• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Obama says he was 'encouraged' by conversation with Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

MogCakes

I understand that Obama and co. are forced in the name of not tearing the country apart. I guarantee the fight against Trump is not over and will not end until he is out of office, be that 4 or 8 years. The fight against the other half of America will continue long after that.

edHWcwf.jpg

Jarmel

Banned
Trump totally didn't want this job besides the actual title. He wants the prestige but not the actual work.

You could just see that from his reaction the past few days. This is going to be actual work for him.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cw63_8pWgAAEBzr.jpg[/IMG]

Good god. That face. You would have thought he lost.

This is worth well over a thousand words.

It terrifies the hell out of me. He is the next President of the United States of America.... :(

Hiltz

Historically, all presidents and president-elect successors whom didn't personally like each other set their differences aside so they could have a peaceful transition to power. Obama's doing what is expected of him because he has integrity and is obligated to reassure the American people.

What'd you guys expect him to say? "Shit's gonna be fucked up. Brace yourselves"?!

Trump totally didn't want this job besides the actual title. He wants the prestige but not the actual work.

You could just see that from his reaction the past few days. This is going to be actual work for him.

Exactly. It's part of why for a long time I thought he was just going to drop out after he knew he could win

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Maybe Trump told Obama he's planning to start the nuclear war right away to put us all out of our misery as soon as possible. It would be nice if he didn't drag it out, I personally want to die right now.

At least wait until April...I'd like to play Horizon and Zelda U before the bombs fall.

After the credits roll, fuck this world.

Joni

To be fair, this is actually the only reason I hold out hope he will be reasonable. He has no convictions. He just wants to be popular. Bush had an ethos. Trump may just take the path of least resistance.
The least resistance would be doing whatever the GOP asks.

E-Cat

Yeah, I really don't believe Trump wants this. He has absolutely no enthusiasm in his presence now. At least I can experience a little bit of schadenfreude before everything goes crazy
Low-energy Trump.

Sad!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
This is my first time actually looking at the "final" map.

I'm not sure there's going to be any kind of widespread panic. That is one Red map. Even half of California is Red.

Wow

Yep, North and Central California(outside of the Bay area) are filled with total fucking gun nuts. Outside SF and the land between LA is like the wild west at times. CA isn't entirely a blue state by any means, its just the urban density that carries the popular vote for that state, much of the suburban outland is usually red.

Illinois vs. Chicago is largely similar.

Here's the thing, as fucking awful as Trump is, I don't think this is a responsibility he's going to take lightly. I think what we're seeing is Trump realizing he doesn't know what the thought he knows. He's been so full of bluster but now is the time to put the rubber to the road and he can't just get what he wants. He knows congress is half with him, and the other half thinks he's the worst thing ever. He knows all the shit he said during his campaign will dog him and he's a guy who can't stand being criticized. So what did he do? He just put the biggest fucking target on his back that he could. The WHOLE WORLD is going to be taking shots now for 4 years, and this is a guy who has a ginormous ego.

The IDEA of being president probably excited the fuck out of him, but I think the actual job of being president is something that just grinds you down. Look at Obama. He looks 30 years older than he did when he took office. That's going to happen to Trump. And he knows it. I truly think he wanted it to be close but didn't want to be president because now he's responsible for more than just himself.

Jesus, looking at the libs here crying. Trump is gonna be a great President and you need to realize that.
We have no clue if he will be because the guy has no previous political experience. If he had we could judge him on results. We can't. We don't have a clue about what he is going to do or if he is a capable person for the job.

Yeah, as I suspected he didn't want the job at all. The title and prestige?? You betcha. The money making potential and the deals he can make whilst in that position? Absolutely. But he does not want or need the near 24/7 responsibility that comes with being president at all. Pence will be the real president and Trump will do his 4 years, maybe, and then just fuck it all off and go back to his high end lifestyle.

Almost every picture I've seen of him after he won is a far far cry from his usual demeanour on his campaign trail.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Jesus, looking at the libs here crying. Trump is gonna be a great President and you need to realize that.

have you realized that he is a racist, makes fun of the disabled, called people from mexico rapists and drug dealers, thinks muslims are terrorists and wants to throw them out of the country and not welcome refugees anymore, yet?

Shadybiz

Even without his character flaws (racism, misogyny, xenophobia, etc), we have NO way of knowing that, because of the very well documented number of times that he pivoted on EVERYTHING, and from the overwhelming amount of times that he lied when compared to his competition. We have NO idea what he's going to actually do.

Daft_Cat

Ok - but based on what? Prior experience? Campaign promises? Personal demeanor? A particular openness towards prejudice and bigotry?

I hope he surprises me. I really do. And sure, my own views tend to skew left - but even allowing for that, what is it about Trump that triggers expectations of presidential greatness?

Even without his character flaws (racism, misogyny, xenophobia, etc), we have NO way of knowing that, because of the very well documented number of times that he pivoted on EVERYTHING, and from the overwhelming amount of times that he lied when compared to his competition. We have NO idea what he's going to actually do.

Barack Obama: Shadow President

I wouldnt read too much into it. Even for a narcissist like Trump the position of President will be a little awe inspiring for a few days. This is just that period where he treats it with a little reverence.

Once he settles in we will be back to the same old shitbird Trump tweeting at 1AM at anyone who said something mean about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom