• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats for SFV for winning best fighting game of the year, while the game isn't , the game is so much fun to play and the community of the game is incredible. Can't wait for season 2 and capcom cup will be hype.

IbukiLordSA

GotY for fighters was really thin, SFV was easily the correct pick for that.

Season 3 KI was lame, if it was KI as a whole I would have voted for that.

Revelator should have been a patch, game has more paid for characters than it does added to the actual game, retarded, didn't even get it on special, the demo I got for pre-order has the content I needed.

Pokken? Lol

Y'all acting like you've never scubadived in your own ass before.

Smh
image.php

If there ever was a statement that was tag worthy, that would be it.

Siaynoqq

While I am open to the possibility that this is all in my head, something about playing this on the PS4 Pro just feels smoother to me. I've been murdering fools left and right all night. Anyone else?

Edit: In anticipation of replies -- wired connection both before and after.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Games that don't get a Pro patch like SFV should run exactly the same from what I understand. Like the console is running in a mode that's not faster than a standard PS4.

Also me, when Mago is going to do well tomorrow:

Sorry if this isn't the best place to ask but not sure where else to.

I finally picked up a PS4 a couple of months ago and i'm getting back into FGC, playing SFV & GG xrd mainly at the moment, but jt's now getting to the point where I need an arcade stick.

I used to play a hell of a lot of SFIV on the 360 and I had a TE stick which I loved, so what would you guys reccomended? I'm based in the UK if that matters.

Sorry if this isn't the best place to ask but not sure where else to.

I finally picked up a PS4 a couple of months ago and i'm getting back into FGC, playing SFV & GG xrd mainly at the moment, but jt's now getting to the point where I need an arcade stick.

I used to play a hell of a lot of SFIV on the 360 and I had a TE stick which I loved, so what would you guys reccomended? I'm based in the UK if that matters.

i have a lovely te1 for ps3 to sell you. im in london?

Devid905

1 more day, and Season 2 details still haven't been leaked yet. I'm impressed that Capcom been keeping a lid on things lately (unlike last year).

sinkfla87

1 more day, and Season 2 details still haven't been leaked yet. I'm impressed that Capcom been keeping a lid on things lately (unlike last year).

Well the good thing is we sure as hell know for sure there will be a new character announced and playable, Capcom confirmed that. The Ono troll had everybody questioning it haha.

Pompadour

Definitely. I really hope they reveal all of Season 2, even if it's just silhouettes.

We might get silhouettes but I think they only revealed the cast because they were datamined. I'd prefer we get the names at least so the band aid can be ripped off.

Who all thinks we are going to get 8 additional characters this go around?
It's certainly a real possibility. They have a greater window to release characters plus they can allocate more resources towards character development now that the core of the game's been made (regardless of how good it actually is)

Scotia

Banned
We might get silhouettes but I think they only revealed the cast because they were datamined. I'd prefer we get the names at least so the band aid can be ripped off.

I think the datamine definitely had something to do with it, but you can't really sell season passes on blind faith. I know for a fact I'm not getting the season pass without knowing everyone in it.

EDIT: By reveal I mean names/silhouettes, not actually showing the characters off

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
It depends on their plans for the game. Like, they have to think about potential physical releases and the arcade version for example. I still expect 6 characters again.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Who thinks that the season pass price will be increased accordingly if it's more than 6 characters?

On the one hand, more content is worth more money, on the other, people will fucking hate it.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Don't see anything about Akuma on there. I wouldn't expect him to come out so soon.

The wording in the Capcom Unity post implies that the first season 2 character and holiday content have the same release date, but that might be reading too much into the word choice of "date" vs. "dates."

lol SFV won the Keighley

Umm, what other fighting game has had more of an impact on the community this year than SF5?

KOF14? GG Revelator? Pokken?

Seriously...is it really that surprising? How many SF5 threads have we seen here? This is SF5 OT6, and it's still hovering around the first couple pages of Gaming. Up until the recent announcements for KOF14 and Revelator, those threads were pretty dead.

Haters spend more time talking about SF5 than playing their other fighting games.

No one should be shocked.

I don't know why. Besides the gameplay, the game was just a hot mess (Other games like Final Fantasy XV are as well).

Having a character release right after capcup would actually be really cool. It would show that they're really going to be putting in work to turn the game around.

I think it would be a mistake to have a character drop without the balance patch though.

I don't know why. Besides the gameplay, the game was just a hot mess (Other games like Final Fantasy XV are as well).
you talking about SFV? What hot mess has it been though?

The complaints were it's not enough of a game here, and Capcom has been slowly building it up. I don't know what you're referring to. Development wasn't a hot mess, launch wasn't a hot mess, it just wasn't enough content.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
What difference does it make?

It might be weird if the character came out and then got changed by a balance patch just a few weeks later or something, but presumably if they released the character first, that character would already be tuned with the patch changes in mind. Doesn't seem like a big deal in any case if it's all during the tournament off-season.

JayEH

Can't wait for the patch notes.

Balrog gets his head butt back and heavy version is fully invincible, light dash punch -2 on block, ex armor on frame 1 for dash upper, gets command grab, increase to 1100 health.

It might be weird if the character came out and then got changed by a balance patch just a few weeks later or something, but presumably if they released the character first, that character would already be tuned with the patch changes in mind. Doesn't seem like a big deal in any case if it's all during the tournament off-season.

Basically.

It wouldn't be a huge deal or anything, more weird than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom