• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April 2016 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes May 10th

cilonen

R&C wasn't dead. They just stopped actually releasing mainline games for some reason until Nexus that came out at an awkward time and felt like an aftertought.

Did I know it would outsell QB? No, I didn't even think about correlating the two. What I am asking is why is it supposed to be so shocking? Did anyone expect QB to be huge?

Hell, I'm the dude crusading the idea that a new Crash Bandicoot would sell well. That is a fuckin dead franchise.

Why would it. The Order already showed that just having super cinematic AAA shootbang with graphics don't automatically mean sales.

Until right around the reviews hit, yes. Plenty of people had it hyped as a major tent pole release that would draw masses to the Xbone.

RexNovis

Banned
That's why I was like "Ahhhh!", since you just got back! It's past the deadline, so can't change it, BUT I can do like I did with Aquamarine when she was late one month and add your entry in with an asterisk. That way you can still see how you ranked, including overall, but it just won't be officially included. The final overall annual rankings will still drop the two lowest months of the year, per usual.

But what if this was the month I would actually win though?!?!? :( Uggh im so upset with myself right now... But thanks for including them anyway Donny. I appreciate it.

Zebei

Sorry,kind of new to this stuff, but we aren't getting actual sales right?

I know a guy who has been trying to get Star Fox Zero's sales for a while now and I want to make sure there isn't any point of hoping to get that here.

EDIT well he will probably be happy about top 5 :p

I know a guy who has been trying to get Star Fox Zero's sales for a while now and I want to make sure there isn't any point of hoping to get that here.
They usually get leaked later on.

crazyprac

Dont talk in third person... It's you who wants the numbers!

In due time young grasshopper.

I'm pretty new too but this was the perfect time to use that line

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Yea QB getting outsold by R&C would be a wow.

What other recent exclusive came out for XBO? R&C is about to be followed up by Uncharted 4.

I would think QB would do good numbers. Maybe R&C didnt sell that much so it outselling QB isnt that big a deal.....

crazyprac

Yea QB getting outsold by R&C would be a wow.

What other recent exclusive came out for XBO? R&C is about to be followed up by Uncharted 4.

I would think QB would do good numbers. Maybe R&C didnt sell that much so it outselling QB isnt that big a deal.....

It outselling QB no matter the sales is a big deal...

Gator86

Triple AAA title, hyped to hell, better graphics than Uncharted 4, its from Remedy, Best new IP this generation, surely it has to sell more than a remake/remaster R&C right?
271.gif

Until right around the reviews hit, yes. Plenty of people had it hyped as a major tent pole release that would draw masses to the Xbone.

Well I dunno what to tell you. I just personally didn't see it as a huge hit (love Remedy doe). And I just don't see anything shocking about Ratchet outselling it nor there being anything to be ''ashamed of''.

Loris146

I think this is Ratchet's biggest launch in more than a decade.

Ratchet & Clank (November 4, 2002) -- 112,000 units
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando (November 11, 2003) -- 125,000 units
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal (November 3, 2004) -- 207, 500 units
Ratchet: Deadlocked (October 25, 2005) -- 55,300 units
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (October 30, 2007, though released in most retailers early) -- 74,500 units

Found this.

With the promotion of the PC version of QB coming with the Digital Xbox One Version have an effect with the NPD sales? Seeing that NPD doesn't include Digital sales.

So UC4 well over a million I take it?

UK sales thread next week will be very interesting to see how high it sells there week 1. It'll give us a good idea of UC4 is going to trend high enough to hit 1 million at retail in a month. But from the looks of things, UC4 has a real hype train going for it.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I think this is Ratchet's biggest launch in more than a decade.

not sure what the final NPD number is (versus my data), but it's the fastest selling Ratchet yet.

Add the crazy digital share in and we definitely are way ahead of any other Ratchet game's first 3 weeks.

Top Bottom