• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 | The 'Verse Awakens

If Star Marine is too broken they can't show it now, I don't think they're going to be able to fix it in two hours for the proper stream.

I bet they won't even have recorded any video of it as a fallback plan either.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Is there still something coming or did they lack the basic decency to say they won't be playing Star Marine?

If it's still coming, when is that going to be?

Please chill out.

They said they'd play Star Marine during the main presentation, which starts in less than two hours.

~Cross~

Please chill out.

They said they'd play Star Marine during the main presentation, which starts in less than two hours.

They mentioned that star marine was going to be played in the pre stream and that the stream itself was going to be 3 hours long. Then they cut it short by 1.5 hours and "Welp apparently SM is going to be in the main stream"

I dont know either they are so disorganized that they would fuck up even the most simplest thing (scheduling) or SM is sort of fucked and they were scrambling to make it look presentable. Both make them look bad.

They mentioned that star marine was going to be played in the pre stream and that the stream itself was going to be 3 hours long. Then they cut it short by 1.5 hours and "Welp apparently SM is going to be in the main stream"

i was hoping they would show any changes made in Port Olisar, etc. that didn't pan out either.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Yeah, at the beginning of the preshow they said they'd play Star Marine during the preshow. Then at the end of the preshow they said they'd play Star Marine during the main presentation. Must have been a problem, I don't know. I just relayed the most recently given information.

kpzero

Neo Member
I am curious. What are the expectations for CIG for release of SQ42?

For SC PU?

For 3.0?

I am sure that everyone has a different answer. I am interested to hearing it.

Please refrain from "we are already playing SC" nonsense. I am talking about a package that resembles a proper game.

SQ42 - November 2017 with a Citcon teaser.

3.0 - Late Jan / Early Feb.

PU - It depends on the definition. They have said everything won't be there at release. It is hard to track everything said since there is so much but they have said a couple times that they might make the switch to full persistent PU when there are several star systems. A PU with most of the professions/mechanics and multiple star systems would resemble a proper game in my book. That could maybe happen late 2018. If you mean 100 star systems then I can't see that happening before 2020.

I do think we might see Episode 2 relatively quickly after SQ42 (Late 2019).

iHaunter

did you see just how broken 2.6 is? add another 4-6 months for 3.0.

2.6 - Christmas or early Jan

3.0 - June - Sept

SQ42 - December 2017

What are you on?

A lot of the tech for 2.6 is what's needed for 3.0...3.0 won't take as long as 2.6 since the main dependencies are holding 2.6 back will be there for 3.0.

In addition to, they mentioned Star Marine to be played during the early part of the Anniversary stream in about an hour.

yeah.. 2.6 isn't looking good lol

Think I've seen everything I needed to see.

Get lost.

taken from reddit. new ships/variants that were revealed during the stream. it doesn't look good to me but someone out there will buy it lol

You know what bothers me. Whenever they talk about ship weapons or dogfighting they always use FPS terminology. "Shotguns on wings" is about as stupid as it sounds.

What are you on?

A lot of the tech for 2.6 is what's needed for 3.0...3.0 won't take as long as 2.6 since the main dependencies are holding 2.6 back will be there for 3.0.

I wrote a post on the last page - even if there was nothing holding up the tech of 3.0, procedural planets, item 2.0 and new netcode ready to go tomorrow, it would be at least 8 months for them to actually progress Crusader, Microtech and Hurston landing zones from their current status to finished, based on how long it took them with ArcCorp and Nyx, and that's a very optimistic estimate (those took 18 months each).

In addition to, they mentioned Star Marine to be played during the early part of the Anniversary stream in about an hour.

And they mentioned they'd show it during the pre-stream, why do you think their words have value this time if they didn't then?

What are you on?

Think I've seen everything I needed to see.

Get lost.

2.6 looks incredibly early. they couldn't join the server, couldn't play round 2 without a reset, the paint jobs looked like shit, flight model doesn't look to be much of an improvement. it doesn't look good means exactly that. 3.0 will not release in Jan/Feb and if it does you can shove it in my face.

they had to crunch for a twitch stream with a set date known a month in advance.

iHaunter

I wrote a post on the last page - even if there was nothing holding up the tech of 3.0, procedural planets, item 2.0 and new netcode ready to go tomorrow, it would be at least 8 months for them to actually progress Crusader, Microtech and Hurston landing zones from their current status to finished, based on how long it took them with ArcCorp and Nyx, and that's a very optimistic estimate (those took 18 months each).

And they mentioned they'd show it during the pre-stream, why do you think their words have value this time if they didn't then?

A lot of that was due to manual hand crafting of the planets.

With procedural tech they can more easily build up the planet. The name of the game is "Pipeline." The more pipelines that exist, the quicker things can be built out. That includes SHIPS. Assets and pipelines are things that get created before the game even starts to be built out a lot of the time.

There's literally no reason to lie. I swear these semantics get more and more childish.

~Cross~

There's literally no reason to lie. I swear these semantics get more and more childish.

2.6 doesn't really have the tech you are talking about. The things holding 3.0 back are the netcode rework and transitioning all their assets into the new item structure. None of which in 2.6.

2.6 is an overhaul to arena, leaderboards/matchmaking, an overhaul to the flight dynamics and SM. At least thats according to their bulletpoints.

iHaunter

2.6 doesn't really have the tech you are talking about. The things holding 3.0 back are the netcode rework and transitioning all their assets into the new item structure. None of which in 2.6.

2.6 is an overhaul to arena, leaderboards/matchmaking, an overhaul to the flight dynamics and SM. At least thats according to their bulletpoints.

The netcode is part of what they need to get Star Marine to work.

A lot of that was due to manual hand crafting of the planets.

With procedural tech they can more easily build up the planet.

The landing zones I'm talking about are manually hand-crafted "hero" landing zones. They're all on planet-spanning city worlds which won't be procedural generated and fully explorable, they'll be done the same old way involving restricted airspace.

The netcode is part of what they need to get Star Marine to work.

2.6 doesn't include the netcode rework, not even in Star Marine.

You don't seem to know much about the game.

Burny

They'll only get eaten alive by the awoken portion of their backers if it turns out they can't deliver anything but reskinned ships.

Going by the way they've been acting with ship sales, it looks not unlikely that it's their existence which is at stake, if income from ship sales should halt.

iHaunter

They'll only get eaten alive by the awoken portion of their backers if it turns out they can't deliver anything but reskinned ships.

Going by the way they've been acting with ship sales, it looks not unlikely that it's their existence which is at stake, if income from ship sales should halt.

I don't agree with the ridiculous sales pushing either.

They focus far too much on sales especially with the lack of content over the passed few months.

whats this guy on right? lol

Coming from the professional shit poster.

~Cross~

2.6 doesn't include the netcode rework, not even Star Marine.

You don't seem to know much about the game.

They cant walk back 2.6 not having SM. They simply cannot. Killing it for the second time would make even the most ardent supporters make a double take.

That being said, I've never heard that 2.6 was supposed to have the improved netcode. They were always vague with describing it and its always been "at the end of the year" sort of thing but given everything being pushed back its reasonable to assume that its not going to come out yet. If 2.6 depended on it then you can kiss a release of it this year goodbye.

iHaunter

They cant walk back 2.6 not having SM. They simply cannot. Killing it for the second time would make even the most ardent supporters make a double take.

That being said, I've never heard that 2.6 was supposed to have the improved netcode. They were always vague with describing it and its always been "at the end of the year" sort of thing but given everything being pushed back its reasonable to assume that its not going to come out yet.

I remember hearing that from one of the Around the Verses.

I could be mistaken, I know that 3.0 is supposed to have the NetCode rework, but I remember something about netcode and 2.6.

iHaunter

i simply stated that 3.0 is set for a mid year release.. and you countered with false information. take a step back and calm down.

Not talking about that statement, it could be true.

Take a look at your post history in this thread. Stating that you're unbiased is a flat out lie. It's fine to be concerned, I am, but you have a dozen of blatant bash posts.

C'mon, son. By that logic, Frontier must be hanging by the hairs of their balls if they are selling LASER colors and pushing season updates back 6 months.

~Cross~

Yeah, like I thought 2.6 doesn't really have none of those core improvements needed for 3.0. 3.0 itself is supposed to have them, which was mentioned half a year ago when it used to be called 2.7

Geist-

Prowler ain't for me.

Esperia_Prowler_SHOT_02b.jpg

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
This is pretty crazy. It could easily blow up in their faces since every timeline will be scrutinized and backseated to hell and back.

The devs will have to hunker down and try to ignore that shit.

Internal timelines is a good thing - nothing made Star Citizen look more shady than the fact people were pouring money in with no deadline or estimate for when they'd see anything come out.

Now they're the same as every other Early Access or Crowdfunded game, should never have stopped.

Top Bottom