• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd kill for a new Capcom-made JoJo fighting game. But alas, Bandai Namco has the video game rights to JoJo.

I just recently finished watching Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency, which was my first exposure to JoJo outside of the fighting games, and it became one of my favorite things right around the time Dio attempts to jam a thumb in Jonathan's eye a second time. Then it kept getting even better from there.

I'd be on board with a new Capcom JoJo fighter.

JayEH

I just recently finished watching Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency, which was my first exposure to JoJo outside of the fighting games, and it became one of my favorite things right around the time Dio attempts to jam a thumb in Jonathan's eye a second time. Then it kept getting even better from there.

I'd be on board with a new Capcom JoJo fighter.

The next arc after that is what the capcom game is based on. Things get even more bizarre than they already have.

Forget Marvel vs Capcom 4.. I want them to announce Capcom All-Star Vs.

I do want this more. No need to worry about licenses.

lupinko

Forget Marvel vs Capcom 4.. I want them to announce Capcom All-Star Vs.

We had that game already, it was called capcom fighting jam/evolution as a replacement to the canned Capcom fighting all stars.

In this day and age, dat Marvel is Capcom's only safe fighting game outside of Street Fighter.

Neoxon

We had that game already, it was called capcom fighting jam/evolution as a replacement to the canned Capcom fighting all stars.

In this day and age, dat Marvel is Capcom's only safe fighting game outside of Street Fighter.
This. As much as I'd be down for Capcom All-Stars, Capcom doesn't have a lot of big franchises that can move units beyond Street Fighter, Mega Man, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, & Monster Hunter.
Plus with the whole Marvel-Fox feud starting to die down (thank god), roster choices likely won't be too much of an issue with a possible MvC4 by next year.

Again, I'm not saying that MvC4 is anywhere in the realm of likely right now, but rather just a possibility. A long-shot, sure, but a possibility nonetheless.

JayEH

This. As much as I'd be down for Capcom All-Stars, Capcom doesn't have a lot of big franchises that can move units beyond Street Fighter, Mega Man, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, & Monster Hunter.
Plus with the whole Marvel-Fox feud starting to die down (thank god), roster choices likely won't be too much of an issue with a possible MvC4 by next year.

Again, I'm not saying that MvC4 is anywhere in the realm of likely right now, but rather just a possibility. A long-shot, sure, but a possibility nonetheless.

so you think combining all those properties wouldn't be a big enough hit? capcom has the most valuable ip outside of nintendo imo even if they don't act like it.

Neoxon

so you think combining all those properties wouldn't be a big enough hit? capcom has the most valuable ip outside of nintendo imo even if they don't act like it.
Not really. Only SF, RE, & MH have mainstream appeal right now (more so the former two). And even then, they can only pull in so much attention from the casuals. On account of this, most of a Capcom All-Stars roster would be characters from the 5 franchises mentioned (or 4, if the MH devs continue to be dicks about their characters being used like during the MvC3 days). Having a big property to cross over with kinda allows Capcom to dig deeper with their side of the roster since the other big property is doing most of the casual-attention-grabbing.

FluxWaveZ

Are people anticipating some sort of collaboration-related announcement?

There was a blog post a few mins ago from the producer (Tomoaki Ayano): http://www.capcom.co.jp/game/content/streetfighter/saikyoblog/1936

It's short. but in it he teases "that collaboration-related announcement" for next Monday (November 21).

The 21st or the 14th? That blog post was posted on the 11th, and someone mentioned it earlier here:
Another announcement coming very soon (perhaps as soon as Monday): http://www.capcom.co.jp/game/content/streetfighter/saikyoblog/1936

Yeah, I'd assumed the announcement was coming today. I'm expecting Japan-exclusive Red Bull snowboarding outfits and nothing more to avoid disappointment.

Csr

They announced the announcement two times and it was that?
I thought i had low enough expectations but i guess i was wrong. I was hoping for some SFV costumes at least.

aa0.png

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, why would you tease that on the Street Fighter site? That's useless for 95% of the audience

I finally played on the Rashid stage. I will say, it's kinda disorienting, haha. I will get used to it I think. I do have problems with heights/planes/boats though, so it's just me, heh.

Naarmight

When I play SFV it is almost exclusively online against one of my friends. So was not sure how the win 10 casual matches would go. However I just got matched against terrible people, I lost 2 rounds total. It was just silly. Still it was good to know I am not as bad as I feared.

To celebrate I decided to buy the Ring of Destiny, there is my good deed, now do not let me down Capcom, have some killer announcements for Capcom Cup

You should be, gj.

I need to play more myself, spend more time talking about the game than fighting.
Missed this, thanks!

I've been mainly just logging in to do the missions, and that's it. There's not much else for me to do since I don't play online generally. I hope S2 has some more single player content in store.

MrCarter

Missed this, thanks!

I've been mainly just logging in to do the missions, and that's it. There's not much else for me to do since I don't play online generally. I hope S2 has some more single player content in store.

I'm thinking Arcade and Battle mode will be announced imminently. Maybe even with a new disc? Would be great for all those casuals.

FluxWaveZ

Random thought: I don't think Ken's air tatsu should mess with anti-airs in the way it does. He already has plenty of good tools to get in, where he then proceeds to wreck opponents.

I wonder if retooling Mika's V-Skill to have way faster startup and recovery, but removing the throw buff would be an okay trade. Kind of like a slow acting parry or a fireball counter.

Random thought: I don't think Ken's air tatsu should mess with anti-airs in the way it does. He already has plenty of good tools to get in, where he then proceeds to wreck opponents.

I wonder if retooling Mika's V-Skill to have way faster startup and recovery, but removing the throw buff would be an okay trade. Kind of like a slow acting parry or a fireball counter.

That seems silly considering that's the primary reason for the shit, lol.

FluxWaveZ

That seems silly considering that's the primary reason for the shit, lol.

Mika players don't care about the throw buff (outside of dizzy combos/setups). We're doing it in the (extremely) rare times when it won't outright kill us simply because of the increase in the V-Gauge for one of the best V-Triggers in the game (or V-Reversals).

Otherwise, her V-Skill is definitely one of the worst in the game, and that's why I'm thinking about possible changes that could be done to it for it to be used more.

mbpm1

It's more like make hurtboxes wide again tbh.

The hurtboxes for characters in this game are the width of a character's waists which exacerbates the range issues like that

Zackat

I'm not getting what you're trying to say with those 2 pictures? Are you saying they're bad right now?
they think the character should match up with the hitbox.

The hutboxes for characters in this game are the width of a character's waists which exacerbates the range issues like that
Man that sounds dumb. Wonder why they did that.

they think the character should match up with the hitbox.

Man that sounds dumb. Wonder why they did that.

My guess would be due to the combo system.
1f links means more margin for error therefore compensation would be to widen hitboxes.
3f links means less margin for error therefore compensation would be to shorten hitboxes.

Also FOOTSIES!

Mika players don't care about the throw buff (outside of dizzy combos/setups). We're doing it in the (extremely) rare times when it won't outright kill us simply because of the increase in the V-Gauge for one of the best V-Triggers in the game (or V-Reversals).

Otherwise, her V-Skill is definitely one of the worst in the game, and that's why I'm thinking about possible changes that could be done to it for it to be used more.

I'm duly aware of all that and yet, still doesn't refute my claim in as it's intended purpose. Can it be improved? Sure. But taking away its intended purpose just to do so is....silly.

Hell, they could just make it that a hit doesn't eliminate the buff and only a throw attempt does, but don't allow the buff to stack outside of holding it, as otherwise, it'd be all too good.

The hurtboxes for characters in this game are the width of a character's waists which exacerbates the range issues like that

I hope you mean in Neutral because R.Mika's passion press will beat sweeps and Cr.MK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom