• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Mafia |OT| Memento Mori

Yep, I'm working through the thread again now. I'll be here for the duration so hit feel free to hit me up with any thoughts. Currently focusing on 11037 since I went through with Verelios in mind last night.

My head keeps going back to PK Gaming.

My reads for lynch targets and scum on day one and two were accurate from what I remember (yes Style was an easy target. Fuck it, I'm new, so any good read is a great read). And PK was on that early list. I covered why I'm leaning scum on him earlier this day.

Also, as I mentioned a few days ago (real time...I'm on mobile or I'd link to the post), don't fall asleep on FEP. Not that I think he's scum, but he's mostly escaped any scrutiny whatsoever following his early vote on Exodu5. That vote was great, but may have been an early bus based on the fact that Sorian (and others) was onto Exodu5, so his time was likely short anyway.

I get the feeling that your first sentence describes why they wouldn't try to kill either me or Vanguard tonight.

The longer I live thru the night, the scummier I look. It's only a matter of time before town kills me for them. Of course, leaving me alive also increases my odds of a successful block, especially considering the fact that I know they're unlikely to attack me or Vanguard (the two logical targets).
Keeping vanguard alive is in our best interest. I'm not sure if people realize how big it would be to have a confirmed town in lylo. It would be huge.

Hyper it's very experienced with the game, this is true. He is not some mafia god though. A few problems with treating him like one. Town is unwilling to lynch, even when he is actually harming town by using his experience to try and push garbage scenarios over likely ones like earlier today. Town is unwilling to lynch because they don't want to lose such a skilled player, even one that is basically inactive and eagerly jumped on yesterday's mislynch for no reason at all. "Any random other bandwagon besides bb? Don't mind if i do" was essentially his reasoning.

Like i tried to say yesterday. If I'm wrong about hyper, then i am wrong. My bad. We lose vanguard tonight either way probably, but a town plop has a chance to keep vanguard alive another day which is more important than seeing his flip right not when we've got other shady characters running around, including bb himself, who keeps dodging lynches with no effort from himself at all.

But if I'm right and this town is so loath to lynch him, throw in the towel now. We're already fucked.

Also, as I mentioned a few days ago (real time...I'm on mobile or I'd link to the post), don't fall asleep on FEP. Not that I think he's scum, but he's mostly escaped any scrutiny whatsoever following his early vote on Exodu5. That vote was great, but may have been an early bus based on the fact that Sorian (and others) was onto Exodu5, so his time was likely short anyway.
This god fallacy. Again and a-fucking-gain.

Last game i played with sorian (doctor) went just like this. Fucking lylo. "Hmmm, fep did launch out on a scum in the early game and manage to get a lynch. Fep did actively try to save townies even if no one listened to him and they go lynched anyway. The other guy is barely active, has a shit voting record, and has done nothing to help town. Must be a scum conspiracy, let's throw the game by lynching fep!"

The point here is two. Even good players tunnel and wifom themselves into bad decisions. And with all the possible information in the game. When there is absolutely no information in the game, it is crazy to take their word as gospel and build elaborate scum conspiracies off of mere theories from d1 players. Remember man-god Sorian's vote for d1? Our innocent child that I'm trying to keep alive?

This god fallacy. Again and a-fucking-gain.

Last game i played with sorian (doctor) went just like this. Fucking lylo. "Hmmm, fep did launch out on a scum in the early game and manage to get a lynch. Fep did actively try to save townies even if no one listened to him and they go lynched anyway. The other guy is barely active, has a shit voting record, and has done nothing to help town. Must be a scum conspiracy, let's throw the game by lynching fep!"

The point here is two. Even good players tunnel and wifom themselves into bad decisions. And with all the possible information in the game. When there is absolutely no information in the game, it is crazy to take their word as gospel and build elaborate scum conspiracies off of mere theories from d1 players. Remember man-god Sorian's vote for d1? Our innocent child that I'm trying to keep alive?

Couple things:

One, that's a hell of a forceful defense for a slight reminder to people to not fully trust anyone (other than Vanguard because he's confirmed). Mentioning Sorian isn't putting him on a pedestal. It's just a reminder that Sorian (who lots of people seemed to believe was town before he died and proved he was) was on Exodu5, which made Exodu5 a perfect bussing target.

And two, fighting to keep Vanguard alive does look good. But you know as well as anyone else that Vanguard alive, on his own, is pointless. So pushing to save him or myself while everyone around us dies doesn't exactly help town win if we aren't lynching them successfully.

But anyway, I've said repeatedly I'm 99% sure you're town (not that that'll mean anything until after I'm dead). But I'm not going to be 100% on anyone until they're confirmed.

Remember, I've used one protect on you (on night two). That says something.

FEP, assuming we let plop have another shot tonight, why Hyper now over one of the other players you're suspicious of, like BB?

Btw, I've gone through the first four days, 11037 hasn't really swung my mind in either direction, which is slightly concerning. Definitely not a player who has rocked the boat.

FEP, assuming we let plop have another shot tonight, why Hyper now over one of the other players you're suspicious of, like BB?

Btw, I've gone through the first four days, 11037 hasn't really swung my mind in either direction, which is slightly concerning. Definitely not a player who has rocked the boat.

If I live another day, they'll just go after FEP or you or someone else, and I'll just continue to look scummy as shit (supposedly).

Plop: sorian didn't vote exodu5 until about right now on d1. You're suggesting the possibility that because sorian is so well regarded and happened to put some slight suspicion on a scum, that would somehow make him a great bussing target? I'm not really worried about a lynch right now. My biggest worry is that you flip scum and then i start pulling real aggro for trying to keep you alive another night.

Matt: the thing with bb is that both plop and hyper have swung off of him the last few days. His flip still leaves this question in my mind between the two of them. I'm even starting to get this feeling that he is town and plop and hyper are our last two scum both bussing each other and looking themselves to a townie. I don't put a lot of stock in this at all, but i don't know what bb would tell us. If he is scum, i do feel there's a good chance he's got a decent role though, like the rb. I would jump on a bb lynch probably, but hyper has my hackles up and keeps raising them and i worry about town just handing the game to a scum hyper in a way we just wouldn't do with anyone else. This pedestal thing is real and just keeps coming up for hyper and sorian both.

Verelios

No, not unless WAMD,11037, me and Matt all vote Hyper now, that's not happening. Precluding that, Plop votes Hyper and then me, WAMD OR 11037 and Matt vote Hyper for majority lynch. Otherwise it's not happening.

Also, FEP you're making me more and more wary every second.

I don't think we do.

If you're here, then we I think we do? Since you can invite plop if you so choose.

VOTE: Hyperactivity

I'll try this if you guys are interested. I really think there's scum in the plop/Hyper/FEP/Verelios group, and I don't want to lynch our doctor early if there's a chance he's telling the truth. I don't suspect FEP much and I don't think there's any way a Verelios vote will gain traction.

Tell me about it tomorrow verelios and cross your fingers plop is scum since his voters are absent except 11037. We can indeed swing the vote off if we want though at this point. I've made my feelings clear. Up to y'all.

PK Gaming

BB's my #1 pick for scum but he's not going down this round so my next best pick is...

VOTE: plop

案ずるより産むが易し。

The Persona users gathered round another target. The truth seemed further and further away, and the fog grew ever thicker.
“He claimed doctor, he must be scum”
“I guess if he is telling the truth, he can just heal himself anyway”
“Guess that works”
So, grabbing the lance which had been used to impale FluxWaveZ, they stabbed Plop again and again, until he could barely stand.
“Now we just wait to see if he can heal himself
In response, Plop tried to cast mediarama, however the blood kept on coming. No matter how many healing skills he tried, he could not stop it, and soon enough, he was dead.

Several weeks later, a package was delivered to a location out of town:

*Begin audio recording*

This is a recorded letter from Dr. Plop, M.D., to be transcribed by my secretary and sent to my parents, whose address is on file. The letter begins now:

Dear Mom and Dad,

I'm sorry for the lateness of this letter. I know I told you I'd contact you as soon as I got moved in, but these first few days and nights have been stressful. This town is strange, and the people in it are even stranger.

Dark forces conspire in the light of day to drive the townsfolk mad and work through the night to end the lives of the innocent. Now, these shadows have turned their attention toward me. The town, which was once on my side, has grown convinced that I'm working with the forces of evil. Most don't believe I'm actually a doctor, and I've found it difficult to convince anyone of my innocence.

Don't worry. If I can successfully save just one townsperson, I can get the rest of the town back on my side. So far, that's been easier said than done. But I think I've got them figured out. I think I know--

*Knock on door*

Just a second...

Oh hey there. What can I do for--

Oh no. No no no! It's not me! I didn't do anything! I can help! I promise I can help--

*Muffled screams*

*37 minutes of silence*

Plop has died
Welcome to the Velvet Room.

My name is Igor, and I am delighted to make your acquaintance. This place exists between dream and reality, mind and matter... It is a place where those with a special power may home their ability.

You, my dear, are gifted with the power of a Persona of the Lovers Arcana. This means you are aligned with the your fellow Persona users in the Town

With your powers together, you have the ability to vote and remove those who would threaten your town.

But your power is unique... for you can protect yourself and others from harm, like that of a Doctor. Summon your Persona during the night, and use the command Heal: <player> to mend their wounds.

However, this power is not infallible. You may not consecutively use it on the same person.

And take heed of the Shadows that approach, for they threaten to destroy everything you hold dear. Find your fellow Persona users, protect them, and and make use of your bonds to draw back the Shadows.

My time is running short. However, dreams are a gateway to your future, and there is endless possibility stretched out before you.

'til we meet again...
Night Ends:
bla_1481922000.png

Additional flavour provided by Plop

Sophia

j75vic8f8pyk.png

Wouldn't be a GAFia season if we didn't lynch a doctor somehow. =P

Also as a friendly reminder please keep an eye on the time. Posts should not be happening after day ends. Especially not multiple posts from the same person.

Once again, you've entered the same dream...

You've been coming and going from this same dream for awhile now, but it was almost always the same. An office room draped in blue velvet. Blue computers lined up in an orderly fashion, displaying blue screens, on blue desks, with blue seats.

But now the room was starting to look disarrayed a bit. Many of the blue computers no longer looked neatly organized, but looked as if someone had smashed them into pieces. Many of the blue desks and blue chairs looked as if someone had thrown them. No longer neatly arranged, but now in pieces

In the center of the room was a special blue desk with a fancy looking chair. However, the preparator of this Velvet Room was nowhere to be found...?

Where Igor usually sat, instead the body of II-Vanguard-II lay.

Beaten and bruised.

And obviously no longer filled with life.

His eyes were closed and a smile was over his face.

Perhaps in his final moments, he was happy he had finally found friends...?

Not long after you saw his unusual sight, you could hear the voice of igor.

"In life, he found a truth.... life's ultimate goal.

In death, he found peace...

If you value your companion's sacrifice.

Then remember, what he stood for...."

In the real world, no traces of II-Vanguard-II existed anymore.

Just as quickly as he appeared, he had also vanished.

Nowhere to be found, the remaining eight Persona users gathered in the usual place to discuss his disappearance.

II-Vanguard-II has died

"Welcome to the Velvet Room.

My name is Igor, and I am delighted to make your acquaintance. This place exists between dream and reality, mind and matter... It is a place where those with a special power may home their ability.

How mysterious... You are not of this world, and yet you are slowly developing a heart. In time, you shall soon develope power of a Persona of the Moon Arcana.

Align yourself with the other Persona users of the Town. With your powers together, you will have the ability to vote and remove those who would threaten you.

You, my dear, are an Ascetic Innocent Child! Because you are neither human nor a shadow, your heart cannot be influenced so easily by them. You will be protected from all night actions except death.

If ever your intentions are in doubt, simply summon your Persona and shout the command Reveal, and your alignment shall be known to everyone. But once you summon your Persona for the first time, you will lose your Ascetic status, and all the protection that it offers.

Take heed of the Shadows that approach, for they threaten to destroy everything you hold dear. Find your fellow Persona users, allow your heart to grow, and make use of your bonds to draw back the Shadows.

My time is running short. However, dreams are a gateway to your future, and there is endless possibility stretched out before you.

'til we meet again..."

Day Ends:
bla_1482094800.png

Majority is 5

Day 6 begins

Verelios

Garbage day. Hyper, get yourself in here so we can settle accounts. WAMD, hehehe, very good, you actually ghosted on our claimed doctor.

Also, I'm unsure of FEP based on yesterday's proceedings.

Also, I'm unsure of FEP based on yesterday's proceedings.
Lol are you fucking kidding? Guys, i think exodus is scum. Guys, don't vote Septimus. Guys don't vote plop. Whatever dude. If you're looking scum at me right now you've already lost the game.

Vote: Hyperactivity

Everything I've been saying for days now.

Verelios

I'm feeling good about MA after yesterday since he was on the fence but off it enough not to go after our resident doctor. People I'm not feeling good about include:Hyper, BB, and 11037(man, you can tell why) with a heaping helping of WAMD.

As for PK...I just don't know at this point. His stance on things are so odd to me that I sometimes can't look past how weird a town PK would be if he made them yet he's been mostly innocent. Mixed feelings on him.

Vote:Hyperactivity

Happy Holidays Hyper, now what's up?

Also, I really think hyper needs a turbo to be honest. I'm so fully convinced he's scum it is painful. Hasn't contributed since day 1, and even that is questionable.

Black Buzzard, you best start convincing people you're town. You've done nothing useful the entire game and have been saved from a lynch more times than make sense.

PK, if both plop and you knew how to vote you would have caused a tie yesterday. That would be preferable than lynching our doctor, which some of us suspicious folk were trying to prevent suspiciously, but still it isn't a good look in the last minute of the game. What were you doing?

Matt and 11037 both look good for having real doubts about mislynching by means of using thoughts.

Verelios, you at least had a sensible vote out even if it was useless.

If hyper ever contributed to town even a bit, it was on day one.

Dragonz, half the game on plop. Half on buzzard. Need some thoughts on the game from you.

I suppose after you guys lynch me and see I'm an ordinary town you can trust these reads

If I had to make a guess at who is scum:

11037 stands out to me most
Matt Attack and WAMD afterwards

So why turbo again FEP?

I want to get my thoughts done for after you guys lynch me, so I'd prefer I was allowed to do that and everyone else was allowed to check in

Nah, MA casting a vote opposite of plop when he himself said that he knows plop can't be saved at the end of the day screams of scum trying to posture themselves into looking good by not beinh on the plop wagon

Btw, it's best of no one try to engage with me in conversation outside of trying to work off my points on the off chance that I am town, as otherwise there 0 way that conversation will go anywhere. I'm typing most of this down for after I get lynched

Realistically, don't really want a turbo. But I'd like to get this done. End of day was frustrating. Days are shorter now and the participation level left leaves me nervous.

As for Matt, he only switched when we had enough people to swing the vote. I have confidence in him. If plop voted properly, I do believe 11037 would have swung as well and then PK would have tied it. Matt and 11037 look gravy to me.

PK Gaming

Hoookay, we're kind of choking right now. The game ain't over yet though, so let's not jump to conclusions and "turbo" or whatever. We gotta hustle, but not hurry.

Hyperactivity and BlackBuzzard are my biggest 2 scum reads. I'm absolutely convinced that between the 2 of them, one of them is scum.

PK, if both plop and you knew how to vote you would have caused a tie yesterday. That would be preferable than lynching our doctor, which some of us suspicious folk were trying to prevent suspiciously, but still it isn't a good look in the last minute of the game. What were you doing?

I really wanted to avoid a tie and at the time, I felt he had a decent shot of being scum. Too bad that ended up being a wash... Anyway, I won't mess it up again.

Top Bottom