• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 | The 'Verse Awakens

~Cross~

No but they announced that they'll be doing in-depth weekly break-downs of DIRECT progress.

http://us5.campaign-archive2.com/?u=32d8ef31243db6075c45571bd&id=b0a27d5ee1&e=4d4082e4a1

Of internal schedules. Sure it sounds good in paper, but we already know their modus operandi. If they continue to update it properly, all it will tell us is if they are behind by a few weeks.

Being open is telling us that 3.0 has no chance of release this year right now and that 2.6 needs to have a test schedule thats tighter than anything they've done so far for it to be ready this year.

zdenko1

they really know how to make great looking large ships.

did they announce any new ships?

They announced Origin 85X https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/85x/85X

85_X_city_shot.jpg

85_X_terra_shot.jpg

Being open is telling us that 3.0 has no chance of release this year right now and that 2.6 needs to have a test schedule thats tighter than anything they've done so far for it to be ready this year.

You can tell that to yourself by looking at that internal schedule, unless you want some sort of personal message by royal mail with an apology cupcake.
It's done. Shit on them and move on.

Zalusithix

The internal scheduling has 2.6 at December 8th. I'm pretty sure that counts as saying 3.0 isn't hitting this year.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...ergalactic-Aerospace-Expo-Day-One-The-Prowler

SALE SCHEDULE
Day Two – SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 19th – RSI & GLADIUS VALIANT
Day Three – SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 20th – DRAKE INTERPLANETARY & GLADIUS VALIANT
Day Four – MONDAY, NOVEMBER 21st – MISC & HORNET WILDFIRE
Day Five – TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 22nd – ANVIL AEROSPACE & HORNET WILDFIRE
Day Six – WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 23rd – ORIGIN JUMPWORKS & AVENGER TITAN RENEGADE
Day Seven – THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 24th – EXOTIC MANUFACTURERS & AVENGER TITAN RENEGADE
Day Eight – FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 25th – AEGIS DYNAMICS & SABRE COMET
Day Nine – SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 26TH – GRAND FINALE

Sales schedule

As announced during the anniversary livestream, a limited number of Idris-P and Javelin class capital ships will be available over the weekend. UEE War Bond editions will be available in four allotments to allow Citizens around the world an opportunity. Each allotment will include 200 Idris-P frigates and 50 Javelin destroyers. War Bond times are 3pm Pacific on Friday, 9pm Pacific on Friday, 3am Pacific on Saturday and 9am Pacific on Sunday. A final allotment which may be purchased with store credit will be available at 9am Pacific on Sunday.

Lol, sold out already. These are warbond versions too.

Burny

C'mon, son. By that logic, Frontier must be hanging by the hairs of their balls if they are selling LASER colors and pushing season updates back 6 months.

Thanks for explaining, mom! I see now that silly cosmetic items without any gameplay relevance whatsoever for a released game and delayed updates are indicative of the dev "hanging by the hairs of their balls". :p

Well, those are interesting at least. Can we have more of that? Of course, my inner cynic's take is slightly more sceptic: Here's our internal roadmap for our next point-update that's been supposed to be out by several months months and we give it to you, because you're our all important community. Has nothing to do with us sensing mutiny in the paying community. You don't mind if we keep less fine grained roadmap from here to the eventual Squadron 42 or PU release for ourselves. We really don't like to have to announce delays and if you never knew what the roadmap was to begin with, we will never have to announce them.

Thanks for explaining, mom! I see now that silly cosmetic items without any gameplay relevance whatsoever for a released game and delayed updates are indicative of the dev "hanging by the hairs of their balls". :p

No problem, bub. Just refrain from making hyperbolic statements based on tales from your ass. You'll be fine!

Star Marine looks good. if they're ever in need of cash they can just port over Arena Commander and Star Marine for the consoles right? and it seems that some of the cryengine prompts are out in 2.6

current laptops look more futuristic than the ones in the game lol

It looks like a very generic, boilerplate FPS with bad character movement and animations I was hoping those'd get an upgrade because it's supposed to be 30% of SQ42.

None of the cover system or movement stuff we've been hearing was supposed to be in since 2.2, no gadgets, and the lag was really bad - someone died because a player ran past him, and someone else just floated in place while someone shot him over and over to no effect. And this is on a LAN.

Also the map was overly dark and it was genuinely hard to see players half the time. If it wasn't in Star Citizen it'd have Jim Sterling mocking it.

Zalusithix

It looks like a very generic, boilerplate FPS with bad character movement and animations I was hoping those'd get an upgrade because it's supposed to be 30% of SQ42.

None of the cover system or movement stuff we've been hearing was supposed to be in since 2.2, no gadgets, and the lag was really bad - someone died because a player ran past him, and someone else just floated in place while someone shot him over and over to no effect. And this is on a LAN.

Also the map was overly dark and it was genuinely hard to see players half the time. If it wasn't in Star Citizen it'd have Jim Sterling mocking it.

Unless they were running a custom server there, they'd still be connecting out to the cloud. This isn't P2P multiplayer.

Outrun

Kobayashi Maru is not a good analogy to CIG's situation.

Meeting the deadlines that CIG previously set would result in them winning this scenario.

It is masterful how the metrics for progress have now been redefined.

I sure as hell hope that benchmarks that were marked as complete in the past, suddenly don't reappear at a later date.

An example of this could be the flight model, which, although once complete, is now being revamped.

Zalusithix

It's kind of funny. I was dead set against the Prowler because it was supposed to be a boarding ship, but now that it turned out to be more of a dropship, I'm contemplating picking it up.

Originally I was going to assign that role to the Retaliator with the dropship module. Rather, it was the only reason I picked up the Retaliator in the first place. I have no desire to fly a large bomber, but I love the looks of it, so the dropship module was the perfect solution. Now there's this thing with a large drop capacity and much more suited to tight drops/extractions. On the flip side I'd lose the cargo drop capacity. Decisions, decisions.

Edit: Decision made: Retaliator out; Prowler in.

Burny

Just refrain from making hyperbolic statements based on tales from your ass. You'll be fine!

Oh, I'll refrain from talking about what Roberts made out to be a better than CoD and tactical as Arma shooter, but the turns out to be an okay looking arena shooter with a bit of zero Z sections thrown in for good measure, that seems to mainly distinguish itself from CoD by the higher TTK but looked otherwise about just as tactical from the footage I watched.

But it's going P(T)U this year if their elaborate internal roadmap for the 2.6 update (and precious little else) is reliable, yay! Im personally most thankful about not having to suffer through the godawful headbob anymore.

What's the news about Squadron 42?

KKRT00

What's the news about Squadron 42?

Have not talked about it. We'll get a demo probably on the second stream in December. Last year it was on 16 of December.

----

Star Marine video on the site looks way better than things we saw on the stream ;p
Though performance still drops heavily, but its not finished of course.

Top Bottom