• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |Mafia OT| The Night Brims With Defiled Scum

When you say seath(was role blocked) you mean he was role blocked or you were role blocked?

And what makes you think scum didn't target Haly? With a missing night 1 kill, that would be the logical assumption.

When you say seath(was role blocked) you mean he was role blocked or you were role blocked?

And what makes you think scum didn't target Haly? With a missing night 1 kill, that would be the logical assumption.

i was role blocked(don't know if its because i tried to protect him or not)
as for haly i'm not sure what happend on day one exactly as i said i was kinda overwhelmed and after seeing what happend to nudull i tried to lay low till at least half the people were dead.

i was role blocked(don't know if its because i tried to protect him or not)
as for haly i'm not sure what happend on day one exactly as i said i was kinda overwhelmed and after seeing what happend to nudull i tried to lay low till at least half the people were dead.

So either we have two roleblockers, or one of you or Seath is lying. Was there any
flavour to the block?

roytheone

Yeah.....2 town doctors is pretty much impossible, especially if they don't have any restrictions. Then they could just end up protecting each other and be immortal if scum no longer has any powers to intervene. I can see mensis also having a doctor though, would make sense to give them the ability to protect themselves and their kin from chair and the healing church.

From the 2, JQK was forced to claim and was very reserved with giving details, while vanguard counterclaimed and directly gave his name and targets. JQK his claim is way scummier then vanguard's.

vote: johnnyquicknives

That brings him on 5 with 7 being majority. Has everyone posted today already? Ending the day without giving everyone the time to post is never a good idea imo.

Also, 3 people misspelled JQK his name the same way in their votes :)

Alright, so I've been thinking about bringing this up, I noticed it on Day 2 but figured it was a coincidence, however it happened again this past night and so here it is.

Note of course that Verelios ended up as scum and so the idea of a scum roleblocker protecting him seems very likely.

Another possibility is the role blocker being mensis and wanting to protect someone that had a lot of BP. Since mensis doesn't have a kill, it would make sense to give them an ability to help counter vigs and trackers, or else they can only hope they don't get targeted or that church does the work for them.

Kalor

We're one vote away from majority. I'm okay with lynching johnny but I'll hold my vote until everyone has posted. Seath would be a good lynch tomorrow since only one person has been blocked every night and I'm willing to believe Vanguard was blocked.

It's strange that we haven't had anymore kin claims. You would think that since it apparently doesn't change your alignment that you would always announce it as soon as you turn.

unvote

Turbo ING before everyone got the chance to post is not a good idea. And I echo Crimson curiosity about the rb flavor.

Nope.

agreed i want everyone to post aswell
No flavor at all just a pm saying my night action was blocked
i suspected the person who blocked me was going to continue blocking me. therefor making me useless

i suspected the person who blocked me was going to continue blocking me. therefor making me useless

This contradicts what Freak said earlier

Can't write too much now - on my iPad at work. Was anxiously waiting to see if I was attacked. I wasn't.

A mysterious figure blocked my shot last night so I was clearly role blocked. I expected it to happen and consider it a win for town... Unless it was town who blocked me. It's pretty obvious that scum wanted to stop me from shooting my suspected targets... Either as a diversion or to protect one of their own. I think we need to lynch one of them, either nudull or verelios. I think the verelios lynch had too much traction for him to be mafia so I'm going with my yesterday vote of nudull.

Vote: Nudull

Unfortunately now I suspect Kristoffer to be part of Mensis.

roytheone

I am starting to suspect we have two role blockers: one town and one scum (mensis?). It doesn't really make a lot of sense for scum to block you and then go and kill FEP. I doubt they would have picked up on you being the doctor, and even if they did you wouldn't protect FEP since he said no doctor should anymore. So blocking you as the doctor to kill FEP makes very little sense, especially you over seath or chair. A town blocker would make more sense, since you are a bit of a low key entity in this game, and scum tends to use low key members to make their kills. I could see a town blocker blocking you to see if you are scum doing the kills.

After Crimson pulling out the Kristoffer post about Flame_AC not being Mensis I'm convinced he's not... however I still find it weird Kristoffer went so hard on Hobohodo without him being one of his targets. Unless he had multiple town targets? Still weird. Either way, due to the reveals and the fact that if Vanguard is lying we will just turbo him the next day, it's pretty safe to go for Johnnyquicknives. The having no flavor roleblock text is a little strange but I'm not sure if it's something that's consistent between nights - I definitely got the PM that I said I got (mysterious figure).

Let's see what happens... I've been right about all of my votes so far and my gut is telling me the same here.

VOTE: johnnyquicknives

Camjo-Z

WOAH! Who could have seen this turn of events coming?

Vanguard could be lying, but I thought yesterday's doc claim was far more convenient and far more fishy, so I'm OK with voting for johnny again. Plus, if Vanguard is lying he's only bought himself a day.

VOTE: johnnyquicknives

roytheone

Think that's 7 if the misspelt ones count.

Yeah, but until a mod officially calls it, everybody is still allowed to post I think. So if anyone still wants to say something today, now is probably the time. Still sucks for MickeyD and magnum that didn't even had the chance to post something :(

After Crimson pulling out the Kristoffer post about Flame_AC not being Mensis I'm convinced he's not... however I still find it weird Kristoffer went so hard on Hobohodo without him being one of his targets. Unless he had multiple town targets? Still weird. Either way, due to the reveals and the fact that if Vanguard is lying we will just turbo him the next day, it's pretty safe to go for Johnnyquicknives. The having no flavor roleblock text is a little strange but I'm not sure if it's something that's consistent between nights - I definitely got the PM that I said I got (mysterious figure).

Let's see what happens... I've been right about all of my votes so far and my gut is telling me the same here.
I don't even need the day if i'm lying i want you to shoot me if he's a Town doctor(Blood minister) go ahead you have my blessing to kill me.

RetroMG

The citizens of Yharnam tied Johnny to the stake. He murmured feverishly. “Yes! Yes. Your doom comes so quick. So quick like the knives in the dark that stab and tear. Stab and tear until it’s done. So quick.”

He never screamed. That was the worst thing. He simply gibbered like that until the flames robbed him of his ability to speak.

When his cellar door was opened, fourteen young women flooded out into the sunlight.

Johnnyquicknives, the kidnapper, has been removed from the game!

Welcome, johnnyquicknives. The Blood tells me that you are the Kidnapper. You are aligned with the School of Mensis. (That means you worship the Old Ones.)

The Old Ones wish you to bring more people into the fold, to be the harbingers of their glorious resurrection. You will be their tools in this endeavor.

You are not alone.

You win the game by converting all players to the ways of the Old Ones. Each night, you may PM ScraftyDevil with the command JAIL: <NAME>. This will prevent the targeted player from using any of their night actions, but will also protect them from any killing commands. Also, the targeted player will receive 1 KB point. Once a player has received a total of 5 KB, they will be transformed into Kin of the Cosmos and bring you one step closer to erasing the world&#8217;s dreadful ignorance.

May the Good Blood Guide your Way.

Day 5 has ended.

The Hunt will resume in:

red_1468098000.png

Final vote count:

johnnyquicknives (7)
flame_ac 1590
roytheone 1606 (1612)
crimsonfist 1607
zippedpinhead 1609
freakinchair 1618
camjo-z 1619
squidyj 1591
ii-vanguard-ii 1594
crimsonfist 1600 (1607)

ii-vanguard-ii (1)
seath 1572

roytheone (0)
squidyj 1568 (1591)

Another night, another death.

Tonight's victim was found in their house surrounded by madly paranoid scrapings, the symptoms of deep-seated fear which birthed their deep distrust for others.

How much more blood must be spilled before the town of Yharnam can finally be at peace?

Seath, the Suspicious Person, has been slaughtered.

Welcome, Seath. The Blood tells me that you are a Suspicious Person. You are aligned with the Town of Yharnam. (That’s the Town.)

Hmm. Well, you’re an unusual one, aren’t you. No special blood, not extra powers, just a proclivity for sneakiness. Well, that can be put to use in a town like Yharnam.

Each night, you can PM ScraftyDevil the command TRACK: <NAME>, and find out who that player visited during the night. You will not be able to see what kind of action they performed, only who, if anyone, they visited.

You win when you have eliminated all threats to the Town of Yharnam.

Game Thread is Here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1229044

Good luck, Sir.

Day 6 begins.

The Blood Moon rises in:

red_1468357200.png

roytheone

I find it interesting they went for Seath and not verilios. That is a big risk to take,they already lost their strongman killer.

Also interesting : I got a PM saying my transformation got reversed and I am back to normal.

Kalor

I find it interesting they went for Seath and not verilios. That is a big risk to take,they already lost their strongman killer.

Also interesting : I got a PM saying my transformation got reversed and I am back to normal.

I didn't expect that there would be a way to reverse someones transformation. I wonder if that's a neutral role who has to remove Mensis as I don't know if we would have a town doctor and a town unconverter.

roytheone

I didn't expect that there would be a way to reverse someones transformation. I wonder if that's a neutral role who has to remove Mensis as I don't know if we would have a town doctor and a town unconverter.

Could be a neutral role, but I wouldn't know why It couldn't be a town role. An unconverter and doctor are kinda polar opposite roles. One can counter church but is useless against Mensis, the other can counter Mensis but it's useless against church.

Flame_AC

Could be a neutral role, but I wouldn't know why It couldn't be a town role. An unconverter and doctor are kinda polar opposite roles. One can counter church but is useless against Mensis, the other can counter Mensis but it's useless against church.

Seems like it would be a reasonable assumption in regards to the roles.

squidyj

Okay guys. This might come across as a leap but I have some information that you all are not necessarily party to, and outside of a confirmed mensis or healing church target I think we need to lynch roytheone. I'm asking you to trust in me as a member of the town and vote for roytheone. I know he says he's been healed but there were aspects of his initial conversion claim that I found suspicious and I don't think we can believe this claim either.

Vote: Roytheone

Camjo-Z

The tracker died when we still have the doc, really? Who exactly was more important to save tonight? But I digress.

Okay guys. This might come across as a leap but I have some information that you all are not necessarily party to, and outside of a confirmed mensis or healing church target I think we need to lynch roytheone. I'm asking you to trust in me as a member of the town and vote for roytheone. I know he says he's been healed but there were aspects of his initial conversion claim that I found suspicious and I don't think we can believe this claim either.

Vote: Roytheone

TBH this is how I'm leaning too. I did a little timeline for roy to be converted by D3 and the math is kind of weird.

Night 1 - Mazre gives out 2 points to 2 different players. Johnny roleblocks roy for an additional point. There must be just one more Mensis member who is only able to give out one point per person, as otherwise roy would be converted by D2.
Day 2 - Mazre dies.
Night 2 - Freakinchair is roleblocked and given a point by johnny. If roy recieved 4 points on N1, he could still be fully converted by the third member.
Day 3 - Roy claims converted.

While it is possible that roy could have been converted by D3, it seems really unbalanced for Mensis to only be able to give out a measly 2 points per night after Mazre is gone, especially if there's a player who can take away points as suggested by roy's supposed unconversion. They'd pretty much never be able to win. I think something is up.

VOTE: roytheone

Flame_AC

I was more of the opinion that Roy could be lying because in the previous day we discussed killing off the converted Mensis players. Roy naturally doesn't want that and came up with this role. Either he's lying about the new role he mentioned or we're gaining more information on the endgame in regard to Mensis's ability to convert.

Vote: roytheone

Unvote

Just so we don't get to high in the votecount, need to hear from everybody.

MickD

Certainly. Omgus sounds dirty.

I just have a feeling you're not town? You post less than I do, so I dunno between you and this new Roy info I'm torn - I'd like to put you on the block. I'm not going back 1700 posts on my phone to go through specifics. Plus I JUST asked to hear from you and you answered my question with a question.. you're playing yourself homie.

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member

I just have a feeling you're not town? You post less than I do, so I dunno between you and this new Roy info I'm torn - I'd like to put you on the block. I'm not going back 1700 posts on my phone to go through specifics. Plus I JUST asked to hear from you and you answered my question with a question.. you're playing yourself homie.
Dude, you're more scummy then I am, just look at the votes. On day one, I voted for ri'orius while you voted for camjo. On day two, I voted for mazre while you voted for camjo...again. on day three, I voted for weemad while you voted for haly. On day four, I voted for verelios while you voted for JQK. We both didn't vote on day five, since it was ended early due to a turbo.

Overall I voted for: healing church,mensis,healing church, and healing church. You voted for: camjo twice(who is town leaning), a player that flipped town, and a player that flipped mensis. I may be a bad player, but I am certainly not scum.

MickD

And clearly I would've voted JQK on the turbo if I didn't simply forget. Oops. It happened way too fast for a lot of us to even jump in. So how does that make me look scummy?

I'm off Camjo (for now) & Haly was a weird one I admit. This game is strange because it's all gut feelings with very little to nothing to go on, which is fine ... but you piss people off easily, which I hate. I have absolutely zero reads anymore, you were in question in my notes.

Unvote - MagnumBoy20xx

squidyj

I think someone might do something real fucking stupid so I'm going to preempt that shit.
The information I was talking about earlier was this.

I have been invited to a gossip chat, it happened a few nights ago.
The other night roy was invited to our gossip group.
That night the gossip was converted.
Last night another member of the gossip group was converted.
Roy worked up a scheme to claim that he was healed and that I or another member would pretend to be converted while the gossip would pretend to have not been converted for the sake of 'confusing mensis'

Names are withheld, hopefully I'm protecting the innocent with that.

roytheone

The tracker died when we still have the doc, really? Who exactly was more important to save tonight? But I digress.

TBH this is how I'm leaning too. I did a little timeline for roy to be converted by D3 and the math is kind of weird.

Night 1 - Mazre gives out 2 points to 2 different players. Johnny roleblocks roy for an additional point. There must be just one more Mensis member who is only able to give out one point per person, as otherwise roy would be converted by D2.
Day 2 - Mazre dies.
Night 2 - Freakinchair is roleblocked and given a point by johnny. If roy recieved 4 points on N1, he could still be fully converted by the third member.
Day 3 - Roy claims converted.

While it is possible that roy could have been converted by D3, it seems really unbalanced for Mensis to only be able to give out a measly 2 points per night after Mazre is gone, especially if there's a player who can take away points as suggested by roy's supposed unconversion. They'd pretty much never be able to win. I think something is up.

VOTE: roytheone

Thats a huge jump to a conclusion. I personally think mensis didn't want to convert anyone night 1 since that would out their existence. After mazre died day 2, that was no longer relevant. Also, it is probably better for them to have a lot of people with a lot of points but aren't converted yet, since that would leave us in the dark about how close they are to winning.

Band wagon vote during date night in yarnham

vote: roytheone

I got Johnny finally so I'm back at square one on reads...

Be careful with bandwagons in this phase of the game. Majority is 6 I think? And another day that ends in an early turbo with little discussion isn't good for town.

You asked him to role claim. That's a bit more then just asking to hear from him.

And clearly I would've voted JQK on the turbo if I didn't simply forget. Oops. It happened way too fast for a lot of us to even jump in. So how does that make me look scummy?

I'm off Camjo (for now) & Haly was a weird one I admit. This game is strange because it's all gut feelings with very little to nothing to go on, which is fine ... but you piss people off easily, which I hate. I have absolutely zero reads anymore, you were in question in my notes.

Unvote - MagnumBoy20xx

I don't think the votes of yesterday will tell us a lot. It was so obvious JQK was scum that his partners would be forced to bus him.

I think someone might do something real fucking stupid so I'm going to preempt that shit.

Roy worked up a scheme to claim that he was healed and that I or another member would pretend to be converted while the gossip would pretend to have not been converted for the sake of 'confusing mensis'

Sigh, what is it with me and gossip chats that make it so that any gambit discussed there gets bombarded by another gossip chat member? That happened in gafia 2 too. :(

Camjo-Z

I know the feel of coming up with a brilliant plan in a gossip chat only to be screwed over by the person you thought was down for it...
NIN THAT ARSONIST PLAN WOULD HAVE FUCKING WORKED!! WHY!! WHY!!

Ahem... anyway, I'm not sure how you got "we should lynch roy" from that information. What about that (and for that matter, his initial conversion claim) did you find suspicious?

Thats a huge jump to a conclusion. I personally think mensis didn't want to convert anyone night 1 since that would out their existence. After mazre died day 2, that was no longer relevant. Also, it is probably better for them to have a lot of people with a lot of points but aren't converted yet, since that would leave us in the dark about how close they are to winning.

It wasn't that big of a jump at the time, but now that I know at least two more people have been converted and just decided to not tell anyone, it's clearly based on faulty evidence.

UNVOTE

Top Bottom