z [m]
09. LaunchpadMcQ [m]

Antagonizer, mentioned wanted to vote him but wanted to avoid a tie
08. Kalor [m]

Away, Neutral or indifferent at the moment
03. BananaSpacePrincess [f]
07. Fireblend [m]
11. Ourobolus [m]
12. RobotNinjaHornets [m]
13. Roytheone [m]
16. Timeaisis [m]

I think we should look into RNH, I am suspicious of the way weemad went out of his way to have Kalor unvote him. Seemed to me like he tried to avoid a teammate gaining traction.

Vote: RobotNinjaHornets

If I missed anything important, let me know.

Ourobolus

Banned
spooky mod post
Ergo
Launch's seat swap wouldn't have been altered by Night End Swap

Dude, what are you smoking.

What Retro said was that the Mod Swap happens at Day Start. So if Launch swapped people, then it went just as I said:

Launch swapped people -> Everyone took their actions -> The mods RNG'd the tables

SalvaPot

Oh, and I keep missing day ends because... that is the time when I am usually asleep, today I am early because my parents woke me, but I usually wake up much much later.

Ourobolus

Banned

What Retro said was that the Mod Swap happens at Day Start. So if Launch swapped people, then it went just as I said:

Launch swapped people -> Everyone took their actions -> The mods RNG'd the tables

The D2 map is the result AFTER the mod RNG. How are you not getting this

Launch's alleged swap counts as a night action, no?
And the Mod Swap doesn't have any affect on the prior night's actions, right?

Ourobolus

Banned
Launch's alleged swap counts as a night action, no?
And the Mod Swap doesn't have any affect on the prior night's actions, right?

At this point I'm totally confused as to what the hell your point is, Xam.

You said,

Kk so
If you were telling the truth, your action comes before all other actions at night, which means the map would be swapped and then not changed at the start of the day by the daily-modswap.
This means that the Start D2 Map was the result of your power going off
Let's take a gander

Since I still got a drink after your power, one of the two pairings I was in must have been targeted, no?
Now I have class for a tiny bit but will be back

Which, no. The Start D2 Map was the result of Launch's power going off, people doing their actions, and THEN mod RNG. So you only see the end result, not whatever the hell Launch did.

Burbeting

Banned
Salva, how do you feel now about Kalor not voting for you in d2 which could have done weemad, when we know both Kalor and weemad were scum.

Why didn't you tell in d2, Launch?

I just said I wasn't sure what to think. You'll have to be more specific. I thought it was reasonable to keep it hidden, like I was withholding valuable information from a poisoner. It didn't mesh very well, I'll admit, considering there were two drinks passed out.

It looks a heck of a lot worse now than it would have if you had just claimed it up front, which actually would have cleared you.

what douse am I lying about btw? is it the hyper one? because i already cleared that up

Yeah, ok, I told you why I did it. By the time I realized the mistake, it was already too late to come forward.

No, you really didn't. None of that really makes sense.

Burbeting

Banned
Xam had claimed to have received drink n1. You telling as well would have cleared air on the poisoner narrative, since no poisoner can poison two in a single night.

At this point I'm totally confused as to what the hell your point is, Xam.

You said,

Which, no. The Start D2 Map was the result of Launch's power going off, people doing their actions, and THEN mod RNG. So you only see the end result, not whatever the hell Launch did.
Ouro
You are talking to a seat-swapping role
I know this stuff

I just said I wasn't sure what to think. You'll have to be more specific. I thought it was reasonable to keep it hidden, like I was withholding valuable information from a poisoner. It didn't mesh very well, I'll admit, considering there were two drinks passed out.

Yeah, ok, I told you why I did it. By the time I realized the mistake, it was already too late to come forward.

I think my 2nd or 3rd post on D2 was about the drink
You had all the time in the world
All of it

Xam had claimed to have received drink n1. You telling as well would have cleared air on the poisoner narrative, since no poisoner can poison two in a single night.

I didn't reason it like that in my head.

I think my 2nd or 3rd post on D2 was about the drink
You had all the time in the world
All of it

This is the second time you're disagreeing with me on my actions. It doesn't make me scum.

RE: the douse, Camjo is most definitely lying
Based on?

Whatever his reasoning, and whatever the protracted arguments Launch and I have had previously, we at least agree on one thing:

Camjo's death most benefits town right now. We cannot be 100% sure anyone else is scum. We can be sure that the arsonist claimed and has doused two people already. Even if we agree to his bargain, there is nothing stopping him from torching two people, which works out in Scum's interest unless one of them is scum. Ouro has claimed neutral, which I believe, and Roy doesnt read as scum to me. We simply cannot risk losing two players + the NK in one go.

WRT: Launch and the drink - it was a ploy that didnt pan out, these things happen. I still think Launch is lying about his role though. If Terra saw movement on Launch last night (N3), Launch getting the drink STILL does NOT explain the movement around Launch last night.

WRT: Scum options. I would really like to see more from BananaSpacePrincess or Time. I realize I do not have a lot of room to call people out for inactivity, and that time zone issues may be at play, but I feel like we could be getting more.

So...

Vote: Camjo-z

Sorry man, you are simply a risk we cannot take. There is also the slightly more selfish reason of your role PM proving finally that I am not the damn arsonist.

But you said you wanted to try to bait someone out
When I claimed I got a drink
That would have gone out the window

Not necessarily. There was no way to anticipate how the drink person would react. I wanted to see it play out. I just needed to watch out for someone acting like he knew something that everyone else didn't. I thought it'd be a good "gotcha," but it wasn't.

Not necessarily. There was no way to anticipate how the drink person would react. I wanted to see it play out. I just needed to watch out for someone acting like he knew something that everyone else didn't. I thought it'd be a good "gotcha," but it wasn't.
Yeah but you don't care about gotchas based on your behavior with your supposed role and the random aspect of it

Camjo-Z

Well, now town's options are to either lynch you or wait for Ouro to leave the game to confirm your alignment, since maf won't kill you as you're suspicious and one-shot. It seems more like you revealed it just now as a way to get people off your tail than anything else.

And yea I did. Hyper chose to douse self, was told he couldn't do that, but did not send in alternate command. Roy picked through RNG by moderator. Very simple. And unlike your situation, there are many better ways I could have lied about that douse if I wanted to. But alas, it's the truth.

Sorry man, you are simply a risk we cannot take. There is also the slightly more selfish reason of your role PM proving finally that I am not the damn arsonist.

The only person who thinks you're arsonist is Launch and everybody knows he's wrong. Also, I already said I'm not gonna torch people anymore, so chill out. It's not like I can joint with mafia since they'd have to nightkill me and win, so the only thing I'd gain from igniting is... to be petty, I guess?

Because I didn't see it in one scenario means I shouldn't have in the other? ok.

You might not have realized, but I'm not exactly the best mafia player.
Lol
I'm about 500x worse
Plz
Also, we can't even prove you got a drink either, unless Ouro was notified.
This could all be madeup after the fact

Well, now town's options are to either lynch you or wait for Ouro to leave the game to confirm your alignment, since maf won't kill you as you're suspicious and one-shot. It seems more like you revealed it just now as a way to get people off your tail than anything else.

And yea I did. Hyper chose to douse self, was told he couldn't do that, but did not send in alternate command. Roy picked through RNG by moderator. Very simple. And unlike your situation, there are many better ways I could have lied about that douse if I wanted to. But alas, it's the truth.

The only person who thinks you're arsonist is Launch and everybody knows he's wrong. Also, I already said I'm not gonna torch people anymore, so chill out. It's not like I can joint with mafia since they'd have to nightkill me and win, so the only thing I'd gain from igniting is... to be petty, I guess?

Even if I'm 90% likely to be scum at this point, you're still the best lynch. You tried to ignite last night. What did you think would happen when you admitted that after saying you were never going to kill people? lol

Lol
I'm about 500x worse
Plz
Also, we can't even prove you got a drink either, unless Ouro was notified.
This could all be madeup after the fact

That is a possibility, yes. You're willing to bet on something I could be lying about, when Camjo's truth is much more dangerous?

Ourobolus

Banned
The only notifications I get are:

- That my action occurred during the night (i.e. I got a round of drinks, but not telling me to whom they went)
- If I somehow made myself drink, which would be the same PMs you guys all get

Even if I'm 90% likely to be scum at this point, you're still the best lynch. You tried to ignite last night. What did you think would happen when you admitted that after saying you were never going to kill people? lol

That is a possibility, yes. You're willing to bet on something I could be lying about, when Camjo's truth is much more dangerous?
I lynch liars
Not truth-tellers

Walk us through this a bit more. You're notified of a drink and see Xam claiming it as well. What did you think of that?

I'm thinking, maybe the person passing them out starts to wonder why no one has claimed to receive the other drink. Maybe they start fishing, maybe I can call someone out on it and see where that goes. Maybe they start wondering if things didn't go as planned, and maybe if that trigger thing I talked about a while back or some similar situation is in play, then maybe they delay it (although admittedly, it wasn't a fully formed idea at that point.)

And while I am largely inclined to believe you, the simple fact is that we have no way to guarantee it. You admitted to trying to ignite last night, though you say you previously believed Ouro to be scum, but what if you start getting scum vibes from Roy?

The only notifications I get are:

- That my action occurred during the night (i.e. I got a round of drinks, but not telling me to whom they went)
- If I somehow made myself drink, which would be the same PMs you guys all get
So how can we even prove Launch got a drink

Camjo-Z

jesus christ did you even read what I said

I was going to ignite instead of douse last night because everybody would assume that I'm a three-target arsonist otherwise. I would have literally no chance of convincing anybody that I want to joint with town when I have three doused targets. Also, I didn't trust Ouro at the time, so I figured he was a safe kill.

Now that I've claimed, I literally gain nothing from igniting anymore. If I ignite, I will be lynched. I can't joint with mafia because they will be forced to nightkill in the event of a "stalemate", I can only attempt it with town. There is no scenario where I can kill all townies and win, and thus I have no reason to ignite anyone anymore other than to piss people off, which would be lame.

jesus christ did you even read what I said

I was going to ignite instead of douse last night because everybody would assume that I'm a three-target arsonist otherwise. I would have literally no chance of convincing anybody that I want to joint with town when I have three doused targets. Also, I didn't trust Ouro at the time, so I figured he was a safe kill.

Now that I've claimed, I literally gain nothing from igniting anymore. If I ignite, I will be lynched. I can't joint with mafia because they will be forced to nightkill in the event of a "stalemate", I can only attempt it with town. There is no scenario where I can kill all townies and win, and thus I have no reason to ignite anyone anymore other than to piss people off, which would be lame.

Again, you're talking about people like your reads matter. You're neutral and you're saying you care about alignment?

Again, you're talking about people like your reads matter. You're neutral and you're saying you care about alignment?
Even if a neutral is good at not getting lynched, he (normally) can't protect himself from scum, so it can benefit him to kill scum if he can to stay alive longer

Ty4on

I'm thinking, maybe the person passing them out starts to wonder why no one has claimed to receive the other drink. Maybe they start fishing, maybe I can call someone out on it and see where that goes. Maybe they start wondering if things didn't go as planned, and maybe if that trigger thing I talked about a while back or some similar situation is in play, then maybe they delay it (although admittedly, it wasn't a fully formed idea at that point.)
So you weren't suspicious of Xam for receiving the same thing?

RetroMG

Current votes:

camjo-z (8) WARNING: 1 VOTE TO MAJORITY. TURBO IMMINENT.
ourobolus 2359
launchpadmcq 2360
timeaisis 2372
roytheone 2408
bananaspaceprincess 2410
nin1000 2413 (2461)
camjo-z 2525 (2631)
xamtheking 2572 (2622)
czartim 2574 (2591)
nin1000 2617
czartim 2633
absolutbro 2818

launchpadmcq (3)
terrabyte20xx 2275
nin1000 2343 (2413)
absolutbro 2364 (2818)
xamtheking 2622
camjo-z 2631

bananaspaceprincess (1)
burbeting 2327 (2708)
seath 2569

seath (1)
ty4on 2459
czartim 2460 (2565)
nin1000 2461 (2617)

salvapot (1)
burbeting 2708

timeasis (0)
nin1000 2291 (2343)

absolutbro (0)
launchpadmcq 2296 (2360)

czartim (0)
xamtheking 2315 (2572)

The following players do not have an active vote:
Fireblend
Salvapot

Kevyt

So Launch pretty much outed his role? Unless he's lying.

I do agree most with Ty4on, and Absolutbro. I think since this game is in a little bit of a gridlock, scum keeping the arsonist alive makes the most sense. Why is that? Because there's only two or three scum, then the arsonist would do their dirty work. Essentially two night kills wouldn't be good for town, and given that we have players who have been doused already.

I really don't see how a serial killer is helpful this early of the game. End game? Maybe but that's stretching it out a little bit.

@camjo-z, who are your top scum and why?

So you weren't suspicious of Xam for receiving the same thing?

In the sense of him claiming to receive the drink I did? I wasn't entirely sure what to make of that, to be honest. If it was a poisoner, I could call him out later, but then it was weird that he knew something about a role that was only briefly discussed as a possibility the day before. I chose to wait and observe.

Burbeting

Banned
Camjo, honest question.

Do you think you can still reach your win condition?

That has been bugging me this whole day. Claiming arsonist with a win condition like that makes it literally impossible for you to win imo. And well, I always assume players play the game with the goal to reach their win condition, I guess. It's part of the game.

Camjo, honest question.

That has been bugging me this whole day. Claiming arsonist with a win condition like that makes it literally impossible for you to win imo. And well, I always assume players play the game with the goal to reach their win condition, I guess. It's part of the game.
He said he can only if he works with town

Camjo-Z

Camjo, honest question.

My legit win condition? No. A joke stalemate condition where town and arso win together only because mafia lost harder? Yes.

@camjo-z, who are your top scum and why?

Right now? Launch, because he waited until just now to "confirm" himself.

Top Bottom