• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

TIL there is a has always been a Surpressor on Eden... Where the hell was it initially?

Also, I don't know how to feel about the Fuel Rod being removed from Regret. I liked the dynamic of trying to control top mid to secure Fuel, but having times battles for bottom mid to control OV...

Plasma Caster won't nearly be as highly sought after. Even Pro's only used it, if it fell into their lap. They never seem to seek it out.
That's because the plasma caster sucks, but hopefully will be less bad after the update.

Plasma caster is GOAT...

Whatchu talking about?!!

ohruo0wl5ecSS1.png

That's why we don't speak about Nightfall!

I really didn't mind nightfall though and thought it's one of those sci fi movies you watch because it's on and you don't really hate it but it's nothing to talk about. It could be a lot worse.

But with the whole changes to things, I like most of them but feel like removing the br in a lot of cases is too much. Br isn't that bad of a weapon and thought it was perfectly fine the way it is but could see the change being good.

I really didn't mind nightfall though and thought it's one of those sci fi movies you watch because it's on and you don't really hate it but it's nothing to talk about. It could be a lot worse.

That was one of the problems with it. It could have been just a generic sci fi show and nobody would have known the difference.

It wasn't good and it wasn't bad. It was just extremely forgettable.

That was one of the problems with it. It could have been just a generic sci fi show and nobody would have known the difference.

It wasn't good and it wasn't bad. It was just extremely forgettable.

Yeah you are right overall. But I liked the little character development of Locke there was. After forward until dawn (which I liked) my expectations weren't too high so guess no way I could of been disappointed.

So here's the KotakuAU article:
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2016/05/halo-5-is-having-online-issues-in-australia/

Here's MS Australia's reply to Kotaku

We continuously collect and study data regarding our online performance, and regularly fine tune the game to ensure the best experience for players worldwide. When changes are made to improve performance for certain users, it can sometimes have a detrimental impact for other users. We are currently investigating performance in Australia and will make all efforts to make improvements. Additionally, in this month’s “Memories of Reach” content update, we’re adding matchmaking search preferences to give players more options to find online matches.

Ah, PR fluff at its best. How about the laundry list of issues outside of simple latency delays?

Video dedicated server problem and the high latency FFA playlist warning

Screenshot version of the playlist warning

Screenshot of dedicated server issue

Screenshot of unable to join (I was just searching solo and not joining anyone, this weird error was just trying to search slayer)

Screenshot of Warzone Turbo not loading REQs, a known bug when joining a game in progress

Screenshot of profile sync error, only happens with Halo5

Screenshot of emblems for matched players not loading, also REQ points and cards not loading in the same shot

Screenshot of post game stats not loading correctly

----------------

I urge any Australians to post in this Waypoint thread about their issues:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...34ee-f308-41cb-baa2-baea494847ac/posts?page=1

EDIT: I've done all I can; from my end and tech support channels to community forums and anything I can think of really. I'll try the new update for search preferences but I fear this laundry list reflects a state of the game in Australia that won't be rectified. If that occurs it may very well be time to say good bye to Halo multiplayer. My son would be crushed, as would I.

I went into team swat for req points and instead started assassinating and spartan charging everyone I could. At this rate I'll be done with spartan charge commendations tonight assuming I get to play a little more later.

This is for exwife:
eyhTVj3.jpg

I appreciate that others are trying. Hopefully together we can finish this fight...

PHSuOLA.png

So here's the KotakuAU article:
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2016/05/halo-5-is-having-online-issues-in-australia/

Here's MS Australia's reply to Kotaku

Ah, PR fluff at its best. How about the laundry list of issues outside of simple latency delays?

Video dedicated server problem and the high latency FFA playlist warning

Screenshot version of the playlist warning

Screenshot of dedicated server issue

Screenshot of unable to join (I was just searching solo and not joining anyone, this weird error was just trying to search slayer)

Screenshot of Warzone Turbo not loading REQs, a known bug when joining a game in progress

Screenshot of profile sync error, only happens with Halo5

Screenshot of emblems for matched players not loading, also REQ points and cards not loading in the same shot

Screenshot of post game stats not loading correctly

----------------

I urge any Australians to post in this Waypoint thread about their issues:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...34ee-f308-41cb-baa2-baea494847ac/posts?page=1

EDIT: I've done all I can; from my end and tech support channels to community forums and anything I can think of really. I'll try the new update for search preferences but I fear this laundry list reflects a state of the game in Australia that won't be rectified. If that occurs it may very well be time to say good bye to Halo multiplayer. My son would be crushed, as would I.

At least the issue is getting attention now. Hopefully it gets resolved.

Madness

I found the quality declined right near the Christmas break. They did something. Prior to that I had near flawless games in both the beta and launch months. After that I have had issues. One match I recently had a week or two ago was like a stop motion fiesta on overgrowth. Game went down to like 5 frames a second gameplay.

I found the quality declined right near the Christmas break. They did something. Prior to that I had near flawless games in both the beta and launch months. After that I have had issues. One match I recently had a week or teo ago was like a stop motion fiesta on overgrowth. Game went down to like 5 frames a second gameplay.
Yeah madness, it's a mystery on what happened. I think everyone from all over the world is in the same boat. :(

Tashi plz save halo
Frankie plz save the servers
Bonnie save me a seat next to you for dinner. save me a slice of Pizza too plz.

Thnx
Love you 343i

Stackboy

I'm in Australia and if anything my Halo 5 games have been getting better connections lately. I can now join Team Slayer games, when previously it couldn't find me a game at all.

I'm in Australia and if anything my Halo 5 games have been getting better connections lately. I can now join Team Slayer games, when previously it couldn't find me a game at all.

Regarding the recent update I can agree matches are found fast, when it actually loads and works that is. Of course that is expected when you open up region locking but at the expense of latency.

My real gripes are all the other issues don't come from a simple latency increase of 50-200ms for example. There's a bunch of bugs/glitches rolled in there too. It's inconsistent at best, away from regions or server selections. The other element to my gripes is a total lack of public acknowledgement, they clearly know about such issues but don't post about them working on it. Be proactive with your issues not reactive, look at hosting companies, they're very clear when there's outages or issues.

Check out this piss poor H5 service status page:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...us/6b383388-ec59-42e0-8652-7f442f412841/posts

This was last updated 25/10/2015, that says it all. This is the most official service status for H5 we, the public, can go on.

How about checking Azure itself for my regional servers/services?
https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/status/

As you can see here it's green lights across the board for AustraliaSoutheast and AustraliaEast, there isn't even entries in that live status page for Xbox/Compute/Halo5. LOL.

BraXzy

So if anyone was curious as to why APG played so awful during qualifiers... http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1solsmi

I was sorta amazed he even competed. Very easy to tell he was injured and not in good condition... Kudos to him for trying. I expect that Liquid team to qualify for sure and I hope he recovers quickly.

Jesus, I can't believe he still played. I knew he was in an accident but I didn't realise it was that bad. Hope he recovers soon :(

Regarding the recent update I can agree matches are found fast, when it actually loads and works that is. Of course that is expected when you open up region locking but at the expense of latency.

My real gripes are all the other issues don't come from a simple latency increase of 50-200ms for example. There's a bunch of bugs/glitches rolled in there too. It's inconsistent at best, away from regions or server selections. The other element to my gripes is a total lack of public acknowledgement, they clearly know about such issues but don't post about them working on it. Be proactive with your issues not reactive, look at hosting companies, they're very clear when there's outages or issues.

Check out this piss poor H5 service status page:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...us/6b383388-ec59-42e0-8652-7f442f412841/posts

This was last updated 25/10/2015, that says it all. This is the most official service status for H5 we, the public, can go on.

How about checking Azure itself for my regional servers/services?
https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/status/

As you can see here it's green lights across the board for AustraliaSoutheast and AustraliaEast, there isn't even entries in that live status page for Xbox/Compute/Halo5. LOL.

Halo 5 is kind of buggy all round, I've experienced the req issues you mentioned and the game will crash on me from time to time, but anything to do with latency comes down to the fact we are now being matched with Americans... And 343 disabled region locking because countries like Australia have such a low population, so it had to be done.

I'm not trying to go against your cause or anything, I blame the low population for my troubles.

For the first time in ages I can now get a game in any playlist I try, but yeah the lag is there. .

JaggedSac

Yeah madness, it's a mystery on what happened. I think everyone from all over the world is in the same boat. :(

Tashi plz save halo
Frankie plz save the servers
Bonnie save me a seat next to you for dinner. save me a slice of Pizza too plz.

Thnx
Love you 343i

I'm in Atlanta and it plays great for me.

They need to throw this thing on PC so there is a larger population.

Halo 5 is kind of buggy all round, I've experienced the req issues you mentioned and the game will crash on me from time to time, but anything to do with latency comes down to the fact we are now being matched with Americans... And 343 disabled region locking because countries like Australia have such a low population, so it had to be done.

I'm not trying to go against your cause or anything, I blame the low population for my troubles.

For the first time in ages I can now get a game in any playlist I try, but yeah the lag is there. .

Agreed on latency, actually getting into matches is a good thing, I commend them for the sustained effort and the lack of a local population is a big issue they can't really "tech" their way out of. If at launch they would just have bloody player driven toggles for search global or search local and literally make that the hard and fast rule I have no doubt more players would:
  • buy the game
  • enjoy their experience early on more
  • stay with the game
  • be empowered to choose how to search and when

I can live with those sorts of realities and explanations but things like playlists not loading, REQs not loading, parties having players booted or dashboarded etc I have to pipe up and say something.

I wonder how much of our troubles are the developers tinkering with things when we're the lowest active population globally due to time differences. Again with no communication it's a guessing game which leads to frustration.

If they'd bring in toggles to enable player choices/votes, present at launch, so we actually play what we want to they'd retain more players long term. I see a series of compound issues related to the same old matchmaking system MS/343/Bungie have always held fast to. It needs updating and player choices/controls not streamlining around the symptoms of low population due to developer driven decisions/maps/gametypes that are slow and hit and miss by comparison.

Drop H5/6 on PC (with controllers only), take forge to the PC, allow cross play, allow toggles/browsers for user choices or generated content and watch the population grow and stay to play. MS bought Minecraft for a reason, mods on consoles for other games are a thing now. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills they didn't see this with MCC and again with H5.

EDIT: A couple of things to add:
-Coop had similar latency issues recently.
-Is the REQ store not regional? Is that one USA based DC/server driving it?
-Some customs had high latency recently too.
-Is a game like Destiny so far in front of H5 MM population wise?

So do we know what happened to the Spielberg TV show??? Originally 343/MS said it would release before or around the time of H5's release, that was Oct 27 2015, near 7 months have passed...It was first announced during the X1 launch, 22nd Nov 2013.

halo-tv-series.jpg

Nothing here:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...ed/be4c3b34-9a78-45fe-8448-dc6842dc9ac0/posts

Nothing more from ReadyUpLive:
http://www.readyuplive.com/2015/08/halo-tv-series-still-in-development-at-showtime/

Nothing on IMDB:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2934286/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

Here's a quote from Bonnie:

2015 is looong gone, not feeling H5's game experience enriched as yet.

MoviePilot ran an article on 26th April 2016 and they've got no answers either:
http://moviepilot.com/posts/3884465

Perhaps they started from scratch once they realised Nightfall was terrible?

Also, what the hell happened to the Halo Channel? It got rebooted after being Halo Waypoint, and now they've abandoned it in the same way. They hyped it up a bit around the beta, and then dropped it completely. Doesn't help that it runs horribly.

I hate to take the thread over on this page but fuck me...

H5 retrieving data on loading Arena, same for Warzone and customs. So I load Destiny Control 6v6, find a match in less than 1 minute searching solo and proceed to wreck shit as it's a good connection. I don't know what to say or do.

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Agreed on latency, actually getting into matches is a good thing, I commend them for the sustained effort and the lack of a local population is a big issue they can't really "tech" their way out of. If at launch they would just have bloody player driven toggles for search global or search local and literally make that the hard and fast rule I have no doubt more players would:
  • buy the game
  • enjoy their experience early on more
  • stay with the game
  • be empowered to choose how to search and when

I can live with those sorts of realities and explanations but things like playlists not loading, REQs not loading, parties having players booted or dashboarded etc I have to pipe up and say something.

I wonder how much of our troubles are the developers tinkering with things when we're the lowest active population globally due to time differences. Again with no communication it's a guessing game which leads to frustration.

If they'd bring in toggles to enable player choices/votes, present at launch, so we actually play what we want to they'd retain more players long term. I see a series of compound issues related to the same old matchmaking system MS/343/Bungie have always held fast to. It needs updating and player choices/controls not streamlining around the symptoms of low population due to developer driven decisions/maps/gametypes that are slow and hit and miss by comparison.

Drop H5/6 on PC (with controllers only), take forge to the PC, allow cross play, allow toggles/browsers for user choices or generated content and watch the population grow and stay to play. MS bought Minecraft for a reason, mods on consoles for other games are a thing now. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills they didn't see this with MCC and again with H5.

EDIT: A couple of things to add:
-Coop had similar latency issues recently.
-Is the REQ store not regional? Is that one USA based DC/server driving it?
-Some customs had high latency recently too.
-Is a game like Destiny so far in front of H5 MM population wise?

So all the server issues are indeed on MS' fault at shitty Asian/Aussie azure servers? I always think it was just because of my Chinese internet and all the government shit. I'm having exactly the same experiences as you lately, playlists not loading, dropping mid-game and unable to connect again for a while, post game not loading, REQs not loading etc.

singhr1

I wish I could sympathize with all you folk with server issues but I rarely face any problems on US East.

Had some disconnection issues a couple of months ago and occasionally have a player visibly teleporting/spiking but that's it.

Keep fighting the good fight, ya'll deserve better.

I wish I could sympathize with all you folk with server issues but I rarely face any problems on US East.

Had some disconnection issues a couple of months ago and occasionally have a player visibly teleporting/spiking but that's it.

I'm east coast / florida panhandle myself and I have some real shit internet, but outside of a handful of Grifball matches and, like, one or two matches I played partied up I've never had any teleportation-tier lag.

The game is in a completely different shape server quality wise out of US and UK. Currently me (China) and Onya (Aussie) are having some of the worst server issues.

I'm 100% sure that if we don't hear anything @ E3 then it's dead which it's pretty sad, the Halo Universe it's so rich, vast, big etc and a proper TV series would be awesome

I was expecting something like Stargate BTW which is one of my favorite TV series of all time (SG1)

sg1_sga_01_1024x768.jpg

A couple days ago, was 5 years exactly since anything Stargate last aired. I'm still salty as FUCK they cancelled those series.

Loomba

The game is in a completely different shape server quality wise out of US and UK. Currently me (China) and Onya (Aussie) are having some of the worst server issues.

I can't say about the Far East but it's pretty damn bad in the UK at times as well.

I can't wait for the matchmaking options to come in. It can be 2pm on a Saturday afternoon and still play vs Americans, happens all the time for me.

Im in the Colorado, US and i have isses time to time with teleporting and server connection. Issues like Req time outs, cant load playlist, getting kicked out of a game having none of the menu available and all options greyed out, etc. I have a video showing a game where there were delays with gernade throws and someone teleporting.

I even did that test with the azurespeed website, and the servers closest to me have a ms that averages from 150-300. The California server dipped down to 80ms every 20th cycle or something like that.

I still remember the glory days of Titanfall. Choosing a server that had the lowest ms.. sigh

Ditto! Im in Australia and these past few weeks have been terrible to a point where I won't play anymore. First few months of the game were really good so I'm not sure why it has deteriorated.

Strider

My biggest problem is that I usually play in the mornings in the US so the amount of people playing here is much lower at that time so it just throws me on EU servers...

I really hope "Focused" just locks me to US East servers vs US players... Surely there's enough US players at any time to get a game on US servers even in the morning.

link1201

I really hope we get a surprise in todays stream.

The thing that has me most hyped is the new post game scoreboard and the new mm options. I may start to play btb again if it works.

My biggest problem is that I usually play in the mornings in the US so the amount of people playing here is much lower at that time so it just throws me on EU servers...

I really hope "Focused" just locks me to US East servers vs US players... Surely there's enough US players at any time to get a game on US servers even in the morning.

I'm just really surpised there are issues with US East coast players. most densly populated areas in the US no? Weird you are shipped overseas to play in the morning..

Is the halo 5 population dipping that low? =/

Strider

Is the halo 5 population dipping that low? =/

I don't think so... The MM just values skill based MM/ranks far more than it does connection, or at least it seems that way. MM would rather match me up vs people my rank on EU servers than branching out a tier or two and placing me on a US server.

Hopefully the MM preferences work...

I don't think so... The MM just values skill based MM/ranks far more than it does connection, or at least it seems that way. MM would rather match me up vs people my rank on EU servers than branching out a tier or two and placing me on a US server.

Hopefully the MM preferences work...

Let's pray to the lord of the light watching over Westeros that we may have our beloved MM options available. Let us break down these invisible walls and make up sentences that mean nothing. Let us wonder and wane. Let us play match making the way we want to and become resurrected on a wooden table in winter. Let us gasp for air as it cuts our lungs with a frozen touch...
Insert AviQuote

yeah, idk what im talking about dude, but i hope Focused gives me what i want. :'(

Maybe dumb luck or maybe they just updated some things. I can see the preview playlist, still get FFA latency warning but the last two games were sweet feeling, you know it the second you move or throw a grenade. Hot damn this game is fucking brilliant when it's smooth.

Screenshot-Original.png

Maybe try again just now? I'm off to bed but will test again tomorrow. I don't even care about the quitter or losing the game as it felt fucking perfect in the above match.

Top Bottom