• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Yeah. Assautl Fathom is the same. (expect splinters are no longer on the sides of the map, but maybe they werent earlier)

And remove that shitty speed boost.
Or dont, since it will be nerfed

Strider

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/team-arena-summer-preview

They removed the Storm rifles from Empire. Today is a good day.

mayatomr_gdlk.gif

Makes Plasma pistol an important weapon to control though. Which isn't a bad thing.

Edit: oh but there's a bunch of other changes to Empire too soooooo I need to read through it lol

jem0208

mayatomr_gdlk.gif

Makes Plasma pistol an important weapon to control though. Which isn't a bad thing.

Edit: oh but there's a bunch of other changes to Empire too soooooo I need to read through it lol

There's an absolute ton of changes to a bunch of maps.

I'm very curious to see how the new stronghold positions on Plaza and Eden work out.

How about
BTB pistol starts?
I just want to stress how boring Halo is with BRBRBRBRBRBRBRBR. Borderline despise that shitty burst fire weapon. It's terrible for feedback, especially at longer ranges. You get hitmarkers, but you can never really tell if all three bullets of your burst landed, so it's nebulous as to how effective your shots are. Feels like spritzing people with a water bottle.

With single shot weapons (ie: the Pistol), you either land your shots or you don't. Done. Simple to identify, clear feedback. The BR gives this illusion that you can actually do things at range, whereas it's clear with the Pistol that you have to either be incredibly accurate to hit people outside of the RRR (Red Reticle Range) or you have to move in for a closer shot. None of this, "Well I'm getting hitmarkers, so let me just keep throwing shots out to ping enemies and hopefully I get a kill." It's easier to use than the Pistol, but it's not as consistent due to the nature of burst fire weapons. At mid range it's too easy to be effective with, so BTB suffers for it.

BTB Pistol starts when?

SaganIsGOAT

I just want to stress how boring Halo is with BRBRBRBRBRBRBRBR. Borderline despise that shitty burst fire weapon. It's terrible for feedback, especially at longer ranges. You get hitmarkers, but you can never really tell if all three bullets of your burst landed, so it's nebulous as to how effective your shots are. Feels like spritzing people with a water bottle.

With single shot weapons (ie: the Pistol), you either land your shots or you don't. Done. Simple to identify, clear feedback. The BR gives this illusion that you can actually do things at range, whereas it's clear with the Pistol that you have to either be incredibly accurate to hit people outside of the RRR (Red Reticle Range) or you have to move in for a closer shot. None of this, "Well I'm getting hitmarkers, so let me just keep throwing shots out to ping enemies and hopefully I get a kill." It's easier to use than the Pistol, but it's not as consistent due to the nature of burst fire weapons. At mid range it's too easy to be effective with, so BTB suffers for it.

BTB Pistol starts when?

True that

Strider

BTB Pistol starts when?

no lies detected.

jem0208

Wow, obviously I can't judge without actually playing, but on paper a lot of those changes sound pretty bad. Why remove all those BRs? And as much as I sometimes like to fuck around with the Boltshot, it's never going to be a popular weapon. Same goes for the Supressor.

I'd say the vast majority of changes are very, very good.

Also the BR is a pretty bad weapon in H5, far too easy to use in comparison to the Magnum, the less of them the better IMO.

blamite

I'd say the vast majority of changes are very, very good.

Also the BR is a pretty bad weapon in H5, far too easy to use in comparison to the Magnum, the less of them the better IMO.

Eh, maybe there is more good than bad on balance. It just seems like they're trying to push some of the unpopular weapons like the Boltshot, Suppressor, and Plasma Caster a little too hard. Maybe the changes to the Caster this week will make it more viable, but it just seems like that weapon's never gonna really happen.

I'm also not looking forward to spending the next few months confused by m old muscle memory being updated to figure out here the hell the weapons are, but that's more of a personal thing.
Fuck Speed Boost

also this

singhr1

Eh, maybe there is more good than bad on balance. It just seems like they're trying to push some of the unpopular weapons like the Boltshot, Suppressor, and Plasma Caster a little too hard. Maybe the changes to the Caster this week will make it more viable, but it just seems like that weapon's never gonna really happen.

I'm also not looking forward to spending the next few months confused by m old muscle memory being updated to figure out here the hell the weapons are, but that's more of a personal thing.

also this

Plasma caster can actually be a viable weapon at the pro level though. Boltshot and Suppressor have no chance past Gold to be used. Anyone with a lick of skill will have a faster TTK with Magnum/AR.

Boltshot/suppressor have their use against AI in Firefight or Vehicles in Warzone but not much in Arena.

jem0208

also this

The only weapon you could argue that they're promoting is the Boltshot, but I think they're just using that as a weapon to replace stuff like the Storm Rifles which makes sense as it's an inoffensive weapon.

As for the other two:

- Suppressor has been removed from Coliseum and had it's position changed on Eden. So a net loss of one suppressor.

- Plasma Caster has been removed from Empire CTF and Truth, replaces Fuel Rod on Regret and has replaced the rockets in Eden Strongholds. So no net gain or loss.

blamite

Oh, I totally missed that the Caster's gone from Truth! That's great, it'll be nice to actually have a power weapon up on that that platform for once!

blamite

Oh shit, just realized Torque isn't even being considered for Pro League.

That's almost as surprising to me as the fact that Stasis is. I assume it's gonna be super asymmetrical like the rest of the remixes of symmetrical maps, yet apparently it's getting CTF???

singhr1

That's almost as surprising to me as the fact that Stasis is. I assume it's gonna be super asymmetrical like the rest of the remixes of symmetrical maps, yet apparently it's getting CTF???

The only changes I can tell so far from the screenshots I saw on Xbox News was that the bases were basically completely closed off. I guess we have to assume its also symmetrical.

Just unlocked blood of sulban. I love it!

It's just so fun to shoot and see a pink mist :)

Why compare a best case scenario to an average?

Yeah WZA CAN end in 6 min, but the average game is going to be longer than that.

I mean, a CTF game CAN be over in under 2min...

The quickest way to earn RP is to grind SWAT.
I went into team swat for req points and instead started assassinating and spartan charging everyone I could. At this rate I'll be done with spartan charge commendations tonight assuming I get to play a little more later.

This is for exwife:
eyhTVj3.jpg

So do we know what happened to the Spielberg TV show??? Originally 343/MS said it would release before or around the time of H5's release, that was Oct 27 2015, near 7 months have passed...It was first announced during the X1 launch, 22nd Nov 2013.

halo-tv-series.jpg

Nothing here:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...ed/be4c3b34-9a78-45fe-8448-dc6842dc9ac0/posts

Nothing more from ReadyUpLive:
http://www.readyuplive.com/2015/08/halo-tv-series-still-in-development-at-showtime/

Nothing on IMDB:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2934286/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

Here's a quote from Bonnie:
And 2015 won’t simply be the year of “Halo 5: Guardians,” it will also be a year that offers us a unique opportunity. The opportunity to invite old friends and new audiences into that universe through the “Halo” television series, launched as a unique collaboration with Steven Spielberg and some of the finest creative minds in the business. A series that will stand alone, as well as complement and enrich the game experience. We’ll have more to share on the “Halo” television series as we near its projected fall 2015 release.

2015 is looong gone, not feeling H5's game experience enriched as yet.

MoviePilot ran an article on 26th April 2016 and they've got no answers either:
http://moviepilot.com/posts/3884465

singhr1

So do we know what happened to the Spielberg TV show??? Originally 343/MS said it would release before or around the time of H5's release, that was Oct 27 2015, near 7 months have passed...It was first announced during the X1 launch, 22nd Nov 2013.

halo-tv-series.jpg

Nothing here:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...ed/be4c3b34-9a78-45fe-8448-dc6842dc9ac0/posts

Nothing more from ReadyUpLive:
http://www.readyuplive.com/2015/08/halo-tv-series-still-in-development-at-showtime/

Nothing on IMDB:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2934286/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

Here's a quote from Bonnie:

2015 is looong gone, not feeling H5's game experience enriched as yet.

MoviePilot ran an article on 26th April 2016 and they've got no answers either:
http://moviepilot.com/posts/3884465

Found this: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/11/showtime-still-developing-halo-tv-series

EDIT: saw your edit for Moviepilot link, my bad

If we don't see anything at E3 i'm going to assume its MIA and no longer going to care for it until it re-surfaces

EDIT 2: What kind of shitty blog is this Movie Pilot? Like how do you make such an egregious grammar error in your title and not notice it:

"What Happen To Steven Spielberg's Halo TV Show?"

Found this: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/11/showtime-still-developing-halo-tv-series

If we don't see anything at E3 i'm going to assume its MIA and no longer going to care for it until it re-surfaces

EDIT 2: What kind of shitty blog is this Movie Pilot? Like how do you make such an egregious grammar error in your title and not notice it:

I'm 100% sure that if we don't hear anything @ E3 then it's dead which it's pretty sad, the Halo Universe it's so rich, vast, big etc and a proper TV series would be awesome

I was expecting something like Stargate BTW which is one of my favorite TV series of all time (SG1)

sg1_sga_01_1024x768.jpg

Sad times :(

id rather have it as a Netflix series, kinda. Or HBO.

BET there were a lot of creative differences.

I'd go Netflix but there is zero chance, if it releases at all, it won't just be on the Halo Channel and Xbox TV/Film. Does anyone even load the Halo Channel anymore? I did a couple of months back, I loaded it by accident.

Online editors for the most part are a joke, especially syndicate style websites like MoviePilot.

I'm 100% sure that if we don't hear anything @ E3 then it's dead which it's pretty sad, the Halo Universe it's so rich, vast, big etc and a proper TV series would be awesome

I was expecting something like Stargate BTW which is one of my favorite TV series of all time (SG1)

http://realgamernewz.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/sg1_sga_01_1024x768.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Stargate was executed so well.

Halo channel is dead. Last reason to actually.use it was for watching night fall with Locke.

Agree the other day I was recording a video for my YT channel and I needed to use the Halo Channel App well without surprise I was not able to record what I wanted to record in both versions of the App for Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs so I had to use an old video to get my material

I'd go Netflix but there is zero chance, if it releases at all, it won't just be on the Halo Channel and Xbox TV/Film. Does anyone even load the Halo Channel anymore? I did a couple of months back, I loaded it by accident.

Online editors for the most part are a joke, especially syndicate style websites like MoviePilot.

Stargate was executed so well.

b36a368315d2bea6dce818e21ac46c97a7ccd8fc.gif

Indeed I was very sad when the show was cancelled and I'm very angry with that reboot that they are trying to do

Trup1aya

So what you're really saying is that G0SU is right? :p

Come on..say it. Say it. Lol

Lol of course not

I went into team swat for req points and instead started assassinating and spartan charging everyone I could. At this rate I'll be done with spartan charge commendations tonight assuming I get to play a little more later.

This is for exwife:
eyhTVj3.jpg

Killing multiple birds with one stone then... I'm going to have to take my own advice it seems...

Trup1aya

- Suppressor has been removed from Coliseum and had it's position changed on Eden. So a net loss of one suppressor.

- Plasma Caster has been removed from Empire CTF and Truth, replaces Fuel Rod on Regret and has replaced the rockets in Eden Strongholds. So no net gain or loss.

TIL there is a has always been a Surpressor on Eden... Where the hell was it initially?

Also, I don't know how to feel about the Fuel Rod being removed from Regret. I liked the dynamic of trying to control top mid to secure Fuel, but having times battles for bottom mid to control OV...

Plasma Caster won't nearly be as highly sought after. Even Pro's only used it, if it fell into their lap. They never seem to seek it out.

Agree the other day I was recording a video for my YT channel and I needed to use the Halo Channel App well without surprise I was not able to record what I wanted to record in both versions of the App for Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs so I had to use an old video to get my material

That's why we don't speak about Nightfall!

=(

When things silently die....

Anyway. Stream Thursday? I forget.. or is it tomorrow???

Top Bottom