• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, Director's Cut for me too (thanks, Rockin' Ranger, for the very generous giveaway!).

Have you tried Ultra-Nightmare yet?
The difficulty or the graphical settings? I've only play Ultra Violence so far because I thought nightmare was locked :(

Also I have a 770 so I can't run Nightmare graphics probably but I haven't bothered to try either.
I'd rather have both for 0.50 USD each.
Doubling up on those taco shits.

Lomax

Just went ahead and tried my Mafia II key as well (I had the base game but no DLC) and it activated the Director's Cut, giving me all the DLC (except the Deluxe dlc ironically enough). Thanks for the tip guys.

redlacs

i won both Duke Nukem raffles, how about that! I can only get so erect though, so here you can try your chances again..

IMPORTANT! - Note that I changed the last digit of the steam key, otherwise modbot would return an error (i think). Either way, when you win, you need to change the 6 at the end to 7.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am passing along a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Please give your thanks to Xion385, who made the original giveaway (not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Duke Nukem Forever -- MB-F77927BF7D780212 - Taken by darkchewie. 3 entrants total.

t1468982151z1.png

i won both Duke Nukem raffles, how about that! I can only get so erect though, so here you can try your chances again..

IMPORTANT! - Note that I changed the last digit of the steam key, otherwise modbot would return an error (i think). Either way, when you win, you need to change the 6 at the end to 7.

Thanks for the reroll, redlacs (and Xion385).

I wonder if the crazy stuff Digital Homicide is pulling will be next:

1000 keys for $200, 10,000 for 1k and 100k for 5k!

All the groups created specifically for giveaways then once the group gets popular it's onsold to someone else and the cycle perpetuates.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Tizoc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
I am Setsuna -- MB-A98510087BD61868 - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 114 entrants total.

t1469034348z1.png

dickroach

holy crap. someone's giving away a $40 game the day it releases? now that's classy.

before I start Setsuna, I wanna finish up Axiom Verge.
I got 81% of the map clear. went through the part with the Sudran key, and then just got the powerup where the teleport-dash thing now breaks blocks and damages enemies. am I 81%? done, I mean I'd assume I'm closer and have missed a ton of weapons and notes and powerups. like half the notes I pick up I still can't even read. but
how close am I to the end? also, this game's awesome

kagamin

Playing 7th Dragon III Code: VFD, Koshiro does wonders once again, the man just never ceases to disappoint me in terms of music.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bringing this from the skin gambling thread:

P9S6RWT.jpg

I wonder if the accounts would actually be suspended. Valve hasn't done that since implementing the restriction system. ~four-and-a-half years ago, but then this is a particularly special case.

Lomax

I wonder if the crazy stuff Digital Homicide is pulling will be next:

1000 keys for $200, 10,000 for 1k and 100k for 5k!

All the groups created specifically for giveaways then once the group gets popular it's onsold to someone else and the cycle perpetuates.

At some point Valve is going to have to put some limits/charges on key generation. Stuff like this and the fraud issues are just getting out of hand. And the AAA publishers are putting up their own services anyway.

too bad setsuna didn't come out for vita like it did in japan. hows the game on pc, a good port?

I agree completely. I think the Vita port had issues, but hopefully it was patched to run better in Japan.

You'd think the general cost of porting the Vita version when they're already localizing it for Steam/PS4 wouldn't be that much and they could offer digital only and still make whatever was spent on it back and then some with the core Vita userbase that still loves their handheld and support it with a ridiculously high attach rate.

I wanna finish up Axiom Verge.
I got 81% of the map clear. went through the part with the Sudran key, and then just got the powerup where the teleport-dash thing now breaks blocks and damages enemies. am I 81%? done, I mean I'd assume I'm closer and have missed a ton of weapons and notes and powerups. like half the notes I pick up I still can't even read. but

If you have the red coat now, you can access the final area and beat the game.
And yes, Axiom Verge is fantastic. Even more so when you realize it was all done by a single dude. Tom Happ, you're amazing.

I lie how everything is just focusing on csgo sites.

CSGO is pretty high profile these days -- even more than DOTA2; they have some "E-League" show on TBS now Friday nights that's some CSGO competition. I both laugh and cringe everytime I hear the commercial...

What other games have sites that would fit in the gambling issue? DOTA2?

Hektor

CSGO is pretty high profile these days -- even more than DOTA2; they have some "E-League" show on TBS now Friday nights that's some CSGO competition. I both laugh and cringe everytime I hear the commercial...

Yep. Dota2lounge for example.

bluechox2

half the show ins like a pregame warm up

dickroach

If you have the red coat now, you can access the final area and beat the game.
alright, I figured I was close. those yellow enemies in the are where that coat were were very Metroid-ish, and you usually don't see those till the end of the Metroid games. cool

also, I popped on NBA2K16 for a few minutes earlier after I got it from the Humble Bundle. it seems to run great (on my Alpha). not sure why the Steam reviews are so poor. I guess I just had no idea people play sports games for the story mode.

madjoki

Yep. Dota2lounge for example.

So either they're ridiculously blind to that fact or they don't seem to care because there's no "scandal" going on regarding them...

Well Dota2Lounge is in list. I guess they chose biggest sites. Smaller sites are easier to ignore, "hey we didn't know about that site".

I somehow doubt Valve is going to continue this hunt unless it might cause another scandal. Maybe even hope sites go 'underground', so they can continue to benefit.

Deques

Well Dota2Lounge is in list. I guess they chose biggest sites. Smaller sites are easier to ignore, "hey we didn't know about that site".

I somehow doubt Valve is going to continue this hunt unless it might cause another scandal. Maybe even hope sites go 'underground', so they can continue to benefit.

Can't Valve track these betting sites via API usage? All these sites need an API key and if they can see what kind of traffic each key are use for then maybe Valve can send C&D letters to the smaller sites too.

Echoplx

Thank you whoever posted in one of these threads that Lost Planet 3 is an ok game, it is indeed pretty ok.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Lost Planet 3 -- MB-053C3DC22C3B65B5 - Taken by Speevy. 2 entrants total.

t1468997949z1.png

Youre the reason why we cant have good things

I will only pay so much for disappointment.

Speaking of which FEAR 3 has been beaten. It had one of those "we ran out of funding and the pub wants it now endings."

The entire FEAR franchise's narrative sounds great if you learn of it out of game but then you play it and it is just mediocre. Maybe one or two late game scenes in the first game stand out to me.

I guess the series is dead unless it gets a reboot down the line.

holy crap. someone's giving away a $40 game the day it releases? now that's classy.

before I start Setsuna, I wanna finish up Axiom Verge.
Getting that power up puts you almost at the end but I'm pretty sure percentage is only based on item pickups like in Metroid.

And yes Axiom Verge is great.

madjoki

Can't Valve track these betting sites via API usage? All these sites need an API key and if they can see what kind of traffic each key are use for then maybe Valve can send C&D letters to the smaller sites too.

OpenID doesn't require API key. So sites could easily hide from Valve, if they wanted.

Of course Valve could flag accounts that do high frequent trading for closer look.

Relevant question is how far they are willing to go?

Deques

OpenID doesn't require API key. So sites could easily hide from Valve, if they wanted.

Of course Valve could flag accounts that do high frequent trading for closer look.

Relevant question is how far they are willing to go?

But they can still track what kind of data that is requested and sent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom