• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

FUNKNOWN iXi
The Purple Troll
(Today, 01:45 PM)
image.php

It was officially announced by Toei via twitter and FB today, doesn't count as a spoiler unless you're not caught up.
I stay away from these things, like movie trailers and next week's preview because they unnecessarily spoil too much.

"Next time on Dragon Ball Z Goku goes Super Saiyan and defeats Frieza!"

Could have just PM'd him. What's done is done, just don't let it happen again unless you want to get cut.

I stay away from these things, like movie trailers and next week's preview because they unnecessarily spoil too much.

"Next time on Dragon Ball Z Goku goes Super Saiyan and defeats Frieza!"

Could have just PM'd him. What's done is done, just don't let it happen again unless you want to get cut.

I understand your view, but I still don't consider it as one seeing as it was from an official outlet. but its cool I'll drop it.

I understand your view, but I still don't consider it as one seeing as it was from an official outlet. but its cool I'll drop it.
Yeah I hear ya, I'm anal when it comes to spoilers for entertainment I'm interested in lol. Just didn't want Welfare to come in here dropping some other info that would further blow my mind ;b

Glass

Love the idea of an alpha zombie, and all the effects look great. Can't wait to see all the new maps, dev and forge alike.

TCKaos

Just JIP'd into a Warzone Assault game with less than 10 seconds on the clock.

wat

Love the idea of an alpha zombie, and all the effects look great. Can't wait to see all the new maps, dev and forge alike.

Weren't Alpha Zombies in Halo 3?

Fuchsdh

Just JIP'd into a Warzone Assault game with less than 10 seconds on the clock.

wat

Weren't Alpha Zombies in Halo 3?

I don't think they actually conveyed any difference, at least in stock gametypes. Mighta' in Reach and 4 tho, I can't remember.

If infection was something brand new to halo, brought to us from Halo 5, then I think there would have been more discussion.

At this point, to me, it just seems like catch up with their redone engine.

Even when firefight comes, I don't think I'll see a lot of buzz and hype around it as it's not something really new and fresh.

Im still excited but there isn't much for me to discuss about infection as it's niche like grifball.

Idk maybe I'm just a bad person.

BraXzy

If infection was something brand new to halo, brought to us from Halo 5, then I think there would have been more discussion.

Even when firefight comes, I don't think I'll see a lot of buzz and hype around it as it's not something really new and fresh.

Im still excited but there isn't much for me to discuss about infection as it's niche like grifball.

You're just a bad person.
You're not wrong either, though :(

singhr1

Na, you're right. It's old-school infection with minor changes. It's nice to have back and I'll jump in once in a while but its not for me.

I want to see some of the Forge maps they are using for it. We've seen some great (aesthetically) Infection maps.

Won't be much activity here until Wednesday's livestream so we can complain about the often trainwreck production with audio mixing replicating that of an individual's acoustic neuroma.

I'm happy for infection but I really just want more maps, forged or from scratch, for arena. Frankie can you secretly put 10 new maps into the cycle for us?

For once G0SU isn't wrong.

Mountain Time GOAT confirmed.

Also, just opened 75 Gold packs (still have like 200k RP left so plenty remaining for update). I shit you not, grand total of 4 phaetons, 1 Nornfang, zero Hannibal vehicles, 1 Dying Star. Like, it's so goddamn stingy. Got a bunch of speed boosts though, so gonna go nuts with those before the update drops one last time.

Ugh warzone assault is so inconsistent with leveling up. 18 kills. Top for both teams and somehow I barely get to req level 6 a minute or two before the 3rd round ends. Um okay...

Just wanted to stop in for a second here and say hello and good bye!

Halo 5 was the one. A very solid FPS, but it's just too far from what I'm looking for in a Halo. Halo will never be Halo again.

I'm finding less and less time these days to game and haven't really played Halo since January. Sold my Xbone last week.

I had a lot of fun becoming such great friends with you all (Or at least anyone who was part of older groups and remembers me) Many good times were had in MM and customs.

Hopefully see you around, when we ever find the time.

So now my profile is down on XboxClips and XboxDVR is down completely. I'm at such a loss as to what the hell is going on lately.

Feels like I'm being shown the door...with a swift kick in the ass and guts to boot.

2uWDhQI.jpg

Your thread is cursed, I cannot find a game anymore, yesterday I couldn't find a game in any playlist at 2pm and I'm having the same problem right now at 12:50pm Sydney time.

I mean... I really want to play halo 5, i like it, I'm lvl 144, it's the best halo ever.
But I simply cannot get a game, if this continues I'll have no choice but to move on.

Halo 5 was the one. A very solid FPS, but it's just too far from what I'm looking for in a Halo. Halo will never be Halo again.

I'm finding less and less time these days to game and haven't really played Halo since January. Sold my Xbone last week.

I had a lot of fun becoming such great friends with you all (Or at least anyone who was part of older groups and remembers me) Many good times were had in MM and customs.

GG, Juices. You'll be missed.

#goodbyejuices well miss youuuuuuuu

BraXzy

#HIRE HUGJUICES

Spartans never die, they're just MIA. Godspeed.

Karl2177

testsession-20150514-small.png

ForgeGAF test session; Saturday May 14, 2016 @ 1PM EDT(5PM GMT)

So there are a handful of maps that the community has been working on and this is our chance to get some more playtest data. The three maps shown in the banner are the three maps I will be focusing on for this session, but more can and possibly will be played. For the three focus maps, I will be running 3-4 matches on them. The first will be Slayer, just to get people oriented with the maps. The remaining gametypes will be chosen by the map author(whom I will be contacting tomorrow[5/10]).

condemnedalpha.png
The first map is Condemned Alpha by JDHarbs. It's a remake of Condemned from Halo Reach. There are only a few differences from the original version but the most notable is the interior room no longer having decreased gravity.

ethereal.png
The second is Ethereal 1.1 by Sikamikanico. It's an original design with architecture loosely inspired by Halo CE. It uses long sightlines and unique angles to provide a different spin on Halo 5's gameplay.

intercession.png
The third is Intercession Bravo by Karl2177. It's a remake of a Forge map that he made in Halo 4 with some slight modifications for Halo 5's faster gameplay. It uses a variety of jumps that can give skilled players advantages.

So there are going to be anywhere from 5-7 slots available for you guys. I just ask that you respond to this post if you are planning on attending. There will also be alternate slots in case there are no shows. I will reserve 2 slots for the map authors so that way they can bookmark the film themselves, but if they decline the spot will open up. These spots are on a first come first serve basis.

1. Karl2177
2. [Sikamikanico]
3. [JDHarbs]

Alternates
13+.

Haruko

Up4405p.gif

take care, juices

Blueblur1

I don't think I've played a match of Halo with you since Halo 3 (or early days of Reach?). In any case, play other games and have fun. Maybe later one your tastes will change and will align with Halo again.

Madness

I can share Juices' sentiments. MCC not working really killed something in me regarding gaming. I haven't played as much Halo 5 as I would like. And if I don't play Halo 5, I am not really playing anything else. Probably talk more about Halo than play it and even then I just don't really have much to say anymore.

TCKaos

RIP juices. We still love you.

Speaking of motherfuckers dyin', tragedy struck GAFCOM tonight. On two separate missions we lost the following Spartans:
  • Jun-A266
  • Emile-A239
  • Fata1moose
  • Zoso Achilles
  • Macho Man Randy Savage
Jun died in the line of duty defending an evac point so that Carter, Jorge and Emile could escape. His body was recovered, as was the VigilantEye rifle. Emile, Fata1moode, Zoso and Macho Man were lost in a squad wipe attempting to halt an ADVENT attack on a civilian outpost. Their bodies could not be recovered, but they were given a full ceremony none-the-less.

heckfu

Banned

#istandwithjuices

BraXzy

I can share Juices' sentiments. MCC not working really killed something in me regarding gaming. I haven't played as much Halo 5 as I would like. And if I don't play Halo 5, I am not really playing anything else. Probably talk more about Halo than play it and even then I just don't really have much to say anymore.

I've certainly been waffling about it more than playing it. But I've not lost love for games in general, I've played over 30 this year so far :D

RIP juices. We still love you.

Speaking of motherfuckers dyin', tragedy struck GAFCOM tonight. On two separate missions we lost the following Spartans:
  • Jun-A266
  • Emile-A239
  • Fata1moose
  • Zoso Achilles
  • Macho Man Randy Savage

Damn, that's a lot of casualties. Are you sure G0SU isn't in there somewhere? He outlived Fata1? Rip.

Top Bottom