• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireSol

How to do trials as a charge characters??? I understand idea behind them, but I can`t understand how to buffer inputs, as example in Alex 2nd trial, its just beyond me ;(

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Hold back right after you jump, then do the j.hp (still holding back), st.hp and then go to forward and press mk.

How do you do the "respectful spectating" challenge?

Hold back right after you jump, then do the j.hp (still holding back), st.hp and then go to forward and press mk.

How do you do the "respectful spectating" challenge?
Underground arena stage. Wait for the bear in the background to stand in one spot. Then do a knockdown on the opponent which causes the bear to sit down.

He moves to the left, right and the middle of the spectators and I did a knockdown when he was at each of those positions and it worked for me.

I think they're the most fun to fight. If you're not playing solid with Ryu, Guile, or Ken, you're going to lose.

Necalli is dumb, though.
The only solid Ken I can think of is Momochi. Everything else I've ever seen is a mess of run cancels, stupidly good on block normals and EX tatsu. Luckily since my three month break I've fought few Kens again. Bison can eat a dick, though. Him and Chun are appearing constantly now. Makes me miss Laura, Cammy and Nash who have seemingly disappeared since I last played in December.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get how Eita got away with so many runs and dash ins. I thought we were over this, but it worked amazingly well for him. Even I try to react to that stuff but everyone was just so afraid.

Underground arena stage. Wait for the bear in the background to stand in one spot. Then do a knockdown on the opponent which causes the bear to sit down.

He moves to the left, right and the middle of the spectators and I did a knockdown when he was at each of those positions and it worked for me.
Thanks!

Skilletor

The only solid Ken I can think of is Momochi. Everything else I've ever seen is a mess of run cancels, stupidly good on block normals and EX tatsu. Luckily since my three month break I've fought few Kens again. Bison can eat a dick, though. Him and Chun are appearing constantly now. Makes me miss Laura, Cammy and Nash who have seemingly disappeared since I last played in December.

Then they should be easy to beat. /shrug

If the only solid ken you can think of is the best in the world, I don't know what to tell you. I mean, omnistalgic is a fucking great player. There are lots of players.

I don't get how Eita got away with so many runs and dash ins. I thought we were over this, but it worked amazingly well for him. Even I try to react to that stuff but everyone was just so afraid.
It works well because the high-level players simply don't expect this sort of play. The problem with Chris T is that he tries to play solid but his tendencies as a player just aren't as polished as someone like Momochi.

Eita plays straight up YOLO and does a lot of unconventional stuff which at that level you just don't see that often. And it does certainly help that he plays a character that can get away with the YOLO style.

And to his credit, he doesn't fall into that much of a predictable pattern which is easy to fall into with such a playstyle.

myco666

Sometimes I play other games for a couple days, come back and the nerves return. The only way they calm down a bit is by playing nothing but SFV for weeks/months.

Which can get pretty tiring for me tbh energy wise. (I have MS) so I know how that feels, even in Casuals lol. Choke city for me too sometimes even on people you absolutely know you can beat.

Man that must suck and yeah you definitely need to play pretty often to have less stress.

Just don't let yourself forget that your opponent is a filthy scrub. Works for me most of the time.

Honestly I should have this mentality always when playing Ranked/Casual. Most likely you will get hit with gimmicks and everyone will mash DP on block and on hit.

Anyone figured out the "Respectful Spectating" mission yet?

Already posted in this page.

Then they should be easy to beat. /shrug

If the only solid ken you can think of is the best in the world, I don't know what to tell you. I mean, omnistalgic is a fucking great player. There are lots of players.
You take things way too literally. Ken's moveset and frame data basically promotes stupid ways of playing that wouldn't work with most characters. Also, I've never played Omni.

Neoxon

Akuma incoming!

Cyw6UrzUoAAh0UB.jpg

jett

D-Member
I don't know what's up with this game but for a while I've been getting some slight slowdown during winning screens, which I didn't have before (on PC).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom