• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Mafia |OT| Keep Your Vote On The Payload

cabot

Nothing I've seen of Verelios in this game would have him being quiet on a false scum claim. He'd be all up in your ass.

If you're wrongfully accused, would you just go completely silent?

Would you not be very angry, confused and trying to convince the Town of the madness that is happening?

Why would you resign yourself to your fate?

and suddenly i realize i somehow blanked on the "if you town and..." part of your post. woops.

my suspicion is that vere is scum and figures they are doomed and just want to go down giving us as little as possible.

cabot

This is being made way more complicated than it needs to be and wasting a ton of time. We could've been got a flip on Ouro and a slew of questions answered instead you guys want to argue yourselves to death on random theories half of which don't make sense. Fran, me and I think splinter have laid out things in the simplest way.

What would you guys do if someone claimed your character? I'm just wondering because apparently I was suppose to keep quiet and let Ouro continue his lie?

Don't really see how your story is less complicated than someone claiming cop thats found scum, buddy.

Burbeting

Banned
Zeke is almost acting as if cop had found him as scum, not verelios.

What would scum ouro accomplish with claiming he red-checked verelios?

Burbeting

Banned
I'm still trying to find a reason, a motive for Scum Ourobolus to do this stuff. So far splinter has given "there are some crazy roles" which is vague as heck. And Zeke gave the grey area idea, which relies badly on flavor of the heroes which is already countered in the rules. We can't figure out scum or neutrals just based on hero names, otherwise this game could be solved with hero name mass claim.

franconp

What can I say? I like making theories up. It's fun and I like to read what people thinks of them. How hard they try to debunk them or make sense of them. It actually gives me more reads on people than normal conversation.

What I really think: Ouro is a neutral Tracer who has to kill Widowmaker to win the game. He made a false roleclaim to make Widowmaker counter claim. If this is true we could lose 4 player before the next day phase (if there are no shenanigans): the lynched Vere, Ouro NK Eze, Ouro wins and leaves the game and a potential NK from scum. From here the result vary depending of Vere and Eze aligments:

If Vere and Eze are both towns we lose 3 townies and a neutral which would be a bad result from us.

If one of Vere and Eze are town and one scum it would be 2 townies, 1 scum and a neutral which it wouldn't be so bad especially if Vere is the one who isn't lying as he is only a normal townie now.

If Vere and Eze are both scum we would have a 2 scum, 1 townie and a neutral which is really great.

I still think that lynching Ouro would minimize our loses and give us the more info. I understand that people are afraid to kill a cop but killing him would help clarify the game a lot.

cabot

What can I say? I like making theories up. It's fun and I like to read what people thinks of them. How hard they try to debunk them or make sense of them. It actually gives me more reads on people than normal conversation.

What I really think: Ouro is a neutral Tracer who has to kill Widowmaker to win the game. He made a false roleclaim to make Widowmaker counter claim. If this is true we could lose 4 player before the next day phase (if there are no shenanigans): the lynched Vere, Ouro NK Eze, Ouro wins and leaves the game and a potential NK from scum. From here the result vary depending of Vere and Eze aligments:

So Ouro can NK his target?

Easiest role ever, just claim his target, await counter claim, wait for NK, win?

Nah.

Also why wouldn't he have done this on day 1?

franconp

Easiest role ever, just claim his target, await counter claim, wait for NK, win?

Nah.

If Ouro would have roleclaimed the first day as WM it would be suspicious as several as stated that roleclaiming the first day would be a bad idea. And it doesn't make certain that the true WM would counter claim. But claiming cop and WM? That would certainly would make the true WM came forward.

Why wouldn't ouro just then advocate Zeke lynch today if that was his role..?

Maybe he has to make the kill. If he wins if the widowmaker is killed by either lynching or scum NK would be to easy for Ouro to win. He just has to wait for that to happen. Maybe that's why he is in hurry to make all of this. Or maybe I'm just mistaken. That's the good thing about discussions, brings things to light that I didn't think much.

franconp

Just rereading a bit:

1 of my abilities is usin my grappling hook to commute. 1 shot use sniper rifle and a 3rd thing I don't wish to say. All 1 shot.

V won't settle me vs Ouro. We would still have to deal with that. One of us has to be lying about widow and must be scum.

Eze have you used any of you abilities yet?

Ouro has linked vere's flip to me when the reason I even started Ouro is because of ouro's lie. We can deal with vere next day phase. I can use my shot on him tonight and if that doesn't work we lynch him. Ouro flip gives more answers.

Why would we lynch Vere if you don't kill him with your NK? If you propose to go that route and Vere don't die we should lynch you.

Thoughts on lynching me, proving I am wm and kynching Ouro next? Only real thing I have is 1 shot sniper so town won't lose much? Other two doesn't really help town too much. depending on his flip you can do vere next. But a town cop wouldn't lie about his character.

I have already said this but if one of the powers don't help much why you kept it secret in the first post? Why don't you share it?

*Splinter

If you're wrongfully accused, would you just go completely silent?

Would you not be very angry, confused and trying to convince the Town of the madness that is happening?

Why would you resign yourself to your fate?
Verelios has checked out because he thinks he's being lynched and doesn't care enough to sit around all day arguing the point.

The idea that scum Zeke would sacrifice himself to save scum Verelios who has literally given up is ridiculous.

Fuck this day is frustrating to read. You all need to cut out this "WAH WAH FLAVOUR IS FLAVOUR" bullshit as a way to shut down conversation. Flashback makes sense as a role block. Tracer totally could be after Widowmaker. It's just a theory, we won't know whats actually going on here until we lynch Ouro.

There's no way in hell that Zeke lied about being Widowmaker, that makes less sense than any of the other things that don't make sense today. That makes Ouro a liar. Therefore I don't trust Ouro, and the only thing I know about Ouro is he really really really wants us to lynch Verelios, and that's why it's the last thing we should do today.

*Splinter

Don't really see how your story is less complicated than someone claiming cop thats found scum, buddy.
A cop that's found scum can be thrown off by miller, framer, switcher, crazy Sorian role, etc. We also have to trust that Ouro is a cop in the first place.

Zeke's "story" on the other hand is all public knowledge: 2 people have publicly claimed the same role, one of them is lying.

*Splinter

I'm still trying to find a reason, a motive for Scum Ourobolus to do this stuff. So far splinter has given "there are some crazy roles" which is vague as heck. And Zeke gave the grey area idea, which relies badly on flavor of the heroes which is already countered in the rules. We can't figure out scum or neutrals just based on hero names, otherwise this game could be solved with hero name mass claim.
Why have you been doing this all day Burb? "I can't figure out a reason Ouro is lying, so I assume he is telling the truth".

How about look for a reason for Zeke to be lying. There is nothing to explain that.

*Splinter

Nah.

How do you claim someone else's role without one of you being lynched?

Seriously though

Burbeting

Banned
Why have you been doing this all day Burb? "I can't figure out a reason Ouro is lying, so I assume he is telling the truth".

How about look for a reason for Zeke to be lying. There is nothing to explain that.

I think cabot's strongman theory is pretty interesting.

*Splinter

You do realise that your POV is not the absolute truth from our POV?
The absolute truth from our POV is that two people have claimed widowmaker.

His POV is pretty much the same as ours, although we don't know which of the two is lying.

Unlike Ouro's POV, which actually is completely different to ours.

Ty4on

If Ouro would have roleclaimed the first day as WM it would be suspicious as several as stated that roleclaiming the first day would be a bad idea. And it doesn't make certain that the true WM would counter claim. But claiming cop and WM? That would certainly would make the true WM came forward.

I wanted to ask Ouro this as well, but why claim so late if that's the case? Why not just come right out of the gate:
"Alright I'm cop, Verelios is scum. My rolename is widowmaker."

And to Ouro: What was your plan on D2 after the red check? You didn't claim until Splinter pressured you.

*Splinter

If Zeke is lying, then it means he is protecting Verelios. So that means Verelios is fucking important to him for some reason. And Verelios is red-checked by claimed Cop. This is not rocket science, Splinter.
You've spent the entire day looking for a justification to lynch outside of the counterclaimers, and this is all you've come up with.

After accusing me of bringing up crazy roles. A role so powerful it's worth losing two scum to keep it alive one more night.

Ok.

franconp

I scumread verelios.

I don't trust Eze. Ouro can be determined from the flip

Vere being scum may not be related to Ouro. Ouro can be just lucky enough that he caught a scum with his claim. If we finally lynch Vere and he is found scum I wouldn't take Ouro's cop claim for certain. For all that matters it could be all a ruse. I also claimed cop and gave town Hobodobo in AC mafia to gain town's credit and Ouro was part of our team.

I want to know if Eze already used his conmuter ability. It may give us some margin here.

franconp

If we think heroes are indicative of roles and alignments, this game could be solved with a mass claim. Hope you don't think that.

He isn't talking about aligments. But if the powers are related to the lore Tracer could be someone who has to kill the Widowmaker. That wouldn't solve anything with a mass roleclaim as we don't know which heroes are in which side.

I find weird that Ouro roleclaimed Tracer the first day jokingly and now he roleclaims Widowmaker.

If there isn't another Tracer it would help clarify some things. But maybe Tracer is a scum role and they could be very happy with all this development so maybe we won't have a Tracer roleclaim.

cabot

Vere being scum may not be related to Ouro. Ouro can be just lucky enough that he caught a scum with his claim. If we finally lynch Vere and he is found scum I wouldn't take Ouro's cop claim for certain. For all that matters it could be all a ruse. I also claimed cop and gave town Hobodobo in AC mafia to gain town's credit and Ouro was part of our team.

I want to know if Eze already used his conmuter ability. It may give us some margin here.

Then we're back on Scum Ouro bussing Verelios from the get go, where no one else really went after him.

If Verelios is a lynch bomb that could be logical, otherwise I don't really see why he needed to end Verelios on D2 after a no kill night.

*Splinter

He isn't talking about aligments. But if the powers are related to the lore Tracer could be someone who has to kill the Widowmaker. That wouldn't solve anything with a mass roleclaim as we don't know which heroes are in which side.

I find weird that Ouro roleclaimed Tracer the first day jokingly and now he roleclaims Widowmaker.

If there isn't another Tracer it would help clarify some things. But maybe Tracer is a scum role and they could be very happy with all this development so maybe we won't have a Tracer roleclaim.
Yeah if we don't get a claim then either Ouro is tracer or tracer is scum (or both). But even "Tracer is scum" is useful info (mass claim before lylo, lynch tracer or a duplicate claimant).

franconp

Then we're back on Scum Ouro bussing Verelios from the get go, where no one else really went after him.

If Verelios is a lynch bomb that could be logical, otherwise I don't really see why he needed to end Verelios on D2 after a no kill night.

Yes, that's why yesterday I said this is the least possible scenario. I just don't want to make Ouro a 100% certain cop if Vere is flipped scum because all there are a LOT of
inconsistencies in Ouro's post. There are a lot of things that doesn't make sense and a LOT of take backs.

I see you voted for Stanley and I asume is because you want to press him to come forward and share his views. What is your take on all of this? Who do you believe, Ouro or Eze? Are you voting for Vere or Ouro?

Ty4on

Since Kyan is off the table, I would vote Ty or Nin.
Why do you scum read me? IIRC you had a light town read on me D1.

Work starts soon. Sundays are busy so I probably won't be able to keep up.
I'm still for a turbo of Verelios. Discussion isn't getting anywhere IMO. Stuff against Ouro is too circumstantial. I don't like Lynching for info, it sounds like an excuse for mislynching. Lynching Ouro has a much higher potential downside and it's not like Verelios' flip will leave us stranded for info unless he somehow flips neutral. Verelios hasn't informed us of any lynchers which I think most targets are aware of.

Sorian

Banned
Current vote count:

Verelios (11)
Ourobolus
Bronx-man
*Splinter
Franconp
AbsolutBro
Melonrabbit
Xamtheking
Haly
WhereAreMahDragonz
Kingkitty
Burbeting
nin1000
Ty4on
cabot
Mazre
AbsolutBro

Ourobolus (5)
EzekelRAGE
*Splinter
Haly
franconp
Cherry Bomb

nin1000 (1)
Barrylocke

StanleyPalmtree (0)
cabot

*Splinter (0)
cabot

Absolutbro (0)
Burbeting

Mazre (0)
Haly

Bronx-man (0)
Kingkitty

EzekelRAGE (0)
Barrylocke

Kyanrute (0)
Melonrabbit

11 votes needed for majority
red_1476720000.png

Mazre

VOTE: Verelios

This puts us at 10 votes for Verelios, next vote would be majority.

At this point I think everyone has had a chance to weigh in and we're only a few hours from our original deadline. If someone feels they have something else to explore and wants more time speak up or lets get on with it.

I've been away all day yesterday for an event, and I won't be able to read things here im a hard way until after 3 (in 4 or 5 hours). Until then Im reading what's happened since last night in bursts when I can though.

Sorian

Banned
Success! The payload was through the first choke and around the bend next to the gas station. Reinhardt had just zoomed past with his charge right off the edge. A single cross fade and amp it up and Lucio was immediately back in the fight. That was game ending mistake.

An ambush waited for him as he rounded the corner to the payload. Fire came from all sides and his health tanked. He cross faded back but the heal was too slow. His only chance was to get the med pack in the gas station. One more time, his skates changed back to their neon green color. He was almost there, almost safe. Just as he was about to grab the med pack, the spring trap closed shut and he was stuck in place.

The familiar popping sound followed by laughter was the last thing Lucio heard. The battlefield was a much quieter place after that day.

Verelios has died

Now entering Route 66

Prepare to attack.
You are mafia.

Welcome to Overwatch Mafia.

You have selected Lucio. An international celebrity who inspires social change through his music and actions. You also dropped the hottest mixtape of the season which made you skyrocket in popularity.

You are a Mafia Group Shield. Once per game, you may PM me the command SOUND BARRIER. During the night that the sound barrier is activated, all of your teammates are given a one-shot bulletproof vest preventing one NK. Please note that the “strong” modifier allows an action to ignore all roleblocks, protections, and redirecting abilities.

The factional kill command is KILL <playername>. Defense players are scrubs so it&#8217;s usually that easy. You may not use your personal command and the factional command on the same night.

The scum thread can be found here and your teammates are your music and your soul.

You win when you are able to overwhelm the defending team (town). In other words, you win when you control 50% of the votes.

Night phase will be slightly extended to compensate for the early end to the day.

Night actions are due to me by:
red_1476720000.png

And Night 2 ends:
red_1476730800.png

Sorian

Banned
Remember, all night actions are due to me by deadline in the post above. If you think you've sent me a night action and I haven't responded to you, that means I did not receive it!

Sorian

Banned
The first checkpoint was nearing and Torbjorn had decided to rebuild his turret overlooking the door. He looked across to the next rooftop and was instantly dumbfounded.

His one vice.

The one thing that can make any Torbjorn become distracted.

Clad in pink, he could see it from here. That perfect Widowmaker butt. It didn't matter that she was one of the attackers, he had to get closer for a good look. As he crept along the battlefield, Reinhardt charging past again right off a cliff, he was able to get to the stairs to the rooftop.

Widow was waiting for him though, he wouldn't get a glimpse this time. One shot, one kill.

Pleased with herself, she turned to the rest of the battlefield to line up her next shot. She wouldn't have the chance as an arrow streaked through the sky, ending her instantly.

The superior sniper had won again.

Ourobolus has died

Now entering Route 66

Prepare your defenses.
You are town.

You have selected Torbjorn. The ingenious Overwatch engineer responsible for keeping a workshop filled with the most advanced armaments on the planet. Play of the Game? Watching that Widowmaker butt while your turret does all the work.

You are a Town Armorsmith. At night, you may PM me the command ARMOR PACK: <Playername>. This will allow you to give a vest to the player that makes them 1-shot bulletproof. Please note, only one vest may be out at a time and you may never target the same player twice over the duration of the game. Targeting a new player will remove the old vest and I will let you know when/if the current vest out is used up. You may self-target.

You win when the attacking team (scum) has been eliminated.

EzekelRAGE has died

Now entering Route 66

Prepare to attack.
You are mafia.

You have selected Widowmaker. Amélie Lacroix (no relation to Remy Lacroix), you are the perfect assassin: a patient, ruthlessly efficient killer who shows neither emotion nor remorse.

You are a Mafia Sniper. At night, you may PM me the command RIGHT CLICK. This will allow you to line up a shot with your sniper rifle. If you successfully hold down the right click button for one night then you may use the command SNIPE: <Playername> on the following night to kill a player. Please note that if you should be roleblocked in any way on either night then you must start the process from the beginning.

The factional kill command is KILL <playername>. Defense players are scrubs so it&#8217;s usually that easy. You may not use your personal kill command and the factional command on the same night.

The scum thread can be found here and your teammates are your dead husband and your sniper rifle.

You win when you are able to overwhelm the defending team (town). In other words, you win when you control 50% of the votes.

10 votes are needed for majority.
Day 3 ends in:
red_1476903600.png

Top Bottom