• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show Us Your Gaming Goods!

Status
Not open for further replies.
steam.jpg

photo-4.jpg

Finally able to play Mass Effect 2! Got bootcamp running on my iMac. Also DQ IX is hot sauce, loving it so far.

Chorazin

Big Ass Ramp said:
what's the performance like? Have you had a chance to really put your foot into it yet?

I may or may not have taken her to a nice curvy back road I know of, and I may or may not have exceeded 100mph on straights.

It may or may not have been AWESOME. The sport suspension would probably hug the road quite rally-car like, if I had done those things.

Beats the pants off my traded-in 1999 Chevy Cavalier, that's for sure!!

Gameboy415

Saterium said:
What case is that for the DS games? Looks good!

I don't remember exactly, but I think it's called a "DS Collection Case" or something similar.
I love that each one holds 24 games, but the case doesn't snap/lock shut so it's not the best choice for travel.

I randomly found them on some Japanese home decor mail-order website and ordered a bunch for my collection a year or two ago. I don't think they're available from that store anymore, but you might be able to find them somewhere online.

CryptiK

LiK said:
perfectly reasonable. i got one in the basement, one in the kitchen and one in my bedroom :D
You should probably put the one from the kitchen and into the toilet would be fantastic.. thought probably spend a lot of time in the toilet after that >.> I know I would

Sagitario

Gameboy415 said:
I'm back!

After 4 long months of moving home and "enjoying" the resulting reverse-culture-shock and depression, I've finally rounded up all of the stuff I picked up during my last months in Japan and since moving back to America and took some pics to share.
All of the Japanese stuff was bought in March/April before leaving the country, but the rest I've managed to pick up dirt cheap here in the States:

Well, I think that's it. Remember, this stuff is from March 2010-today, not JUST July!! :lol

WOW! :O

I hope you find the time to enjoy all that stuff! :D

DSC_2346.JPG

Joining the party. Couldn't pass up $23.99 during the Gamestop power hour.

DSC_2348.JPG

1/2 off Criterion at B&N. With coupons and member discounts it's more than 1/2 off. Got these 3 for $67.

DSC_2351.JPG

New driver. This thing is pure sex.:D

Forsete

I wanted some extra USB-ports at the front of the PC and stumbled upon this little thing. 2x USB-ports, card readers and what I liked the most, a bay for 2.5 inch harddrives.

Sadly they only had the silver one in stock, so it doesnt really fit the all black PC tower. :p
4790504293_47245c1695_b.jpg

I was a little disappointed with the transfer speed for the card reader, really slow compared to my no-name external reader.

A 2.5 inch IDE HDD of your choice can be put in this enclosure, which allows docking. I got a 80GB one.
4790505187_cbaca076bb_b.jpg

Forsete said:
I wanted some extra USB-ports at the front of the PC and stumbled upon this little thing. 2x USB-ports, card readers and what I liked the most, a bay for 2.5 inch harddrives.

Sadly they only had the silver one in stock, so it doesnt really fit the all black PC tower. :p
I was a little disappointed with the transfer speed for the card reader, really slow compared to my no-name external reader.

A 2.5 inch IDE HDD of your choice can be put in this enclosure, which allows docking. I got a 80GB one.
What type of camera did you use to take these pictures?

Gameboy415

careksims said:
IMG_0974a.jpg

Finally came in the mail today! Whoo hoo! I thought I never score the Limited Edition one but... THANK YOU YESASIA.com!! :D

Nice! The LE is only available in Japan, right?
What's in the LE set this time around??

Zing

Banned
j8imgj.jpg

My four-year-old daughter loves to watch me play video games. "We" are currently playing through Metroid Prime.

I recently played through Spyro the Dragon with her, and as soon as it was finished, I knew I had to buy the sequel. I immediate went on Ebay and snagged a cheap copy.

I played through Pikmin with her almost a year ago, and she still occasionally asks me to play it again. I tried it again a few weeks ago, but it is a little too fresh in my mind to play again so soon. I don't know why I never thought to get the sequel, but as soon as I remembered there was one, I got online and ordered it.

Zing

Banned
JrBaconCheeseburger said:
This is my first mac and i am looking forward to it .

Apple Wireless Keyboard as well.

I am a week late since I just discovered this thread, but congrats. I bailed on Windows about 3 years ago and don't miss it. I wanted a laptop and PC laptops are overflowing with absolute misery. After having to provide Windows tech support, both professionally and casually, for about 15 years, it was a very refreshing switch. It took about 3 days to get used to Mac OS.

After couple years, I converted my wife. She now uses a Macbook Pro as her main computer. I also retired our Windows file server and now use a Mac Mini as our HTPC (Plex.app is godly).

Bii

Zing said:
http://i31.tinypic.com/j8imgj.jpg

My four-year-old daughter loves to watch me play video games. "We" are currently playing through Metroid Prime.

I recently played through Spyro the Dragon with her, and as soon as it was finished, I knew I had to buy the sequel. I immediate went on Ebay and snagged a cheap copy.

I played through Pikmin with her almost a year ago, and she still occasionally asks me to play it again. I tried it again a few weeks ago, but it is a little too fresh in my mind to play again so soon. I don't know why I never thought to get the sequel, but as soon as I remembered there was one, I got online and ordered it.

You're awesome for doing this. My 5-year old cousin loves watching me play video games. I went through the 50cc and 100cc in Mario Kart Wii while she watched and now I'm going through James Cameron's Avatar: The Game. We've progressed from her watching, to her controlling the nunchuk (while I attack with the Wiimote) and finally us playing co-op with one another.

She did refuse to watch me play Carcassone on my iPhone because she said it looked boring. *laughs*

Lkr

Bii said:
You're awesome for doing this. My 5-year old cousin loves watching me play video games. I went through the 50cc and 100cc in Mario Kart Wii while she watched and now I'm going through James Cameron's Avatar: The Game. We've progressed from her watching, to her controlling the nunchuk (while I attack with the Wiimote) and finally us playing co-op with one another.

She did refuse to watch me play Carcassone on my iPhone because she said it looked boring. *laughs*
Have you tried Co-Op with the Lego games? I used to baby sit my friends brother who was 4 at the time, and he had a BLAST playing those with me. Although I had to let him get all the bricks and I was "accidentally" killed several times, I had a lot of fun too:lol

careksims

Gameboy415 said:
Nice! The LE is only available in Japan, right?
What's in the LE set this time around??

From what it is

* mini replica of recording script
* Blazblue Visual book
* Specially labeled disk
* Noel Vermillion Nendoroid Petit

Japan only I think. I see a Asian version, but I dunno. I went to the Aksys english website and I see in the faq, they will not have any kind of Special Edition for it. :(

Shiv47

Nausicaa Blu-ray. Lovely packaging. It comes with a miniaturized Animage collecting what I presume are all the original articles about the film.

IMG_0079.jpg

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Shiv47 said:
Nausicaa Blu-ray. Lovely packaging. It comes with a miniaturized Animage collecting what I presume are all the original articles about the film.

IMG_0079.jpg
Holy hotness!

I can't wait for Disney to release that here. I know the packaging will probably suck by comparison.. but Nausicaa in blu? *drools*

Shiv47 said:

IMG_0079.jpg
from amazon.jp ? Damn expensive in yesasia and hvm..amazon.jp's shipping rates is too high for me..Where do you live? i want that masterpiece

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
kemalettin said:
from amazon.jp ? Damn expensive in yesasia and hvm..amazon.jp's shipping rates is too high for me..Where do you live? i want that masterpiece
Does it have the English dub? (it's not bad... Patrick Stewart!)

Whew, it's been a while since I've even posted. Been really busy the past couple of weeks, but managed to secure some stuff along the way.

First of all, went to Disneyland for two days prior to Anime Expo, so that my friends and I could watch World of Color (it was AMAZING):

Captain EO shirt:
IMG_2289.jpg

World of Color tumbler (the base lights up):
IMG_2282.jpg

World of Color bag (came with each of our picnic meals):
IMG_2296.jpg

Goofy Gummies:
IMG_2281.jpg

Then of course, AX binge buys:

Funimation stuff:
IMG_2291.jpg

Bag (and items surrounding) was a bonus item from the Funimation booth while the Lust figure was a separate purchase:
IMG_2278.jpg

Alphonse and Black Hayate plushies:
IMG_2300.jpg

FMA: Brotherhood Trading Arts Vol. 2 figures (Olivier Armstrong, Roy Mustang, Alphonse Elric & May Chang) and a mini-poster:
IMG_2285.jpg

IMG_2287.jpg

Boota bath towel:
IMG_2288.jpg

Another FMA figure:
IMG_2286.jpg

Some FMA charms:
IMG_2275.jpg

PoT manga:
IMG_2276.jpg

Prof. Layton Revoltech:
IMG_2294.jpg

Deathsmiles LE:
IMG_2308.jpg

IMG_2309.jpg

And then stuff after AX:

Persona 3 Portable (and hat):
IMG_2298.jpg

Dragon Quest IX:
IMG_2307.jpg

Japan 2010 WC kit (was on sale for half-price):
IMG_2313.jpg

JEKKI

Auron_Kale said:
Whew, it's been a while since I've even posted. Been really busy the past couple of weeks, but managed to secure some stuff along the way.

First of all, went to Disneyland for two days prior to Anime Expo, so that my friends and I could watch World of Color (it was AMAZING):

Captain EO shirt:
IMG_2289.jpg
omg! seriously everywhere I go in the past few days ppl are rockin Captain EO shirts...

was there sum kinda memo that I didnt get or something?!?!

the map!! where's the map?!?!

Hooter has the map!!

HOOTER~!!

Zing

Banned
Lkr said:
Have you tried Co-Op with the Lego games? I used to baby sit my friends brother who was 4 at the time, and he had a BLAST playing those with me. Although I had to let him get all the bricks and I was "accidentally" killed several times, I had a lot of fun too:lol

My daughter had a great time being P2 in Super Mario Galaxy 2. It's a little disappointing that Pikmin 2 doesn't have something for P2 to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom