• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'll wait and see what the bonuses are, I want Borderlands and Battleborne, but everything below that I either already own or don't want.

nooooooo_elf.gif

Lol, literally just finished watching this.

mp1990

Banned
Y'all +1ers can have this

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (mp1990, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Duke Nukem Forever -- MB-2E1E518A85234B9D - Taken by TheAutomator. 5 entrants total.

t1468952693z1.png

Dunno if I should go for Battleborn. Looks like it'a gonna be F2P really soon especially since Evolve went that road and they're both under the same publisher.

Nzyme32

Lol! No thanks on Humble Bundle, considering either own or don't care for the games.

What would be amazing is if somehow the "more soon" games includes a return for the original Mafia on Steam - which isn't likely to happen, but it would be cool just to see what people think of it since so few have it / tried it. It's one of my favourite games for its time, even with the rather repetitive amount of driving

Parsnip

I know it's not every Unity game, but it does seem like 80 percent of recent ones. Ori Definitive is the only recent one I've played that didn't have the issue at launch. This, Anima, Cornerstone, My Night Job, and one other I'm forgetting had it. Cornerstone and Night Job patched it eventually so it's clear there's some sort of fix on the development end that can be deployed, and it SHOULD be widely known enough by Unity to inform their developers about it that it shouldn't be happening for three+ months now. It's not like it would be hard to test for. The other examples I mentioned are extremely low budget games with no publishers, so it's kinda forgivable there. Shouldn't be happening to a 40 dollar Square Enix release.

Word is that it's been finally (hopefully permanently) fixed in the fast insider ring, if true then the anniversary update should bring it to the rest of us too. Guess we'll see in two weeks.

data

this bundle is actually really good for me. been interested in the darkness 2 and never finished spec ops on ps3. don't think i'll be going for bta tho

chronomac

Enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Spec Ops: The Line -- MB-519A8945C8C49A8B - Taken by Wok. 5 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
The Darkness II -- MB-CCCC493ABB7D0D99 - Taken by voodooray. 2 entrants total.

t1468953244z1.png

xist

I'd like Mafia II from the BTA but not so much the other stuff....suppose that It'll be a wait and see kind of thing for the additions. Plus today has been a bad day for my income situation....

Hektor

So lads, i just played this game called
76ca657b2bcecc03e533a04f02958f1e1f633c75.jpg

It's a Telltale like adventure set in Iran in 1979 during the revolution.
The game is hella unpolished, but definitely worth playing.

The story itself is fictive i think, altho the historic background it is based on is real. It's even featuring and recreating real, historical photos of that revolution, including a bunch of background information on the events, similar to Valiant Hearts which is really great.
You could even go so far as to say that it's a bit of an educational game.

While the game is rather short with like 3 hours, it's still very thrilling because the pacing is ace and the character are, even if not the deepest, fairly believable in their actions.

It's funded by some islamic film fond if that's somethign you care about. It's not the most polished experience, but compared to Telltale it definitely holds up. It's certainly not worse, save for the voice acting. That isn't very good. I think they should've gone with persian voice actors and english subs instead imho. That would've been generally more authentic and believable than everyone speaking english with some persian words in between like they do in the english Assassins Creeds dubs.

Anyways, you should pick it up. It's 3 hours long and did cost 6$ in the last sale (So probably also in the next one), and it's definitely worth it.

Nzyme32

Fuck these +1ers and poopy bundles. You want a real game, with amazing writing, madness, mystery and disturbing adventures!

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nzyme32, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sunless Sea -- MB-75C7F08B993C5330 - Taken by someguyinahat. 26 entrants total.

t1468963144z1.png

Ludens

Banned
surprised none of the Bioshock games were in that bundle (yet)

Eh, there won't be in my opinion. It's exactly what Capcom did with RE5 and DR titles after the Steamwork patch: they were uberdiscounted with 75% off or more, when they saw the Steam cure they never got a 75% off again.
Considering if 2K gives away Bioshock titles will give away the remastered too, no way they'll bundle it now.

Anteater

Are your gamma values / in game brightness settings correct? And which version is it?

The original Doom 3 I had no problem with at all. It is meant to be dark but the torch you have should be bright enough to help you see enough. Your screens certainly don't seem normal, but I am making this judgement having not played the game since 2007 when a bunch of friends messed with a OG Doom mod for Doom 3. I don't recall the game be as dark as some of your screens, particularly when looking at the gun model

I just played that game today and had no problems (running on W10 and recent hardware). I have a Doom 3 HD mod installed, maybe that will fix it? http://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-3-bfg-hi-def

i'm playing the game with the redux mod

maybe it's different :0

http://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-3-redux

May as well crosspost from the Humble thread.

Looks like it's the Director's Cut of Mafia II instead of the Digital Deluxe version, and it will still redeem if you already have the all the regular dlc.

Hektor

ModBot said:
Instructions for Hektor:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

t1cxE6r.gif
Spec Ops: The Line -- MB-169BC8B306C06872 - Taken by Mikurden. 2 entrants total.
Duke Nukem Forever -- MB-1F4A65E64872E9CB - Taken by GaussTek. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel -- MB-2A03B45D32FD5C60 - Taken by rainking187. 17 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
The Darkness II -- MB-D9E3F1A44F55C1F7 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Sid Meier's Civilization V -- MB-4C41F2EBFBAB52AF - Taken by kagamin. 1 entrants total.

t1468954228z1.png

yoshizzle

So lads, i just played this game called
76ca657b2bcecc03e533a04f02958f1e1f633c75.jpg

It's a Telltale like adventure set in Iran in 1979 during the revolution.
The game is hella unpolished, but definitely worth playing.

The story itself is fictive i think, altho the historic background it is based on is real. It's even featuring and recreating real, historical photos of that revolution, including a bunch of background information on the events, similar to Valiant Hearts which is really great.
You could even go so far as to say that it's a bit of an educational game.

While the game is rather short with like 3 hours, it's still very thrilling because the pacing is ace and the character are, even if not the deepest, fairly believable in their actions.

It's funded by some islamic film fond if that's somethign you care about. It's not the most polished experience, but compared to Telltale it definitely holds up. It's certainly not worse, save for the voice acting. That isn't very good. I think they should've gone with persian voice actors and english subs instead imho. That would've been generally more authentic and believable than everyone speaking english with some persian words in between like they do in the english Assassins Creeds dubs.

Anyways, you should pick it up. It's 3 hours long and did cost 6$ in the last sale (So probably also in the next one), and it's definitely worth it.

Thanks for the review, Hektor. The setting sounds awesome. Will probably pick it up in the next sale.

Anyone know if D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is worth playing as well?

bbd23

thats tempting for battleborn

but with deus ex coming out soon i probably wont touch any of those games. still need to finish doom

The new humble bundle does seem quite good, but it's a shame the pre-sequel is included in the highest tier only as I have no interest in battleborn.

Lomax

Darkness II is well worth a playthrough. Surprised to see NBA 2K16 in the bundle, usually 2K is more stingy with those games. Seems silly to have Civ V in the BTA tier at this point though.

Darkness II is well worth a playthrough. Surprised to see NBA 2K16 in the bundle, usually 2K is more stingy with those games. Seems silly to have Civ V in the BTA tier at this point though.

If it was the full version of Civ V i could perhaps understand it, but not so much the base game without the DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom