• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sniper Rifle and Chainsaw in these new images of Final Fantasy XV

Gbraga

These look like regular-ass PS4 screens to me. You can see jaggies and dithering in the vegetation.

8KP1w7c0

Noctis' hair in this shot is far better than anything we've seen on consoles screenshots, or the Platinum Demo.

That being said, it's really hard to get decent looking official screenshots from them, so it'll be hard to compare.

Even this batch has some screens that look like shit.

But yeah, it doesn't look like a high res screenshot, but it definitely looks sharper than consoles, to me. You have to remember that even 1080p is higher res than the PS4's lowest res.

Mariip

Oh, a sniper rifle! Not that i wanted to forget overwatch while playing this game or something like that :c

actually glad they have different weapons since we can't control the other guys

Edgar's chainsaw looks awesome :3

I love the idea of your party using swords and magic in a battle and then you just start shooting guys with a sniper rifle.

"I've never played any previous Final Fantasies and these weapons don't make any sense! Also, because I don't like the idea of a chainsaw, a single weapon in the game, I've decided this game isn't for me."

-Multiple people in this thread

ghostjoke

Banned
"Let's throw everything at a wall and hope something that makes money comes out".

I miss when it was simple matter of one man's determination to suplex a train.

Koozek

All these ffvi weapons..it's obvious.....ffvi remake on luminous engine done by Tabata and team is next.

I love it, lol

That would be amazing.

It's happening.
BELIEVE.

Here is his list:

JRPG #1
JRPG #2
JRPG #3
JRPG #4
JRPG #5
New Shadow Hearts
Final Fantasy X spin-off

FF7 spin-off
FF6 remake
New Parasite Eve
Monster Hunter PS4
DMC5
New Capcom TPS IP (Because we need more TPS)
New Prince of Persia
New Cyberpunk Action/Adventure/RPG IP
New Sega Action/Adventure IP
New Marvel Action/Adventure title
New Soul Calibur
New Rockstar IP

P.S: We only have one title confirmed btw

I've deleted the ones you don't need to worry about anymore since they've been announced.

Now which are the two I wasn't sure about out of the italicized? It's going to be hilarious coming back to this list next year. More hilarious when people realise what an obvious thing they missed from that initial post.

EDIT:
There's a follow-up post where he says one of the italicized games is coming to Nintendo and as we know there was a rumor last year from someone else that Nintendo had made a deal for a time-exclusive FFVI remake.
[...]

Instead, here's what I can tell you. All of the list is true, except for two games, which I can't vouch for. One of those games is actually coming to Nintendo, but that's second hand information, and I don't really know about it. The other hasn't even entered pre-production, and SCE is in talks about possibly getting something done with it. We'll have to see about that. But even without those two (and I won't say which two those are since if I do, I confirm something I don't want to), there's still a lot here.

[...]

All sounds like bullshit, doesn't it? That's good. If it sounds too believable, it'd be no fun.

Also this from this year:
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ic21tyO.jpg[/IMG]

mrmickfran

Are we really complaining about having more weapons in the game?

Are people just scavenging for things to bitch about?

Geg

Are people just scavenging for things to bitch about?

It's a FFXV thread, so yes.

"I've never played any previous Final Fantasies and these weapons don't make any sense! Also, because I don't like the idea of a chainsaw, a single weapon in the game, I've decided this game isn't for me."

-Multiple people in this thread

"Let's throw everything at a wall and hope something that makes money comes out".

I miss when it was simple matter of one man's determination to suplex a train.
Look at this nonsense

Dark_castle

I don't know man, imagining some of FF6's major sequences as full-blown 3D action pieces gets me pretty excited.

That's why I'd still get the game. lol

I'm a super huge fan of FFVI, but to be perfectly honest, it's not like the original FFVI had a masterpiece of a combat system anyway, far from it. The general gameplay is flawed in numerous ways, from stats not working to tedious Esper grinding to glitch/bugs to really unbalanced/broken gameplay mechanics (Cyan is so useless in combat for instance, whereas Gau can be also useless or OP to the max) to fairly slow battle pacing.

I've always wanted to try one of those fan patch that fixes these issues to certain degree, but when I begin reminiscing about the great experience I had with this game, I'd just open Youtube and listen the fantastic OST instead. :|

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Big guffaw @ "it's not the FF I know"

It's exactly the FF I know, from 22 years ago!

Village

Noctis can warp to any weapon he throws

Can he warp to bullets?

Thats a good power
If bullets count, like the rotation from jojo does it count if he shoots it.

Is that his stand ability?

Promto was noctis's stand all along

Dr. Letz Shake

Neo Member
Chainsaw was always my favorite weapon in Final Fantasy and it was only in 6

UNTIL NOW. I've been trepidatious at best about this game but this does raise my hopes a bit.

.JayZii

Banned
Debbie downers who aparrently haven't played Final Fantasy games before, yet speak like their perception of what the series should be like is the platonic ideal are pretty baffling.

"Guns in Final Fantasy!? A chainsaw? Well I never!"
Noctis can warp to any weapon he throws

Can he warp to bullets?
Nope, gotta chuck the gun.

I was watching Duscae footage yesterday, and thought it'd be cool if we could give Prompto a sniper rifle. Never even crossed my mind that Noctis could be able to use one. Wonder how useful it'll be.

ratsuki

Falk

that puzzling face
I mean, every time he warps it's to where he's holding a weapon, or put another way, he warps to a position where the weapon in question is in the right place.

So with a crossbow or gun, maybe he warps to a place where the arrow is back in the crossbow, or the bullet is back in the gun, ready to be fired again?

Does that mean at the destination of the warp he's travelling as fast as the bullet?

YES I KNOW GUNPOWDER DOESN'T WORK THIS WAY

Gbraga

Pretty sure they're from Platinum Demo, the crossbow must be summoned in the Auto-Win mode.

One of the best things of the 4chan leak was saying that Armiger isn't as stupid in the final game, and that it gives you more control over Noctis.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

That dumbass upper "rail mount" on the top which attaches to the front sight of the barrel totally defeats the purpose of the "free-floating" barrel tech.

Designers need to at least understand concepts and functionality of something they are trying to base a design around or else you look rather silly.

FFVI is my second favorite FF behind FFT, and beyond anything I want Square to forget that game ever existed. I'd rather never see it again than to see it butchered like FF7R.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I was watching Duscae footage yesterday, and thought it'd be cool if we could give Prompto a sniper rifle. Never even crossed my mind that Noctis could be able to use one. Wonder how useful it'll be.

For the open world part of the game, if you are familiar with MMOs and what "pulling" an enemy is, Id imagine thats where you would be getting the most use of such a weapon in game.

Outside of that perhaps hitting enemies weak spots at a distance for increased damage output would be the other use if designed correctly and that is if they have actual locational damage included in the game.

ratsuki

Where are these screenshots from? I don't remember seeing the crossbow in use before.

Yep, they are from Platinum Demo. You can glimpse Noctis holding crossbow in Armiger mode if you fast enough.

I mean, every time he warps it's to where he's holding a weapon, or put another way, he warps to a position where the weapon in question is in the right place.

So with a crossbow or gun, maybe he warps to a place where the arrow is back in the crossbow, or the bullet is back in the gun, ready to be fired again?

Does that mean at the destination of the warp he's travelling as fast as the bullet?

YES I KNOW GUNPOWDER DOESN'T WORK THIS WAY

Not sure if I understand but I got this mental image where Noctis just throw his gun at enemy's face, then warp there and shoot them point blank
and I can't stop laughing cause I picture him throwing his gun boomerang style and it's so silly

Top Bottom