• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

inm8num2

Obduction delayed

Cyan’s Ryan Warzecha announced this morning that the studio is moving the game from its planned July 26 release date (already the result of previous delays) out to August 24.

Here’s some more context from his post:

“We came to the unanimous decision that if we shipped it was driven mainly by the deadline—not because we were satisfied. Obduction is a product that we’re very proud of, and we don’t want to let unpolished edges get in the way of an amazing immersive experience. So with humble hearts, but admittedly a bit of relief, we’re taking another few weeks.”

Do they still do the 20~25% discount thing?

if you mean their 20-25% codes then no...they aren't doing those anymore since the members pricing thing is replacing that

if you mean will certain games get those discounts for pre-ordering then maybe but won't really know until after their Summer Sale is over and we see what their new normal is going to be

mp1990

Banned
Yes of course, Dead Space 1 and 2. Already liked 2 less than 1, so I never got around to 3. The original is incredible though.

You should try DS3. Unlike DS2, which is a poor man's Uncharted (and Uncharted is already a bad game), Dead Space 3 plays like Resident Evil 4 but without any of the finesse, but still makes up for a very enjoyable experience. I'd put it on par with Resident Evil 5 and 6.

Arthea

if you mean their 20-25% codes then no...they aren't doing those anymore since the members pricing thing is replacing that

if you mean will certain games get those discounts for pre-ordering then maybe but won't really know until after their Summer Sale is over and we see what their new normal is going to be

we actually already know, right before change I had 25% discounts on preorders: Setsuna, DX:MD, new South Park and Battlefield 1, after an update my personal discounts were - Setsuna - no discount at all, DX MD - 20%, South Park - 15% and BF1 - 12%.
Let's face it, that is the end.

Hektor

You should try DS3. Unlike DS2, which is a poor man's Uncharted (and Uncharted is already a bad game), Dead Space 3 plays like Resident Evil 4 but without any of the finesse, but still makes up for a very enjoyable experience. I'd put it on par with Resident Evil 5 and 6.

There is a pretty big difference between Dead Space 2 and Uncharted.

Dead Space 2's combat is actually fun :^)

I don't know what it is, but Dead Space 1 makes me unusually nostalgic for a game of its age. Still remember when i picked up the box in a store and read about it having TAKTISCHE ZERSTÜCKELUNG (strategic dismemberment) on the back.

we actually already know, right before change I had 25% discounts on preorders: Setsuna, DX:MD, new South Park and Battlefield 1, after an update my personal discounts were - Setsuna - no discount at all, DX MD - 20%, South Park - 15% and BF1 - 12%.
Let's face it, that is the end.

End of a good deal maybe.

I'm sure it won't be the last.

Sini

Why has Steam recently played list advertised Dota 2 to me for two weeks already?
chrome_2016-07-19_23-38-43.png

Ascheroth

I guess, if you don't like good deals and you need to physically input a magic code to make you feel good about your purchase.

But the thing he wants to say is that the deals aren't as good anymore without vouchers.

Like from -25% to an amazing -0% for Setsuna in EU as an example. Yay?

Going through my backlog (once again, cause I can,) finished a totally-free point-and-click called Absent. Marked my 40th perfect game on Steam. Apart from the voice acting, some of the music, and the sound, it was the work of one man...and it was really good. Sure, the animations were pretty bad, there are no graphic options so you're stuck with a small window, there were some classic time paradoxes (objects with no origin, etc.) and one particular puzzle had bad conveyance - the portable ladder puzzle - but it was one of the more enjoyable point-and-clicks I've played. And the price is right.

My question, though: if I delete the local content from a free game, it also removes the game from my library. Does that mean I lose the achievements and the perfect game from my record as well?

Ozium

which I'll never get to anymore, checkout that is, as there is no point.
we can do this all day

there is still discounts that were there before, like 20 percent off Civ 6 pre-order

maybe the pre-order sale on Setsuna stopped because *gasp* it came out or was close to coming out

maybe it ended because most sales and vouchers on that site were always for a limited time

you are preaching a lot of doom and gloom with little more than circumstantial evidence

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My question, though: if I delete the local content from a free game, it also removes the game from my library. Does that mean I lose the achievements and the perfect game from my record as well?

The local content being deleted won't remove your achievements, as they're tied to your profile. I had a similar question when I was playing Path of Exile (free) pretty regularly then wanted to remove it to free up some space.

The game won't show in your library any more, but your online profile will still show your playtime in the game and your achievements - and if you re-install it later you'll be able to see those things in your client as well.

Arthea

Yeah, I don't think the site wide 25% off voucher was meant to last forever.

you didn't use gmg much, I suppose
that would explain this conversation.
25% vouchers on preaorders were pretty common
20% vouchers were pretty much permanent.

if anything, I'm not saying you not to use gmg, I was just saying that's it for me, EU prices being what they are.

The local content being deleted won't remove your achievements, as they're tied to your profile. I had a similar question when I was playing Path of Exile (free) pretty regularly then wanted to remove it to free up some space.

The game won't show in your library any more, but your online profile will still show your playtime in the game and your achievements - and if you re-install it later you'll be able to see those things in your client as well.

Awesome. So I can delete it with impunity. Thanks for your help!

drakaenae

Never buying GMG mystery bundles again
ModBot said:
Instructions for drakaenae:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (drakaenae, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

RUSHBROS -- MB-E8F00AB9FB36F6AC - Taken by voodooray
CRYSTALSOFTIME #2 -- MB-69E7D93A534F6813 - Taken by Hakkelus
CRYSTALSOFTIME -- MB-F6B309F33B689030 - Taken by chronomac
LUCIUS -- MB-DEC051C32B9EBC22 - Taken by 19Kilo
QUICKSLICKDEADLY -- MB-CF3B1D91F4DEE690 - Taken by Purkake4
NANINIGHTS -- MB-2BAA9CC1838911F7 - Taken by Baron_Calamity

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im sure we joked about Battleborn being in a bundle soon >_<

you didn't use gmg much, I suppose
that would explain this conversation.
25% vouchers on preaorders were pretty common
20% vouchers were pretty much permanent.

if anything, I'm not saying you not to use gmg, I was just saying that's it for me, EU prices being what they are.

I use it all the time. It's pretty much the go to site for new releases.

I don't think we have anything to worry about though. The fact that you can still get Deus Ex: Mankind Divided at 20% off is a good sign.

Nzyme32

Speaking on a similar topic - I've noticed a bunch of free games that I used to have in the ye olde days of Steam, are not in my library or in the store - however, if I look via SteamDB, I can download it via their link only? Why?

For example, one such game is Codename Gordon

derExperte

You can even remove the license from your account, the number of achievements won't go down.

mp1990

Banned
There is a pretty big difference between Dead Space 2 and Uncharted.

Dead Space 2's combat is actually fun :^)

I don't know what it is, but Dead Space 1 makes me unusually nostalgic for a game of its age. Still remember when i picked up the box in a store and read about it having TAKTISCHE ZERSTÜCKELUNG (strategic dismemberment) on the back.

Yes, but, here's the deal: why would you waste a fine combat on a "cinematic experience", which, according to MP standards, is the objectively worst genre ever.

Not only that, but the game has some awful voice acting and the plot is some batshit insane mess, and the level design is a downgrade in every sense compared to the first game.

But yes, I too feel an weird nostalgia for the first game. Still one of my faves from last gen.

Arthea

there is still discounts that were there before, like 20 percent off Civ 6 pre-order

maybe the pre-order sale on Setsuna stopped because *gasp* it came out or was close to coming out

maybe it ended because most sales and vouchers on that site were always for a limited time

you are preaching a lot of doom and gloom with little more than circumstantial evidence
20% still makes it almost 50 euro, no go.

it was the day when gmg update went live, meaning Setsuna was still a preorder, now you can gasp

25% voucher was for july btw, now it is gone, forever.

Doom and gloom is my second name, I did doom and gloom part when region locking started, how that ended exactly? The same with microtransactions, day one dlcs, season passes, digital game prices rising and region locking yet again.
I also live in poor part of EU everybody keeps pretending doesn't exist and charge as more than the rest of the world, My doom and gloom talk is not severe enough if anything, given recent history.

you can't win this one, Ozzie

Nzyme32

To add to this, you can actually refund a game and then if you buy it at a later date, you will still have all your achievements, cloud saves etc

what if vivendi buys ubisoft and then dismantles uplay and goes steam only

The dream is real. I would welcome them, as well as if they made the pricing of their games at launch actually reasonable

Finally got the SDCC Exclusive DLC up on the storefront.

May not even be worth that much for single-player. I've watched the videos, and if you're expecting Borderlands you're going to be disappointed.

It's a fun game with shitty art direction and a schizophrenicly short single-player campaign.

I am so torn over the Humble bundle. I feel I should get it, at least for the Pre-sequel but i have no real urge to play Battleborn or the Boarderlands game right now and i own most everything else. Am I losing my hordering instinct?

what if vivendi buys ubisoft and then dismantles uplay and goes steam only

What if Vivendi dismantles ubisoft for Uplay?

data

I am so torn over the Humble bundle. I feel I should get it, at least for the Pre-sequel but i have no real urge to play Battleborn or the Boarderlands game right now and i own most everything else. Am I losing my hordering instinct?

if true, congratulations, i've been losing my steam games hordering instinct too and it's great

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

Ok, I'll keep that in mind, I had the impression it was mostly panned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom