• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn stream is live now

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
It being a woman probably helped weed out the assholes that wouldn't be interested in it because of her gender anyway.

The demo begging! Though I can't blame them, I'd eat up a beefy demo of this game like I did Ni-Oh. Just gimme a big open area full of robos and let me just run around exploring the gameplay and graphics.

Loudninja

Piratical health bar? Like this?
latest
opps meant practical! :p

ZSeba

They shouldn't play it the exact same way as in the demo. Everyone who watches this has seen that already.

Why run across there for example like in the demo, stay a bit and show us the big robos!

Because it's a vertical slice, that game may break if they don't play it in that specific way

Dinda

Because it's a vertical slice, that game may break if they don't play it in that specific way

Yeah, it's clear that they couldn't go somewhere totally else or do something different. But i had hoped they wouldn't go the exact same way, for example not just go straight to the village with the mount. I would have hoped they would have taken a slightly different route for example, or stop somewhere on the way and look around a bit. These things.

Was still a great demo. Fantastic gameplay.

Some Nobody

Colin on Kinda Funny said you could play for hours and that they showed a village in the E3 demo. Is none of that here and it's just the Sony playthrough?

Dinda

Colin on Kinda Funny said you could play for hours and that they showed a village in the E3 demo. Is none of that here and it's just the Sony playthrough?

basically the same as Sony demo, yes. The fight is a bit different of course etc, but nothing really new like the village or another part of the map.

wapplew

This has got to be the only Western Open-world game where I'm actually impressed by the combat mechanics they've shown.

Looking forward to it.

They seems to nail that combat, so dynamic and fluid, animation on character and robot are super neat.

It's not a vertical slice. Hermen said the demo is part of the game.

However, its' also clear that GG has no mandate to show anything more than what they've shared at E3. We have to wait until the next media cycle for Horizon before we get to see anything new that is news-worthy.

ClearData

That stuff was behind closed doors. The stream was the E3 type demo, but replayed by the Streamer. I noticed he didn't ride directly to the boss and paused to look at the scenery. He also entered the village from a different direction. The fight was also fairly brutal. The corrupted machine landed several solid hits on Alloy before the guy playing it could vanquish it. It may be he just was a new player and was learning as he was playing.

bombshell

36 skills and it seems you get a skill point to unlock 1 skill each time you level up. (1 skill is unlocked, player is level 12 and has 11 unused skill points)

Edit: Or does he have 3 skills unlocked? Hard to see exactly.

Raptor

Hud looks simplistic, a Robo Trex head siloute at the start of the life bar you know to make it classy.

Like this:

lifebardgkyx.jpg

Venture

Watching this game again it just hit me that it has a really strong Princess Mononoke vibe.

The environment and society.

The mounted archery combat.

The way the machine creatures get corrupted and go feral.

No wonder I love this game so much.

Dinda

Watching this game again it just hit me that it has a really strong Princess Mononoke vibe.

The environment and society.

The mounted archery combat.

The way the machine creatures get corrupted and go feral.

No wonder I love this game so much.

John Gonzalez said in an Interview that both Mononoke and Nausicaä where among the inpirations for the story.

MysteryM

Just checked out the e3 demo for the first time. I'm impressed. I could see me myself picking up a ps4 at some point to play this and uncharted.

Hopefully it gets great reviews, certainly looks like it will so far.

Venture

John Gonzalez said in an Interview that both Mononoke and Nausicaä where among the inpirations for the story.
That's great to hear. If the story is anywhere near as good as the graphics and gameplay look to be it will really be something special.

Top Bottom