• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April 2016 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes May 10th

If the UK numbers are any indication, it won't be If, but by how much. Ratchet and Clank has managed to keep the #1 sales spot on UK individual charts for the 3 weeks it's been out there.

The only thing QB seems to have going for it saleswise is that it came out a week sooner, but sales seem to have died down pretty much right after launch, while Ratchet and Clank is cashing in on some huge word of mouth.

I wouldn't be too shocked. $20 difference in price and good WoM helps

Isn't this expected by now?

Poor Remedy.

Why is established franchise with lower price tag on a better selling console outselling something like Quantum Break (that is also sold digitally on PC), ''wow''?

Did MS have some huge marketing push I am unaware of?

N.Domixis

Banned
Why is established franchise with lower price tag on a better selling console outselling something like Quantum Break (that is also sold digitally on PC), ''wow''?

Did MS have some huge marketing push I am unavare of?

some people assume a cinematic "AAA" game has to outsell a 3D platformer.

Why is established franchise with lower price tag on a better selling console outselling something like Quantum Break, ''wow''?

Did you think the same 3 months ago? Be honest.
Quantum Break had an exciting concept, was a fresh IP and had shootbangs.
R&C was a dead franchise for kids.

I love how suddenly everyone knew it from the start.

Why is established franchise with lower price tag on a better selling console outselling something like Quantum Break, ''wow''?
Well for me Quantum break had an actual marketing campaign,was a Big AAA exclusive for Microsoft. Where as R&C has fallen as time went on,had no marketing whatsoever and honesty in this day in age is a much harder sell.

Yep.

Well for me Quantum break had an actual marketing campaign,was a Big AAA exclusive for Microsoft. Where as R&C has fallen as time went on,had no marketing whatsoever and honesty in this day in age is a much harder sell.
Another yep.

demigod

Did MS have some huge marketing push I am unaware of?

Triple AAA title, hyped to hell, better graphics than Uncharted 4, its from Remedy, Best new IP this generation, surely it has to sell more than a remake/remaster R&C right?

donny2112

Donny please tell me I fixed it in time! In my excitement to post after my long ban I completely forgot the proper formatting T_T

That's why I was like "Ahhhh!", since you just got back! It's past the deadline, so can't change it, BUT I can do like I did with Aquamarine when she was late one month and add your entry in with an asterisk. That way you can still see how you ranked, including overall, but it just won't be officially included. The final overall annual rankings will still drop the two lowest months of the year, per usual.

R&C wasn't dead. They just stopped actually releasing mainline games for some reason until Nexus that came out at an awkward time and felt like an aftertought.

Did I know it would outsell QB? No, I didn't even think about correlating the two. What I am asking is why is it supposed to be so shocking? Did anyone expect QB to be huge?

Hell, I'm the dude crusading the idea that a new Crash Bandicoot would sell well. That is a fuckin dead franchise.

Triple AAA title, hyped to hell, better graphics than Uncharted 4, its from Remedy, Best new IP this generation, surely it has to sell more than a remake/remaster R&C right?

Why would it. The Order already showed that just having super cinematic AAA shootbang with graphics don't automatically mean sales.

ps3ud0

Lombax by a chunk. But not #1.

Top 10 is pretty crazy.
Still surprises me purely as for QB to underperform like that and for R&C to overperform is pretty significant and out of the ordinary...

Still expected an underperforming QB to outsell R&C considering how they were marketed.

ps3ud0 8)

Hollywood actors, big budget...to sell less than a remake of a PS2 game... its also pretty much the only Xbox One exclusive until the holidays, released in a pretty quiet time.

R&C wasn't dead. They just stopped actually releasing mainline games for some reason until Nexus that came out at an awkward time and felt like an aftertought.

Did I know it would outsell QB? No, I didn't even think about correlating the two. What I am asking is why is it supposed to be so shocking? Did anyone expect QB to be huge?
I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be yea.

Rymuth

Because said established franchise had been dead for years? Because the 'something' like Quantum Break had been touted as a 'potential mega-hit' by Microsoft and one of their four pillars of their 'greatest line up in all of Xbox history'? Because QB had a huge marketing campaign that was a big priority for MS?

I don't know, your guess is as good as mine.

Hell, I'm the dude crusading the idea that a new Crash Bandicoot would sell well. That is a fuckin dead franchise.

"Huge" I don't know because it's not like it's a multiplayer shooter, but I had the impression it was easily the biggest Xbox One exclusive of the entire first half of the year.

Daft Punk

Banned

Hindsight is 20-20. Surprised QB fans couldn't see this possibility

Chobel

127.gif

Because said established franchise had been dead for years? Because the 'something' like Quantum Break had been touted as a 'potential mega-hit' by Microsoft and one of their four pillars of their 'greatest line up in all of Xbox history'? Because QB had a huge marketing campaign that was a big priority for MS?

I don't know, your guess is as good as mine.

Didn't one review say "the Xboxes Last of Us"

also had a console bundle.

Top Bottom