• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Mafia |OT| Memento Mori

OH, and crazy. We had non-town on PK, just as expected. Except not scum, meaning scum should have had someone there. Not a good look, plop. But also a dumb kill for scum if plop is on the team. As i said earlier, want to give you another day.

Hyper, rather than passive aggressive, why don't you explain again why you shouldn't be lynched despite raising hackles all around and never having a vote on scum the whole game except in your super townie d1 effort to pull votes onto townie m achina.

Sorry, could to explain the bolded? I'm not getting your meaning.

Town roles so far:

Innocent child
Tracker
Gossip
Weak cop
4 ordinaries

Neutral
Neutral role

Scum
Ninja
Goon

We have 10 players left. Assuming 2 remaining scum, 1 kill per night, the worst case scenario is

8 town, 2 scum
6 town, 2 scum
4 town, 2 scum (option to no lynch on this day)
3 town, 2 scum

9 players.
7/2
5/2 lylo

Btw

Sorry, could to explain the bolded? I'm not getting your meaning.

I voted you d3 because i believed there was scum on pk. Natiko is now revealed as neutral on pk, confirming the doubt the pk lynch was town oriented. But natiko was not coordinating meaning you are the only candidate left for the scum team keeping a third candidate in okay for d1 lynching

Verelios

Wait, wait, wait, are you calling the Septimus tangent you started suspicious Hyper? What the fuck, did you have no scruples about it at all? Then you put him up to hang just to save BB? Nah...hell nah, that is something else.

I don't like how BB got saved two days in a row. Either Hyper is on some next level bullshit or that's scummy as hell vote fixing. BB, bro, you can role claim or not, if you do, good, if you don't, well, that's tough shit for us. I can't with these circumstances.

3) plop took the opportunity to bandwagon on two really suspicious votes, 2 days in a row.

Only scum need to lie to get someone lynched.

I didn't bandwagon exmachina. I was the first to vote for him (which was obviously a mistake).

starsketch (0)
exmachina64 1357 (1713)

plop (1)
flatearthpandas 1416

franconp (1)
franconp 1437 (1441)
zippedpinhead 1624

ii-vanguard-ii (0)
natiko 1509 (1676)
plop 1646 (1661)
wherearemahdragonz 1652 (1709)

zippedpinhead (2)
matt attack 1550
11037 1637
plop 1661 (1717)

blackbuzzard (3)
wherearemahdragonz 1709
ii-vanguard-ii 1712
exmachina64 1713 (1732)
starsketch 1714 (1719)
natiko 1715

exmachina64 (3)
plop 1717
starsketch 1730
exmachina64 1732

And the second "suspicious" vote I "bandwagoned"? You jumped on the wagon right after me:

End of Day 4 Vote Count

starsketch (0)
flatearthpandas 1776 (1898)
starsketch 1787 (2008)
natiko 1801 (1814)

plop (1)
wherearemahdragonz 1811
hyperactivity 1918 (2033)
plop 1967 (1975)

blackbuzzard (2)
natiko 1814 (2091)
plop 1870 (1967)
ii-vanguard-ii 2000
verelios 2003 (2038)
starsketch 2008 (2034)
pk gaming 2016

hyperactivity (2)
11037 1848
flatearthpandas 1898 (2085)
flatearthpandas 2085

septimus prime (5)
matt attack 2031
starsketch 2034
blackbuzzard 2035
plop 2040
hyperactivity 2047

And as explained just after my Septimus vote, the post that contained that vote was so long, it made me look like I was bandwagoning. I started writing it out before anyone had placed a vote on him. Again, it wasn't a good vote. But hardly me jumping on a bandwagon.

You on the other hand...and now lying to try and build your flimsy case.

Also, fucking lol at this.
Get your shit together, scum team. Or don't.

Seriously.

In summary, we have a few key ideas that pop up multiple times throughout day 1.

1) Both plop and TheExodu5 distracted/diverted from Style to other players. When the topic of style was brought up, they would pivot it to discussing someone else

2) Both players pulled this whole schtick with Style:

Hyper does seem to focus on the numbers and game stats side of things and honestly that all is a bit over my head (like how the game is generated and %s) I don't think that it is necessary a tell in of itself but it does stand out and someone I want to continue to watch. Gut feeling is leaning scum but I really need to hear from him more.

This is giving me bad vibes. Especially that last line which reminds me of what my scum mates would say about me and each other. It's a good way of looking like you're suspicious of someone, but also giving yourself an excuse for not voting.

They discuss Style, maybe make a remark about him doing something odd, but they're not sure, and then would end with a slight scum read at worst.

3) They find very similar targets, both going after BlackBuzzard and PK Gaming at similar times.

Look, there are ALWAYS inactives in mafia. And they often make good day 1 lynch targets, or good "we don't know who to vote for" lynch targets. And oftentimes, nothing substantial distinguishes these inactives, but because one is getting discussed more or attacked more, they're fresher on everybody's minds, and that one is the one that gets lynched.

So it's important to pay attention to WHICH inactives scum choose to go after. Scum don't want the inactive scum to get lynched, when that inactive scum could just as well be an inactive town. Both plop and TheExodu5 echo each other's points on BlackBuzzard, and at multiple points throughout day 1 TheExodu5 brings up BlackBuzzard as his go to example of an inactive

Later in the day, after PK Gaming just starts posting and votes Style, both TheExodu5 and plop call him out for a bandwagon vote, saying that at this point voting for Style is useless, and change the conversation from why PK thinks style is scum to how PK's vote on style is suspicious (AKA: changing the topic away from Style)

Early on, plop also echoes one of TheExodu5's points in going after exmachina64

4) The TIMING of plop's interactions:

one important thing to note is that alot of these interactions happened early into day 1. If you look at plop's posts throughout day 1, his early posts give off much more of this newbie vibe, compared to later in day 1 and then during day 2, when he seems more settled. A less comfortable new scum player could be expected to follow the lead on a veteran scum player more (I know that I've had that happen to me in the past).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to specifically cite my references now, so you can go through and look for yourself:

TheExodu5 - post 260
Plop - post 317
TheExodu5 - post 343
TheExodu5 - post 359
Plop - post 369, 370
TheExodu5 - post 371
Plop - post 382
Plop - post 439

Throughout all of these posts, you see plop parroting TheExodu5.

Post 260 - TheExodu5 votes for BlackBuzzard as the inactive to go for.
Post 317 -
So at the moment, I'm leaning toward BlackBuzzard. Him encouraging Rynam to be more active in the game (post 257) while saying almost nothing himself to that point is extremely sketchy.

Also eyeing exmachina64. His quick vote/unvote of Sorian seemed, I don't know, jittery I guess. Combined with the forceful rebuke of Vanguard at post 251, and I'm somewhat suspicious. Oh, and post 284, where Exodu5 noticed exmachia64 possibly trying to plant vanilla townie seeds.

I wasn't on the Style bandwagon until post 294, where he backpeddled like a pro cyclist on his "ass kissing" (as he put it) of Sorian. Reads almost like someone who got chastised by their fellow scum for being too obvious and is now trying to do damage control. However, the possibility exists that he's new and was just glomming on to whoever appeared to be the alpha dog (as I did). I'm not leaning heavily toward Style, but that post gave me pause. His sudden vote against Sorian (the ass he was kissing earlier--his words, not mine) in the very next post gave me even more pause.

Beyond that, I have to wonder about the other (mostly) silent ones, namely Kerned, Matt Attack, and 11037.

Also, did StarSketch ever try to explain the odd pre-game behavior? Or did she just figure that since the conversation about that fizzled out and suspicion seems to be off her, she'll just tiptoe away from it and hope we don't notice?

plop says that he is leaning towards BlackBuzzard (he had earlier specifically acknowledged TheExodu5's post against him, at post 261, and was the only other person discussing BlackBuzzard at that point iirc). He's suspicious of exmachina64 (and specifically mention one of TheExodu5's posts here), and does the whole non-commital read of Style here.

Post 343 - TheExodu5 brings up BlackBuzzard as the main example of those inactives that bother him

Post 359 - TheExodu5 takes issue with PK Gaming's vote on Style, calling it the "easy" vote (changing the topic!), and calling PK Gaming suspicious and banwagonny

Post 369,370 - plop directly quotes TheExodu5, agrees with him about PK Gaming.. In post 382, he clarifies his specific issue with PK, and while doing so again distracts from Style

Not gone, just not active. Maybe nothing. Maybe avoiding the spotlight.

That sudden vote just screamed "Hey guys, not me! Remember Style? He's the one you want! I vote Style!"

He votes for PK Gaming in post 432.

Worth noting, vote count does not accurately describe last night's events. Hyper and verelios both had misspelled votes discarded. Hyper jumped on septimus immediately. Verelios was on the vote technically as well.

Dude, hyper, you're tunneling like a motherfucker and ignoring the fact that plop did exactly as he should have done last night, can still save us a nk tonight, and is offline for lynching tomorrow. Really, imo, he's not a candidate for today. Time to go on defense or switch your offense, imo. I'm not voting him today and you still look scummy af.

Only scum need to lie to get someone lynched.
I didn't bandwagon exmachina. I was the first to vote for him (which was obviously a mistake).

And the second "suspicious" vote I "bandwagoned"? You jumped on the wagon right after me

And as explained just after my Septimus vote, the post that contained that vote was so long, it made me look like I was bandwagoning. I started writing it out before anyone had placed a vote on him. Again, it wasn't a good vote. But hardly me jumping on a bandwagon.

You on the other hand...and now lying to try and build your flimsy case.

Seriously.

You led the charge against exmachina. I said as much

Day 3 ended with plop leading the last minute vote and charge against exmachina64, a near confirmed town after day 1

Day 4 ended with plop jumping on the Septimius Prime bandwagon, with little discussion on his part about it (although that could be said of Sketch, BB, and Verelios too).

And yes, I voted for Septimus right BEFORE you (pardon me for mispelling and then correcting my vote, but I was the 2nd vote on that lynch)

If that's seriously gonna be the counterwagon...

Also, 11037 and FEP are still voting for me... FEP just wanted me to be more active too

VOTE: Septimius Prime

I also clearly outlined why I was voting for him a post before

Star is still an issue that will come up every day without fail, and I keep getting conflicting feeling on her alignment.

The other big question mark for me is Septimius Prime.

Everyone else, 11037, WAMD, BB, Matt Attack, etc. all have given enough to give me a decent impression that I feel confident about my reads about them.

If we're seriously against lynching plop today, then I'll vote for one of those two

whereas you just gave us this

Good point.

Vote: Septimus Prime

Sorry man. Your predecessor was pretty shady.

Of course, the exmachina64 and Septimus Prime votes are hardly enough to start a case against you, but they're enough to draw suspicion in the same general category/type of vote, and still add to a huge list of reasons why you are scum

Panda, let me just put this down so you don't think I'm ignoring you:

1) I'll get to why I'm town, let me make sure I covered the biggest reasons why I think plop is scum.

2) We ARE lynching plop today.

3) I'm really not sure how plop acted properly last night whatsoever.

If he had healed StarSketch, here are the possibilities:

A. They are both town, neither is killed. Tomorrow sketch confirms that plop visited her, plop knows she isn't lying, and we know from stealth kill ability that any tracker is town

B. They are both town, Sketch is attacked and saved.
C. They are both town, plop is attacked and killed. Doesn't get us much, but we at least know what happened the previous night.

D. Sketch is scum, neither is killed. Plop can catch her lying out of her ass the next day.

E. Sketch is scum, plop is killed. Sketch doesn't get through the day whatsoever.
F. Both are scum, they collude with one another, and in a few days we realize it after they are living for far too long and get the last two scum in one go.
G. plop is scum, Sketch is town, Sketch isn't killed. Sketch lets us know that plop didn't visit her/visited the person that died, etc. Only doesn't work if scum have some sort of non-alerting, non-roleblocking, non-lethal night action that hasn't come up so far.

H. plop is scum, sketch is town, sketch dies. Plop obviously isn't doctor

Wait, wait, wait, are you calling the Septimus tangent you started suspicious Hyper? What the fuck, did you have no scruples about it at all? Then you put him up to hang just to save BB? Nah...hell nah, that is something else.

I don't like how BB got saved two days in a row. Either Hyper is on some next level bullshit or that's scummy as hell vote fixing. BB, bro, you can role claim or not, if you do, good, if you don't, well, that's tough shit for us. I can't with these circumstances.

Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg

Are you seriously going to ignore everything else and focus on the most insignificant point there?

Yeah, I have 0 scruples about it. You guys were entirely unwilling to vote for either of the players I thought were scum, entirely willing to vote for a player I thought was town. Matt Attack and I were the only ones who gave our reasons, and decent reasons at that, for voting for Septimus. Sketch later said she agreed with me on why BB would be town.

I have scruples about the way, out of nowhere, 3 other players (Plop, Verelios, and BlackBuzzard) jumped on that vote, with nothing to say for themselves about it.

As for bolded:

How did I vote fix on day 3? I was gone all of day 3.

And as for why I think BlackBuzzard is scum:
I've said it 1000x, go back to Day 1, and look at all of TheExodu5. TheExodu5 was clearly prepping BlackBuzzard as the inactive he would try to lynch if day 1 came down to lynching an inactive.

We know for a fact that TheExodu5 had at least one low contribution player on his team (Style). Making sure that he could simultaneously be doing something useful in calling out inactives while making sure that the inactive being brought up wouldn't be his scummate would very much be to his benefit.

If you look at TheExodu5's last read list, the inactives he brings up as slightly scummy are WAMD and BlackBuzzard. Compare that to his null read of Zippedpinhead. Is there any real reason for it, or does it just not matter so long as the scummier inactive players aren't his teammates?

Panda, let me just put this down so you don't think I'm ignoring you:

1) I'll get to why I'm town, let me make sure I covered the biggest reasons why I think plop is scum.

2) We ARE lynching plop today.

3) I'm really not sure how plop acted properly last night whatsoever.

If he had healed StarSketch, here are the possibilities:

A. They are both town, neither is killed. Tomorrow sketch confirms that plop visited her, plop knows she isn't lying, and we know from stealth kill ability that any tracker is town

B. They are both town, Sketch is attacked and saved.
C. They are both town, plop is attacked and killed. Doesn't get us much, but we at least know what happened the previous night.

D. Sketch is scum, neither is killed. Plop can catch her lying out of her ass the next day.

E. Sketch is scum, plop is killed. Sketch doesn't get through the day whatsoever.
F. Both are scum, they collude with one another, and in a few days we realize it after they are living for far too long and get the last two scum in one go.
G. plop is scum, Sketch is town, Sketch isn't killed. Sketch lets us know that plop didn't visit her/visited the person that died, etc. Only doesn't work if scum have some sort of non-alerting, non-roleblocking, non-lethal night action that hasn't come up so far.

H. plop is scum, sketch is town, sketch dies. Plop obviously isn't doctor

I had no reason to believe Star was town (and let's not pretend I'm alone in this since almost nobody believed her), and even less reason to believe she would be targeted (as scum has been ignoring known townies like Vanguard and PR townies like me. The fact that I'm alive is a testament to their unpredictablity).

It's super easy after the fact to point the finger and tell me who I should have healed, but at the time, there was only one target who made sense to me that I was actually able to protect, and that's what I did. Fuck me for not being a mind reader.

Truth be told, I considered healing Star for a hot minute. But besides the fact that I was 80% sure she was scum, I figured even if she was town, there's no way they'd pick now to go after her because it's too obvious a tactic.

Think about it: They likely left her alive for the very reason I and many others have been saying. They wanted us to kill her for them while they picked off other targets. Now they kill her because they want everyone else to kill me while they pick off other targets. I figured there was no way she was town, but even if she was, there would be no way they'd expect any of us to be dumb enough to fall for the same trick.

I-Z our innocent child gets nk'd. Town plop should only have been on himself or vanguard since all he had is wifom. I wanted either plop or star's flip. Preferably star's because she was scummy as hell even by your own reads and lying to totem as far as I'm concerned. So I'm happy.

Here's the thing. From here:

We lynch plop. He is doctor. We lynched our doc and out innocent child gets nk'd. Sweet.

We lynch plop. He is a scum. Actually sweet.

We don't lynch plop. He is scum. Vanguard is nk'd and we lynch scum tomorrow.

We don't lynch plop. He if doctor. We have a 50% chance of bringing a confirmed doc and innocent child into the next day.

Doubling back to star though. I think it is way more likely that we have a scum role block and she was hit while they nk'd fran who probably had a target from his interactions with flux. Natiko was basically just writing shit for the items, thanks again town for not sharing the other stuff--seriously, let's make with the information, so i find it extremely unlikely there if a framer. As i said, a framer is a huge fuck you to a weak cop anyway so it was always kind of doubtful.

So, uh, FEP

You should also consider the possibility that Natiko sent stuff to townies as they died.

Between dead townies, and scum who obviously wouldn't talk about it, I wouldn't jump to conclusions about "fuck this shitty ass town"

So, uh, FEP

You should also consider the possibility that Natiko sent stuff to townies as they died.

Between dead townies, and scum who obviously wouldn't talk about it, I wouldn't jump to conclusions about "fuck this shitty ass town"

Between dead townies and scum, that's still a hell of a batting average. I find it hard to believe someone isn't hiding something.

Also NO

I seriously am not willing to let this be delayed one more time. You're dragging this on longer than it should be.

Who is to say the following doesn't happen:

5) We don't lynch plop. He is scum. Vanguard isn't nk'ed. plop gets to live on via town being convinced by faulty logic

I'm not dragging this on any longer.

Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg

Are you seriously going to ignore everything else and focus on the most insignificant point there?

Yeah, I have 0 scruples about it. You guys were entirely unwilling to vote for either of the players I thought were scum, entirely willing to vote for a player I thought was town. Matt Attack and I were the only ones who gave our reasons, and decent reasons at that, for voting for Septimus. Sketch later said she agreed with me on why BB would be town.

I have scruples about the way, out of nowhere, 3 other players (Plop, Verelios, and BlackBuzzard) jumped on that vote, with nothing to say for themselves about it.

As for bolded:

How did I vote fix on day 3? I was gone all of day 3.

And as for why I think BlackBuzzard is scum:
I've said it 1000x, go back to Day 1, and look at all of TheExodu5. TheExodu5 was clearly prepping BlackBuzzard as the inactive he would try to lynch if day 1 came down to lynching an inactive.

We know for a fact that TheExodu5 had at least one low contribution player on his team (Style). Making sure that he could simultaneously be doing something useful in calling out inactives while making sure that the inactive being brought up wouldn't be his scummate would very much be to his benefit.

If you look at TheExodu5's last read list, the inactives he brings up as slightly scummy are WAMD and BlackBuzzard. Compare that to his null read of Zippedpinhead. Is there any real reason for it, or does it just not matter so long as the scummier inactive players aren't his teammates?

Just a quick aside:

You jump on others for voting "with nothing to say for themselves." Meanwhile, your lynch-mate against me yesterday, WAMD has been eerily silent for days, pops up only when talked about, and gave no explanation for her vote against me other than my exmachina vote was bad.

But she catches almost no attention from you.

It's not just the dishonesty, but the inconsistency in your votes (and your reasoning) that has me thinking you're scum.

Also NO

I seriously am not willing to let this be delayed one more time. You're dragging this on longer than it should be.

Who is to say the following doesn't happen:

5) We don't lynch plop. He is scum. Vanguard isn't nk'ed. plop gets to live on via town being convinced by faulty logic

I'm not dragging this on any longer.

If I survive the night, I'd be lynched tomorrow.

Also, I wouldn't protect Vanguard. They aren't picking obvious targets, so why should I?

So, uh, FEP

If scum want to delay end game a day to keep plop alive then I'll take it lol. Plop is not realistically hitting endgame regardless of his alignment, let's be real.

And as plop said, natiko only targeting scum and nk targets is still extremely unlikely. I think we have at least one silent town with an item

Just a quick aside:

You jump on others for voting "with nothing to say for themselves." Meanwhile, your lynch-mate against me yesterday, WAMD has been eerily silent for days, pops up only when talked about, and gave no explanation for her vote against me other than my exmachina vote was bad.

But she catches almost no attention from you.

It's not just the dishonesty, but the inconsistency in your votes (and your reasoning) that has me thinking you're scum.

You might have been able to actually build a case against me had I not covered by bases so well.

FEP- safely town
Natiko- leaving town on after a period where I was unsure about earlier town read

Matt Attack - has stepped it up, generally posts in very dense posts, but that actually makes me less comfortable with giving him a town read without parsing through them well. For now slight town???

Il-vanguard-il - makes me feel uneasy. I'm wary of this just being because others have repeatedly brought him to as a suspect, but I'm pretty sure I'm also operating on my memory of his posts right now. Lean scum

WAMD- generally a very direct, only posting when they want style. Gut reading as town.

Verelios - town read for earlier reason of not acting to save scum

11037 - makes me feel uneasy off tone of posts, slight scum read

Zippy- complete null right now

Plop- his day 3 incarnation and even 2 to a certain extent feel scummy, but his early day 1 had led me to a solid town read. If I think about it right now, I'm not sure if those early posts couldn't also be from a scum player, but I'm worried about it being recency bias. Scum read, light one though

Star sketch is 95% scum
ALRIGHTY THEN:

Update: I feel safer about 11037, more confident about my town read on WAMD, still unsure about starsketch, and feel pretty safe in saying that BlackBuzzard is town.

As for post 908, well, that's his [TheExodu5's] reads list

This probably would be an agreed upon list of the relatively inactive or low word count players day 1. Watch how TheExodu5 describes each of them. Zipped is a null, Style is a null, but BlackBuzzard, WAMD, and starsketch are all slight scum. Now, for the other two, I don't think TheExodu5 posted as much about them, but it's clear that if the scum team looks at this list of players and decides there's a decent argument to be made for all of their lynches based on inactivity, they might as well try and go for the inactive players they know are town

WAMD is generally quiet yes, but at least I can remember her, her positions, she gives makes me think she's town, etc. I HAVE commented on her, and she's one of my town reads

NEXT

FEP,

At day's end yesterday, you rushed in and pushed for a lynch of Hyper. But you were rushed and say now that you were drunk.

Care to elaborate on your readings now that you have time and are (presumably) sober?

If I survive the night, I'd be lynched tomorrow.

Also, I wouldn't protect Vanguard. They aren't picking obvious targets, so why should I?

Lol, protect vanguard

The wifom you have on offer tonight is whether you are saving vanguard or yourself. If they want to kill other unclaimed in the meanwhile, have at them. Getting vanguard to endgame is priority number one. We can't do it, but we can do our best.

You might have been able to actually build a case against me had I not covered by bases so well.

WAMD is generally quiet yes, but at least I can remember her, her positions, she gives makes me think she's town, etc. I HAVE commented on her, and she's one of my town reads

NEXT

Yeah, you've commented on her twice. She's a town read based mostly on a gut read.

Fantastic. I'm convinced.

Oh wait you were talking about WAMD not justifying her vote.

See, I actually go back and find the evidence for my claims. You're just making shit up

Vote: plop

Reasons coming soon I'm eating dinner
Plop.

Why did you keep your vote on exmachina, who was so clearly town? If you explained it before I apologize but I didn't see it and I would like to know.

Can you answer my question please? I saw Natiko's explanation but I would like to hear it straight from the source.

Hi. When I made the vote I was mostly hoping for a response from you, but I didn't get one until recently. The vote is indeed based on the exmachina lynch and your behavior as of late. There's something off about it. It feels complacent and like you're telling us what we want to hear to cover your tracks.

Also I don't really understand the reasons you gave me,as I don't think they make much sense, so I am comfortable for voting for you right now.

Plop's recent posts have made me even more confident in my vote. His claim is way too convienent.

I am sorry if you are town, Plop, but I doubt it.

It took me 2-3 minutes to find this

Oh wait you were talking about WAMD not justifying her vote.

See, I actually go back and find the evidence for my claims. You're just making shit up

It took me 2-3 minutes to find this

And it's pretty much what I said. It's based on my exmachina votes. Oh and my behavior feels "off."

You consider that a good enough reason for her vote. Meanwhile you shit on my vote against Septimus for not being detailed enough, despite my explanation that it was based on his predecessor, whose actions I've discussed in the past? Excellent.

But continue to try and shift focus. It's very interesting.

BTW, at this point in the game, I'd reccomend you guys start making your read lists the way I do in this post (by pairing players together)

Honestly, my main concern at this point is finding the 4th scum

Scum team currently:

TheExodu5 + Style + plop + ???

Remaining players-
BlackBuzzard
Il-Vanguard-Il
flatearthpandas
WhereAreMahDragonz
Matt Attack
PK Gaming
Hyperactivity
Verelios

Il-Vanguard-Il can't be scum.
BlackBuzzard + TheExodu5 is impossible, so he can't be scum.
PK Gaming + TheExodu5 and PK Gaming + plop is impossible, so he can't be scum
Verelios + TheExodu5 is highly unlikely, probably town

I know I'm town, so I can eliminate myself pretty safely in that way.

That leaves 11037, flatearthpandas, WhereAreMahDragonz, and Matt Attack as the players I could see being the 4th scum (not saying you guys are scum, just saying that I need to look at these guys more in comparison to the scum I know about)

And it's pretty much what I said. It's based on my exmachina votes. Oh and my behavior feels "off."

You consider that a good enough reason for her vote. Meanwhile you shit on my vote against Septimus for not being detailed enough, despite my explanation that it was based on his predecessor, whose actions I've discussed in the past? Excellent.

But continue to try and shift focus. It's very interesting.

Alright, I'm not letting you speak out of your ass anymore. Let's quote the whole damn proceedings right now

Perhaps that's true. Then what are our other alternatives for today? Plop has already claimed doctor, no one else is coming up with anything to disprove it, so before the night's done I'm not going to chance it. Who else is a lynch target today, that everyone can agree on?

So if you're sure we're about to lynch town, make a case for a better target. We vote in an hour and change.

What about Septimus? I don't think Zipped's play inspired much confidence with many of us, and Septimus himself hasn't given us much more than "I'm town". Maybe he's not sure how to clean up the mess his former scum self made? It's just speculation, but I did not feel good about Zipped and Septimus has not given me any reason at all to change my mind.

Star or Septimus? Seeing as we almost had Zippedpinhead last time...

VOTE: Septimus Prime

I actually am going to vote for him regardless. I think Buzzard is town and I am in agreeance that we shouldn't take a chance on plop just yet.

Star is still an issue that will come up every day without fail, and I keep getting conflicting feeling on her alignment.

The other big question mark for me is Septimius Prime.

Everyone else, 11037, WAMD, BB, Matt Attack, etc. all have given enough to give me a decent impression that I feel confident about my reads about them.

If we're seriously against lynching plop today, then I'll vote for one of those two

Also, 11037 and FEP are still voting for me... FEP just wanted me to be more active too

Vote: sEptimus Prime

Dunno what I'll be doing over the next hour, will try to keep up with the thread.

vote:Septimus Prime

I think this is between BB and Septimus. Hyper will be lynched if he doesn't get night killed soon. Star will likely be lynched once her power is done with unless she produces results. Plop is going to have a chance to either prove himself or bury himself with his actions going forward since he could be caught in a lie. BlackBuzzard and Septimus will keep coming up because they never do anything good. Can anyone name a positive impact either has had at any point? Past today though we will have much better people to lynch due to their supposed abilities being done or because they keep avoiding night kills. We won't have many chances to lynch these people coasting past this.

Okay...okay, I'm not feeling that good about Septimus either when he's not here at day end. I wanted to give him a pass as he just came into the game but with Zipped being a point of contention I'm not particularly against this.

Unvote

Boy do all those votes look sketchy lol What a group all rolling in.

Good point.

Vote: Septimus Prime

Sorry man. Your predecessor was pretty shady.

And before anyone shits on me for changing my bone or saying I look scummy for every single thing I do, I'm doing this now because I'm sitting inside an ambulance in a fairly large city and can't predict when the next call will come in. I don't want my vote to sit on BB at the moment.

I don't completely trust Hyper's read of BB because I don't completely trust Hyper, but at least he's doing the leg work to try and connect me to scum. The results of his digging are laughable (and I'm not saying that as an insult to Hyper. I'm saying that because I have the insight of knowing I'm not lying. From his end, I'm sure everything looks like it fits together just perfectly). But at least it's something.

That's more than WAMD (the other person holding a vote on me) has done. No offense to her personally, but voting for me solely because of my shitting the bed on exmachina64 seems silly (but again, that's coming from my end where I know it was me just being a dipshit and not because of anything malicious).

I'll be here till the day ends if I can, but if not, I'll have my vote in where it should have gone at the close of the last day.

Vote:SeptimusPrime

Might as well come in and role claim/leave info on anything you think or felt during your time.

So I write out that giant thing thinking I'll be among the first to vote for Septimus, and by the time I post it, I'm among the last and look like I'm bandwagoning...

I can't win.

Yeah, it threw me off too

Sketch flipping is confusing, Sketch, is there a reason you voted for Septimius AND BB?

VOTE: Septimus Prime

Really would rather go for plop or sketch right now...

I still feel like going with Septimus but that did end up being much faster train than I'd expected. I suppose I should expect as much though from the end of the day phase lol.

Admittedly they haven't targeted her yet as far as we can tell, and she has a better chance of getting her action done if she isn't lynched than if she is.

Here are my thoughts. Let me know if I'm out of line.

As a townie, I want to help the town. If that means giving myself up, so be it. Does killing Septimus prime teach us anything? Does killing me teach us anything? Does killing star teach us anything?

Whoever's death benefits town the most is the one who needs to die, even if it's me. I know it's easy for me to say that because I cleaned up our role and I know I'm likely to not be lynched today. But I'm absolutely serious. If killing me gives us a lot of information, kill me. If not, we need to kill whoever is going to teach us the most by dying.

I wanna check Plop this night phase so he's out. If I don't vote for anyone you guys are just gonna flip on me again. Also I agree with Hyper's observation on BB, now that I've seen it.

If Septimus is town, we may get a bit to work with, based off of people's reads on Zipped and people who have voted for the two of them. They themselves have not said too much, unfortunately. You and Star have been bigger parts of the discussions, so your deaths would probably teach us more than Septimus... but if you guys are truthful about your power roles, a successful usage of your powers could make a huge difference. Currently I'm more interested in lynching somebody I think is scum than fishing for info from claimed PRs. Once Sept is dead? He's my strongest scum read, then we can talk. Just my two cents.

You're voting for Septimus based on their inactivity. Please tell me why we should then ignore yours just because you gave a reason? You can have a perfectly valid reason and still use it to your benefit if you're scum.

That's not why

Um doing it because you won't lunch my scum reads and. Because he's a complete null

As I recall, your read on zippedpinhead was so significant you decide to jump on exmachina64 for the smallest reason ever.

Sketch, Matt Attack, and I gave the bare minimum for our votes.

And here's the big difference between WAMD and the others, and why your comparison doesn't work: people didn't start jumping on the vote on you out of nowhere. You're trying to equate how 5+ players jumped onto the Septimus Prime vote at the end of the day to WAMD being the sole vote on you at the end of the day, having voted for you at the beginning of the day

Alright, I'm not letting you speak out of your ass anymore. Let's quote the whole damn proceedings right now

As I recall, your read on zippedpinhead was so significant you decide to jump on exmachina64 for the smallest reason ever.

Sketch, Matt Attack, and I gave the bare minimum for our votes.

And here's the big difference between WAMD and the others, and why your comparison doesn't work: people didn't start jumping on the vote on you out of nowhere. You're trying to equate how 5+ players jumped onto the Septimus Prime vote at the end of the day to WAMD being the sole vote on you at the end of the day, having voted for you at the beginning of the day

I've explained the exmachina issue a few times. I fucked up. Should I repeat that again? I fucked up.

Hey guys, seriously. I fucked up.

Hindsight is fantastic, isn't it? It's why I'm also a shit doctor, because obviously I should've protected Sorian and Flux and fran and Star. It's so obvious now that I look at it from the future. But at the time, what I did, who I spoke to, who I voted for, who I protected made sense. Because I'm not operating with as much information as scum. I don't know what they know. I don't know who they are. I don't know who they're going to kill. I don't know who they're setting up. I don't know who they're protecting with their posts. I'm just trying to pick gold nugget clues from mountains of shit, just like everyone else. But I can't do that when you're sitting there hurling the shit at me.

And my comparison absolutely works. You're shitting on me for my Septimus vote not being detailed enough when it was exactly as detailed as WAMD's vote against me. She's here just enough to not get booted, adds almost nothing to most discussions, yet somehow she's "a top town read" based on your gut.

Meanwhile me, who called Exodu5 as my second-highest scum read on Day One and was quick to jump on Style on Day Two, has given reads, has been here day in and day out, and has come out as the town doctor, just deserve a lynch no matter how much it makes zero logical sense to lynch me. Based mostly on agreeing with Exodu5 about a couple things (because *gasp!* what he said made sense if you read it without the benefit of hindsight).

If you're town, I hope to Christ you have a backup plan for when I die and flip town. Because your little lists and reads are wrong to the point that I can't help but roll my eyes when I read it.

I mean, no hard feelings or anything. It's just a game and it's all in fun, and if I were to ever meet you, I'd buy you a beer and laugh about all this, but seriously. You're way, way off base. Like so far off that I have to believe you're scum to be making some of these claims you're making (particularly the verifiably false ones).

But it's whatever. I've made my defense, I've claimed my role, and now I wait for my inevitable end, whether at town's hands today or tomorrow or scum's hands tonight next or the next or whenever they decide to come).

In the meantime, I need to focus on finding more gold in all this shit. All I ask is that, when I die, if it's by town lynch, the mod who writes my story has my body found clutching a picture of Hyper with my middle finger held up at it.

FEP,

At day's end yesterday, you rushed in and pushed for a lynch of Hyper. But you were rushed and say now that you were drunk.

Care to elaborate on your readings now that you have time and are (presumably) sober?

Not much to elaborate. He doesn't feel town. End of day vote forcing is great but it felt off. And while forcing other votes, he avoided committing to an actual position himself, bandwagoning the opposite of his proclaimed target to avoid the nl. I don't have proof. I haven't caught him lying. But he feels wrong, just like exodu5 did. The bus slip was never what set me off on exo. I explained before, it was how he responded to machina even when i agreed with his point. Even when i felt like sorian, flux, and fran had ridiculous responses and exo had the sane one, the way he said it felt off. Same with hyper. He props himself up with a townie thing that he did d1, but it still felt fake to me and he's done nothing demonstrably town since. The most real thing he's done is commit to getting you lynched today, which would be nice if you weren't such an awful lynch today imo. Also don't like things like telling people how to make reads list. Controlling town thought is not good imo. Of course we want to build things into teams but let it happen naturally. If we start forcing team reads we start building narratives in our own minds and then trying to justify them.

That said, my reads:

Scum:
Hyper
Plop
Buzzard (role blocker)

Null:
Dragonz
Matt
Verelios

Town:
Pk

Only two of those 3 are scum, imo. Both hyper and plop have rubbed me wrong at various points but plop has done more to realistically make me think he is town than hyper.

This in particular:
FEP, if you get here before the day ends, what's your reading on exmachina and Zippedpinhead?
Not because he called to me. But that he stopped mid machina fuck up and had doubt. Seemed real. I can't link a real post from hyper besides his drunk college app thing d3. I believe those. Of course my vote was on plop so it could just be him trying to get me off him but he wasn't really up for vote and I'm the only one who voted him the whole day.

Not much to elaborate. He doesn't feel town. End of day vote forcing is great but it felt off. And while forcing other votes, he avoided committing to an actual position himself, bandwagoning the opposite of his proclaimed target to avoid the nl.

A. There was something to find in TheExodu5's posts, he didn't just "feel off"

Doesn't llook like I have time for my TheExodu5 detailed rundown, but I looked/skimmed his posts

similar issue as theexmachina64 generally, seems more to be trying to find reasons to vote for someone than find someone to vote for with good reason. Somewhat aggressive.

Bus thing may or may not be a slip, it's making me see him a little more scummy

In stark contrast to how I remember him in bar, but he crashed and burned hard in bar mafia so maybe he wants to go totally away from that. Idk, he seems to have gone too far in the other direction though

B.
I can't back it up at all right about now (because my vote is on you), but I'm fine with either of you and exodu5 being lynched

I don't have proof. I haven't caught him lying. But he feels wrong, just like exodu5 did. The bus slip was never what set me off on exo. I explained before, it was how he responded to machina even when i agreed with his point. Even when i felt like sorian, flux, and fran had ridiculous responses and exo had the sane one, the way he said it felt off. Same with hyper. He props himself up with a townie thing that he did d1, but it still felt fake to me and he's done nothing demonstrably town since. The most real thing he's done is commit to getting you lynched today, which would be nice if you weren't such an awful lynch today imo.

Addressed this above

Also don't like things like telling people how to make reads list. Controlling town thought is not good imo. Of course we want to build things into teams but let it happen naturally. If we start forcing team reads we start building narratives in our own minds and then trying to justify them.

http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/4803-Hydra-Game-6-A-Primary-to-Remember

oqmYCxh.png

I'm done with this fucking game.

That said, my reads:

Scum:
Hyper
Plop
Buzzard (role blocker)

Null:
Dragonz
Matt
Verelios

Town:
Pk

Only two of those 3 are scum, imo. Both hyper and plop have rubbed me wrong at various points but plop has done more to realistically make me think he is town than hyper.

This in particular:

Not because he called to me. But that he stopped mid machina fuck up and had doubt. Seemed real. I can't link a real post from hyper besides his drunk college app thing d3. I believe those. Of course my vote was on plop so it could just be him trying to get me off him but he wasn't really up for vote and I'm the only one who voted him the whole day.

mPBsg7b.png

Find some actual reasons to be suspicious, don't bring up shit I've been saying for months out and in game

It's a shame people bring up shit like this and me being inactive when I've made it pretty damn obvious multiple times that I wouldn't do shit like my the game thread inactive on purpose

So yeah,

Ourobolus

Banned
Let's cool it a bit with the meta-commentary. No one here remembers everything nor was everyone around then. Calm down guys, it's just a game

That was finding something? We're all trying to find reasons to vote people d1.

Your turn to calm down, hyper. My reaction to you telling people how to build lists midway through the game isn't me meta-ing you, trust me. I don't follow you on twitter (i don't think--i might) and i have no idea what the fuck you post on mafia universe or og or discord or even gaf unless I'm there and involved. So i don't care how long it's been your thing, i don't like the idea of controlling town thought. I read it a bit stronger than i should have perhaps, but it didn't sit right. Especially when it came attached with garbage like this:

BlackBuzzard + TheExodu5 is impossible, so he can't be scum.
PK Gaming + TheExodu5 and PK Gaming + plop is impossible, so he can't be scum
Verelios + TheExodu5 is highly unlikely, probably town
Don't sit right at all.

If you are town then you need to get real, and not in a "woe is me, why is fep so dumb and meta-ing me" sense. That is the scum "all my plans are going unexpectedly awry for stupid reasons" defense.

An obvious target? She was on most scum lists. They avoided hitting her for this long probably for that very reason.

But now, they kill her after she announces she's checking on me, leaving me with my dick in my hands. And you conveniently buy right into it.

If I were scum, do you REALLY think I'd be dumb enough to claim doctor only to kill the person checking up on me the night after? Seriously?

That's a perfect reason to NK someone. So they cannot share their results with the town. Meaning you are probably not a good guy.

I also find it suspicious that they would kill the tracker over the claimed doctor, which usually is an auto NK target just because of the nature of the role.

Vote: plop

I bought no items and do not have any.

Verelios

Long ass day at work and I come back to almost no postings.

Scum got this.
Rationally speaking, if we don't go full dumbass then we should be able to lynch everyone suspect before we get too bad.

Here's my vote for today, I'll be coming round tomorrow if anyone wants to discuss voting semantics

Vote:BlackBuzzard

I'm absolutely willing to go through deductive reasoning but any person who comes to me with brute force lynching methods can get the hell off the island.

Counter wagon of one. Hyper and plop both look terrible here. Neither look great in recent days either with plop looking worse. I still feel worse about hyper and want plop to have a chance to prove his role. Definitely down for hitting bb.

Actually, what the fucking shit.

Vote: Plop

Mea culpa, hyper. We know there's a role block. Obvious scum move would have been to block plop and kill him. Chance us still lynching star the next day anyway and nk vanguard tonight.

Still, I'd like to hear from vanguard. He jumped on my move. Not sure if it is because everyone correctly believes that I'm town between the exodu5 call out (and the attempted push off of last night's ml) but I'd like to hear more there. Hyper, you rub me scum but then so did zeke in Phoenix, which lead us to ignore the obvious issues until it was too late. Same with kawl in bachelor but we got over it to nail the last two scum from the jaws of defeat. Hyper, I'ma trust you, bro.

Top Bottom