• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

You also had Jun's rifle. Regardless, your performance is pretty consistently top-notch.

Just like in Halo 5.

In b4 Forerunner and Fata1moose have a hay day.

Glass

I have a friend who often experiences lag when playing Halo 5. He didn't have this issue back on the 360, but for some reason he lags terribly every now and then. He tells me his internet everywhere else throughout his house works fine and its only with Xbox One multiplayer games. Anyone know any remedies to this issue?

I'm no expert, but tell him to make sure his NAT is set to Open. Under Settings > Profile I think.

I think we get another warzone map for Hog Wild with a bunch of wild hog ai running around.

Probably a bunch of warthogs skins and hannibal versions, hyped for race though. They better make it a playlist. I loved some GTA4 racing

Also wonder if they will take defend the garage/fortress/whatever into a quasi h3 odst firefight.

Probably a bunch of warthogs skins and hannibal versions, hyped for race though. They better make it a playlist. I loved some GTA4 racing

Also wonder if they will take defend the garage/fortress/whatever into a quasi h3 odst firefight.

Race was pretty fun. I remember being on the back of a Mongoose equipped with the rocket launcher.

i always lost and ended up never playing it again.....

In other
not so new
news arena sucks for RP. I know its not anything new but, seriously, I used another legendary RP boost and then a rare RP boost only to get 2500 req points total. 343 needs to fix that shit or just take req points completely out of arena games. Its stupid to think or hope you might get a nice little boost using those RP boosts but they end up being a slap in the face tease instead.

Okay now you can carry on with your daily gaf routines. Cheerio.

In other
not so new
news arena sucks for RP. I know its not anything new but, seriously, I used another legendary RP boost and then a rare RP boost only to get 2500 req points total. 343 needs to fix that shit or just take req points completely out of arena games. Its stupid to think or hope you might get a nice little boost using those RP boosts but they end up being a slap in the face tease instead.

Okay now you can carry on with your daily gaf routines. Cheerio.

Yeah the REQ you get from arena games are laughable. Used a legendary like you, only got 1300 total....................

Really trying to push me to warzone assault to farm reqs at a quicker pace.....

I have been playing Arena more often, and when I look at the RP I get, I only want to get back to WZA (even though I have more fun in Arena).
It really sucks.

Ryde3

The XP and RP for arena are laughable.

Ya it is, I play majority of the time in Arena, and I'm level 96, and I run into guys with equal playing time across Warzone/Arena but they're like level 150 haha.

I refuse to be sucked into Warzone for the RP/XP!

btw placements are def getting tougher imo, placed Plat 1 this season *sigh*

Hate when I'm in the worst mindset to play halo and because of it just everything feels off. Want to play to get some practice before the update comes out but at this rate don't feel up to it at all.

Yeah the REQ you get from arena games are laughable. Used a legendary like you, only got 1300 total....................

Really trying to push me to warzone assault to farm reqs at a quicker pace.....
It wouldn't bother me but the rarity for legendary and ultra rare RP boosts are exactly the same for both arena and warzone. So why the discrepancy in points awarded? You still get roughly 500 to 1000 req points for an Arena game, which is not quite half of what you get in warzone normally. But the arena RP boosts give you 1/10th of the what you get for a wx boost. Doesn't make sense.

Fuchsdh

It wouldn't bother me but the rarity for legendary and ultra rare RP boosts are exactly the same for both arena and warzone. So why the discrepancy in points awarded? You still get roughly 500 to 1000 req points for an Arena game, which is not quite half of what you get in warzone normally. But the arena RP boosts give you 1/10th of the what you get for a wx boost. Doesn't make sense.

At least for me I end up with way more arena XP and RP boosts, despite playing more Warzone.

The rate at which you earn XP and RP in arena seems comparable to Warzone if you account for how short the matches are typically...

WZ assault can end in 6 minutes. 1,300RP

Arena games, rarely are finished under 6 minutes. 300-600RP
Arena games, on average most likely last 10-12 minutes that provide maybe 800ishRP

The boost will make Warzone payout a lot higher than any Arena boost you get. It's Fact.

The XP and RP for arena are laughable.

This is too true, even compared to warzone it makes no sense why it's so little at times, cause a fast 6 minutes gives around 1,200 req points but a very long arena match of ctf or something only gives you at best 1000 req points. Wish that was the norm and I don't mind levels too much because I find lvl 80 pretty respectable.

Also side note cause it finally happened but I'm no longer a junior member yay
now I hope I don't do something stupid and reverse that or get banned

Trup1aya

WZ assault can end in 6 minutes. 1,300RP

Arena games, rarely are finished under 6 minutes. 300-600RP
Arena games, on average most likely last 10-12 minutes that provide maybe 800ishRP

The boost will make Warzone payout a lot higher than any Arena boost you get. It's Fact.

Why compare a best case scenario to an average?

Yeah WZA CAN end in 6 min, but the average game is going to be longer than that.

I mean, a CTF game CAN be over in under 2min...

The quickest way to earn RP is to grind SWAT.

Yeah WZA CAN end in 6 min, but the average game is going to be longer than that.

How quick are swat games? I may have to try that. I'm not typically a big swat person.

Trup1aya

How quick are swat games? I may have to try that. I'm not typically a big swat person.

Swat games seem to consistently last under 5 min, and yield about 800 RP. 160RP/m

WZA can get you 1300RP in as little as 6minute, but it will most likely take 12-18minutes 72-108 RP/m with the occassional 216RP/m game

If I'm in a full party, I'd go the WZA route. Otherwise the SWAT route is most consistent.

I also think there's less downtime between swat matches... But can't confirm that.

I hate swat

I was comparing it by time. Not best case scenario. I've had way more games in WZA end at 6mins than any arena game end under 3 minutes. Plus WZA is consistent, you always get.. WZA......

Don't try and act like all 85% of your ctf games end under 3 minutes. plus you dont even get ctf every time you queue Arena.... What about strongholds? slayer? assault? and yea, 85% of the time i've played WZA i can say it has been that short - win or loss.

Nah, i stand by the quickest way to earn RP is Warzone Assault - guaranteed 1300 win or lose and can end it in 6 minutes because of the timer. And i dont even need a boost to get that much!

I'm sad I'm gonna miss the reveal stream tomorrow because I have to do training for my new job. Hopefully they get archived soon.

On the bright side, I now have a job after almost a year of unemployment lol

jem0208

The changes they made to Overgrowth have improved it immensely.

It's actually not terrible in slayer now, it's still not great but it's playable.

Nah, i stand by the quickest way to earn RP is Warzone Assault - guaranteed 1300 win or lose and can end it in 6 minutes because of the timer. And i dont even need a boost to get that much!
Can confirm. I was done with my REQ's early on because I grinded the shit out of WZA. Easily the fastest way to earn RP with minimal effort.

Trup1aya

I was comparing it by time. Not best case scenario. I've had way more games in WZA end at 6mins than any arena game end under 3 minutes. Plus WZA is consistent, you always get.. WZA......

Don't try and act like all 85% of your ctf games end under 3 minutes. plus you dont even get ctf every time you queue Arena.... What about strongholds? slayer? assault? and yea, 85% of the time i've played WZA i can say it has been that short - win or loss.

I'm saying 6min is the best case scenario for an WZA game, not the norm. If one can pull that off consistently then yea WZA is the way to go. But that's unreliable, especially when soloQ

I'm not speaking on most of the Arena gametypes... I just used CTF to show that best case scenario isn't a great way to make the comparison. I'm really talking about SWAT. The only ways to guaruntee a 6min WZA game is to get defense (50% chance) then beat the shit out if your opponent OR throw the game and hope the rest of your team sux on offense. Much is up to chance.

With SWAT, 99.9% of your games will be around 5 minute long. Even at 6 minutes it gives more RP/m than the average WZA game... (Can find the math on the previous page)

Now, if you got a knockout fireteam for D, and/or are willing to throw games in on O, WZA is the way to go. Otherwise SWAT statistically edges it out.

Personally I grind WZA because SWAT sux. But it's got a higher probability of yielding the fastest RP/m.

Trup1aya

The changes they made to Overgrowth have improved it immensely.

It's actually not terrible in slayer now, it's still not great but it's playable.

Do you recall what they replaced those weapons with?

Nothing will change the fact that it's a bunch of corridors with no sight lines, but removing CQC weapons could make it more fun.

jem0208

Do you recall what they replaced those weapons with?

Nothing will change the fact that it's a bunch of corridors with no sight lines, but removing CQC weapons could make it more fun.

I don't think they replaced them with anything, the only power weapon is the rail gun now.

And yeah, it's still not that great of a map but it's at least fairly playable. There's some pretty fun encounters to be had in the grassy lower area with people jumping out of windows etc.

On a similar note we should be getting the updated arena maps fairly soon. I'm hoping storm rifles are gone.

jem0208

Running around spartan charging people is still the most effective strategy for success, which is pretty bad.

Hardly, I hate spartan charge just as much as anyone but as long as you keep an eye out you're not going to be killed by spartan charges that much.

Top Bottom