• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Obama says he was 'encouraged' by conversation with Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first time actually looking at the "final" map.

I'm not sure there's going to be any kind of widespread panic. That is one Red map. Even half of California is Red.

Wow

There are really large vast areas where about ~50-100 people live and voted red. funny map.

no panic should come from this map.

Sojgat

Better source.

Cw63_8pWgAAEBzr.jpg

HqpiSm3.gif

witness

Looks like Obama took him to President bootcamp. He looks so sad, I bet Obama told him some scary classified shit. Honestly I hope he goes there many times before the inauguration, certainly will help.

ArjanN

To be fair, this is actually the only reason I hold out hope he will be reasonable. He has no convictions. He just wants to be popular. Bush had an ethos. Trump may just take the path of least resistance.

That's probably the best we can hope for, and honestly I don't think it's that far off the mark

I mean, 90% of the shit he said during the campaign clearly was just pandering and saying whatever he thought people wanted to hear. Not that that excuses the things he said, but I also don't think he has any real intention to follow up on almost any of it with anything other than lip service.

Looks like Obama took him to President bootcamp. He looks so sad, I bet Obama told him some scary classified shit. Honestly I hope he goes there many times before the inauguration, certainly will help.

I mean, he only really had to tell him the obvious, i.e that being the POTUS means working a harder job for more hours with less personal freedom compared to just being a random millionaire with his own company.

He also believes (believed?) the Switch is going to be as powerful as PS4 Pro, so..

Trump will make Nintendo great again!!

After Obama was elected the right wing said death panels were coming in, the economy was about to collapse (well they were right about that but different causes namely Bush/Cheney and Iraq War), Sharia Law was going to become the law of the land, gas was going to go over $6/gallon, stock market would crash, and the government would take away your guns.

None of it happened, the economy did crash and recover, the stock market is at record highs, gas is at record lows, unemployment is decent, guns were never talked about except at the state level, and obamacare has had its highs (20m covered) and lows (22% premium increase this year).

Now the left wing is saying Trump is going to cause unemployment to go to 60%, start a nuclear war, roll back gay marriage and abortion rights, destroy the economy, send minorities to death camps, deport 11m illegal immigrants, start a trade war with Mexico and China, destroy the climate and turn Wall Street into our corporate overlords.

Anything is possible I suppose but I think the reality is that no one can predict what will happen and it will probably surprise everyone, good things and bad things.

norm9

A good thing is Trump will probably let slip about the UFOS and alien bodies the military is hiding. No way he can keep a secret that juicy.

Fox Mulder

Obama is just showing class on the way out. Anything else would be mocked by the right.

His entire legacy is about to be destroyed by racists and he has to accept it with a smile.

Fox Mulder

After Obama was elected the right wing said death panels were coming in, the economy was about to collapse (well they were right about that but different causes namely Bush/Cheney and Iraq War), Sharia Law was going to become the law of the land, gas was going to go over $6/gallon, stock market would crash, and the government would take away your guns.

None of it happened, the economy did crash and recover, the stock market is at record highs, gas is at record lows, unemployment is decent, guns were never talked about except at the state level, and obamacare has had its highs (20m covered) and lows (22% premium increase this year).

Now the left wing is saying Trump is going to cause unemployment to go to 60%, start a nuclear war, roll back gay marriage and abortion rights, destroy the economy, send minorities to death camps, deport 11m illegal immigrants, start a trade war with Mexico and China, destroy the climate and turn Wall Street into our corporate overlords.

Anything is possible I suppose but I think the reality is that no one can predict what will happen and it will probably surprise everyone, good things and bad things.

I'm not going to equate the irrational racist fears of conservatives in 08 to the fears people have now.

I wish Trump just had a scary Muslim name.

Sinfamy

Fuck you Obama, we're not on the same team as Trump you bipartisan neoliberal prick, you're partly responsible for this.
Enjoy your retirement lobbying for HSBC.

Opto

Banned
Obama should cancel all transitional cooperation. Chuck the keys to the white house off the inauguration podium. I don't give a fuck. The man doubted Obama's legitimacy for 8 years.

The difference is that Obama didn't actually pledge to do the things right-wingers said he would, while Trump and his cabinet in the making have either said they would or have actually begun the work to do the things people are worried about.

I'm sure you consider yourself intelligent so think for a moment.

samn

Obama should cancel all transitional cooperation. Chuck the keys to the white house off the inauguration podium. I don't give a fuck. The man doubted Obama's legitimacy for 8 years.

Obama needs to burn down as much of his mass surveillance infrastructure as he can before Trump takes the White House.

It would have been nice if he'd not built it up in the first place, but oh well.

Wow.

I've seen it all now. This is partly Obama's fault?

There is an argument to be made that bailing out the banks with poor people's tax money generated a lot of anger against 'the establishment'

Sinfamy

Wow.

I've seen it all now. This is partly Obama's fault?
It's been very clear who he favored and who he tipped the scale against during the primary.
It was also under his presidency of hope and change that gutted the poor and middle class that have him their voted in 2008 and 2012, regardless of Republican obstructionism, he didn't galvanize the public and call them out, he tried to play Mr nice guy when the Republicans wanted blood.

That seemed about as amiable as it can go. Trump's demeanor suggests to me that he has been briefed on some heavy shit that he had no idea about, and the gravity of the situation is really hitting him. I can only hope that this somehow humbles him.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
That seemed about as amiable as it can go. Trump's demeanor suggests to me that he has been briefed on some heavy shit that he had no idea about, and the gravity of the situation is really hitting him. I can only hope that this somehow humbles him.

It won't. He will guard himself with every asshole who stood by him. His cabinet are basiclly president now.

I can't unsee Washington internally screaming in all those pictures.

I don't think Obama wanted to say "we are completely fucked," because well, that would kick things into overdrive.

Obama is just showing class on the way out. Anything else would be mocked by the right.

This too will be mocked by the Right.

Fuck you Obama, we're not on the same team as Trump you bipartisan neoliberal prick, you're partly responsible for this.
Enjoy your retirement lobbying for HSBC.

You're part of the problem.

It's been very clear who he favored and who he tipped the scale against during the primary.
It was also under his presidency of hope and change that gutted the poor and middle class that have him their voted in 2008 and 2012, regardless of Republican obstructionism, he didn't galvanize the public and call them out, he tried to play Mr nice guy when the Republicans wanted blood.

Can you point to specific policies of Obama's that gutted the poor and middle class?

Sinfamy

This too will be mocked by the Right.

You're part of the problem.

Can you point to specific policies of Obama's that gutted the poor and middle class?
I voted for Hillary, I'm part of the solution.
I've been beating the warning the drum for a year and everyone laughed at me, Hillary had it in the bag.
Keep taking corporate money, keep appointing former industry CEOs, and keep losing elections.
The DNC needs to fire everyone from Donna Brazile to the janitor and start putting people in charge who are for the working class.

And yes, I can name it, he was pushing TPP for one, an easy ammunition for Trump to attack him on.

He probably just doesn't want to send the public into an even more widespread panic.

That passed. If you want to see that panic, look at the election thread and posts from Nov.8 around 8-12pm.

You had people screaming, arguing, crying, saying Jim Crow is back etc.

Tekniqs

Last soundbyte was Trump saying something like "of course, he's a very good man" seemingly answering a guy's question regarding how many times he's going to seek Obama's counsel. Hopefully he's not lying about this.

digdug2k

His entire legacy is about to be destroyed by racists and he has to accept it with a smile.
No he doesn't. He could easily say "Fuck off asshole." I'm not even sure how that would hurt him or the party at this point. It seems like the no-fucks Democrats are generally more liked than the "lets be congenial ones" right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom