• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |Mafia OT| The Night Brims With Defiled Scum

Flame_AC

I don't want you to do anything right now, I want to see Freakichair's big post that will be ready in like 2 hours. Then we'll go from there.

roytheone

Remember why would they give a new player a role other than town?

Wut? Don't you think it would be incredible unfair towards scum to never give scum roles to new players? That gives town a couple of confirmed townies from the get go. Random role assignments are absolutely vital for any Mafia game to be fair.

MickD

Thanks for believing in me. Always knew you were one of the good ones.

My voting history which I keep harping on as my saving grace needs to show that I have killed members of each faction even fucked up with Haly but whatever. I never voted for ri'ous because it didn't count D1. It's obvious where I stand. My vote for myself would leave me dying for town with a bit of dignity and something for the rest to go on the following day.

Looking at my notes, the people I currently suspect the most are Flame_ac, Zippedpinhead and MickD.

Flame_ac had some weird posts about not wanting to have a vig running around. He also was against the weemad lynch. Today he seems pretty set on lynching one of the converted, an easy way for scum to hide. Based on his attitude towards Mazre and JQK I doubt he is mensis, but he could be healing church.

Zippedpinhead is very low key. He doesn't have a lot to work with, the only thing that really jumps out at me is his fascination with lynching hobohodo/flame_ac at the start of the game. I also thought his bandwagon vote at the start of today while the majority is only 6 was a bit weird. However, again I don't think he is mensis thanks to his attitude towards JQK, he was pretty pro lynching him, even before it was obvious JQK was scum.

MickD is also very low key. He jumped on the ri'orius train at the very end. He was against camjo for the no vote which is a pretty easy train to hide on, and he was against the mazre vote. Today he starts with some weird role fishing towards magnum.

vote: MickD

From the other players, Camjo, magnum and Kalor are still questionmarks for me. Squidyj and crimson I lean town on. Chair and verilios I feel pretty strongly town on.

I'm curious, obviously you didn't mean verelios, who is your other townie?

Day 6 votes

roytheone (2)
squidyj 1634 (1688)
camjo-z 1635 (1650)
zippedpinhead 1638
flame_ac 1641 (1641)
mickd 1677

magnumboy20xx (1)
mickd 1639 (1646)
squidyj 1688

mickd (3)
roytheone 1674
kalor 1676
magnumboy20xx 1687

freakinchair (0)
camjo-z 1684 (1698)

red_1468357200.png

roytheone

I'm curious, obviously you didn't mean verelios, who is your other townie?

Sorry, I meant vanguard :) I believe he is the doc. If he is Mensis, he would have assassinated a fellow member and put himself in the crossfire of church scum. If he is church, it would become apparent soon since it would be weird if he didn't protect you tonight and you somehow died and he still lived. Seems unlikely to me.

Day 6 votes

roytheone (3)
squidyj 1634
camjo-z 1635 (1650)
zippedpinhead 1638
flame_ac 1641 (1641)
mickd 1677

magnumboy20xx (0)
mickd 1639 (1646)

mickd (2)
roytheone 1674
kalor

red_1468357200.png

This is outdated. Still trying to fool us even after leaving the game you sneaky neutral :mad:

Thanks for believing in me. Always knew you were one of the good ones.

My voting history which I keep harping on as my saving grace needs to show that I have killed members of each faction even fucked up with Haly but whatever. I never voted for ri'ous because it didn't count D1. It's obvious where I stand. My vote for myself would leave me dying for town with a bit of dignity and something for the rest to go on the following day.

That's a weird thing to say when you never voted to lynch a healing church and your only worthwhile vote was against johnnyquicknives, Mensis, during the day 4 standoff. Verelios was coincidentally healing church.

I'm not sure if the stunt you're trying to pull is going to work here friend.

MickD

That's a weird thing to say when you never voted to lynch a healing church and your only worthwhile vote was against johnnyquicknives, Mensis, during the day 4 standoff. Verelios was coincidentally healing church.

I'm not sure if the stunt you're trying to pull is going to work here friend.

I just want to die with dignity to show town who the real Mafia is. I enjoy the spotlight.

Total Vote Counts (Bold/Underlined = Known Scum Vote):

Day 1 - Ri'Orius Lynched (Healing Church):

II-Vanguard-II - Kristoffer
MickD - Camjo-Z
Camjo-Z - Kristoffer
Freakinchair - Ri'Orius
MagnumBoy20xx - Ri'Orius
Flame_AC (Hobohodo) - Freakinchair
CrimsonFist (Rynam) - Did not vote
roytheone - Ri'Orius
squidyj - Ri'Orius
Zippedpinhead - Hobohodo
Kalor - Ri'Orius

Day 2 - Mazre Lynched (Mensis)

II-Vanguard-II - Mazre
MickD - Camjo-Z
Camjo-Z - Mazre
Freakinchair - Mazre
MagnumBoy20xx - No Vote
Flame_AC - Mazre
CrimsonFist - Nudull
roytheone - Mazre
squidyj - Mazre
Zippedpinhead - Hobohodo
Kalor - Mazre

Day 3 - Haly Lynched (Town):

II-Vanguard-II - Haly
MickD - Haly
Camjo-Z - Weemad
Freakinchair - Weemad
MagnumBoy20xx - Weemad
Flame_AC - Johnnyquicknives
CrimsonFist - Haly
roytheone - Haly
squidyj - Haly
Zippedpinhead - Johnnyquicknives
Kalor - Haly

Day 4 - Verelios Lynched (Healing Church)

II-Vanguard-II - johnnyquicknives
MickD - johnnyquicknives
Camjo-Z - johnnyquicknives
Freakinchair - Verelios
MagnumBoy20xx - Verelios
Flame_AC - No Vote
CrimsonFist - Verelios
roytheone - Flatearthpandas
squidyj - johnnyquicknives
Zippedpinhead - johnnyquicknives
Kalor - Verelios

Day 5 - Johnnyquicknives Lynched (Mensis):

II-Vanguard-II - johnnyquicknives
MickD - No Vote
Camjo-Z - johnnyquicknives
Freakinchair - johnnyquicknives
MagnumBoy20xx - No Vote
Flame_AC - johnnyquicknives
CrimsonFist - johnnyquicknives
roytheone - No Vote
squidyj - johnnyquicknives
Zippedpinhead - johnnyquicknives
Kalor - No Vote

Positive Tally (Votes Against known Healing Church - Mensis) - Opposing tag given to those who voted in day 1/day 2 for healing church/mensis since those votes couldve gone anywhere but they voted for scum (I did not count last minute votes). This is a good thing. Haly Lynch added for extra info:

II-Vanguard-II (0 - 3) (Haly Lynch) - Town Doctor.
MickD (0 - 1) (Haly Lynch)
Camjo-Z (1 - 3)
Freakinchair (3 - 2) (Opposing Healing Church / Mensis) - Town Vigilante
MagnumBoy20xx (3 - 0) (Opposing Healing Church)
Flame_AC (0 - 3) (Opposing Mensis)
CrimsonFist (1 - 1) (Haly Lynch)
roytheone (1 - 1) (Opposing Healing Church / Mensis) (Haly Lynch)
squidyj (1 - 3) (Opposing Healing Church / Mensis) (Haly Lynch)
Zippedpinhead (0 - 3)
Kalor (2 - 1) (Opposing Healing Church / Mensis) (Haly Lynch)

Ahem. Let's get started shall we.

My strongest analysis is based on what occured in Day 4. That day was clearly a Mensis vs Healing Church voting standoff where everyone came out to play. Knowing that johnnyquicknives was Mensis and Verelios was Healing Church means we can seperate the people who voted into two groups based on who they voted against. Please note that linked posts without a description are essentially just vote posts implying that the timing of the vote is important (early votes before bandwagons against scum are considered good here). I've also included their voting "score" and notable votes again to contrast the groupings:

Against Mensis:

zippedpinhead - (0 - 3) Extremely high chance of being Healing Church; No votes for both Healing Church lynches. All votes for Mensis lynches. INCLUDING the haly lynch day
MickD - (0 - 1) (Haly Lynch) Extremely high chance of being Healing Church; No votes for both Healing Church lynches. All votes before Verelios Lynch were inconsequential until Verelios was under peril. Suddenly, at the beginning of day 4, Verelios - MickD and Zippedpinhead vote for Johnnyquicknives basically at the 'same time' (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=208711849&postcount=1346 / http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=208823574&postcount=1411). Do you see my top 2 suspects? They match perfectly.
camjo-z - (1 - 3) - No chance at being Mensis (killed 3 of them), Very small chance at being Healing Church (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=208382718&postcount=1217)
squidyj - (1 - 3) (Haly Lynch) (Opposing Healing Church / Mensis) - Zero chance of being Healing Church or Mensis (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=206605629&postcount=568 / http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=207451341&postcount=704)

Against Healing Church:

freakinchair - (3 - 2) (Opposing Healing Church / Mensis)
crimsonfist - (1 - 1) (Haly Lynch) - Probably not Mensis (I was wrong in my earlier post, this post got the ball rolling on johnny - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=209362564&postcount=1600)
magnumboy20xx - (3 - 0) (Opposing Healing Church) - Extremely high chance of being Mensis; No votes for both Mensis lynches. All votes for healing church lynches. Very low post count.
kalor - (2 - 1) (Haly Lynch) (Opposing Healing Church / Mensis) - Definitely not Mensis or Healing Church (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=207702025&postcount=915 / http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=206605369&postcount=564)

Abstained:
Flame_AC - (0 - 3) - Could have almost saved Verelios in the vote by voting for Johnnyquicknives but didn't vote at all. Not likely to be Healing Church, definitely not Mensis.
roytheone - (1 - 1) - (Haly Lynch) (Opposing Healing Church / Mensis) - Definitely not Mensis - Could have saved Mazre on day 2 by voting for Verelios (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=207702055&postcount=916) - Definitely not healing church, started the bandwagon against ri'orius on day 1 (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=206604139&postcount=554)

The italics are the reasonings for my suspicions and top priorities. The scum list reiterated:

Healing Church:
MickD
Zippedpinhead

Mensis:
Magnumboy20xx

If we are to assume that there are two Mensis left then that means there is one playing deep cover. I'm not too concerned about that yet. What I am concerned with are the ones hiding in plain sight. The ones with the piles of evidence that cannot be contradicted. All of it is there for everyone to see. It's time to admit to your crimes!

MickD - You are a Healing Church member!

VOTE: Mickd

We should turbo him before he gets to post it. :p

On a more serious note, finished going through MickD. My thoughts are that 'd be pretty ok with that lynch. His bandwaggoning on the day 1 vote looks pretty bad, his tunneling Camjo is an easy point to go after. Pretty defensive when Palmer flipped town (1014) never responded when I called that out. Has never mentioned any of the Healing Church scum who have flipped, aside from that one late vote (unless thread search is letting me down). His town read list didn't contain anyone who has flipped scum, which is interesting considered that it was quite a long list (845).

MickD

Vote: MickD

The ones voting for me should be killed next. You'll see me flip town. I hope you feel stupid when it happens.

Flame_AC

Reading your post right now Freakinchair, bang up job if I do say so myself.

Just want to note that on the Day 4 you mentioned I abstained. While true, I did make clear that my vote would have been (#1356) JQK, but I unvoted to avoid turbo.

RetroMG

The people of Yharnam seized MickD and dragged him through the streets, until he stood in a room with an old, grizzled man in a wheelchair, quietly eating a meager supper.

“He’s a beast!” Some shouted.
“He’s an alien!” Others shouted.
“What an alien?” Someone asked.
“He came from the sky.” Another replied.
“What, like a bird?” The first asked.
“No, like a demon.” The other responded.
“Demons come from Hell. That’s down below.”
“But what if he’s a flying demon?”

Gehrman rolled his eyes. There was a flash of metal, and movement too quick to be clearly seen, and MickD’s head rolled from his shoulders.

MickD’s body fell to the ground. The people held their breath.

Nothing happened.

MickD, an ordinary citizen of Yharnam, has died.

Welcome, MickD. The Blood tells me that you are an Ordinary Citizen of Yharnam. Obviously, you are aligned with the Town of Yharnam. (That’s the Town.)

Hm. No special blood, no special powers. There’s only one place for you in Yharnam at night - Inside your home, with the doors locked and the windows bolted.

During the day, you may VOTE to lynch your fellow citizens, but I’m afraid that’s the extent of your power.

You win when you have eliminated all threats to the Town of Yharnam.

Please PM ScraftyDevil or RetroMG with any questions.

Game Thread is Here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1229044

Good luck, Sir or Madam.

“You interrupted my dinner.” Gehrman said with a gleam in his eye.

The remaining townsfolk quickly found somewhere else to be.

Day 6 has ended.

The hunt will resume in:

red_1468443600.png

Please note: The time of the new day may be subject to change per instructions from ScraftyDevil.

Two more innocents have been senselessly slain in the race to determine Yharnam's future.

Tonight's victims may not have been extraordinary, but their deaths continue to pave the road to ruin. How many more will have to perish before this bloody conflict reaches its ultimate conclusion?

Kalor and Magnumboy20xx, both Ordinary Yharnamites, have been slaughtered.

Welcome, Kalor. The Blood tells me that you are an Ordinary Citizen of Yharnam. Obviously, you are aligned with the Town of Yharnam. (That’s the Town.)
Hm. No special blood, no special powers. There’s only one place for you in Yharnam at night - Inside your home, with the doors locked and the windows bolted.
During the day, you may VOTE to lynch your fellow citizens, but I’m afraid that’s the extent of your power.
Good luck, Sir or Madam.

Welcome, Magnumboy20xx. The Blood tells me that you are an Ordinary Citizen of Yharnam. Obviously, you are aligned with the Town of Yharnam. (That’s the Town.)
Good luck, Sir or Madam.

Day 7 begins.

The Blood Moon rises in:

red_1468702800.png

Something is wrong - I don't think we can trust the ordinary yharmanite player text. There is absolutely no way both of them were just regular town.

Current list isn't updated so here are all the remaining players:

01 [m] II-Vanguard-II - New
06 [m] Camjo-Z
08 [m] Freakinchair
14 [m] Flame_AC
15 [m] CrimsonFist
21 [m] roytheone
22 [m] squidyj
23 [m] Zippedpinhead

May the blood be in your favor!

roytheone

Why is the doctor still alive?

Freak, I assume you shot Magnum, right?

I see three possibilities.

A) they keep him alive in the hope we get suspicious and lynch him.

B) they are getting nervous about Mensis and are hunting for them. They don't think chair or vanguard is Mensis and since vanguard will be on chair he is not a risk for now.

C) vanguard is lying.

We've had 7 vanilla town flips, which isn't that many for a game this size, so unless you have other evidence supporting this:

Something is wrong - I don't think we can trust the ordinary yharmanite player text. There is absolutely no way both of them were just regular town.

I'm not sure why you'd think that.

If Vanguard is lying, scum would a) have to have been aware that Johnny was not a town doctor, and b) that town doesn't have another doctor who would counter claim him.

Their strongman was one shot, is that enough of a counter for effectively 2 doctors?

And I guess Van would obviously have been on Freak last night, so Kalor would have been safe to kill, but I don't see why they'd want to go after Mensis when town can do that for them.

roytheone

Just thought about a potential D)

They are hunting for the town role blocker. If he indeed exsist, he is the biggest danger for scum right now, more then a doc that is on a vig going to shoot magnum. Not only can a town rb out scum by blocking them, people he blocked on the last two nights that still had a nk could be incredible information if we assume only one church left.

Trying to out the town role blocker... Interesting theory

We have to assume that kristoffer's other target is out there. That's one scum (I can't imagine any theory where he has three targets that doesn't include 1 player from each "team)

So that's 1 scum. We didn't get a confirmation that an entire team of scum was dead. So that's possible...

What if our vigilante is really a public scum team person? Putting all the kills in for his team?

We've had 7 vanilla town flips, which isn't that many for a game this size, so unless you have other evidence supporting this:

I'm not sure why you'd think that.

Based on my analysis I was so sure that one or both were scum based on previous posts and voting history. The way MickD worded his last posts also made it seem like he needed to steer us in a certain direction... him turning out to be vanilla town was just weird to me. No evidence to support that we're being intentionally misinformed on roles and now that I look at the numbers the split makes sense.

This puts us at:

7 Regular Town
4 Special Town

1 Regular Healing Church
2 Special Healing Church

2 Mensis

8 Unknown (Likely split is 1 Healing Church - 2 Mensis - 5 Town)

If we know that Vanguard and I are town that means only 3 other people are town in this group. That is pretty scary. And yes I killed Magnum.

Camjo-Z

So is maf hoping that the PRs just up and die of their own accord or what? At least last night's kills were generic townies.

Vote: Camjo-Z

latest
"Hey! Leave me alone!"

Just thought about a potential D)

They are hunting for the town role blocker. If he indeed exsist, he is the biggest danger for scum right now, more then a doc that is on a vig going to shoot magnum. Not only can a town rb out scum by blocking them, people he blocked on the last two nights that still had a nk could be incredible information if we assume only one church left.

This seems most likely IMO. It would literally be a lucky guess for maf to know we don't have a doc and counterclaim johnny, especially since Vanguard would have to be one of (if not the)the last remaining maf when he did so.

What if our vigilante is really a public scum team person? Putting all the kills in for his team?

Nah, roy was right yesterday. The wording of the PM pretty much guarantees that there's a town killing role. It wouldn't make much sense for a scum role to kill Kris and then get punished for it.

Anyway, I had another great idea! So, after seeing Magnum wasn't Mensis, I was thinking... we know Mazre was dead way too early to do much of anything, and we know johnny was out using his roleblocking powers on valuable targets, not on the people in the gossip chat. So how are they getting converted? Easy: the gossip isn't a town role. It's Mensis. Get invited to the chat, you start accruing points. This explains why nobody else is getting converted.

Trying to out the town role blocker... Interesting theory

We have to assume that kristoffer's other target is out there. That's one scum (I can't imagine any theory where he has three targets that doesn't include 1 player from each "team)

So that's 1 scum. We didn't get a confirmation that an entire team of scum was dead. So that's possible...

Unless you think scum get double kills every night (definitely not true) this theory is impossible. Someone would have outed me if I was the one claiming all of the vigilante kills and they know I wasn't. My voting history speaks for itself. I don't know what you're trying to do here but you're the last person remaining on my list for most likely scum. Before I make any votes though I want to hear who you think is scum.

squidyj

So is maf hoping that the PRs just up and die of their own accord or what? At least last night's kills were generic townies.

latest
"Hey! Leave me alone!"

This seems most likely IMO. It would literally be a lucky guess for maf to know we don't have a doc and counterclaim johnny, especially since Vanguard would have to be one of (if not the)the last remaining maf when he did so.

Nah, roy was right yesterday. The wording of the PM pretty much guarantees that there's a town killing role. It wouldn't make much sense for a scum role to kill Kris and then get punished for it.

Anyway, I had another great idea! So, after seeing Magnum wasn't Mensis, I was thinking... we know Mazre was dead way too early to do much of anything, and we know johnny was out using his roleblocking powers on valuable targets, not on the people in the gossip chat. So how are they getting converted? Easy: the gossip isn't a town role. It's Mensis. Get invited to the chat, you start accruing points. This explains why nobody else is getting converted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06A5zpyJG9c

Flame_AC

I really like this theory, it'd be both a positive and negative for all involved. Mensis moves to win condition, though other people get to communicate and strategize.

I'm not sure where our last scum is hiding, Freakinchair, at some point you might have to stop killing so that way our numbers don't crater.

Unless you think scum get double kills every night (definitely not true) this theory is impossible. Someone would have outed me if I was the one claiming all of the vigilante kills and they know I wasn't. My voting history speaks for itself. I don't know what you're trying to do here but you're the last person remaining on my list for most likely scum. Before I make any votes though I want to hear who you think is scum.

Honestly? I know you aren't scum. I wanted to see if I could bait my two most likelies.

One is flame_AC, I thought his predecessor was scum, and while I briefly took a turn at Johnny I think I'm still right about that one. I shouldn't have band wagoner yesterday, but I knew I was busy and wanted to get a vote in. I should have just voted for flame...

Vanguard, Roy, and squidyj are all not scum. Crimsonfist less for sure on.

Biggest blind spot is with camjo. I'm not sold on him being scum, but he is the odd man out on who I think is scum or not.

So first would be flame (sorry but you are scum of some kind).

Second camjo (because I am less sure of your town-ness)

The remaining players from least town sure to most town sure: crimsonfist, Roy, followed by squidyj and finally you and vanguard as practically guaranteed town).

Top Bottom