• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 | The 'Verse Awakens

~Cross~

"Guys we want to make sure that the SQ42 demo is polished enough to show to the masses"

"Look guys we are coming in hot with this 2.6 demo, straight out of the compiler and into these computers that are still downloading the 20+ GIB client"

CIG, top tier management.

i have no idea if the stream is acting up or the performance of the game is tanking.

lmao ship sale.. they cant spend 15 minutes without trying to try sell something.

on a side note if this is the newest build and its being considered a "frankenbuild" 2.6 is a lot far off than we think.

The stream is acting up, and the audio is kinda messed up, also two people immediately crashed to desktop.

Usual CIG event quality, late and all.

This is the slowest race I've ever seen.

How are you supposed to get ahead of someone? There's no speed boosts, no drifts, no slipstreaming.

Except buy a faster ship.

Oh.

"This is so much fun" say dude who looks like he's having no fun, and has been in the office for 24 hours straight sipping energy drinks.

Who the fuck crunches all night to prepare for a Twitch stream?

taken from reddit. increased prices.

Caterpillar from $245 to $295
the 890 from $600 to 900,
Idris-P from $1250 to $1500
Javelin from $2500 to $3000

Patrick S.

Banned

giphy.gif

~Cross~

This is like a 20%-30% increase on these ships which sort of lines up with their cash discount. How will the community take it if they increase the cost of a ship just to have it equalize with cash discounts?

I dont think melting affects the buy back price of a ship right? Or does it switch to the newer one?

e- Also I'm going to wait till after the real stream but I'm feeling pretty confident with saying that 2.6 wont be out till next year. They have one month to iron out these bugs and push it down through the testing pipeline. Doesn't seem plausible given what they failed to show during the preshow but maybe it'll work on the full stream.

chifanpoe

what the fuck is this shit

Concept ships going up in value as they get closer to being released, flight ready, ect. Nothing new, has been going on for a while now. The first big one was the Starfarer going from $175 to $195 then $300 at flight ready. Once some of the bigger ships like the Carrack and BMM get closer to flight/hangar ready they will go up as well.

Akronis

some people over on the defense force r/starcitizen is claiming the price hikes are in place to keep the ships as exclusive as possible during the sales. spending $3000 on a ship you cant use for god knows how long is insanity.

that's garbage reasoning lol.

So the livestream looks to be shit then? Nothing great?

How was Star Marine? At the beginning of the stream they said they were going to play it, but I didn't watch the stream until the end.

they're going to show it today. Anniversary stream is at 1 PM PST.

for anyone thinking about requesting a refund.. do it during the sales. additional funds will come in and they will use that to pay you without question.

Lando said they'd be showing Star Marine after the dogfighting and racing "as the last thing we do" several times and then they went "welp, end of stream, see you at 1pm!"

Like it's clear the build was broken as fuck and they couldn't show it, especially as they said the pre-show would be going on for 4 hours. No way they flew those Twitch streamers out there for only 30 minutes.

taken from reddit. new ships/variants that were revealed during the stream. it doesn't look good to me but someone out there will buy it lol

Sabre Comet - UEE Skin, Snow Camo, "Shotguns" on Wings
2016-11-182e1uo7.png

Gladius Valiant - Combat/Dogfighting Focus, New Skin
2016-11-18384ur8.png

Hornet F7C Wildfire - New Loadout, Dogfight Focus
2016-11-18169ut9.png

Avenger Renegade - New Skin
2016-11-18qnu5b.png

Trace

Banned
taken from reddit. new ships/variants that were revealed during the stream. it doesn't look good to me but someone out there will buy it lol

Isn't the Super Hornet already a Hornet with an emphasis on Dogfighting? Why does one ship need two variants for that?

But yea those all look like shit, no thanks.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
How was Star Marine? At the beginning of the stream they said they were going to play it, but I didn't watch the stream until the end.

They never played it. They just played Arena Commander and racing, then stopped streaming. The whole thing lasted about an hour and five minutes.

what the fuck is this shit

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5dgvge/anniversary_sale_info_expectations/

Full Disclosure for Newbies:
"Sale" in Star Citizen doesn't mean "discount", it means that ships that aren't normally available to buy are temporarily available

Ship prices generally go up over time as a means of slightly rewarding earlier backers (insert cash discount conversation here)

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14159-Future-Concept-Sale-Plans

September 19th 2014

The Lowest Price – backing earlier helps the production process the most, so it stands to reason that early backers should get the lowest price for their ships. Future Hangar-ready and flight-ready sales will increase the cost of a ship hull slightly.

I understand newcomers being surprised. Anyone following the game for years now shouldn't be surprised.

Isn't the Super Hornet already a Hornet with an emphasis on Dogfighting? Why does one ship need two variants for that?

But yea those all look like shit, no thanks.

and on top of that the weapons will most likely be altered for better or worse. if its downgraded you're stuck with a ship that looks like shit.

Burny

They never played it. They just played Arena Commander and racing, then stopped streaming. The whole thing lasted about an hour and five minutes.

Is there still something coming or did they lack the basic decency to say they won't be playing Star Marine?

If it's still coming, when is that going to be?

Top Bottom