• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait for the patch notes.

Balrog gets his head butt back and heavy version is fully invincible, light dash punch -2 on block, ex armor on frame 1 for dash upper, gets command grab, increase to 1100 health.

You're givin' me eye spasms, man.

Best I can hope for are some Alex buffs and that Mika/Urien remain relatively the same. Hopefully Capcom Japan didn't listen to all of the whiners shouting about Mika being OP after Marn random'd his way to Top 8 at NCR.

Zackat

You're givin' me eye spasms, man.

Best I can hope for are some Alex buffs and that Mika/Urien remain relatively the same. Hopefully Capcom Japan didn't listen to all of the whiners shouting about Mika being OP after Marn random'd his way to Top 8 at NCR.
She is about the most unfun character to play against in the game. Only character I groan about on the loading screen. Could just be me though I guess.

Fun to watch in tournaments though.

Skilletor

She is about the most unfun character to play against in the game. Only character I groan about on the loading screen. Could just be me though I guess.

Yeah, definitely agree. She feels like fighting a vortex character in SF4.

mbpm1

Can't wait for the patch notes.

Balrog gets his head butt back and heavy version is fully invincible, light dash punch -2 on block, ex armor on frame 1 for dash upper, gets command grab, increase to 1100 health.

My dude, headbutt wasn't even fully invincible in sf4.
Let's do it

IMO Ryu's the least-fun to play against, if only because you know that no matter what you do he always has like three get-out-of-jail-free cards on hand and his fireball game is obnoxiously good in SFV.

I don't think Guile's very fun to fight against either but that's kinda the point of his playstyle.

IMO Ryu's the least-fun to play against, if only because you know that no matter what you do he always has like three get-out-of-jail-free cards on hand and his fireball game is obnoxiously good in SFV.

I don't think Guile's very fun to fight against either but that's kinda the point of his playstyle.
Ryu FB game isn't that good...that might be the player using him well. Guile is much more of a wall.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

I like fighting an active Ryu, but the ultra-conservative, patient, reactive-only Ryus are such a drag. I can't even tell if they're actually good or I'm just stupidly aggressive but they always beat me.

Same goes for Guile. I really like fighting Guiles who try to do things, but the ones who just put up the sonic boom/anti-air wall are really effective against me and it does mental damage, too, because WHY AM I NOT ABLE TO BEAT THIS SIMPLE SHIT?

I don't have a problem with Mika like I used to because I don't have too much trouble just keeping her out with Ken but I'm not always in the mood to play that way and being that lame makes me feel just a tad guilty (which is dumb, I know). That's not to say I don't lose to Mika but the ones who are overly reliant on her corner game don't scare me much anymore.

mbpm1

I like fighting an active Ryu, but the ultra-conservative, patient, reactive-only Ryus are such a drag. I can't even tell if they're actually good or I'm just stupidly aggressive but they always beat me.

Same goes for Guile. I really like fighting Guiles who try to do things, but the ones who just put up the sonic boom/anti-air wall are really effective against me and it does mental damage, too, because WHY AM I NOT ABLE TO BEAT THIS SIMPLE SHIT?

I used to think that way, but honestly I like it now after spending so much time being able to beat people by doing dumb shit with Necalli.

When I fight those guys I actually get to use shimmies and make smarter reads and stuff before they die and it's nice.

Then again, Necalli

Numb

I'm curious to see if we'll get Akuma on the 21st as well. Hopefully they'll have the 2017 Season Pass available for purchase if that's the case.

New seasons should start directly after every CapCup
Been a long while and need new guys
Starting with the one character teased already should get the ball rolling

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I used to think that way, but honestly I like it now after spending so much time being able to beat people by doing dumb shit with Necalli.

When I fight those guys I actually get to use shimmies and make smarter reads and stuff before they die and it's nice.

Then again, Necalli
Same here, I really enjoy trying to open people up and see them crack sometimes, too. Funny how the shimmy is actually more effective at the higher level because of that.
With players that are super active it often comes down to that one correct jump/dash/uppercut or miss and you can't learn much from that.

I used to have trouble against the reactive players too, especially Ryu and Guile. I was too impatient and tried to get in since I feel like, especially against Guile, that I just don't have the means to be trading their fireball with my ryubenda so I have to force the issue.

That was until I discovered that FANG has something that E.Honda did in SF4. His neutral jump hp can move him forward if you hold down forward while doing it.

Drastically changed my outlook on the character and since then I actively tried to play more patiently and just frustrate the opponent. It's been working pretty well for me.

Biggest freaking problem though, is that the poison does like no damage so the risk/reward ratio is really fucked. I really hope poison gets some buffs :(

meerak

This is rather childish, but, I'm very happy SFV won the TGA. Not because I care about TGAs, but because it makes all the unreasonable complainers who have been harping on SFV non-stop since launch angry.

I think there's rarely been such a disconnect but the loud negative minority and the actual quality of a game.

It occurred to me recently (rant incoming)...

..that most of the complainers are just the usual fat that falls off the bone. Errr wait I dunno if that metaphor makes sense..

You know how everytime a fighting game comes out, like 70% of players drop off after 2 weeks, then another 10% after 4 weeks, then you end up with the actual player base, not counting those people who play super randomly every few months. Well, in this age of crying, SFV gave some of these people great excuses to shout about when they quit the game. The truth is arcade mode, story mode, super mode, whatever mode, the same shit always always always happens. But this time people could really point the finger at Capcom and claim that it was their fault they stopped playing.

New seasons should start directly after every CapCup
Been a long while and need new guys
Starting with the one character teased already should get the ball rolling

We just got a new character 2 months ago... How did you survive playing older FGs where characters weren't released until the newest iteration?

I'd love to have e new character but we need to see the balance patch first before they start adding characters.

We just got a new character 2 months ago... How did you survive playing older FGs where characters weren't released until the newest iteration?

I'd love to have e new character but we need to see the balance patch first before they start adding characters.
Tekken fans have gotten used to having to play the same game for years on end.

Numb

Because they didn't promise to release single characters every month

sfv-dlc-schedule.jpg
When they could even keep the promise
;_;

Because they didn't promise to release single characters every month

When they could even keep the promise
;_;

They did a pretty good job of releasing the characters and made up for their missed month by releasing 2 characters on the same day.

True. Wish we still had arcades down here in SoCal they're all closing/closed. :(

Numb

Of course they do lol. Everything seems to be planned around the CPT so that is most likely the case.

Though I would of course love to be proven wrong.

So in the new year we won't be getting a character per month if they only be adding 6 again?
damn

All but Mika players hate her. Her options in the corner favors her way to much. I much prefer fighting Rolento or even SF4 Ibuki over Mika. I like to see Capcom getting rid of increasing command throw range, increase start up on Command throw so 3-4f normals can beat it and her Irish Whip only comboable of a chop on counter hit.

So in the new year we won't be getting a character per month if they only be adding 6 again?
damn
IF they do add 6 characters only then yeah that won't be possible.

It seems likely that they'll include more than 6 characters for next year, as they'll have more time plus with the game being out, they might consider character development more of a priority.

Only have like 25-26 hours until we know for sure!!

vulva

All but Mika players hate her. Her options in the corner favors her way to much. I much prefer fighting Rolento or even SF4 Ibuki over Mika. I like to see Capcom getting rid of increasing command throw range, increase start up on Command throw so 3-4f normals can beat it and her Irish Whip only comboable of a chop on counter hit.
I still don't get your complaint about Juri doing 150 with a raw super. When does that happen?

Pompadour

IF they do add 6 characters only then yeah that won't be possible.

It seems likely that they'll include more than 6 characters for next year, as they'll have more time plus with the game being out, they might consider character development more of a priority.

Only have like 25-26 hours until we know for sure!!

We could get more than six but I figure they'll be grouped up closer together with a month or so drought right before Evo and CapCup.

mooncakes

Some Ibuki buffs I would like to see for season 2:

• (New move)EX kunai charge to reload kunais quicker or reduce recovery of normal kunai charge.
  • Change v-skill to something more useful to compliment her play-style. Ken and Guile are great example of a good v-skill. Her current v-skill is like a bootleg version of Karin and it doesn't even built meter when it negates a projectile.
  • Better throw range. It be great if I can do just 1 jab and throw.
  • Can use a normal move after her kite
  • V-trigger Bombs can be exploded by her Kunai because why not?
If I can just get 1 of these buff, I would be happy.

galvatron

Just got back into this game last night after mostly just popping in to redeem new characters since Alex came out.

Pleasantly surprised to see so many people still playing at the low ranks. I think the LP system might have worked itself out and I'm winning lots of matches despite dropped combos and having a bad habit of trying to combo standing fierce into DP with Ryu. Might need to go up in rank in the next day or so as my execution improves...

I'm expecting 2nd vtriggers, and for E. Ryu to be Ryu's 2nd vtrig.

I would love for them to have 2nd Vtriggers and other CA's for next season. Don't know how realistic that will be though :/

I also want Akuma to have 3 CAs at any given time. IF he is in the game that is.

Maybe I should just go play 3S. LOL.

Pompadour

I would love for them to have 2nd Vtriggers and other CA's for next season. Don't know how realistic that will be though :/

I also want Akuma to have 3 CAs at any given time. IF he is in the game that is.

Maybe I should just go play 3S. LOL.

I'd really like it if they continued making old supers into EX moves. Akuma's EX tatsu could be his tatsu super from 3 that Gouken stole. Air EX tatsu could look similar to his U2/2I ending super.

This is rather childish, but, I'm very happy SFV won the TGA. Not because I care about TGAs, but because it makes all the unreasonable complainers who have been harping on SFV non-stop since launch angry.

I think there's rarely been such a disconnect but the loud negative minority and the actual quality of a game.

It occurred to me recently (rant incoming)...

..that most of the complainers are just the usual fat that falls off the bone. Errr wait I dunno if that metaphor makes sense..

You know how everytime a fighting game comes out, like 70% of players drop off after 2 weeks, then another 10% after 4 weeks, then you end up with the actual player base, not counting those people who play super randomly every few months. Well, in this age of crying, SFV gave some of these people great excuses to shout about when they quit the game. The truth is arcade mode, story mode, super mode, whatever mode, the same shit always always always happens. But this time people could really point the finger at Capcom and claim that it was their fault they stopped playing.
I am of the belief that some of the worse complainers were indeed scrubby, and even their retort was "I don't care enough to put in time to learn the game" or some nonsense of "congrats on your average success at a fighting game" lol...

It's logical when you think about it. If you don't get to an adequate skill level, the amount of enjoyment you can get is diminished. Hopefully you have a small group of friends or something because the beat up on AI modes is still very limited, when it comes down to it, you have to win in SFV to get a sense of accomplishment. Not all the time, but you need to win.

ElFly

you talking about SFV? What hot mess has it been though?

The complaints were it's not enough of a game here, and Capcom has been slowly building it up. I don't know what you're referring to. Development wasn't a hot mess, launch wasn't a hot mess, it just wasn't enough content.

um

matchmaking has been pretty spotty all along and there were plenty of times where annoying errors didn't let people play online

despite all the betas the online never improved significantly until recently (and it is not that significantly)

also remember all those months when they could not launch the money store, until they finally surrendered and decided to sell stuff on Steam and PSN for money?

and all the mess that RQ was?

matchmaking and RQs are still problems, just not as _bad_ as it was months after launch

you talking about SFV? What hot mess has it been though?

The complaints were it's not enough of a game here, and Capcom has been slowly building it up. I don't know what you're referring to. Development wasn't a hot mess, launch wasn't a hot mess, it just wasn't enough content.
I'd like to live in the universe where Street Fighter V's overall functionality didn't suffer (and still does) from a myriad of issues.

I hate christmas themed stuff because they're a waste of money since they're really only useful and interesting when your wearing it during that time of the year.

Halloween stuff is fine because it's usually just spooky stuff, and imo, spooky stuff fits forever.

And I'm not paying 4 bucks for this avatar lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom