• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meciu

Damn its 2am in the morning UK time :( Gonna have to try and take a day off work

That is what me and my friends have been doing for few years now. We're all getting a day off so we can stay up all day and night at my house. We play games, read news, watch live all the conferences, etc. etc. All that mixed with lots of beers and unhealthy food. Well worth it :)

Undead

Welcome back Crash!

Considering what they said a year back or so: zero to none.

I'm not into the numbers, but if it's a success on X1, why not offer it as well, if possible?

That's what I'm wondering, if they see it as a success then they could backtrack on it. they do have a history of backtracking on things.

Tizoc

Anyone got a countdown timer made for when the event starts?

Looking forward to the PS4 Console Exclusives ;)

RazMaTaz

Banned
That is what me and my friends have been doing for few years now. We're all getting a day off so we can stay up all day and night at my house. We play games, read news, watch live all the conferences, etc. etc. All that mixed with lots of beers and unhealthy food. Well worth it :)

lol I plan to do the same. Cant say for the last 2 years as I had job interviews, so as tempting as it was to watch it on the day, i had to surpress myself. On a plus note i got the jobs on both occassions :p

lawtowler

Nothing could top last year for me. FF7 remake and Shenmue 3 being announced almost back to back, topped off with TLG gameplay.

Things I'd like to see:

Shenmue I & II HD announcement
Ni No Kuni 2 gameplay
Destiny DLC and Destiny 2 tease
More information on the Resident Evil 2 remake
In depth Horizon gameplay
Uncharted 4 single player DLC annoucement/tease
More Final Fantasy 7 information
More TLG gameplay/information
Mass Effect: Andromena
Kingdom Hearts 3 information
The Last of Us 2 tease

From the above I feel the following are unlikely for various reasons:
Shenmue I & II announcement
Destiny 2 tease
The Last of Us 2 tease

The following is almost guaranteed:
Destiny DLC
Ni No Kuni 2 gameplay
More TLG
ME: Andromena
Horizon in depth gameplay

Lucifon

Stupid time once again, no reason this year either with EA not doing theirs on Monday night means there's going to be a 3-4 hour gap (or something along those lines) between Ubi and Sony. I'll be heading to bed and catching up in the morning. Sony are almost always late and drag on a fair amount too.

What I'm expecting:

- Uncharted 4 DLC Trailer
- Crash Bandicoot 4 announcement teaser
- Horizon gameplay + Releasedate
- TLG Trailer + Releasedate
- FF VII:R trailer
- Ni No Kuni 2
- Something Destiny
- COD gameplay
- God of War 4 trailer
- Sony Bend announcement
- GT Sports trailer + Releasedate
- Indies

Maybe unlikely but it would be cool:
- Shenmue 1+2 announcement
- New JRPG by Sony
- Detroit trailer
- Wild gameplay
- Kingdom Hearts 3

Rob2K19

Expecting Shinji Hashimoto to come on stage wearing a shirt showing the behind of Aqua on it then the Kingdom Hearts 2.8 trailer plays and reveals her face. Crowd goes wild and sheds tear over her beauty.

Liamc723

From the above I feel the following are unlikely for various reasons:
Destiny 2 tease

The following is almost guaranteed:
Destiny DLC

I think it depends on when Destiny 2 releases.

We're certainly seeing this year's expansion, but I could see us getting a short Destiny 2 tease if the game is scheduled for release in the first few months of 2017. If Destiny 2 is coming late next year though, I don't expect it until PSX.

aAMn22R.gif
This makes me grin so hard, amazing moment.

I hope the theater experience returns again this year.

JunkoEve

None of this stupid Persona 5 vs. Final Fantasy XV war bullshit. The fact that we're getting two very high profile, big budget console JRPGs in the same year should be glorified, not turned into some dumb "one or the other" nonsense. Hopefully they're both showcased at the conference.

Hallelujah

silva1991

What sucks about Sony conferences now is that time is inevitably lost to Destiny and COD coverage.

Yeah :(

every knows about the yearly released COD without even a trailer.

wasting minutes on a game that has the most disliked video on Youtube history lol

not that everyone and their mothers watched the trailer and knew about the game or anything.

kyser73

What I hope for:

Solid info on Neo - doesn't have to be price & date, just acknowledgement it exists and maybe one or two sneaky peaks.

TLG to be the 'Now available from PSN store' announcement.

Firm dates on GTS (although I'm betting on October 26th as a PSVR launch title) & Horizon...even if it's 2017.

Some cool shit, which is almost guaranteed.

A livestram of a high-level play RIGS game and some pit there PSVR IPs

My ultimate wish:

PSVR Wip3out

Alright, time to make some predictions...

- God of War 4 is there. The norse is real. Will begin the conference and the footage featured will be used to showcase the PS4K or whatever it's called now.
- PS4K details announced. Specs, price, release date (fall this year). I won't care though 'cos I don't like this iterative console horseshit one bit.
- VR gets a little attention, but nothing on the scale of PSX last year. No live demos, but expect montages.
- A new Dreams demonstration, designed squarely to better explain to a wide audience what the hell it's all about.
- A very extravagant, showboaty FFXV trailer appears. No mention of FFVIIR at all during the entire conference. I wanted to see Aeris. :(
- Bend's new game Dead Don't Ride is unveiled. Follows your typical open-world AAA model to a tee. I'm not impressed.
- Some Ubisoft dev presents some footage for the just-announced-at-Ubisoft's-presser Watch Dogs 2, coupled with timed-exclusive content and all that bullshit. Game looks hot though because it's one of the very few interesting things Ubi is working on.
- More Horizon footage, this time deviating away from the familiar shoot-dinosaurs-in-a-field action into more unexpected territory. 2017 release window.
- Boyes strides on stage, whips out a big fat announcement in the form of Shenmue HD Collection. No sight of Shenmue III.
- Persona 5 gets a short trailer paired with a release date for US territories. Not even going to guess when it's coming out.
- Indies.
- The Capcom love affair continues despite SFV's tepid performance in the charts. Resident Evil 7 is unleashed upon the world. The die-hards complain that it looks too bombastic and isn't in the spirit of the earlier titles. They have every right to complain.
- Surprisingly, there's no Destiny fart-huffing to be had this time around. Destiny's non-appearance makes Boyes look like a broken man as a result. (Expect a blow-out for the sequel next year though).
- Activision zzzz. Call of Duty zzzz. Timed-exclusive content zzzz. DLC announcement zzzz. A million tiny voices plead Sony to wrap it up.
- The Last Guardian gets a new trailer that is very much on the lean side, with a specific release date tagged on at the end. Game remains shrouded in mystery.
- Japan Studio's big-budget JRPG is shown off. Looks glorious. Is a surprise highlight of the event.
- Conference ends on Layden or House mentioning the 20th anniversary of a certain shorts-wearing marsupial. Segue into a trailer that mixes humorous cutscene footage and gameplay. Naughty Dog's logo appears at the end. Sony suit boasts that they now own the rights to Crash Bandicoot. BAM!

No sight nor sound of Gravity Rush 2, GT Sport, Detroit or Ni no Kuni 2. No Sucker Punch, no Spiderman. No Knack 2 (thank God). Ape Escape 4 is saved for TGS.

Eggbok

What sucks about Sony conferences now is that time is inevitably lost to Destiny and COD coverage.

While I do agree I think it's hilarious that the "worst" games of the conference are the ones that are extremely popular and sell like crazy lol.

Liamc723

- God of War 4 is there. The norse is real. Will begin the conference and the footage featured will be used to showcase the PS4K or whatever it's called now.
- PS4K details announced. Specs, price, release date (fall this year). I won't care though 'cos I don't like this iterative console horseshit one bit.
- VR gets a little attention, but nothing on the scale of PSX last year. No live demos, but expect montages.
- A new Dreams demonstration, designed squarely to better explain to a wide audience what the hell it's all about.
- A very extravagant, showboaty FFXV trailer appears. No mention of FFVIIR at all during the entire conference. I wanted to see Aeris. :(
- Bend's new game Dead Don't Ride is unveiled. Follows your typical open-world AAA model to a tee. I'm not impressed.
- Some Ubisoft dev presents some footage for the just-announced-at-Ubisoft's-presser Watch Dogs 2, coupled with timed-exclusive content and all that bullshit. Game looks hot though because it's one of the very few interesting things Ubi is working on.
- More Horizon footage, this time deviating away from the familiar shoot-dinosaurs-in-a-field action into more unexpected territory. 2017 release window.
- Boyes strides on stage, whips out a big fat announcement in the form of Shenmue HD Collection. No sight of Shenmue III.
- Persona 5 gets a short trailer paired with a release date for US territories. Not even going to guess when it's coming out.
- Indies.
- The Capcom love affair continues despite SFV's tepid performance in the charts. Resident Evil 7 is unleashed upon the world. The die-hards complain that it looks too bombastic and isn't in the spirit of the earlier titles. They have every right to complain.
- Surprisingly, there's no Destiny fart-huffing to be had this time around. Destiny's non-appearance makes Boyes look like a broken man as a result. (Expect a blow-out for the sequel next year though).
- Activision zzzz. Call of Duty zzzz. Timed-exclusive content zzzz. DLC announcement zzzz. A million tiny voices plead Sony to wrap it up.
- The Last Guardian gets a new trailer that is very much on the lean side, with a specific release date tagged on at the end. Game remains shrouded in mystery.
- Japan Studio's big-budget JRPG is shown off. Looks glorious. Is a surprise highlight of the event.
- Conference ends on Layden or House mentioning the 20th anniversary of a certain shorts-wearing marsupial. Segue into a trailer that mixes humorous cutscene footage and gameplay. Naughty Dog's logo appears at the end. Sony suit boasts that they now own the rights to Crash Bandicoot. BAM!

No sight nor sound of Gravity Rush 2, GT Sport, Detroit or Ni no Kuni 2. No Sucker Punch, no Spiderman. No Knack 2 (thank God). Ape Escape 4 is saved for TGS.

There's no way we'll see Shenmue HD Collection this year, Sega have only just said they're looking into the possibility of it.

The new Destiny expansion will be there, that's all but confirmed.

There's no way we'll see Shenmue HD Collection this year, Sega have only just said they're looking into the possibility of it.

The new Destiny expansion will be there, that's all but confirmed.

What Sega say publically and what's happening behind the scenes are two very different things. I think they're being coy regarding those recent comments.

I didn't hear anything about a new expansion pack for Destiny. Fair enough then, I'm wrong on that count - bring on the fart-huffing I suppose.

DKHF

Since many others are posting predictions here are mine: (updated from this March post)

First Party:
Horizon Zero Dawn stage demo and trailer (with a February 2017 release date given)
The Last Guardian trailer with the release date (September 2016)
Dead Don't Ride trailer, announced for 2017 (probably gets delayed to 2018 at a later date)
God of War 4 trailer, announced for 2017
Dreams trailer, given a 2017 launch year
Gravity Rush 2 trailer, given an August 2016 release date
GT Sport trailer, some details about how it will use PSVR, October 2016 release date (Update: skeptical on a release date being given at E3 now considering the GT Sport event happening this week where it will probably get a date)
Sucker Punch Spider-Man game (more wishful thinking, and it probably isn't ready to be announced yet even if it is happening)
Bloodborne II (coming Q1/Q2 2017)

Crash Bandicoot's return
Detroit: Become Human stage demo and given a "2017" release year
No Man's Sky launch trailer

More PSVR games announced.

Third party:
Shenmue III trailer
Ni no Kuni II trailer
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare stage demo
2016 Destiny Expansion trailer
Watch Dogs 2 trailer (after having been revealed earlier in the day at Ubisoft's conference)
Final Fantasy XV trailer
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 (showing 0.2 BBS gameplay) + III trailers back to back
Nier: Automata short trailer with release date
Ni-Oh short trailer with release date
Persona 5 short trailer with US release date

Sadly I now think KHIII and FFVIIR might not be shown at all so as not to distract from FFXV. But KHIII has had a presence at every E3 since its announcement so I think it will be there, even if in a limited form.

Sarobi

Banned

It's not really lost time, though. If they decided to not to talk/show something from these games for whatever reason at the very last minute, you'd probably see them do something even more boring in order to stretch the conference's time out. If they had more to show or talk about other than these games, they'd do it.

Liamc723

What Sega say publically and what's happening behind the scenes are two very different things. I think they're being coy regarding those recent comments.

I didn't hear anything about a new expansion pack for Destiny. Fair enough then, I'm wrong on that count - bring on the fart-huffing I suppose.

I hope you're right about Sega, but I don't see it.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/44353/7_This-Week-At-Bungie--02112016

Destiny expansion at the end of the year, and Destiny 2 next year.

Temascos

Neo Member
Oh boy, this should hopefully be a decent E3. Of the Sony press conferences I've enjoyed I'd say 2009, 2013 and 2015 and I hope 2016 continues that trend :)

Long as there's a good push for new IP and a release date is confirmed for The Last Guardian that should be fine. It's a good time to see what the other studios have cooking, and of course third-party surprises, some JRPG love needs to be given, badly.

This will be my first E3 as a GAF member, I won't be watching it live (Thanks to living in the lovely UK) but I hope to give my thoughts afterwards, one of the fun things about E3 is looking back on people's reactions as things happened.

Speaking of which, I've been looking for the E3 2009 Sony conference thread but can't seem to find it, is it lost to the ravages of the internet? Wanna see what the reactions were to Uncharted 2 and The Last Guardian (The first time around!)

univbee

Gonna make a prediction that they're going to plan something major with PSNow to attempt to compete with the Xbox One's Backwards Compatibility, I feel like Sony probably has the structure in place to start offering something along those lines:

- PSNow subscribers will have access to most/all of their owned PS3 digital library if there's no legal issue in place explicitly preventing the PSNow service from doing it for a specific title.
- It'll either become part of PS+ or there'll be a PS++ offering it (e.g. subbing to PSNow also grants you PS+ at no extra cost, so $99 or less/year for both)

Can't wait!

Sadly I now think KHIII and FFVIIR might not be shown at all so as not to distract from FFXV. But KHIII has had a presence at every E3 since its announcement so I think it will be there, even if in a limited form.

That's a good big list. Yeah, even though FFXV won't be out yet I still think KH 2.8/KH3 will be in there, it feels like KH's turn and KH 2.8 should be getting pretty close. It would also get a ton of cheers as something that wasn't in the Sony conference last year.

Apathy

some bloodborne 2 action, pleeeeease.

I just prefer the setting/story vs dark/demon's souls, and we dont get enough victorian/lovecraftian settings

Can't wait!

That's a good big list. Yeah, even though FFXV won't be out yet I still think KH 2.8/KH3 will be in there, it feels like KH's turn and KH 2.8 should be getting pretty close. It would also get a ton of cheers as something that wasn't in the Sony conference last year.

No way Sony wastes time on KH's 2.8. If it gets mentioned at all it'll be after a KH3 trailer with a release date announced (for it not KH3).

Daft Punk

Banned

- Indies.

This is a very depressing conference.

some bloodborne 2 action, pleeeeease.

I just prefer the setting/story vs dark/demon's souls, and we dont get enough victorian/lovecraftian settings

My dream announcement, but I think it's too early.

Demon's Souls Remastered would be a nice thing to tide us over though.

JamesAR15

Cross-Posting from the 2016 E3 thread...

2016 Sony E3 of dreams...Props to Drac84 for the original

• Show opens with a trailer for new Crash. Thunderous applause
  • The applause transitions into screams as Jack Tretton, who has been temporarily reinstated as head of SCIE for 2 hours, takes the stage to MC the event
  • Announces a PS4 price-drop to $99. PS4 Neo is $99 upgrade for existing PS4 owners, Can barely hear him over the screams.
  • The lights dim as a new gameplay trailer for Horizon is shown. The graphical fidelity of the dinosaurs causes several attendees to become hysterical. Paramedics take them away and call for backup.
  • The SEGA logo illuminates the screen. Shenmue 1 & 2 HD collection announced, bundled freely with Shenmue 3, exclusive to PS4.
  • Kojima takes the stage. MGS 1, 2 and 3 to be remade in his brand new LUDENS engine for PS4. As is Snatcher. Norman Reedus and Del Toro join him on stage for a 10 minute gameplay demo of Silent Hills. Tears stream down the faces of the audience the entire time.
  • Boyes sprints on stage dressed as Santa Claus, complete with Santa’s Sack. ‘I have some more gifts for you” he says, causing uncontrollable trembling in all present.
  • Did somebody say Dino Crisis 4? Yes. Adam Boyes did, JUST NOW. He makes an awkward joke about PS4 being the undisputed home of dinosaurs. The reveal trailer shows Regina in a mech-suit fighting a T-Rex, 12 Raptors and a misguided Stegosaurus atop a mountain during a hurricane.
  • Boyes drops his Santa Sack on the floor and opens it. Shinji Hashimoto jumps out. The audience has been crying for so long that large swaths of people are losing brain function due to low salt-levels.
  • He doesn’t need to ask people to please be excited; there isn’t a dry seat in the room.
  • New trailer shown for Kingdom Hearts. Mandy Moore is back as Aerith. “One more thing.” Audience holds its breath. FFVII HD remaster is available NOW on PSN. Many audience members forget to resume breathing. The death count is getting out of control.
  • Amid the chaos, Chris Metzen takes the stage. PS4 exclusive Starcraft Ghost revealed. Paramedics have to restrain a man from clawing his own eyes out, such is the intensity of the reveal trailer.
  • Tretton takes the stage, visibly shaken by the carnage before him. But the show must go on. PSN name changes sorted out, PS2 trophy support.
  • A turnbuckle and wrestling ropes rise from the stage, and Shu rushes towards it and reaches over with his outstretched hand. Tretton tags him in.
  • Medieval, Dark Cloud, Syphon Filter, Colony Wars and Wip3out have all been green-lit for PS4 games. The amount of happening in the room is causing cracks to appear in the walls of the theatre.
  • Kratos appears on screen. He's fighting the Gods of ancient Norse mythology. Trailer concludes with him disembowling Odin with a Dane Axe.
  • Naughty Dog logo appears. First footage of their new IP is shown, somehow it actually looks better than Uncharted 4 and is running at 1080p/60fps solid, a woman in the front row to go into premature labour. She wasn’t even pregnant when the show began.
  • Tretton thanks people for attending and watching at home, emergency rooms are at breaking point. Too much hype has been spilled this day.
  • “Oh, just one more thing”
  • The Rockstar logo appears on screen Leslie Benzies takes the stage, thats right they got THE BENZ back, it looks like they are making a Red Dead movie....oh shit thats Red Dead Redemption 2 in photorealistic 1080p/60fps...Chunks of concrete fall from the ceiling, crushing those below. The room can’t handle all of the feels pulsating out of gamers as the audience is too transfixed to run. The internet as we once knew it is dead. People watching at home scramble to put batteries in CB radios, hoping to pick up military chatter about E3.
  • Only one attendee remains alive in the theatre. His glasses shattered while watching Sora, Donald and Goofy wage battle with Prince Hans, sparing his eyes from what followed. Scrambling over the corpses in the theatre, he takes refuge under a desk with Jack Tretton.
  • “Is it over?” he asks Jack tentatively.
  • “Yes” sighs Jack. “Well, except for one more thing”
  • The roof explodes, allowing a helicopter to lower someone down onto the stage.
  • It’s Gaben. Half-life 3 confirmed. Console exclusive on PS4. Available for download on Steam and PS4 RIGHT NOW.
If it eventuates it’d only be a solid 7/10 show because no Agent or SOCOM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom